Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots

Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 12:10AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,825

iTunes has posted their early three-page preview of IDW's soon to be released Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 (Dawn of the Autobots). Check out the sneak peek below, and stayed tuned for the full preview and review.

MINDBOMB! The humans have access to a CYBERTRONIAN mind—but whose is it—and why do they want it? OPTIMUS PRIME and GALVATRON race for answers, as JAZZ faces the consequences of his last trip to Earth.

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots
Credit(s): iTunes
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1590818)
Posted by steve2275 on July 15th, 2014 @ 12:17am CDT
hey all right
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1590824)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 15th, 2014 @ 12:54am CDT

But seriously, I'd actually take the mold as anyone (looking forward to Nightbeat and potentially Jazz!). Just not Bumblebee. After seeing seven years of yellow, I've had enough of him. [-(
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1590847)
Posted by Darth Zax on July 15th, 2014 @ 4:06am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:So based on several of the opening panels, what are the odds of getting yet another retool of the Generations IDW Bumblebee mold, this time as Jazz? If that happens, Bee is on his way of becoming the next Seeker. :lol:

And what are the chances we'll see a new Huffer (which will probably be repainted into a constructicon to go with Scoop)?
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1590857)
Posted by Va'al on July 15th, 2014 @ 5:29am CDT
I'm intrigued here! Can't tell who the artist is (and the solicits only credit Griffith so far), has some Padilla echoes - unless it's Guidi with a scratchier style for the flashback!

But it's nice to finally look at Jazz' side of the story and the aftermath of what did happen last time, for me at least. :D

Also, this cover variant is amazing.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1590861)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 15th, 2014 @ 6:06am CDT
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1590874)
Posted by snavej on July 15th, 2014 @ 8:03am CDT
Jazz Club!

It's tough for easy-going, creative people in a modern war. Look what happened to Spike Milligan (post-traumatic stress disorder, manic depression, etc.).
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1590929)
Posted by Stormrider on July 15th, 2014 @ 11:58am CDT
Boy,the story looks slow and doesn't pull the reader in.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1590930)
Posted by Va'al on July 15th, 2014 @ 12:08pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Boy,the story looks slow and doesn't pull the reader in.

It is a recap, to be fair.

As I said, I am personally interested to see what they'll do with it. :D
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1590931)
Posted by Stormrider on July 15th, 2014 @ 12:10pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I missed out on the bots previous visit to earth (still hunting down the tpbs) Must of been an intense event for Jazz to do that. Looking forward to this issue. Though to be honest, just not as much as I'm looking forward to MtMtE :P

To be honest, I thought it is was poor character writing for Jazz to have shot and killed the human. It was completely out of character for Jazz to do something like that instead of improvising some other way.

They should have used a different character to have killed the human, or they need to have changed the situation so that is was more believable for Jazz to do what he did. For example, they could have had Jazz trying to immobilize the human but accidentally kill him or another human during the process.

Also it bothers me that Jazz and the Autobots care about the humans so much. Jazz has been fighting for millions of years and has advanced skills. Why does this one human death bother him so much? And is Jazz sitting in a holding cell with his gun? That's kind of odd!
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1590942)
Posted by Randomhero on July 15th, 2014 @ 1:12pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:

Never.write.comics.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1590946)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 15th, 2014 @ 1:23pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:

Yeah, it probably could have gone down in a better way, but we didn't have the same great creative team back then that we have now. One thing I like about John Barber's run on this book is being willing to revisit the events, good or ill, from the Mike Costa ongoing run. He might retcon a few things to make it work, but he doesn't ignore key story points. Everything that happened happened, and now we're seeing the ramifications of those actions.

As far as the "I killed a human" goes, I think it's more to do with how their peacekeeping operation fell apart with that one event. For the most part, the war was over and they were trying to help the humans rebuild. Being forced to kill something he was trying to protect, even to save his friend, probably shook Jazz up. Unlike the Machination, these were just scared people caught up in their fight and manipulated by the Decepticons, and in the end that very public act more or less shattered their already uneasy public image.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1591252)
Posted by Stormrider on July 16th, 2014 @ 7:48pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Stormrider wrote:

Never.write.comics.

Doesn't mean much if you don't back it up. Please enlighten us how you think the situation in the comic should have gone?
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1593496)
Posted by Va'al on July 25th, 2014 @ 5:44am CDT
Slightly earlier than what we're now used to (must be SDCC!), IDW Publishing has released a full preview for next week's issue of Transformers: Robots in Disguise - which we've posted below for your viewing pleasure! Make sure to come back after the weekend for the Seibertron.com review, and sound off your thoughts in the Energon Pub discussion boards: what are the humans/Prowl/Galvatron actually up to?

[quote]Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31: Dawn of the Autobots
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
- OPTIMUS PRIME leads the Autobots on Earth!
- Mad science and madder betrayals—whose side are the humans on?!
- Variant 20th Anniversary cover by Phil Jimenez![/quote]

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1593562)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 25th, 2014 @ 9:31am CDT
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1593601)
Posted by Va'al on July 25th, 2014 @ 11:17am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:A quick thought from the end of issue #30, shouldn't prowl know about scavenger leaking information because of his gesalt modifications?

I wondered about that too. :-?

But having read the issue, I have potential answers as well, so I can't really reply until next week!
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1593652)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:29pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

I wondered about that too. :-?

Gah! Having review issues isn't fair :P will be picking up my monthly collection when this comes out so it'll be good to discuss what's going on.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1593662)
Posted by Va'al on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:44pm CDT
I know, I usually try discussing before I read the issue, but by chance I read this one last night so it kind of spoils the fun.

But what I was going to say *before* reading it was - Prowl has been particularly scheming, and we've seen all the combiner stuff that Hasbro and IDW are going to be building upon going forwards. Maybe he's scheming even more, and is allowing the leak to happen?
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1593704)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:39pm CDT
That's what I've been thinking, well actually I went down the rabbit hole a bit further then came up with the following idea.
Prowl and Soundwave in a sort of shaky truce to get the war started again.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1593712)
Posted by Va'al on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:51pm CDT
From the new gallery (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ary/30915/), and I remember seeing it earlier, too:

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise #31 - Dawn of the Autobots (1593743)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 25th, 2014 @ 6:07pm CDT
Ah that cover, I remember seeing it in my brother's Previews magazine, it just served to fuel my prowl/Soundwave theory. With the way plot threads are being handled, I can't help but wonder about Elegant Chaos.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering