Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal

Transformers News: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal

Saturday, January 25th, 2014 7:26AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,599

Courtesy of the Transformers Rescue Bots Facebook page we have a piece of art from the upcoming Rescan line by artist Marvin S. Mariano. This gives us a great look at Heatwave, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime in their new forms. Heatwave now becomes a fireboat, Bumblebee has a new motorcycle mode, and Optimus Prime seems to have a couple of new modes. The first being the previously seen monster truck from the Rescan series, and a completely new Optimus Primal tyrannosaurus/excavator body. Check it out below.

Transformers News: Re: Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime and Heatwave
Credit(s): Transformers Rescue Bots Facebook
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1544959)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 25th, 2014 @ 7:37am CST
I was just about to post this. :P

It's apparently Optimus Primal. Go figure.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1544973)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 9:38am CST
Man, I wish this stuff would be the show! It probably won't be, but I wish it would.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1544983)
Posted by Convotron on January 25th, 2014 @ 10:17am CST
Bumblebee's alt mode is essentially a copy of the Dodge Tomahawk, which I think works well as a TF alt mode.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1544992)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 25th, 2014 @ 11:16am CST
What?! Optimus Primal?! Who turns into a T-rex/construction vehicle fusion thing?! That's so crazy that it works for me.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545002)
Posted by TheGlynreaper on January 25th, 2014 @ 11:47am CST
That awkward moment when a playskool transformer rescue bots figure looks better than what the latest movie has in store for a certain i dont care im sooo getting t rex prime you could put him with the dinobots alongside grimlock then
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545008)
Posted by dedcat on January 25th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CST
I have avoided the rescue bots til now, but I don't think I can resist something that fun and goofy.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545023)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 1:45pm CST
Wait. I can't see where this says "Optimus Primal". Where does it say that?
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545036)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 25th, 2014 @ 2:26pm CST
So wait, if Optimus Prime's new alt is the monster truck, and this T-rex-puppeteering-Primal fellow becomes a new character by default, could this somehow lead to an Optimus Primal voiced by David Kaye?!? The mind boggles...

While it is possible for them to be depicted an triple- or quad-changers on the show, Heatwave becoming a fire-boat implies to me that the fire-fightin' sauropod isn't Heatwave because Griffin Rock would still need something to fight terrestrial fires. Of course, he could just walk everywhere in robot mode.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545051)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 4:09pm CST
Where is this "Primal" name coming from? All I see is "Prime" written on that tiny packaging:
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545057)
Posted by Madeus Prime on January 25th, 2014 @ 4:25pm CST
Okay, is it weird I actually want to see that concept art of Bumblebee turned into a GEN toy?

Also that Optimus is surprisingly cool looking, I would buy that.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545088)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 25th, 2014 @ 7:51pm CST
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545101)
Posted by Manterax Prime on January 25th, 2014 @ 9:08pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:These are neat, but if I were Bandai, I'd consider suing Hasbro for that Optimus design. That T-Rex look and transformation is rather close to what Kyoryuger's main mecha looks like.

Well, good thing you're not Bandai. :lol:

But yeah, I can see the similarities, but they're subtle. I doubt Bandai would have any grounds for a case. Plus, Gabutyra's head and tail can't become arms.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545104)
Posted by El Duque on January 25th, 2014 @ 9:28pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Wait. I can't see where this says "Optimus Primal". Where does it say that?

Va'al got a peek at these at Toy Fair, he confirmed the name.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545113)
Posted by STngAR on January 25th, 2014 @ 9:58pm CST
If I see the primal toy in a store I probably would buy it. Most likely the One and only rescue bot I would buy

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545118)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 10:07pm CST
El Duque wrote:

Va'al got a peek at these at Toy Fair, he confirmed the name.
And it is just Optimus Prime but with a new name, correct?
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545122)
Posted by El Duque on January 25th, 2014 @ 10:24pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Va'al got a peek at these at Toy Fair, he confirmed the name.
And it is just Optimus Prime but with a new name, correct?

That I couldn't tell you, Va'al might have some additional insight.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545123)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 10:30pm CST
El Duque wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Va'al got a peek at these at Toy Fair, he confirmed the name.
And it is just Optimus Prime but with a new name, correct?

That I couldn't tell you, Va'al might have some additional insight.
Thanks.

The pic makes it look like it is just Optimus Prime due to the color scheme and face, but I wanted to double check first.
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545130)
Posted by Janus Prime on January 25th, 2014 @ 11:09pm CST
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545134)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2014 @ 11:29pm CST
Janus Prime wrote:Nice! I´m a huge Beast Wars fan but I feel like the mere existence of the franchize has kept Hasbro from giving beast modes to their characters. To me it´s cool that the Rescue Bots team sat down and thought "if Optimus Prime was a Dinosaur, what kind of Dinosaur would he be?".
Well, the old "Hearts of Steel" comic had Optimus be a Brachiosaurus before scanning his locomotive altmode. ;)
Re: Transformers: Rescue Bots Art from Marvin S. Mariano Featuring Optimus Primal (1545168)
Posted by Va'al on January 26th, 2014 @ 5:40am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
El Duque wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Va'al got a peek at these at Toy Fair, he confirmed the name.
And it is just Optimus Prime but with a new name, correct?

That I couldn't tell you, Va'al might have some additional insight.
Thanks.

All it said was 'Optimus Primal', no additional information other than the artwork we also have here. Looks like a pretty cool, chunky, simple toy though!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys