Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype?

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype?

Monday, December 24th, 2012 1:07AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,594

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Remember the alternate head featured in Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet's instruction sheet? Well a prototype figure with the aforementioned head has surfaced, and based on the colors and "M" on the the figure's hood it might have been intended to be Gears. TFW2005 user Deceptigtar has shared images of this prototype complete with alternate head and "Gear" symbol paint application. The figure also bears the telltale "not for sale" often found on prototypes and testshots. Images mirrored below.

Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype?

Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype?

Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype?

Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype?

Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype?
Credit(s): TFW user Deceptigtar
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1448910)
Posted by Cobra Delaris on December 24th, 2012 @ 1:18am CST
That looks badass. I dig the G2 colors, despite the fact that's probably just some prototype color scheme they applied. :CON:
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1448928)
Posted by Pigbeard on December 24th, 2012 @ 4:31am CST
Oh wow, really like this. That head sculpt looks familiar.. Maybe it's just reminding me of Beast Hunters Laserback.
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1448943)
Posted by Gundamu on December 24th, 2012 @ 6:54am CST
Nice use of the Ratchet mold. I wonder what his weapon will be.
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1448948)
Posted by griftimus prime on December 24th, 2012 @ 7:17am CST
hasbro said no to a repaint? wtf is going on here?
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1448960)
Posted by frogbat on December 24th, 2012 @ 8:45am CST
the ratchet mould is one of my fave from prime with my only gripe being that i'd like to have seen him a size slightly larger so as to be better in scale with the rest

i'm not liking that burgundy nor the head to be honest on Gears. I'd probably pass as I'm tryin to avoid prime repaints

also, i recently acquired silas breakdown with the arms micron gimmick. This is by far 100% more interesting enjoyable than the powerizer stuff!
Maybe i'm too old to understand it but what's the point of having a giant weapon that you need to hold into place to make it look decent?
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1448964)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 24th, 2012 @ 9:13am CST
griftimus prime wrote:hasbro said no to a repaint? wtf is going on here?


Just because it wasn't released immediately, doesn't mean Hasbro isn't going to release it. For example, Thunderwing was released in Wave 5 of the Generations line, and we saw in his instructions he would be retooled/repainted into Black Shadow eventually. Sure enough, later on in the line's last run before DOTM, Black Shadow (along with Junkheap) was released.
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1448967)
Posted by STngAR on December 24th, 2012 @ 9:17am CST
Thats not a bad looking repaint. I'm getting the Swerve (Breakdown repaint) vibe from that head. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1448977)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 24th, 2012 @ 10:01am CST
I like, but do not want.
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1448999)
Posted by Rated X on December 24th, 2012 @ 11:16am CST
What with this trend of putting a big ass "M" on the hood of every Gears ? We saw this last month on some 3rd party Gears render. The G1 toy or cartoon doesnt have an "M". I guess it stands for "Mistake".
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1449001)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 24th, 2012 @ 11:21am CST
Rated X wrote:What with this trend of putting a big ass "M" on the hood of every Gears ? We saw this last month on some 3rd party Gears render. The G1 toy or cartoon doesnt have an "M". I guess it stands for "Mistake".


Well, if I could pull up TFWiki, I'd tell you. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1449002)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 24th, 2012 @ 11:28am CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Rated X wrote:What with this trend of putting a big ass "M" on the hood of every Gears ? We saw this last month on some 3rd party Gears render. The G1 toy or cartoon doesnt have an "M". I guess it stands for "Mistake".


Well, if I could pull up TFWiki, I'd tell you. :BANG_HEAD:


Microchange. The first series Mini-bots were part of Microman, not Diaclone: they were Super-Deformed Penny Racers.
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1449003)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 24th, 2012 @ 11:30am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Rated X wrote:What with this trend of putting a big ass "M" on the hood of every Gears ? We saw this last month on some 3rd party Gears render. The G1 toy or cartoon doesnt have an "M". I guess it stands for "Mistake".


Well, if I could pull up TFWiki, I'd tell you. :BANG_HEAD:


Microchange. The first series Mini-bots were part of Microman, not Diaclone: they were Super-Deformed Penny Racers.


Thanks JelZe! :grin:
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1449013)
Posted by Rated X on December 24th, 2012 @ 12:21pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Rated X wrote:What with this trend of putting a big ass "M" on the hood of every Gears ? We saw this last month on some 3rd party Gears render. The G1 toy or cartoon doesnt have an "M". I guess it stands for "Mistake".


