Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February

Transformers News: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February

Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 5:14PM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Media
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 35,916

A news submission by Captain N pointed us in the direction of a new Transformers Prime home video release. This time? Ultimate Bumblebee! Everyone's favorite beep booper steals the spotlight for this special collection available on video in February.

TV Shows On DVD reports the new release here: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transf ... ebee/19143

Your Favorite Scout Like You've Never Seen Him Before! Join Bumblebee and the rest of the valiant Autobots, led by the legendary Optimus Prime, in this exciting collection of Bumblebee's best moments among The Transformers. Unleashing the antics of everyone's favorite yellow-hued transforming autobot hero, Ultimate Bumblebee is guaranteed to have you on the edge of your seat. And the four episodes, handpicked for this release, will definitely have you understanding why Bumblebee is everyone's favorite lovable little scout. Featuring the voice talents of returning Transformers legends Peter Cullen and Frank Welker alongside a superstar cast including Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters), Jeffrey Combs (Re-Animator) and Will Friedle (Boy Meets World)!

Shout! Factory has scheduled a February 25th release date for Transformers Prime - Ultimate Bumblebee on DVD. This single-disc title will cost $9.99 SRP! It's not up for pre-order at Amazon just yet, but the studio does have a listing for it at their online store. Here's a button link along with the cover art:

Credit(s): TV Shows On DVD, Captain N
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528136)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2013 @ 5:27pm CST
I'm guessing "Operation Bumblebee, Parts 1-2", "Deadlock" (due to Friedle's credit), and either "Sick Mind" or "Out of His Head".

Unless there's some bonus feature worth getting, I don't need this.
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528138)
Posted by TK415 on November 5th, 2013 @ 5:51pm CST
Your kidding me, right?

Come to think of it, what we really need is for Bumblebee to have his own on-going comic. Bumblebee should really have his own TV show as well. After that they should make a novel, the Life and Times of Bumblebee. Then Bumblebee the video game. Just the greatness of Bumblebee in every medium possible.
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528139)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2013 @ 6:00pm CST
TK415 wrote:Your kidding me, right?

Well, now that he can speak again, he's likable. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528140)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 5th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CST

Ironically, nobody gets tired of those three. :roll:

This DVD doesn't particularly matter to me, but it's nice to see Prime Bumblebee get some more recognition after Predacons Rising I suppose.
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528142)
Posted by Shockwave7 on November 5th, 2013 @ 6:49pm CST
If, by saying 'see Bumblebee as you've NEVER seen him before' they mean, 'see Bumblebee in tired re-runs that you've already seen a million times', then yeah. This lame repaint of a DVD will totally feature Bumblebee 'as we've never seen him before'.

Just what we needed - MORE Bumblebee. /sarcasm

Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528144)
Posted by Kaizen on November 5th, 2013 @ 6:52pm CST
I always thought it was a bit silly to sell mini-volumes of episodes. Especially when they're all on netflix and (eventually) DVD anyway!

In any case, I think its pretty awesome Bumblebee is in the spotlight. Maybe the series that's supposed to be a follow up to Prime will have Bumblebee as the main character...?
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528145)
Posted by Venowtron on November 5th, 2013 @ 6:59pm CST
"handpicked episodes"

well that just saved me 10$
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528146)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2013 @ 7:02pm CST
Shockwave7 wrote:Sorry to sound bitter - but I don't see why Hasbro thinks they have to cancel Transformers TV shows (even GOOD ones) just to clear toy shelves for whatever festering, worm-filled log Michael Bay intends to grunt out of his backside and call 'Transformers 4'.
What Transformers TV shows have been canceled other than Animated?
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528153)
Posted by Shadowman on November 5th, 2013 @ 8:29pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:Interesting how people flip their lids when Bumblebee gets something dedicated to himself, especially in a series when he was a near background character.

Ironically, nobody gets tired of those three. :roll:

Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528154)
Posted by Shockwave7 on November 5th, 2013 @ 8:31pm CST
[quote]What Transformers TV shows have been canceled other than Animated? [/quote]

Why are they ending TF prime? This show was good and had plenty of potential for more seasons. Don't tell me 'the HUB' wants this show off the schedule so they can make room for more re-runs of 'Jem and the Holograms'. And with the 4th movie (and it's toys) on the horizon - are we to think it's mere coincidence that TF prime is off the air and hype for the new movie is on the rise?

Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528164)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 5th, 2013 @ 9:12pm CST
Shockwave7 wrote:[quote]What Transformers TV shows have been canceled other than Animated?

And TFA was cancelled just before Dark of the Moon came out. Once, you might say 'bad luck' - twice? You gotta say - it's a calculation.[/quote]

I'm sure TFA was cancelled before ROTF.
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528166)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2013 @ 9:28pm CST
Shock[ wrote:wave7"]Why are they ending TF prime?
Because they wanted to end on 65 episodes since before the show was created, they used up all of their story material, they felt the way they ended it was satisfactory enough, they were done making it, they didn't want the show to stagnate, they want to do something else now, etc. etc.

Shockwave7 wrote:This show was good and had plenty of potential for more seasons.
Not when everything they had planned for it got eaten up by the end of season 2. Predacons Rising wasn't even new material, it was just a retread of Unicron's story and existing stuff from the novels.

Shockwave7 wrote:Don't tell me 'the HUB' wants this show off the schedule so they can make room for more re-runs of 'Jem and the Holograms'.
The Hub had nothing to do with it. Hasbro Studios felt they reached beyond their goal enough and were done with it.

Shockwave7 wrote:And with the 4th movie (and it's toys) on the horizon - are we to think it's mere coincidence that TF prime is off the air and hype for the new movie is on the rise?

EVERY Transformers show ended before the next big thing came along. That's how the business model works. They do one thing for one or two years, and then move on the the next project.

As for Animated, like Sly said, that show ended before ROTF even came to theaters. And, to Hasbro, (regardless of how awesome it was) it was a mere filler series meant to cushion the open space between the first two movie toylines, as evidenced by how quick to drop it Hasbro was when a fourth season was already being thought of (unlike TF: Prime, which never had anything planned beyond episode 65 and the Preds Rising movie).
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528169)
Posted by EagleBot13 on November 5th, 2013 @ 9:31pm CST
Sure they would.
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528170)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2013 @ 9:36pm CST
Shadowman wrote:The issue isn't that it's based on Bumblebee. The issue is that it's just a collection of Bumblebee-themed episodes that we've all already seen.
TK415 seemed pretty bummed that this a Bumblebee-themed release, which PrymeStriker seemed to be responding to.
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528230)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 6th, 2013 @ 9:10am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Yes, I was responding to TK415.
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528260)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 6th, 2013 @ 11:53am CST

I cannot believe that people still believe Prime was cancelled, seriously they've stated since the show was first announced THAT THERE WHERE ONLY GOING TO BE THREE SEASONS WITH 65 EPISODES!
They only wanted to make 65 episodes, with the option that if it was popular enough they would make more, we got more, we got a TV movie and they're already working on the sequel series.
And I believe the following will also be news to you, but TF Prime ... has Unicron in it.

Also, I hate these stupid themed episode DVDs, I mean wtf? Who needs this after already owning the whole damn show in a box?
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528261)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 6th, 2013 @ 11:58am CST
Dead Metal wrote:Who needs this after already owning the whole damn show in a box?
Kids who like Bumblebee but can't afford the boxed sets? ;)
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528292)
Posted by TK415 on November 6th, 2013 @ 2:47pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yes, I was responding to TK415.

Look, I get it, Hasbro targets their products to children. Children like Bumblebee. A parent (and or a casual consumer) may be more likely to buy a Bumblebee DVD rather than a Transformer Prime DVD. I don’t have a problem with Hasbro making money or targeting their main audience. But, as an adult collector I can have the opinion that there is an over saturation of Bumblebee.

When I saw the news about the DVD I laughed, I wrote what I wrote, and then I didn’t let it bother me again. Good for Hasbro for thinking of a way to effectively target their audience. Also, the more money they make, the more product they will produce, which could be good for me. I had decent sarcasm, I would think that “Flip their lids” was not an accurate description of my post. I can agree that there is a lot of hate for Bumblebee out there, which bothers me. But we can still laugh at Hasbro’s actions.

Additionally, I thought Prymestriker’s following comment was excellent and one that I hadn’t thought about recently: “I personally find a lot of things more annoying than Bumblebee. I can't seem to fathom all of his spite, especially when he's about as common a character as Optimus, Megatron, and Starscream at this point.”

For me, I have no spite for Bee. I just don’t like over saturation of any character. Twelve shelves of Starscream for six months would be a problem for me. When the Star Wars prequels came out I enjoyed reading novels about Yoda, Mace, and others. I didn’t want to read 10 novels about Anakin. Sure you can have main characters, just as long as they aren’t the only characters. So, is a Bumblebee DVD a problem? No. Can we laugh about it? Yes.
Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528312)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 6th, 2013 @ 7:00pm CST
TK415 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yes, I was responding to TK415.

Additionally, I thought Prymestriker’s following comment was excellent and one that I hadn’t thought about recently: “I personally find a lot of things more annoying than Bumblebee. I can't seem to fathom all of his spite, especially when he's about as common a character as Optimus, Megatron, and Starscream at this point."

Re: Transformers Prime "Ultimate Bumblebee" DVD Coming In February (1528320)
Posted by TK415 on November 6th, 2013 @ 7:39pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:Thank you for your kind and reasonable response. I apologize for any misconceptions I've made toward your post.
No problem, thank you for your kind response. You regularly have good points, and I agree that too much negativity really does get in the way. This also reminds me that tone and intent are not always clear in posts.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering