Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images

Saturday, January 21st, 2012 2:54PM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,832

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

After giving us a quick look at the possible alternate head from the instruction sheet for Transformers Prime Powerizer (Voyager) Optimus Prime, Pretender Skywarp now gives us some nice in-hand images of the figure. This version of Optimus Prime features translucent parts, a light-up gimmick, and new weapons. Check out Pretender Skywarp's images below.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Credit(s): Pretender Skywarp
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336727)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 21st, 2012 @ 2:58pm CST
HOLY FREAKING BACKPACK! :shock: Does the First Addition have the same issue? I remember a Picture Blurrz did, and it looked so much smaller than that.
I Want a first addition prime. Please. Someone cut me a deal on him, bulkhead, BB, and Cliffjumer. Possibly Arcee. Oh gawd, what are they gonna do to her!? :SICK:
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336732)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:06pm CST
Needs more red on the torso. Too much gray.

Image
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336733)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:08pm CST
good god that is horrid. need first edition BADLY! :SICK:
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336737)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:15pm CST
In my best Samuel Jackson voice, "I'm tired of these mother freaking gimmicks in my mother freaking transformers"
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336739)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:21pm CST
I like the way he looks! Leave him alone!!! I think I like it more than the first adition. I like the gun, sword, and everything! I can't wait to get this!
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336743)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:26pm CST
The forearms look longer and the legs look shorter than the first edition. It seems that the first edition figures are universally better. Good job Hasbro.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336744)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:26pm CST
The gun I can take or leave, Op' looks badass wih a sword tho'!
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336749)
Posted by Stumpybot on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:32pm CST
This prime is a TOTALLY new mold for the record

The back kibble sucks, the FE version doesn't have it to that extent. I've managed to position mine to hide it a bit. It's hardly the end of the world

The robot chest windows are also the alt mode windows, which is cool. Otherwise it's got the same articulation as fe prime but with added ball joint neck here

The gun is pretty crap in my opinion, just because you can't lock it open and in its normal state it's kinda a big block. But that's a gimmick the kids will love and I've heard it ties into the season 2 arc.

Overall I love mine. I'm just gutted I was too late to nab megatron too. But got one on order for Tuesday anyway
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336752)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:37pm CST
WolfDawg wrote:Thanks for the pics Skywarp. The figure looks to be nearly identical to the First Edition Voyager Prime, aside from some mechtech ports, transluscent plastic, and different weapons. That being said, I think I prefer the First Edition version due to the fact that I hate transluscent plastic and the weapons for Powerizer Prime look WAY too gimmicky.


Not even close.

The backpack is completely different, as is the chest, arms and feet. The backpack is a glaring error.

BeastProwl wrote:HOLY FREAKING BACKPACK! :shock: Does the First Addition have the same issue? I remember a Picture Blurrz did, and it looked so much smaller than that.
I Want a first addition prime. Please. Someone cut me a deal on him, bulkhead, BB, and Cliffjumer. Possibly Arcee. Oh gawd, what are they gonna do to her!? :SICK:


No. The First Edition Optimus does have a backpack, but the panels are smaller, fold in closer and have the smokestacks at the appropriate orientation.

Doubledealer93 wrote:good god that is horrid. need first edition BADLY! :SICK:


Yes, you do.

Evil_the_Nub wrote:It seems that the first edition figures are universally better. Good job Hasbro.


They are. And yes, good job Hasbro. (With all the sarcasm intended.)

Stumpybot wrote:This prime is a TOTALLY new mold for the record

The back kibble sucks, the FE version doesn't have it to that extent. I've managed to position mine to hide it a bit. It's hardly the end of the world

The robot chest windows are also the alt mode windows, which is cool. Otherwise it's got the same articulation as fe prime but with added ball joint neck here

The gun is pretty crap in my opinion, just because you can't lock it open and in its normal state it's kinda a big block. But that's a gimmick the kids will love and I've heard it ties into the season 2 arc.

Overall I love mine. I'm just gutted I was too late to nab megatron too. But got one on order for Tuesday anyway


I'm glad you enjoy it, but the mods they made...ruined it for me. First Edition is Prime's saving grace.

I wish Hasbro would tell us what's going on with this toyline and the others. Delays, possible cancellations and now subpar re-imaginings of superior molds that almost no one has been able to get. WTH?
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336758)
Posted by Stumpybot on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:49pm CST
I think as a mass market toyline, bear in mind this will be getting a ton more exposure than generations ever did, so they need it to be kid friendly, so stupid transparent parts and panel forming together to get a sleek physique is part of them playing the game

I'm glad I got all the first editions, like you said they are superior but I think it was largely aimed away from children judging by distribution patterns

I'm still freakin amazed so little info leaked prior to release

If the current gimmick reflects the season story, which I'd heard involved tracking down powerful weapons, I'm pretty sure another version of the mold will be along soon enough
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336760)
Posted by Requiem Prime on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:49pm CST
Hasbro, why?

Just when we think you've started going back to basics and create good things in their own right, you turn around find some way to kneecap all your hard work.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336764)
Posted by Stumpybot on January 21st, 2012 @ 4:00pm CST
I'm not trying to defend some of the goofier design choices. I'd still say first edition is far superior, but these were pretty much sold out across the country within hours, and the deluxes are all pretty damn cool. Hasbro can't be doing that much wrong. plus this is the line they want to return transformers to the dominant kids toy in the world. It may not suit my taste but if it means a line that isn't 2/3 bb repaints it could be worse

Figures like Wheeljack and soundwave continue the tradition of the fe figs, and the cyberverse commanders are damn cool, especially starscream. I'd recommend anybody try them

I think until wave 2or 3 we would be premature to dismiss the line. The voyager starscream and sky quake look sick and if there's a little transparent plastic and a goofy light up gun I'll cope
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336778)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 21st, 2012 @ 4:18pm CST
I shot my load when I saw one of these at work today. Then I had a good look at it. Uber pass. Clear plastic arms are ugly. No red on torso is ugly. Stupid looking weapons are ugly. All in all, not a fan. First Edition for victory.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336794)
Posted by Blurrz on January 21st, 2012 @ 4:56pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:HOLY FREAKING BACKPACK! :shock: Does the First Addition have the same issue? I remember a Picture Blurrz did, and it looked so much smaller than that.


No, you should be able to fold the backpack on the FE version.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336795)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 21st, 2012 @ 5:01pm CST
Blurrz wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:HOLY FREAKING BACKPACK! :shock: Does the First Addition have the same issue? I remember a Picture Blurrz did, and it looked so much smaller than that.


No, you should be able to fold the backpack on the FE version.

But it wasn't nearly as larg, and it fits in FAR FAR better. post your Prime vs. Domo Pic in Comparison to the Backpack Pick up there, Maybe that'll fix things. (Can't find Blurrz' pic)
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336803)
Posted by Blurrz on January 21st, 2012 @ 5:23pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:HOLY FREAKING BACKPACK! :shock: Does the First Addition have the same issue? I remember a Picture Blurrz did, and it looked so much smaller than that.


No, you should be able to fold the backpack on the FE version.

But it wasn't nearly as larg, and it fits in FAR FAR better. post your Prime vs. Domo Pic in Comparison to the Backpack Pick up there, Maybe that'll fix things. (Can't find Blurrz' pic)


Image
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336818)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 21st, 2012 @ 6:28pm CST
See? FE prime's back kibble is smaller and closer to his body, as aposed to Powerizers Prime...
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336825)
Posted by philtron3030 on January 21st, 2012 @ 7:11pm CST
Lord Onixprime wrote:In my best Samuel Jackson voice, "I'm tired of these mother freaking gimmicks in my mother freaking transformers"


haha agreed, I mean it's a truck that transforms to a robot, it's two toys in one isn't that an awesome enough gimmick?

but ya, that is not awesome. my excitement for this line is slowly starting to shatter, the only redeeming figures so far imo are Wheeljack and Megs.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336853)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 21st, 2012 @ 9:13pm CST
I don't want anything to do with this guy.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336865)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on January 21st, 2012 @ 9:48pm CST
Seems too simplified... and too transclearent. I'm happy with my 1st edition one :D

Tell me the powerizer one is better than this: :lol:
Image
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336879)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on January 21st, 2012 @ 11:04pm CST
Saw this earlier, went and preordered FE Prime immediately.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336931)
Posted by metaphorge on January 22nd, 2012 @ 6:12am CST
Pure trash. I hope this is not typical of what we can expect of Prime Voyagers going forward.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1336963)
Posted by Mr_Wayne on January 22nd, 2012 @ 8:44am CST
This may be a dumb question. Is this going to replace the Fe mold or Will we still be able to pick up both when they hit the stores in the U.S.?
Maybe hasbro renames the Fe mold

i fear what may happen to bulkhead
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337053)
Posted by SaTaN CoNvOy on January 22nd, 2012 @ 1:50pm CST
Man that is one ugly looking Prime.


