Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer

Transformers News: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer

Friday, April 25th, 2014 2:20PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 23,930

Fellow Seibertron.com member Primeultimus has spotted another video on GameTrailers, concerning the upcoming Activision Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark videogame - and this time, it's not Bumblebee or Optimus Prime. Check out the embedded video below, featuring the Decepticon leader Megatron!

Credit(s): GameTrailers
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1568710)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 25th, 2014 @ 2:26pm CDT
Finally, someone that isn't Optimus Prime and Bumblebee! :roll:

Unfortunately, the video isn't working on the system I'm currently using, so I'll have to watch it at a later time when I get home.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1568711)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 25th, 2014 @ 2:36pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1568715)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 25th, 2014 @ 2:55pm CDT
i hope hes getting a new voice actor cause the one they had just doenst fit the character. And as for him being on earth thats probably just a shot from multiplayer
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1568720)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 25th, 2014 @ 3:06pm CDT
ROTF Devastator sound effect at the end there
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1568768)
Posted by VirusCarnage on April 25th, 2014 @ 5:53pm CDT
This trailer lacks Optimus, I like it.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1568769)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 25th, 2014 @ 5:54pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:What! Megatron on Earth! Are the Transformers crossing dimensions on this game? :shock:
Oy, as has been stated numerous times, this game is a dimnesional crossover between the AOE movie universe and the FOC video game universe. The titular Dark Spark will act as a portal between both universes, allowing the characters to be moved back and forth between both worlds during the gameplay.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1568771)
Posted by megatronus on April 25th, 2014 @ 5:55pm CDT
FOC Megatron desperately needs a voyager toy. Then, finally, I'll have a suitable Megatron to lead my Classics Decepticons.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1568799)
Posted by Fflaw on April 25th, 2014 @ 9:03pm CDT
Well it at least looks like it's not going to be a repeat of the Dark of the Moon game, and rather, lean more closer to the WFC/FOC games.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1568831)
Posted by Razieon on April 25th, 2014 @ 11:30pm CDT
I really wish we would have gotten a Voyager (or a Deluxe at least) sized FoC Megatron figure, it would have been so awesome, especially if it came with his sword. RotDS is starting to look pretty decent, hopefully we get a demo.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1569038)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2014 @ 5:45pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1569057)
Posted by Henry921 on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:25pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Wait a sec. If the WFC/FOC parts of ROTDS take place before the events of FOC, and Megatron is in his FOC body... oh dear.

Another continuity snarl!

I wish I could say I was surprised...
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1569058)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:27pm CDT
Henry921 wrote:

Another continuity snarl!

I wish I could say I was surprised...

Ugh, continuity discrepancies... how I loathe thee. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1569059)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:32pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Henry921 wrote:

Another continuity snarl!

I wish I could say I was surprised...

Ugh, continuity discrepancies... how I loathe thee. :BANG_HEAD:
I guess the only sensible thing to do is to write ROTDS's WFC/FOC parts out of the main Aligned timeline and consider it merely an alternate reality version like how "Tales of the Beast Hunters" is to Prime season 3.

No harm done to the main timeline that way, as it just excommunicates this game and makes it its own individuated entity.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1569061)
Posted by Henry921 on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:34pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Now if only we could extract the prior two games from the Aligned continuity and create a micro-continuity...
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1569120)
Posted by AJ TheSnowMan on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:19pm CDT
Actually I've read some things that suggest the game takes place shortly before the launch of The Ark.After Megatron is upgraded, but before the end of Fall of Cybertron.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1569122)
Posted by It Is Him on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:29pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Henry921 wrote:

Another continuity snarl!

I wish I could say I was surprised...

Ugh, continuity discrepancies... how I loathe thee. :BANG_HEAD:

Which is great! If it sucks (and it will), no real harm done to the franchise.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1569125)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:38pm CDT
AJ TheSnowMan wrote:

Source?

I read that it takes place before the Ark's launch, but not the part about it taking place right after Megatron's revival.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1569129)
Posted by AJ TheSnowMan on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:47pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
AJ TheSnowMan wrote:

Source?

I believe it was part of a Gameinformer article. Course it doesn't say specifically it's riiight after his revival, but it makes sense to me at least considering not much else is confirmed :b
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1569130)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2014 @ 10:48pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
AJ TheSnowMan wrote:

Source?

Well, the source I heard my info from was a report on an article in a Game Informer magazine issue. If the article has further info that clarifies a setting and timeframe that doesn't conflict with the previous games, then we'd have to find some way of getting our hands on that magazine issue.
Re: Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Videogame - New Megatron Trailer (1569725)
Posted by El Duque on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:31pm CDT
Courtesy of Instagram user dystamine have details on the GameStop Weathered Warriors exclusive for the upcoming Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark video game first brought to our attention by our own scalan15. This exclusive content pack will allow access to Fall of Cybertron Skywarp and Thundercracker, plus the Glass Gas cannon and Soundwave's Electro Bolter.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem