Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette

Transformers News: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette

Tuesday, March 25th, 2014 2:18PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,123

The Gamespot YouTube account has uploaded a new Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Vignette featuring Optimus Prime. In addition to being able to play as Fall of Cybertron and Age of Extinction Primes there will also be a G1 version. Enjoy the video embedded below. Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark releases on June 24th for all the major gaming platforms.

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark will merge the Cybertron game universe with the Michael Bay films. And there will be more than one version of Optimus Prime playable, including a long-time fan favorite.

Credit(s): Gamespot

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560146)
Posted by VirusCarnage on March 25th, 2014 @ 2:26pm CDT
Is it just me or do the graphics of this game look worse then the FoC graphics? Anyway I'm not surprised at all by the release date, seems to be right around where movie games come out.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560151)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 25th, 2014 @ 2:38pm CDT
For those concerned about continuity, the inclusion of G1 Optimus could just be as a bonus feature like how FOC had him as well.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560154)
Posted by VirusCarnage on March 25th, 2014 @ 2:41pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:For those concerned about continuity, the inclusion of G1 Optimus could just be a as bonus feature like how FOC had him as well.

Figured as much, I hope they include more then Optimus G1 though.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560163)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 25th, 2014 @ 3:19pm CDT
Is that a cover system I see in that shot with AOE Optimus?
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560165)
Posted by Razieon on March 25th, 2014 @ 3:25pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:Is that a cover system I see in that shot with AOE Optimus?

Definitely looks like it. My hope for this game just went up a tad!
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560192)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on March 25th, 2014 @ 5:22pm CDT
I must be blind or something. I don't know if it's me, but AOE Optimus Prime looks very ridiculous. Definitely doesn't define well as a game character. :lol:
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560211)
Posted by budmaloney on March 25th, 2014 @ 7:23pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560212)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 25th, 2014 @ 7:25pm CDT
budmaloney wrote:I'm confused. Is this the sequel to FOC? I may have missed the news bit, but why isn't High Moon involved?
It's some sort of crossover between FOC and AOE, the exact details of which we still know next to nothing about.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560236)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 25th, 2014 @ 9:49pm CDT
Wish there were some way to completely wall off the Bay Movie-verse from the whole rest of the Transformer franchise. Make it so that it never touches any other TF lore, it is its own stand alone entity, acknowledged as existing but having nothing to do with the rest of Transformers properties. Associating AoE with FoC and WFC just turns the latter two to crap in my mind.

Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560274)
Posted by Shadowstream on March 26th, 2014 @ 1:03am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:On a positive note though, Activision did one hell of a job with the G1 Prime for this game.

it's the same model they used as a reskin in FoC, and it looks horrendous :SICK:
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560279)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 26th, 2014 @ 3:07am CDT
wow AoE prime looks terrible,more proof that bayformers doesnt work. But i still dont get this game, are the different versions just skins that you get to chose like how G1 Prime was in FoC or are you forced to play as a specific version in a given level only?
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560283)
Posted by It Is Him on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:57am CDT
That's nice. Where's video of the superior 3DS version by Wayforward, IGN? Get on that.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560384)
Posted by noctorro on March 26th, 2014 @ 1:27pm CDT

Do you care?
And about some odd choice to throw in 3 totally different styles.
And that the graphics probably won't be better than Fall Of Cybertron.

But peoples, this is a 'watch the movie-play the game' video game. Don't expect Titanfall, they have a hell of a lot more restrictions and a killer deadline.

I welcome that they don't go for next gen graphics which will result in a terrible framerate and completely unpolished buggy gameplay.

I for one am fine with previous gen graphics as long as it plays as smooth as Fall Of Cybertron and they simply try to make a decent game.
I don't expect Fall Of Cybertron 2, since it's not done by High Moon Studios (are they still alive by the way?) and since it's a movie tie in.

Funny, that AOE Prime looks so out of place in that cybertron area, just as much as the FOC will look out of place in a jungle or earth city :)
As long as it's fun to play, bring it on!
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560407)
Posted by Razieon on March 26th, 2014 @ 3:02pm CDT
noctorro wrote:

Do you care?
And about some odd choice to throw in 3 totally different styles.
And that the graphics probably won't be better than Fall Of Cybertron.

As long as it's fun to play, bring it on!

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1560409)
Posted by VirusCarnage on March 26th, 2014 @ 3:11pm CDT
noctorro wrote:Do you care?
And about some odd choice to throw in 3 totally different styles.
And that the graphics probably won't be better than Fall Of Cybertron.

As long as it's fun to play, bring it on!

I agree with this as well, I'm sure that AoE prime looking out of place and stuff like that will take some getting used to but it should looks like normal after a week of playing it.

I think HMS is still alive but no one knows what they're doing.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1561983)
Posted by Knives on April 2nd, 2014 @ 3:49am CDT
If you look at the wiki page for the studio making this game, you will see that they have two development teams working on two and only two games at a time. One team is always working on a game based on someone else's IP or game series. The big thing here is that the contracted IP team is good at what they do. To put it in a sentence they are good at taking a game IP dropped by someone else and making more of it at the same level of quality.

If this track record holds out we could be looking at a game that while not better than FoC will be as good. And since I love the hell out of that game more of it with a new story is more than enough for me.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1564280)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 10th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
A tidbit of news on the videogame front, thanks to GameFly. The site has uploaded Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark game cover art, due to arrive for multiple gaming platforms in June 2014 and developed by Activision. The artwork shows a Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime standing between elements of the upcoming movie - Lockdown and Grimlock - and its videogame predecessor Fall of Cybertron, with Megatron and Shockwave in the background. Check it out below!

Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1564282)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 10th, 2014 @ 4:21pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1564287)
Posted by Downbeat on April 10th, 2014 @ 4:45pm CDT
I thought WayForward was developing while Activision was publishing.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - Optimus Prime Vignette (1564309)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 10th, 2014 @ 6:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:If Lockdown's on the cover instead of Galvatron, would this imply Lockdown being the movie's main big-bad if Galvatron really is just a manmade robot?

I'm guessing it's true. I don't think that Galvatron is not an important character in the movie since he's being controlled by humans (and he doesn't look evil at all). Either Galvatron will get a mind of his own or 5 and 6 will have different villains. Right now, Lockdown <I>is</I> getting the most attention. :CON: