Transformers News: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed!

Monday, September 27th, 2010 12:29PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 92,820

Not to be outdone with all of the awesome toy news in the month of September, Transformers: Prime's going to finish September off with a knock out punch. The Hub's main website has finally launched, and with it we get a portal for Transformers: Prime. In it we find biographies for 11 characters, including Autobots, Decepticons and Humans. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Arcee, Bulkhead and Ratchet are summarized for the Autobots, while the Decepticons have Starscream, Soundwave and Megatron. Rounding off the list are the humans, Miko, Raf and Jackson. Check out some of the biographies below, while the rest can be seen over at the Hub!

Optimus Prime
The Autobots' leader is the biggest, strongest, and smartest. Optimus Prime makes the plans and protects the humans in the war with the Decepticons. He's awesome in big-rig mode and even more amazing as his true red-and-blue-armored self. You wouldn't call Optimus Prime cuddly, but he does care. He's just seen a lot of battle ... and he knows there's more to come.

Soundwave
A stealth drone and the Decepticons' spy master, Soundwave has no face and doesn't say much. He just quietly finds information to use against the Autobots. He can tap into any transmission anywhere, except at the Autobots' secret base. Soundwave's far-reaching tentacles can snap through concrete, but his main tools are the tiny Deployers in his chest.

Bulkhead
This giant ATV is the muscle of the Autobots. But Bulkhead's actually kind of sensitive -- as Miko learns when she bonds with him. At first he was a little afraid of hurting his tiny partner, but Miko helped him get over that. Now she even pushes him to do things that sometimes get him into trouble. But when Miko's in danger, Bulkhead's there to protect her.

Starscream
This military fighter jet is Megatron's right-hand man. Starscream would rather sneak up on his victims than face them head-on, which makes him extra-dangerous. He's an expert planner, and that's one reason Megatron keeps him around. Starscream always shows respect to his general, but he's really just waiting for a chance to take command of the Decepticons himself.

Here are some screen shots of the Transformers Prime section on HubWorld.com

Here are some additional images of the Transformers Prime characters shown on HubWorld.com

Arcee

Bulkhead

Bumblebee

Ratchet

Soundwave

Cliffjumper

Eradicon

Megatron

Optimus Prime

Starscream

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers: Prime news and updates!
Credit(s): HubWorld.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129318)
Posted by Samsonator on September 27th, 2010 @ 12:33pm CDT
And Bulkhead retains an Animated-size chin!
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129321)
Posted by Seibertron on September 27th, 2010 @ 12:42pm CDT
Here are some screen shots of the Transformers Prime section on HubWorld.com

Arcee

Bulkhead

Bumblebee

Ratchet

Soundwave

Cliffjumper

Eradicon

Megatron

Optimus Prime

Starscream
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129324)
Posted by Seibertron on September 27th, 2010 @ 12:46pm CDT
I'm getting excited for this!
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129326)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on September 27th, 2010 @ 12:46pm CDT
I think Ratchet and Bulkhead look pretty solid, but all of the others are just subpar. I might warm up to Megatron once I see more of him though.

Are we getting toys for this line at some point?

Also, Eradicon and cliffjumper's vehicle modes look nice.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129333)
Posted by --B-- on September 27th, 2010 @ 12:54pm CDT

My absolute least favorite part of the live action movies. Grrrr. It's Bumblebee, not R2-Freakin-D2!!!
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129336)
Posted by Name_Violation on September 27th, 2010 @ 12:58pm CDT
bulkhead looks pretty good
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129339)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 27th, 2010 @ 1:05pm CDT
Hoo boy.

The toys better be good, or the fan outrage will be immense. I can see it now... "Even Bayhem's robot's looked like something. I mean look at...OMG WHY IS SOUNDWAVE A BAT AND STARSCREAM A STICK WITH WINGS??"

And so on, and so on.

I like Bulkhead, a lot. Ratchet's not bad. Megatron, I can't remember, but I love the vehicle mode in that pic.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129344)
Posted by Seibertron on September 27th, 2010 @ 1:15pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Hoo boy.

And so on, and so on.

And then a year later everyone will love it.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129348)
Posted by Artakha Prime on September 27th, 2010 @ 1:20pm CDT
I really can`t see any good toys coming in the future.. i mean, these things are just so... complicated.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129349)
Posted by whacko on September 27th, 2010 @ 1:20pm CDT
Not impressed with any of the Decepticon designs. Not impressed at all. And I would kill Bulkead just to get a real Ironhide in here.

