Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October

Transformers News: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October

Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 7:42PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,882

Amazon has listed pre-orders for the Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray. Both are scheduled for release in October. The DVD will release on October 8th, but you can get the Blu-ray a week earlier on October 1st. No cover art, special features, or description at this time. The pre-orders can be found at the links below:

Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising [Blu-ray]

Product Details
Price: $17.48
Format: NTSC, Widescreen
Language: English
Studio: Shout Factory Theatr
DVD Release Date: October 1, 2013

Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising

Product Details
Price: $15.27
Format: NTSC, Widescreen
Language: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Studio: Shout Factory Theatr
DVD Release Date: October 8, 2013
Credit(s): Amazon
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503777)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 16th, 2013 @ 9:02pm CDT
I will be pre-ordering this this weekend most likely
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503810)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 16th, 2013 @ 11:32pm CDT
so is this the "tv movie" that will wrap up the season and series?

if so, its weird they announce a release date for that but not the whole season?
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503829)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2013 @ 12:24am CDT
Bouncy X wrote:so is this the "tv movie" that will wrap up the season and series?

Not necessarily. It's quicker to put together a single-disc DVD movie than it is a multi-disc season boxed DVD set. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503837)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:15am CDT
I hope they make a box set that has the 3 seasons and Predacons Rising
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503883)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2013 @ 10:13am CDT
viruscarnage wrote:I hope they make a box set that has the 3 seasons and Predacons Rising
I hope they don't do that. I've already bought seasons 1 and 2, and I hate having to double dip on seasons I've already bought when something even better comes along.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503900)
Posted by njb902 on July 17th, 2013 @ 11:02am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I'd buy a season 3 and movie bundle.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503905)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 17th, 2013 @ 11:27am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I didn't buy the first 2 seasons, I got a less legal means of getting them, but I do plan on picking all of them up after Prime is done.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503916)
Posted by ScottyP on July 17th, 2013 @ 12:06pm CDT

That would be cool, I've been holding out on buying them thinking they'll do such a thing.

And for those that already bought them separately, I'm sure S3 will still be available separately as well.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503920)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 17th, 2013 @ 12:16pm CDT
Here is the cover art and story synopsis it is very spoiler heavy though.

tvshowsondvd.com

[spoiler]A resurrected UNICRON has taken over the now-lifeless body of MEGATRON to seek vengeance on the AUTOBOTS and ultimately, the destruction of Cybertron. This formidable enemy forces an unlikely alliance between the AUTOBOTS, DECEPTICONS, PREDAKING and two new Predacons, who come together in an epic battle to help protect their newly restored planet![/spoiler]
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503932)
Posted by ScottyP on July 17th, 2013 @ 1:31pm CDT
[spoiler]TWO new Predacons are actually getting animated?[/spoiler]

:APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503935)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 17th, 2013 @ 1:37pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:Here is the cover art and story synopsis it is very spoiler heavy though.

tvshowsondvd.com

Holy crap :shock:
Seriously guys, don't read that unless you want to spoil yourself silly, crap I wish I hadn't read that now. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503939)
Posted by El Duque on July 17th, 2013 @ 1:47pm CDT
Yesterday we reported that the upcoming Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray were listed for pre-order and set to release in October, but the no cover art or synopsis were available. Today thanks to TV Shows on DVD we have both! Be forewarned the synopsis contains spoilers regarding the end of the Transformers Prime saga, the synopsis can be found be scrolling past the cover art.

The DVD is set to release on October 8th, but the Blu-ray will be available a week earlier on October 1st.

Last chance to turn back....................................................................................................................

[quote]A resurrected UNICRON has taken over the now-lifeless body of MEGATRON to seek vengeance on the AUTOBOTS and ultimately, the destruction of Cybertron. This formidable enemy forces an unlikely alliance between the AUTOBOTS, DECEPTICONS, PREDAKING and two new Predacons, who come together in an epic battle to help protect their newly restored planet![/quote]
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503942)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 17th, 2013 @ 1:53pm CDT

But "lifeless"? Interesting, I suppose. Megatron will be killed sometime between now and then, most likely in "Deadlock".

Two new Predacons? Also interesting. I'm anxious to hear how they will come about.

Overall, this movie seems like it'll be a thriller! Can't wait to see it. :D
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503946)
Posted by starscreamprime1010 on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:08pm CDT
Sounds completely different than I thought it would, yet amazing!!

My guess: Airachnid and the Insecticons will be controlled or forced to work as Unicron's army since they are still infected with the Dark-En/Synth-En formula. That would be awesome.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503950)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:30pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Well, that explains why two toys that are called "Unicron Megatron" are coming down the pipe. Unicron returns? But his spark was (supposedly) extinguished at the end of the first season. I wonder how they'll have him return. :-?

No, he was put to sleep not killed.

thing with Megatron comes as a bit of a shock. However, I don't think he's dead, otherwise it would have been worded differently.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503951)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:35pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
No, he was put to sleep not killed.

One would think that with Unicron's spark going "POOF!", he'd be "dead", or off to another continuity, since he is a multiuniversal singularity.

[quote]Thing with Megatron comes as a bit of a shock. However, I don't think he's dead, otherwise it would have been worded differently.[/quote]

Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503952)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:55pm CDT
I'm guessing this will air on the hub like late august or early September.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503953)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:57pm CDT
I'm excited for this.

Anyone else think the two new Predacons are Skylynx and Darksteel from the Predacons Rising subline?. It gives me even more reason to buy those gorgeous repaints. :KREMZEEK:

I thought they said something about bringing Unicron back; this recon firms it. Can't say I'm enthusiastic about it anyway.

I wonder if any Autobots die here or in Episode 65. :twisted:
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503954)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 17th, 2013 @ 2:59pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
No, he was put to sleep not killed.

They stated that the Matrix is the only thing that can put him back to sleep and that they can't kill him without destroying the planet. Earth is still very much in tact so he's alive.
[quote]

Yeah, I thought that was a little shocking as well. It did say "lifeless", so either he's dead, or his spark is outside of his body.[/quote]
Yea, he ether has an outer-body experience, is dead or more likely "on stand-by" with forcing himself back into control over his own body during or after the climax, ether as a deus-ex machina to defeat Unicron or as the classic "en of slasher film uprising" thing.
Ether way, this sounds awesome.
Re: Transformers Prime: Predacons Rising DVD and Blu-ray Set to Release in October (1503957)
Posted by Superwheeljack on July 17th, 2013 @ 3:07pm CDT
Those two predacons are Most likely sky lynx and dark steel.
Didn't see that coming

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS Generations Reveal The Shield RTS Battle In Space RODIMUS CYCLONUS - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 22 minutes 19 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Combiner Wars Menasor Stunticons BRAKE-NECK Wildrider NEW Sealed - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 7 minutes 32 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations Deluxe Decepticon THRUST DIRGE THUNDERCRACKER Lot NEW! - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 37 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations RID Deluxe Class THUNDERCRACKER Figure NEW Sealed MOSC - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 37 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Platinum Edition YOTS Year of The Snake OMEGA SUPREME Sealed NEW! - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 22 minutes 17 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations RTS Reveal The Shield Voyager GRAPPLE Sealed NEW MOSC! - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 52 minutes 27 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2007 First Movie Deluxe ARCEE Pink Motorcycle Figure New MOSC! - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 52 minutes 29 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 4 CGC 9.8 MINT WHITE PAGES 1985 1ST APPEARANCE OF SHOCKWAVE DINOBOT - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 39 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016