Transformers News: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 1:48PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,556

Yesterday we reported that the upcoming Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray were listed for pre-order and set to release in October, but the no cover art or synopsis were available. Today thanks to TV Shows on DVD we have both! Be forewarned the synopsis contains spoilers regarding the end of the Transformers Prime saga, the synopsis can be found be scrolling past the cover art.

The DVD is set to release on October 8th, but the Blu-ray will be available a week earlier on October 1st.

Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October

Last chance to turn back....................................................................................................................

A resurrected UNICRON has taken over the now-lifeless body of MEGATRON to seek vengeance on the AUTOBOTS and ultimately, the destruction of Cybertron. This formidable enemy forces an unlikely alliance between the AUTOBOTS, DECEPTICONS, PREDAKING and two new Predacons, who come together in an epic battle to help protect their newly restored planet!
Credit(s): TV Shows on DVD
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1503942)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 17th, 2013 @ 1:53pm CDT

But "lifeless"? Interesting, I suppose. Megatron will be killed sometime between now and then, most likely in "Deadlock".

Two new Predacons? Also interesting. I'm anxious to hear how they will come about.

Overall, this movie seems like it'll be a thriller! Can't wait to see it. :D
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1503946)
Posted by starscreamprime1010 on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:08pm CDT
Sounds completely different than I thought it would, yet amazing!!

My guess: Airachnid and the Insecticons will be controlled or forced to work as Unicron's army since they are still infected with the Dark-En/Synth-En formula. That would be awesome.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1503950)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:30pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Well, that explains why two toys that are called "Unicron Megatron" are coming down the pipe. Unicron returns? But his spark was (supposedly) extinguished at the end of the first season. I wonder how they'll have him return. :-?

No, he was put to sleep not killed.

thing with Megatron comes as a bit of a shock. However, I don't think he's dead, otherwise it would have been worded differently.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1503951)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:35pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
No, he was put to sleep not killed.

One would think that with Unicron's spark going "POOF!", he'd be "dead", or off to another continuity, since he is a multiuniversal singularity.

[quote]Thing with Megatron comes as a bit of a shock. However, I don't think he's dead, otherwise it would have been worded differently.[/quote]

Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1503952)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:55pm CDT
I'm guessing this will air on the hub like late august or early September.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1503953)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:57pm CDT
I'm excited for this.

Anyone else think the two new Predacons are Skylynx and Darksteel from the Predacons Rising subline?. It gives me even more reason to buy those gorgeous repaints. :KREMZEEK:

I thought they said something about bringing Unicron back; this recon firms it. Can't say I'm enthusiastic about it anyway.

I wonder if any Autobots die here or in Episode 65. :twisted:
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1503954)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:59pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
No, he was put to sleep not killed.

They stated that the Matrix is the only thing that can put him back to sleep and that they can't kill him without destroying the planet. Earth is still very much in tact so he's alive.
[quote]

Yeah, I thought that was a little shocking as well. It did say "lifeless", so either he's dead, or his spark is outside of his body.[/quote]
Yea, he ether has an outer-body experience, is dead or more likely "on stand-by" with forcing himself back into control over his own body during or after the climax, ether as a deus-ex machina to defeat Unicron or as the classic "en of slasher film uprising" thing.
Ether way, this sounds awesome.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1503957)
Posted by Superwheeljack on July 17th, 2013 @ 3:07pm CDT
Those two predacons are Most likely sky lynx and dark steel.
Didn't see that coming
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1503970)
Posted by Henry921 on July 17th, 2013 @ 3:34pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
I wonder if any Autobots die here or in Episode 65. :twisted:

Of course you do. ;)

Well, I imagine it's not a great spoiler to learn [spoiler]the bad guy dies[/spoiler].
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1504062)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 17th, 2013 @ 8:33pm CDT
when does the third season get released? i bet this will be on it.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1504123)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2013 @ 11:10pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1504124)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 17th, 2013 @ 11:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, gracious. Him again?! In a movie whose title makes it sound Predacon-centric? That has to be the biggest load of horse pucky I've ever heard. :roll:

Yeah, I also thought that was very odd. Misleading title is misleading. >:oP
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1504125)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 17th, 2013 @ 11:14pm CDT

Hahaha I was waiting all day for your response to this and you didn't disappoint. :)
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1504128)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2013 @ 11:16pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Yeah, I also thought that was very odd. Misleading title is misleading. >:oP
I mean, honestly, would it really kill them to make a movie that's called "Predacons Rising" be about, you know, predacons who are rising?!

viruscarnage wrote:

Was at work all day. :oops:
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1504129)
Posted by ILL-Star on July 17th, 2013 @ 11:20pm CDT
As soon as I saw that Unicron Megatron repaint I figured that's what would happen. Kinda like Galvatron in Beast Wars Neo. With Megatron gone though, it gives a good explanation as to how a new Beast Wars could start. But I'm sure that won't happen. :-(
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1504132)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 17th, 2013 @ 11:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:

Was at work all day. :oops:

Ya I figured most people aren't like me and stay home all day.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1504133)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2013 @ 11:23pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:

Was at work all day. :oops:

Ya I figured most people aren't like me and stay home all day.
I will tomorrow, though. Got a few days off in a remarkable case of scheduling.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1504135)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 17th, 2013 @ 11:25pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:

Was at work all day. :oops:

Ya I figured most people aren't like me and stay home all day.
I will tomorrow, though. Got a few days off in a remarkable case of scheduling.

Just in time for SDCC.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1504166)
Posted by Manterax Prime on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:21am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:when does the third season get released? i bet this will be on it.

This is a MOVIE! It has no place on DVD release of Season 3.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Synopsis - Spoilers (1504461)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 18th, 2013 @ 3:57pm CDT
Yet another reveal from the Hasbro Transformers panel, and it's more Transformers: Prime goodness! Check out the embedded video below, courtesy of Seibertron, for a clip from the movie-length conclusion to Beast Hunters (though not part of season 3) - Predacons Rising.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS G1 LEFT ARM RAMP FOR  FORTRESS MAXIMUS MINT 1980s VINTAGE ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 29 minutes 47 seconds
**NEW TAKARA TOMY Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 OPTIMUS PRIME CONVOY **USA** - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours
Hasbro 1995 Transformers Beast Wars Optimus Primal MIB Transmetals c-8 - Time Remaining: 10 days 15 hours 18 minutes 53 seconds
NEW Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan Morbot Figure Bot - Sports Race Car Vehicle - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 4 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Air Raid & Wind Sheer Universe Action Figures 2004 - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 6 minutes 25 seconds
NEW Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow Figure Tranforms Race Car Robot Rescan - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 21 minutes 46 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE SOUNDWAVE MP-02 DECEPTICON TOYS R US TRU EXCLUSIVE NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 51 minutes 55 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction EVASION MODE OPTIMUS PRIME NEW/SEALED NIP - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 39 minutes 22 seconds
Website Security Test