Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images

Saturday, January 21st, 2012 2:54PM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 44,710

After giving us a quick look at the possible alternate head from the instruction sheet for Transformers Prime Powerizer (Voyager) Optimus Prime, Pretender Skywarp now gives us some nice in-hand images of the figure. This version of Optimus Prime features translucent parts, a light-up gimmick, and new weapons. Check out Pretender Skywarp's images below.

Credit(s): Pretender Skywarp
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336727)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 21st, 2012 @ 2:58pm CST
I Want a first addition prime. Please. Someone cut me a deal on him, bulkhead, BB, and Cliffjumer. Possibly Arcee. Oh gawd, what are they gonna do to her!? :SICK:
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336732)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:06pm CST
Needs more red on the torso. Too much gray.

Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336733)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:08pm CST
good god that is horrid. need first edition BADLY! :SICK:
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336737)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:15pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336739)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:21pm CST
I like the way he looks! Leave him alone!!! I think I like it more than the first adition. I like the gun, sword, and everything! I can't wait to get this!
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336743)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:26pm CST
The forearms look longer and the legs look shorter than the first edition. It seems that the first edition figures are universally better. Good job Hasbro.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336744)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:26pm CST
The gun I can take or leave, Op' looks badass wih a sword tho'!
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336749)
Posted by Stumpybot on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:32pm CST
This prime is a TOTALLY new mold for the record

The back kibble sucks, the FE version doesn't have it to that extent. I've managed to position mine to hide it a bit. It's hardly the end of the world

The robot chest windows are also the alt mode windows, which is cool. Otherwise it's got the same articulation as fe prime but with added ball joint neck here

The gun is pretty crap in my opinion, just because you can't lock it open and in its normal state it's kinda a big block. But that's a gimmick the kids will love and I've heard it ties into the season 2 arc.

Overall I love mine. I'm just gutted I was too late to nab megatron too. But got one on order for Tuesday anyway
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336752)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:37pm CST
WolfDawg wrote:Thanks for the pics Skywarp. The figure looks to be nearly identical to the First Edition Voyager Prime, aside from some mechtech ports, transluscent plastic, and different weapons. That being said, I think I prefer the First Edition version due to the fact that I hate transluscent plastic and the weapons for Powerizer Prime look WAY too gimmicky.

Not even close.

The backpack is completely different, as is the chest, arms and feet. The backpack is a glaring error.

BeastProwl wrote:HOLY FREAKING BACKPACK! :shock: Does the First Addition have the same issue? I remember a Picture Blurrz did, and it looked so much smaller than that.

No. The First Edition Optimus does have a backpack, but the panels are smaller, fold in closer and have the smokestacks at the appropriate orientation.

Doubledealer93 wrote:good god that is horrid. need first edition BADLY! :SICK:

Yes, you do.

Evil_the_Nub wrote:It seems that the first edition figures are universally better. Good job Hasbro.

They are. And yes, good job Hasbro. (With all the sarcasm intended.)

Stumpybot wrote:This prime is a TOTALLY new mold for the record

I'm glad you enjoy it, but the mods they made...ruined it for me. First Edition is Prime's saving grace.

I wish Hasbro would tell us what's going on with this toyline and the others. Delays, possible cancellations and now subpar re-imaginings of superior molds that almost no one has been able to get. WTH?
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336758)
Posted by Stumpybot on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:49pm CST
I think as a mass market toyline, bear in mind this will be getting a ton more exposure than generations ever did, so they need it to be kid friendly, so stupid transparent parts and panel forming together to get a sleek physique is part of them playing the game

I'm glad I got all the first editions, like you said they are superior but I think it was largely aimed away from children judging by distribution patterns

I'm still freakin amazed so little info leaked prior to release

If the current gimmick reflects the season story, which I'd heard involved tracking down powerful weapons, I'm pretty sure another version of the mold will be along soon enough
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336760)
Posted by Requiem Prime on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:49pm CST
Hasbro, why?

Just when we think you've started going back to basics and create good things in their own right, you turn around find some way to kneecap all your hard work.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336764)
Posted by Stumpybot on January 21st, 2012 @ 4:00pm CST
I'm not trying to defend some of the goofier design choices. I'd still say first edition is far superior, but these were pretty much sold out across the country within hours, and the deluxes are all pretty damn cool. Hasbro can't be doing that much wrong. plus this is the line they want to return transformers to the dominant kids toy in the world. It may not suit my taste but if it means a line that isn't 2/3 bb repaints it could be worse

Figures like Wheeljack and soundwave continue the tradition of the fe figs, and the cyberverse commanders are damn cool, especially starscream. I'd recommend anybody try them

I think until wave 2or 3 we would be premature to dismiss the line. The voyager starscream and sky quake look sick and if there's a little transparent plastic and a goofy light up gun I'll cope
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336778)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 21st, 2012 @ 4:18pm CST
I shot my load when I saw one of these at work today. Then I had a good look at it. Uber pass. Clear plastic arms are ugly. No red on torso is ugly. Stupid looking weapons are ugly. All in all, not a fan. First Edition for victory.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336794)
Posted by Anonymous. on January 21st, 2012 @ 4:56pm CST

[color=teal]
No, you should be able to fold the backpack on the FE version. [/color]
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336795)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 21st, 2012 @ 5:01pm CST
Blurrz wrote:

[color=teal]
No, you should be able to fold the backpack on the FE version. [/color]

But it wasn't nearly as larg, and it fits in FAR FAR better. post your Prime vs. Domo Pic in Comparison to the Backpack Pick up there, Maybe that'll fix things. (Can't find Blurrz' pic)
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336803)
Posted by Anonymous. on January 21st, 2012 @ 5:23pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

[color=teal]
No, you should be able to fold the backpack on the FE version. [/color]

Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336818)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 21st, 2012 @ 6:28pm CST
See? FE prime's back kibble is smaller and closer to his body, as aposed to Powerizers Prime...
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336825)
Posted by philtron3030 on January 21st, 2012 @ 7:11pm CST
Lord Onixprime wrote:In my best Samuel Jackson voice, "I'm tired of these mother freaking gimmicks in my mother freaking transformers"

haha agreed, I mean it's a truck that transforms to a robot, it's two toys in one isn't that an awesome enough gimmick?

but ya, that is not awesome. my excitement for this line is slowly starting to shatter, the only redeeming figures so far imo are Wheeljack and Megs.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336853)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 21st, 2012 @ 9:13pm CST
I don't want anything to do with this guy.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336865)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on January 21st, 2012 @ 9:48pm CST
Seems too simplified... and too transclearent. I'm happy with my 1st edition one :D

Tell me the powerizer one is better than this: :lol:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Lot Vintage Defensor Protectobots Almost Complete 1980s Toys! - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 50 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers G1 Lot Vintage Abominus Terrorcons Almost Complete 1980s Toys! - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 8 minutes 6 seconds
Takara Transformers Generations TG06 SWINDLE Complete Fall Of Cybertron Figure - Time Remaining: 11 days 13 hours 8 minutes 37 seconds
Skywarp Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 10 minutes 2 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Combiner Wars Defensor Protectobots toy figure complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 25 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus ☆Takara Tomy - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 26 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers G1 Lot Vintage Menasor Stunticons Almost Complete 1980s Toys! - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 41 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS KISS PLAY PLAYERS  AUTOROOPER ATARI MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 57 minutes 2 seconds
Website Security Test