:twisted:
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337070)
Posted by jaws on January 22nd, 2012 @ 3:01pm CST
Glad I got my accurate First Edition Voyager TFP Optimus Prime
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337089)
Posted by El Duque on January 22nd, 2012 @ 4:06pm CST
YouTube's zenithII has uploaded a video review of the recently released in the UK Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime. Check out his review embedded below.

Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337106)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 22nd, 2012 @ 4:54pm CST
I do like some things about this toy like the feet and the fact that the windshield isn't a cheat, but overall the FE one is definitely better. The truck mode looks too chibi here and of course I'm not a fan of the translucent arms. This one is not bad though, it's not like it's a terrible toy. It's just not as good as the First Edition one.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337122)
Posted by crazyjeffy on January 22nd, 2012 @ 6:21pm CST
I agree with the first post. The only things I like more about the RID one is the feet and the chest.

Of course, I'm still waiting for FE Prime, Bulkhead, and Cliffjumper.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337129)
Posted by tf459 on January 22nd, 2012 @ 6:42pm CST
For what I have seen so far the first editions are the better figures. Im glad I went ahead with my gut and bought them instead of waiting on these. I would've had to fork out more money to get the first editions and then sell these guys. Now all I need is wheeljack, soundwave, and voyager megs and I'm good for a while. I just wonder how messes up are bulkhead, arced, and stars cream? Only time will tell.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337135)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 22nd, 2012 @ 6:55pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:I do like some things about this toy like the feet and the fact that the windshield isn't a cheat, but overall the FE one is definitely better.


The windshield isn't, but the chest still is. Looks terrible, too. The F.E. one might be a big cheat, but it's a good looking cheat.

kirbenvost wrote:The truck mode looks too chibi here and of course I'm not a fan of the translucent arms.


It's worse than I imagined.

kirbenvost wrote:This one is not bad though, it's not like it's a terrible toy. It's just not as good as the First Edition one.


I dunno. Get the F.E. in hand, then compare this... PRID's pretty terrible.

I love how the artwork on the box is show accurate, while the figure inside isn't even close. You can even see where his chest isn't the right color.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337238)
Posted by noctorro on January 23rd, 2012 @ 3:19am CST
I have to agree, the First Edition looks more screen accurate. I do like extra weapons. But I just ebayed the FE, I think the price of that Prime will go through the roof in a few months.

Still, this is frustrating, we in Holland have to ebay almost everything so I always have extra costs :)

It doesn't look that bad.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337423)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 23rd, 2012 @ 2:26pm CST
I just hope the rest of the first editions make it stateside at all at this point. And before someone chimes in about them never showing up in Europe, yes I'm sorry about that, really. At the least if they make it stateside they'll be more available for importing overseas. Though even in Canada not everyone can find them easily from what I gather, so my hopes are not high that this will be happening soon.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337424)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 23rd, 2012 @ 2:28pm CST
Vicalliose wrote:I just hope the rest of the first editions make it stateside at all at this point. And before someone chimes in about them never showing up in Europe, yes I'm sorry about that, really. At the least if they make it stateside they'll be more available for importing overseas. Though even in Canada not everyone can find them easily from what I gather, so my hopes are not high that this will be happening soon.

I have a solution, the Takara versions. That#s what I'm doing at least.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337465)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 23rd, 2012 @ 4:03pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:I dunno. Get the F.E. in hand, then compare this... PRID's pretty terrible.

I love how the artwork on the box is show accurate, while the figure inside isn't even close. You can even see where his chest isn't the right color.


I have the First Edition, and I still think this one's not terrible or even bad, just not as good. If the First Editon didn't exist we wouldn't be hating this one as much.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337493)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 23rd, 2012 @ 5:07pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I dunno. Get the F.E. in hand, then compare this... PRID's pretty terrible.

I love how the artwork on the box is show accurate, while the figure inside isn't even close. You can even see where his chest isn't the right color.


I have the First Edition, and I still think this one's not terrible or even bad, just not as good. If the First Editon didn't exist we wouldn't be hating this one as much.


That's true, we probably wouldn't be complaining as much. Though, you'd see a lot of kitbashers working on mods to make him more show accurate.

There is ONE thing I will give the PRID version over the FE... PRID's almost gapless in vehicle mode. FE...no matter how hard I try, the nose of the cab/arms and roof/feet, are always slightly gapped. Holds together just fine, but the gap's large enough that you can see the innards if you look hard enough.

Those things kinda bug me.
Re: Transformers Prime Powerizer Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (1337502)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 23rd, 2012 @ 5:41pm CST
Yeah, same. I can get the middle gaps closed but then the roof doesn't peg down tightly. Don't know what's up with that.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014