Some of the Autobots look pretty good but overall I don't know if I am really impressed with the Bayverse/Animated mashup.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129351)
Posted by lbullock7 on September 27th, 2010 @ 1:25pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129354)
Posted by Seibertron on September 27th, 2010 @ 1:29pm CDT
lbullock7 wrote:What the heck is up with Soundwave? :BOOM: He looks pretty cool but not for being soundwave, He looks like a bat, looks more like he could be mindwipe or something. Bulkhead is looking pretty cool though.

Beast Wars Mutant Soundwave was a bat and a crocodile. Bats and "soundwaves" go hand-in-hand. I'm thinking this was their train of thought.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129359)
Posted by TulioDude on September 27th, 2010 @ 1:33pm CDT
I love it!

I think we got something really special here.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129361)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 27th, 2010 @ 1:34pm CDT
Hey guys...

What toys?

What toys do you think will go along with this? They aren't going to make a whole new line and just spring it on us. It takes a year + in production and development to pump out a toy line.

As we speak, somewhere they are finishing the designs on the Movie 3 toys. We're going to go from PCC and Generations right into the Movie toys next year. There's literally no room for these things to make it to shelves.

Prime will be a prep-work and hype show leading up to the film. It may not be related to the movie, but all the visual clues are there, all of them going towards legitimizing what kids see on screen.

Bet it.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129366)
Posted by OlivusPrime on September 27th, 2010 @ 1:50pm CDT
I love some of these designs, and I was really looking forward to this cartoon. I thought it might be like Animated - good new ideas, mature, and faithful to previous designs...

...but Soundwave? Urgh. I'm a bit of a Soundwave fan, and I have to say, after the awesome designs for Animated, ROTF and WFC, this one is just a huge kick in the balls. His bio doesn't help things:

Blurrz wrote:[color=teal]
Soundwave
A stealth drone and the Decepticons' spy master, Soundwave has no face and doesn't say much.[/color]

Turnoffs don't get much bigger than that.The fact that he's just a drone, doesn't say much and "has no face" really pisses me off.

On the lighter side, I still think Optimus' design looks great, and the truck is very cool. I also think they got Bulkhead, Ratchet, Megatron and Cliffjumper right. Starscream is a bit spindly, but I suppose it kind of matches his character. Arcee looks alright too.

I reckon toys of these guys would be good, and they're probably possible, considering the kind of things we've seen in ROTF and HFTD. Obviously if these toys are planned, they won't come out until after TF3, and that's only Prime is still running by that point.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129368)
Posted by syphonn on September 27th, 2010 @ 1:58pm CDT
--B-- wrote:Bumblebee's voice was damaged on Cybertron and he communicates through beeps and boops :BOOM:

I thought you were joking when you wrote that ... until I read it on the site.

It looks like the live action movies(s) animated.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129376)
Posted by larenzo177 on September 27th, 2010 @ 2:18pm CDT
Sure these guys look funky, but don't worry! Next year we'll be getting 1516718191908336545367289384762789 new Bumblebee toys! :BOOM:
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129378)
Posted by SlyTF1 on September 27th, 2010 @ 2:30pm CDT
The designs are freking awesome! But the bios are just stealing from freking everything else! I mean damn! Bumblebee's voice is damaged again :BANG_HEAD: Why Bumblebee,Why!? And Bulkhead is sensitive but strong, and gets pushed into breking stuff from little bastard humans. Is it so hard to come up with anything new? I like Soundwave's bio though, and his design! Thats how I would look and act if I was a TF. A Decepticon spy with no face and blows stuff up. Awesome.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129379)
Posted by icenemesis on September 27th, 2010 @ 2:33pm CDT
For all of you who are ticked that soundwave is a drone relax, they are talking about a drone plane like a predator drone, not that Soundwave was one.
Re: Transformers: Prime Starts Now! Bulkhead, Soundwave, Starscream and Main Cast Revealed! (1129380)
Posted by Iron Prime on September 27th, 2010 @ 2:34pm CDT
I'm pretty underwhelmed atm. Here's hoping....

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE CLASS ARCEE - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 18 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Platinum Edition - Ultra Magnus Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 18 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers classics generations JAZZ UPGRADE KIT g1 chrome autobots - Time Remaining: 27 days 7 hours 34 minutes 3 seconds
ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MIB  FREE U.S. SHIP - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 52 minutes 57 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DOTM MECH TECH AUTOBOT TOPSPIN. MINT ON CARD. - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 53 minutes
TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE ULTRA CLASS SERIES SILVERBOLT. MINT IN BOX. FREE U.S. SHIP - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 24 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers G1 Decepticon Skywarp Action Figure Incomplete - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 10 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Fire Predaking Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 15 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive