Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th!

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th!

Thursday, July 26th, 2012 4:27AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Media
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 25,394

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Great news from The Hub! Transformers Prime returns with all new episodes on August 25th!

The continuation of season 2 will start off with the aftermath of the Insecticon attack on Bulkhead and show us which direction our heroes go next.

Will you be tuning in? Have you been impatiently waiting? Let us know in the comments!

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news!
Credit(s): Hubworld.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404304)
Posted by njb902 on July 26th, 2012 @ 5:39am CDT
sweet.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404314)
Posted by kriksix on July 26th, 2012 @ 6:21am CDT
super sweet.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404324)
Posted by Tiki Prime on July 26th, 2012 @ 6:50am CDT
:DANCE: Happy Happy Joy Joy :DANCE:
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404340)
Posted by Heavy B on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:55am CDT
Well its about damn time
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404348)
Posted by iguanabytes on July 26th, 2012 @ 8:13am CDT
baited


Freaking


Breath
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404351)
Posted by That Bot on July 26th, 2012 @ 8:15am CDT
NAILED IT.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404358)
Posted by Va'al on July 26th, 2012 @ 8:27am CDT
That Bot wrote:NAILED IT.


So you did. Have an e-cookie.
Image
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404363)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2012 @ 8:58am CDT
They said Fall at SDCC. August isn't Fall. Weird. :???:
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404373)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:13am CDT
Well Butter My Butt and call me a Biscuit! :DANCE:
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404380)
Posted by Va'al on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:They said Fall at SDCC. August isn't Fall. Weird. :???:


This just goes to prove that communication isn't the biggest asset at Hasbro HQ.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404387)
Posted by njb902 on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:37am CDT
Va'al wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:They said Fall at SDCC. August isn't Fall. Weird. :???:


This just goes to prove that communication isn't the biggest asset at Hasbro HQ.


?????? does it really matter? it's back so goodie!
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404388)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:39am CDT
oh god yes
Image

and yes i have been patiently waiting.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404389)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:40am CDT
I just realized that it's coming back the weekend after the Rescue Bots one-hour season 1 finale. So, between both shows, we'll still have a full run of new episodes with no breaks. :D
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404438)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 26th, 2012 @ 11:02am CDT
Finally new episodes cant wait
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404455)
Posted by triKlops on July 26th, 2012 @ 11:49am CDT
nice, looking forward to some new episodes
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404484)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 26th, 2012 @ 12:57pm CDT
super duper sweet!
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404499)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on July 26th, 2012 @ 1:28pm CDT
Finally! It's about time.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404547)
Posted by Bounti76 on July 26th, 2012 @ 3:35pm CDT
What I haven't ever understood is WHY the long break....to FINISH a season. Was the rest of Season 2 not animated yet? I can't see the logic behind a break of several months.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404554)
Posted by Hotrodimust on July 26th, 2012 @ 3:54pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:What I haven't ever understood is WHY the long break....to FINISH a season. Was the rest of Season 2 not animated yet? I can't see the logic behind a break of several months.

I also don't get why they do this but they did it with season 1 also. Then when the show starts up again and you can't remember why something happened because it's been 3 months. I hope it's not like season 1 where the show comes back on for 5 or 6 episodes. Maybe it's because of summer break they figure kids arnt gonna be home to watch it or something who knows just hurry up with the rest of the season
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404559)
Posted by That Bot on July 26th, 2012 @ 4:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:They said Fall at SDCC. August isn't Fall. Weird. :???:

It is in entertainment. Summer movies start in May. Fall programming starts in August. The media calendar doesn't always match up with the Gregorian calendar.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404564)
Posted by njb902 on July 26th, 2012 @ 4:31pm CDT
That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:They said Fall at SDCC. August isn't Fall. Weird. :???:

It is in entertainment. Summer movies start in May. Fall programming starts in August. The media calendar doesn't always match up with the Gregorian calendar.


nor for that matter do the actual seasons!
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404578)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on July 26th, 2012 @ 5:31pm CDT
Finally some solid concrete info on prime alot better than the supposed September date so I guess that means the episode named dubbed "Revelations" is also false meaning this episode would be called something else.

Still I wonder if Shockwave wil show if he does it will more than likely be the episode after this or towards the ending of season 2.

Shockwave could make for a nice season 2 finale.

Right now I am more anxious to learn of Bulkheads fate and how the Artifacts will be used and which side will use them 1st.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404584)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 26th, 2012 @ 6:23pm CDT
Rodimus2006 wrote:Finally some solid concrete info on prime alot better than the supposed September date so I guess that means the episode named dubbed "Revelations" is also false meaning this episode would be called something else.

Still I wonder if Shockwave wil show if he does it will more than likely be the episode after this or towards the ending of season 2.

Shockwave could make for a nice season 2 finale.

Right now I am more anxious to learn of Bulkheads fate and how the Artifacts will be used and which side will use them 1st.


If it's not from the TV Guides or the producers themselves, it's more likely than not to be fake.

As I said before, they're probably going to have an all-out battle with all the relics they acquired throughout the season for the finale.

Which gives me an idea. What if the Dinobots came to Earth in that silly Prime comic we're getting about them, and encounter Shockwave as well. Both the Dinos and Shockie are put into stasis, only to be recovered by respective sides before the Season 2 finale, as recovered "relics."

Also, if they killed of Bulk like they did Megs, and bring him back to surprise ass-whoop a Silas-within-him Breakdown and aid in the final battle, that would be awesome!
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404598)
Posted by Foxbear on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:They said Fall at SDCC. August isn't Fall. Weird. :???:

Perhaps they are from Canada or Alaska... Fall comes early there.

Nevertheless...... :) :D :grin: :KREMZEEK: :grin: :D :)
Prime is on the way back!
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404619)
Posted by Gundamu on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:46pm CDT
YES!!!
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404669)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2012 @ 10:33pm CDT
If Shockwave ever does show up, I'm think it might be during season 3. Why? Well, in Fall of Cybetron, Shockwave is the one who turned the Lightning Strike Coalition into the Dinobots. Then, in the "Rage of the Dinobots" comic, the Dinobots are supposed to have a reunion encounter with Shockwavein a post-FOC setting. Since that comic is meant to lead into season 3 of Prime, and since they won't tell us if the Dinobots are gonna be in season 3 or not (wanting us to read the comic instead to find out), I'm thinking that maybe what the comic leads into for season 3 might not specifically be the appearance of the Dinobots in Prime, but of Shockwave instead. Like, if Shockwave escapes the Dinobots and leaves Cybertron at the end of the comic, only to then show up in the third season of the Prime cartoon.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404690)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 26th, 2012 @ 11:55pm CDT
and i bet the season will still finish before it even starts airing here in canada. teletoon said they'd start season 2 in the fall so yeah.

but yeah this trend of splitting seasons up is completely retarded, especially for those shows who only have 12-16 episodes to begin with. at least this one has 20 something but still, i'd rather deal with a number of reruns here and there throughout a season then going 3 months or more with a break.

had they not done the break thing, we'd probably be celebrating the 2nd season's release on dvd/blu-ray....not the return of a current season after a months long break.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404698)
Posted by That Bot on July 27th, 2012 @ 1:03am CDT
Bouncy X wrote:but yeah this trend of splitting seasons up is completely retarded, especially for those shows who only have 12-16 episodes to begin with. at least this one has 20 something but still, i'd rather deal with a number of reruns here and there throughout a season then going 3 months or more with a break.

Mid-season breaks are pretty normal, and not just for Transformers. It allows them to produce episodes at a slower than breakneck pace, space out a short show over a longer period of the year, and have a shorter turnaround between seasons. I suspect the "start in February/end in October" situation is going to continue this year and next and possibly 2014, if the show lasts that long. Does it suck not having Prime for 3 months? Yes. But that's life, and we've got Rescue Bots to tide us over.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404952)
Posted by YRQRM0 on July 27th, 2012 @ 9:14pm CDT
Anyone know how many more episodes are left of season 2? I hope we don't have to have any longer-than-a-month breaks for a while, since I'm sure it'll end in a crazy cliffhanger.

I can't wait to see what happens. I do hope Bulkhead dies, or becomes permanently damaged to where he can't fight (which could lead to great moments of Ratchet being able to leave the base and stuff).
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1404966)
Posted by That Bot on July 27th, 2012 @ 10:07pm CDT
11 more episodes, by my count, assuming another 26 episode season.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1405105)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 28th, 2012 @ 11:30am CDT
That Bot wrote:11 more episodes, by my count, assuming another 26 episode season.


Yeah, both seasons are 26 episodes. Haven't heard about Season 3's episode count.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1405257)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on July 28th, 2012 @ 11:27pm CDT
I have said it all along that WFC,FOC and Prime are in the same timeline meaing if they make a 3rd game which I think they will considering how popular it is. It wouldnt come out until at least 2014 and it would be on next-gen systems such as Wii-U, 720-Durrango and PS4-Orbis.

If they did a 3rd game they need to put in characters such as Tailgate since Cliff Jumper is in this game and Cliff is in Prime that means Tail Gate would need to be in the 3rd game also Airchanid and lastly Arcee + Original Team Prime.

It can take place on the world were Airachnid held Arcee which I assume would be in our neck of the woods or close by considering this is right before current events of Prime.

