Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail

Monday, March 19th, 2012 2:19PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Sightings, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 64,241

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Good news for you Canadian Transformers Prime fans, the "Robots in Disguise" Entertainment Pack featuring repaints of "First Edition" Deluxes Bumblebee and Starscream with Leland "Silas" Bishop and MECH Soldier has been sighted at retail. The Entertainment Pack along with Bot Shots Optimus Prime and Megatron with Launchers were spotted at a Wal-Mart in Ontario according to Cybertron.CA. Sorry folks, like most of the "First Edition" figures, this set will not see a US release. It was revealed at Toy Fair 2012 that this set will only be released in Canada and some Asian markets. However, Seiberton was able to acquire a set and we have a full high quality gallery for your viewing pleasure, which can be found by clicking here.

Starscream (Entertainment Pack) (Deluxe Class)
Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise

Image

Image

Image

Image


Bumblebee (Entertainment Pack) (Deluxe Class)
Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise

Image

Image

Image


Leland "Silas" Bishop (Figurine, Humans)
Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise

Image


MECH Soldier (Figurine, Humans)
Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise

Image
Credit(s): Cybertron.CA
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360081)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on March 19th, 2012 @ 2:38pm CDT
So once again, the country that created the Transformers Mythology doesn't get the cool toys. Thanks Hasbro. Oh and please put out more Bumble Bees. I only saw 8 on the hooks Toys R Us, Walmart and Target, 8 each store that is. I mean who wants Arcee, Rachett, or Soundwave.
The least they could do is put the Entertainment packs on their own website.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360083)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 19th, 2012 @ 2:41pm CDT
lol woo yay, ugly repaints. :lol: I'm more excited about the Botshots launchers. :D
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360085)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 19th, 2012 @ 2:51pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:So once again, the country that created the Transformers Mythology doesn't get the cool toys.


Live in Europe for a few years, then look at your statement again.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360089)
Posted by ClockWorkMecha on March 19th, 2012 @ 3:07pm CDT
Hrm, let's see here..An ugly repaint of SS and oh, LOOK! Yet Another Bumblebee. Quaint. And a serious pass.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360095)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 19th, 2012 @ 3:27pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:So once again, the country that created the Transformers Mythology doesn't get the cool toys.


Live in Europe for a few years, then look at your statement again.


Besides which, we didn't create it to begin with. We picked it and adapted it for US audiences, that's it just like we did with all the cool stuff like Star Blazers (Yamato), Robotech (Macross) and Voltron (don't ask me what the hell they called it beside Go-Lion, I don't know and you folks can Google as well as I can).
The United States isn't capable of coming up with stuff this cool. Instead, we gave the world stuff like Scooby Doo and Grape Ape and other things that I'm fairly certain involved illicit drugs during their inception.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360104)
Posted by Fenrir Prime on March 19th, 2012 @ 3:59pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:So once again, the country that created the Transformers Mythology doesn't get the cool toys.


Live in Europe for a few years, then look at your statement again.


Besides which, we didn't create it to begin with. We picked it and adapted it for US audiences, that's it just like we did with all the cool stuff like Star Blazers (Yamato), Robotech (Macross) and Voltron (don't ask me what the hell they called it beside Go-Lion, I don't know and you folks can Google as well as I can).
The United States isn't capable of coming up with stuff this cool. Instead, we gave the world stuff like Scooby Doo and Grape Ape and other things that I'm fairly certain involved illicit drugs during their inception.


Ummmm we only took the designs of the original toys from diaclone and microman. Transformers was created by the U.S. the Japanese adapted it for their audiences. The only series that were originally Japanese were Beast Wars II, Beast Wars Neo, Robots in Disguise (car robots) and whatever they called Armada, Energon and Cybertron.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360135)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on March 19th, 2012 @ 6:06pm CDT
I think what JGR is getting at is that Brit' Simon Furman is probably responsible for a large portion of the TFmythos.

As an aside, I got this set from eBay for £45 posted. It's a nice set, especially if you haven't got the FE versions.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360137)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 19th, 2012 @ 6:10pm CDT
Fenrir Prime wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:So once again, the country that created the Transformers Mythology doesn't get the cool toys.


Live in Europe for a few years, then look at your statement again.


Besides which, we didn't create it to begin with. We picked it and adapted it for US audiences, that's it just like we did with all the cool stuff like Star Blazers (Yamato), Robotech (Macross) and Voltron (don't ask me what the hell they called it beside Go-Lion, I don't know and you folks can Google as well as I can).
The United States isn't capable of coming up with stuff this cool. Instead, we gave the world stuff like Scooby Doo and Grape Ape and other things that I'm fairly certain involved illicit drugs during their inception.


Ummmm we only took the designs of the original toys from diaclone and microman. Transformers was created by the U.S. the Japanese adapted it for their audiences. The only series that were originally Japanese were Beast Wars II, Beast Wars Neo, Robots in Disguise (car robots) and whatever they called Armada, Energon and Cybertron.
And The Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, and Zone. The G1 Transformers cartoon was American-made, with its animation outsourced to Asian studios like Toei and AKOM. It wasn't an anime.

Plus, the Marvel G1 comics preceded the cartoon, so it was Marvel who made all the characters, not Japan.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360140)
Posted by metaphorge on March 19th, 2012 @ 6:25pm CDT
Nationalistic chauvinism is idiotic.

Regional exclusives are annoying.

I like these repaints.

The only winners are the scalpers.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360161)
Posted by Erailea on March 19th, 2012 @ 7:18pm CDT
Don't really care about this set so if it never hits the US I won't be bummed. I will wonder what the heck is up with Hasbro's distribution though.

I really want the OP/Megs set with the kids...
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360162)
Posted by LiKwid on March 19th, 2012 @ 7:25pm CDT
. . .


That starscream would make a excellent Slipstream...buuuuuuuuut nooOooOOoooOoo :roll:
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360169)
Posted by Fenrir Prime on March 19th, 2012 @ 7:32pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Fenrir Prime wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:So once again, the country that created the Transformers Mythology doesn't get the cool toys.


Live in Europe for a few years, then look at your statement again.


Besides which, we didn't create it to begin with. We picked it and adapted it for US audiences, that's it just like we did with all the cool stuff like Star Blazers (Yamato), Robotech (Macross) and Voltron (don't ask me what the hell they called it beside Go-Lion, I don't know and you folks can Google as well as I can).
The United States isn't capable of coming up with stuff this cool. Instead, we gave the world stuff like Scooby Doo and Grape Ape and other things that I'm fairly certain involved illicit drugs during their inception.


Ummmm we only took the designs of the original toys from diaclone and microman. Transformers was created by the U.S. the Japanese adapted it for their audiences. The only series that were originally Japanese were Beast Wars II, Beast Wars Neo, Robots in Disguise (car robots) and whatever they called Armada, Energon and Cybertron.
And The Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, and Zone. The G1 Transformers cartoon was American-made, with its animation outsourced to Asian studios like Toei and AKOM. It wasn't an anime.

Plus, the Marvel G1 comics preceded the cartoon, so it was Marvel who made all the characters, not Japan.



my bad those ones had completely slipped my mind, thanks for adding them to the list
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360201)
Posted by Blurrz on March 19th, 2012 @ 9:39pm CDT
And don't forget Beast Wars was produced in Canada >:oP

In regards to this set... yawn. It's exclusivity is the only thing that makes it appealing.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360204)
Posted by RazorSlash92 on March 19th, 2012 @ 9:47pm CDT
...Why is Starscream purple? I STILL don't get that. Is it meant to simulate him flowing with Dark Energon in Shadowzone?
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360259)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 20th, 2012 @ 4:12am CDT
LiKwid wrote:. . .


That starscream would make a excellent Slipstream...buuuuuuuuut nooOooOOoooOoo :roll:


Thank you!! So I'm not the only one who thinks that. Maybe paint the "silver" parts an aqua/light blue color and maybe a slightly different head....Slipstream lives!
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360267)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on March 20th, 2012 @ 5:44am CDT
dont really care all that much about the "energon infused" repaints, but i would like the MECH figures. does Hasbro have something against US fans getting the human characters from TF Prime?
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360286)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on March 20th, 2012 @ 7:17am CDT
In hand, that starscream makes a way better skywarp than the AM version does. The whole charcoal and light purple colour fits much better with the prime look than the flat black. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360296)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 20th, 2012 @ 8:25am CDT
You guys misread my first post in a pretty big way. I was simply trying to refer to these pet peeves of European collectors:

- No exclusives
- Lines almost always end just past halfway
- Prices are ridiculous

Saying something to the likes of "We "invented" Transformers, so we're entitled to the cooler toys" just screams elitism, which is one of my pet peeves.

Anyhow, back on track...

That Starscream looks good enough, but Bumblebee... Meh.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360394)
Posted by superchook6909 on March 20th, 2012 @ 1:29pm CDT
I was fortunate to find this item in Myer in Perth Western Australia for $59.99
Sadly, it didn't come with the dvd, but a full coloured bio booklet featuring the characters.
Starscream isn't out yet, so I was glad to get him early.
And having the First Edition version of Bumble Bee, even with the lame light Blue stripes and deep yellow colouring, is a plus.

:grin:
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Bumblebee vs. Starscream Entertainment Pack Spotted at Canadian Retail (1360929)
Posted by Autobot-Hellstriker on March 21st, 2012 @ 7:37pm CDT
One thing i don't get is, with all of the advanced technology hasbro has at their disposal for making their mass marketed marvel and star wars figures i wonder, why is it that only transformers bites the dusts and these new humans are reduced to overdetailed "Army Men" figures ?
Image
For those who don't remmeber army men it's green and tan soldiers who are completely immobile with no articulation and was common back in the 60's-90's as toys.

And Starscream/Screamer do your self a favor and get that paintjob fixed, it aint doing you any favors.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014