Well, if I could pull up TFWiki, I'd tell you. :BANG_HEAD:


Microchange. The first series Mini-bots were part of Microman, not Diaclone: they were Super-Deformed Penny Racers.


Thanks JelZe! :grin:



I can see Im not the only person who has trouble getting on TFwiki. I remember penny racers when I was a kid. Although, I thought the "penny" part was pointless. Ive heard of Microman. But this still doesnt explain why only Gears gets targeted with a big "M". Ive never seen the "M" on Brawn, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, or Huffer. (The 4 other 1984 mini-bot molds)Werent they all Microman or just Gears ?
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1449018)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 24th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CST
Wasn't this head used on AM-17 Swerve?
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1449033)
Posted by XDMan on December 24th, 2012 @ 1:26pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Wasn't this head used on AM-17 Swerve?
Nope, Swerve has the shades on him, Bladey.

Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1449040)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 24th, 2012 @ 1:49pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Wasn't this head used on AM-17 Swerve?


That's what I was thinking as well, but when I magnified his head, and then compared it to Swerve, I noticed differences. One example is what XDMan pointed out; Gears lacks the "shades" that Swerve has.
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1449084)
Posted by Anonymous on December 24th, 2012 @ 5:34pm CST
Rated X wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Rated X wrote:What with this trend of putting a big ass "M" on the hood of every Gears ? We saw this last month on some 3rd party Gears render. The G1 toy or cartoon doesnt have an "M". I guess it stands for "Mistake".


Well, if I could pull up TFWiki, I'd tell you. :BANG_HEAD:


Microchange. The first series Mini-bots were part of Microman, not Diaclone: they were Super-Deformed Penny Racers.


Thanks JelZe! :grin:



I can see Im not the only person who has trouble getting on TFwiki. I remember penny racers when I was a kid. Although, I thought the "penny" part was pointless. Ive heard of Microman. But this still doesnt explain why only Gears gets targeted with a big "M". Ive never seen the "M" on Brawn, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, or Huffer. (The 4 other 1984 mini-bot molds)Werent they all Microman or just Gears ?


Gears and Swerve have the M stamped on their hoods above the radiator. Brawn and Outback have theirs underneath the Autobot symbol on their hoods, particularly hard to see because of the aforementioned sticker. Huffer and Pipes have their symbols pressed into their doors.
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1449099)
Posted by Samsonator on December 24th, 2012 @ 6:36pm CST
If that thing were released I'd hope that reddish colour on him gets replaced with actual red... y'know.. like Gears... otherwise fantastic.
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1449101)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 24th, 2012 @ 6:54pm CST
Samsonator wrote:If that thing were released I'd hope that reddish colour on him gets replaced with actual red... y'know.. like Gears... otherwise fantastic.


I'd like to see a tad bit more red on the vehicle.
Re: Transformers Prime Unreleased Gears Prototype? (1449168)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 25th, 2012 @ 6:46am CST
Not having the chance to ever own a PRID Ratchet (Never came to Canada along so may others), I cannot say if this mold is good or not. One thing is for sure, these colors suck harder than a vacuum cleaner.

Want to see a very awesome Gears? THIS mofo:


Superior Gears is so superior.
I just bought that ROTF masterpiece for only 10$ in a combined lot. He look pretty boss in both modes, he transform in an instant like a GoBots and it's a GIGORMOUSLY HUGE deluxe compared to what we have today. Plus, nice punching gimmick. Also, paint aps. Paint aps everywhere.

If you dont have it yet, you're missing out on pure bliss in toy form.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers SDCC 2016 TITANS RETURN FORTRESS MAXIMUS MASTER SWORD NEW IN STOCK - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 22 minutes 6 seconds
K1599255 PREDAKING PREDACONS METAL SET G1 TRANSFORMERS MIB SYLE 100% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 44 minutes 52 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks G1 Corvette Japan ver IN HAND - Time Remaining: 7 days 51 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Figure Base Stand Fit for Masterpiece MP11 STARSCREAM In Stock - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 3 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers AOE Platinum Edition BREAKOUT BATTLE Rollbar+Vehicon+Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 17 minutes 46 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Platinum Edition 30th Anneversary Grimlock VS Bruticus Stock - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 18 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-28 Hot Rodimus Hot Rod 2.0 with coin - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 33 minutes 51 seconds
NEW X-TRANSBOTS BEK-01R Upgrade Kit for Transformers G1 Color FOC Bruticus - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 3 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits
Twincast / Podcast #154:
"The Misfits"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, August 28th, 2016