Silus/Breakdown is like the Wildcard factor as MECH is very hush hush and pops up when you least expect. That just dont pop up on a whim they have a reason and an objective.

Shockwave could be a season 2 ender but then again could be season 3 my guess is now season 3 cause of the comic book deal.

Also lets not forget there is also suppose to be a Combiner and my money says that it will be Combaticons = Bruticus since they are in FOC and FOC is connected to Prime. Like I said none of the really juicy stuff will hit until season 3.

Such as Animated didnt get juicy until Season 2 ender and the beginning of Season 3 which indtroced many new characters. Expect the same for Prime.

WFC, FOC, the comics and toys are all in the same timeline and are connected to Prime either currently or prequely.

Also just cause they have a toy in the Prime line such as Skywarp or Ultra Magnus dosent necessarily mean they will be on Prime TV we have seen this before.

I myself wanan see Perceptor in Prime
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1405259)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on July 28th, 2012 @ 11:38pm CDT
Also PrimeStriker that is 10 Episodes left not 11 do your math again.

Season 1 26 with Season 2 26 and I heard Season 3 was suppose to be about the same with a Late Winter Startdate.

Meaning Season 2 will end either in October-November with 10 Episdoes remaining in 2.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1405267)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 28th, 2012 @ 11:59pm CDT
Rodimus2006 wrote:I have said it all along that WFC,FOC and Prime are in the same timeline meaing if they make a 3rd game which I think they will considering how popular it is. It wouldnt come out until at least 2014 and it would be on next-gen systems such as Wii-U, 720-Durrango and PS4-Orbis.

If they did a 3rd game they need to put in characters such as Tailgate since Cliff Jumper is in this game and Cliff is in Prime that means Tail Gate would need to be in the 3rd game also Airchanid and lastly Arcee + Original Team Prime.

It can take place on the world were Airachnid held Arcee which I assume would be in our neck of the woods or close by considering this is right before current events of Prime.
Read the novels to see where the third game would have to take place.

Rodimus2006 wrote:Also PrimeStriker that is 10 Episodes left not 11 do your math again.
Only 15 episodes of season 2 have aired, leaving 11 left to air to make 26. His math is right. "Hurt" has not aired, so it cannot yet be counted.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1405432)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on July 29th, 2012 @ 3:32pm CDT
Everyone is hoping for Ultra me I wanan see Perceptor in Prime since he has been mentioned unknown if Perceptor has a toy Primeline of him or not.

As I dont keep up with toylines as I did when I was a kid and in my younger days also back in those days I did comics also. As it is harder to get a hold of comics or any kind of books based on Transformers.

Hence the reason my info is a little out of whack, Live in a little town so not alot of options to get a hold of books or comics so I can keep track of things better.

Favorite Toy - SixShot, Favorite Series - Prime, Character - Arcee
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1405447)
Posted by njb902 on July 29th, 2012 @ 4:16pm CDT
Rodimus2006 wrote:Everyone is hoping for Ultra me I wanan see Perceptor in Prime since he has been mentioned unknown if Perceptor has a toy Primeline of him or not.

As I dont keep up with toylines as I did when I was a kid and in my younger days also back in those days I did comics also. As it is harder to get a hold of comics or any kind of books based on Transformers.

Hence the reason my info is a little out of whack, Live in a little town so not alot of options to get a hold of books or comics so I can keep track of things better.

Favorite Toy - SixShot, Favorite Series - Prime, Character - Arcee


dude you have the internet, use amazon, barnes & nobles, and walmart.com......they deliver. heck moat of the time you can get free shipping.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1405524)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 29th, 2012 @ 8:37pm CDT
Well I picked up Exodus (they didn't have Exiles at that store, but I guess it's good to read the preceding novel), and I've only read the first 3 chapters, and it's amazing so far.

Just thought I'd put that out there, but as far as Prime goes, I'm rather glad to see another Wheeljack episode (I'm getting so goddamn tired of Bulkhead, so much to the point where Bumblebee's more interesting to me). Honestly, I've said this before, and I'll say it again; Bulkhead's gotten MORE episodes to himself than Bumblebee. And come on, Bumblebee is....BUMBLEBEE!

Not that I don't like Bulkhead, however he's my least favorite bot. Urrgghhh.

Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus2006 wrote:Also PrimeStriker that is 10 Episodes left not 11 do your math again.
Only 15 episodes of season 2 have aired, leaving 11 left to air to make 26. His math is right. "Hurt" has not aired, so it cannot yet be counted.


THANK you! God, I know I suck at math, but I can count :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1405901)
Posted by Shadowman on July 30th, 2012 @ 6:57pm CDT
Rodimus2006 wrote:I have said it all along that WFC,FOC and Prime are in the same timeline


You didn't say that all along, Hasbro did.

Rodimus2006 wrote:meaing if they make a 3rd game which I think they will considering how popular it is.


Prime is popular, sure, WfC sold extremely poorly (200k units sold is very bad in this industry) and all the reviews amounted to "Eh, it's okay." By all rights Fall of Cybertron should not exist.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1405941)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 30th, 2012 @ 11:00pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:Prime is popular, sure, WfC sold extremely poorly (200k units sold is very bad in this industry) and all the reviews amounted to "Eh, it's okay." By all rights Fall of Cybertron should not exist.
Twas still the most well received TF game of them all.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1405949)
Posted by Shadowman on July 30th, 2012 @ 11:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Prime is popular, sure, WfC sold extremely poorly (200k units sold is very bad in this industry) and all the reviews amounted to "Eh, it's okay." By all rights Fall of Cybertron should not exist.
Twas still the most well received TF game of them all.


That's not saying a whole lot. Being the best in a franchise doesn't excuse a C+ average and 200k sales.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1406003)
Posted by That Bot on July 31st, 2012 @ 2:09am CDT
Maybe they figured FOC could improve on WFC significantly enough to justify greenlighting a sequel to an otherwise mediocre game. It's certainly hyped more.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1406148)
Posted by Shadowman on July 31st, 2012 @ 2:01pm CDT
That Bot wrote:Maybe they figured FOC could improve on WFC significantly enough to justify greenlighting a sequel to an otherwise mediocre game. It's certainly hyped more.


That is a bad move from a financing perspective. The cost of producing a AAA game these days is something to the tune of $20million. Would you hand someone that kind of dough twice, the second time based on the possibility that they might do better the second time?
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1406157)
Posted by njb902 on July 31st, 2012 @ 2:14pm CDT
the game maker may be contractually obligated to.........plus for deity's sake people keep paying for uwe boll movies so why does it suprise you they would make another game?
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1406183)
Posted by Shadowman on July 31st, 2012 @ 2:56pm CDT
njb902 wrote:the game maker may be contractually obligated to.........plus for deity's sake people keep paying for uwe boll movies so why does it suprise you they would make another game?


Uwe Boll got financing from German investors who could write it off, thanks to a law providing rewards to investing in movies. They'd get their initial investment back, even if it wasn't from Boll himself. They'd only have to pay taxes if the movie made back more than it's budget, so they actually stood to gain from him failing.

Anyway, this is not the thread for me questioning why a game that shouldn't have gotten a sequel did anyway.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1406763)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 2nd, 2012 @ 1:59pm CDT
Personally I'm happy we are getting FOC, even if IMO The armada game was better then WFC. Yeah, I said it.

Anyway, now that bulkhead MAY be out of the picture, how are the autobots going to function? I mean, now all they have is prime on the means of pure muscle. They need a brawny autobot brawler, and minus bulkhead, they'll be a bit short in that department...
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1406780)
Posted by That Bot on August 2nd, 2012 @ 3:12pm CDT
Sounds like a good way to introduce Ironhide and Ultra Magnus.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1406781)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on August 2nd, 2012 @ 3:15pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:Personally I'm happy we are getting FOC, even if IMO The armada game was better then FOC. Yeah, I said it.

Anyway, now that bulkhead MAY be out of the picture, how are the autobots going to function? I mean, now all they have is prime on the means of pure muscle. They need a brawny autobot brawler, and minus bulkhead, they'll be a bit short in that department...

If the Cons keep bringing in new cast members,why not do the same for Team Prime?

Not going to give up on Dinobots here
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1406966)
Posted by Ultra Brabbnus on August 3rd, 2012 @ 9:42am CDT
Yeah, i could do without the Dinobots to be honest. I'd like them to bring in a lesser known character and give them the spotlight. Someone like Trailbreaker, Hound or Smokescreen.

That said if they do bring in a more known character then Ultra Magnus would rock.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1406978)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 3rd, 2012 @ 10:22am CDT
Sorry, I meant that the Armada game was better than WFC, not FOC. How would I know if I havnt played it yet? Typo.
Anyhoot, I hope they bring in magnus.
I had a dream about the new episode last night. I hope they dont air it like that nightmare! OMG.
Re: Transformers Prime Returns With New Episodes On August 25th! (1407651)
Posted by njb902 on August 5th, 2012 @ 9:02pm CDT
so now that we are close to the return date how do you guys vote on bulkhead? give a thumbs up or down and perhaps your thoughts on why.

thumbs up. I think in the end it will be wheeljack who bites the big one. as for bulk my money is on him being put in a stasis chamber, like airachnid's, until they can fix him.

Click here to view an additional 2717 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014