Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream Concept Art

Transformers News: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream Concept Art

Thursday, September 27th, 2012 12:37PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,271

Artist Andrew Griffith has shared one of his unused concept designs for IDW's Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream via Full Metal Hero. Take at the initial design below:

Hi guys, I haven't uploaded anything a while, so I thought I'd share an unused design for Starscream considered for RID. I was trying out a more cartoony look on this one. Was also trying for an alt-mode that made sense for post-war Cybertronian peacetime. So no sign of weaponry.

Just looked at the file info. Wow, hard to believe this was from 04/17/2011

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream Concept Art
Credit(s): Andrew Griffith via FMH
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream Concept Art (1424472)
Posted by Spleenzorio on September 27th, 2012 @ 12:53pm CDT
Toy please!
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream Concept Art (1424480)
Posted by griftimus prime on September 27th, 2012 @ 1:24pm CDT
terrible alt mode
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream Concept Art (1424487)
Posted by Downbeat on September 27th, 2012 @ 2:06pm CDT
I like it! Nice alternative to the WfC/FoC body.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream Concept Art (1424494)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 27th, 2012 @ 2:18pm CDT
I see RIDP Soundwave's alt mode nose, and War for Cybertron Starscream's tail and cockpit.

Hmmm.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream Concept Art (1424506)
Posted by G1 Legacy on September 27th, 2012 @ 2:44pm CDT
See this is close to how I always envisioned "Screamer" before he became a Decepticon. I've always wondered how he might have looked on Cybertron before the war and before he was upgraded and weaponized for combat. Remove the affiliation stickers and he could almost pass as a good guy here...almost. There are so many different continuities and timelines in this franchise that it borders on madness sometimes. But in this instance I'm mainly referring to the original cartoon cannon. I tend to take the parts that I like and get rid of the silly stuff, like Wheeljack and Ratchet fabricated the Dinobots from scratch and Megatron created the Constructicons....yeah right.
That being said there was always something about the Skyfire and Starscream as pre-war scientists and colleagues that intrigued me even as a kid. And to my knowledge his origins havn't been discussed in too much detail as of yet. So how about this as an idea people, how about an official storyline that investigates Starscreams origins and fall from grace as it were (except try and execute the story a little better than Anakin Skywalker's :lol: ).
Starscream has always been portrayed as a coniving (yet intelligent) power hungry sociopath. So to see an example of how he may have been prior to the rise of the Decepticons and Megatrons overall influence on things has always been something I wanted to see. Just throwing that out there.
*Awsome artwork!
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream Concept Art (1424509)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on September 27th, 2012 @ 2:54pm CDT
G1 Legacy, that's where CTHS comes in for me, XD

A little silly, but entertaining such thoughts, nonetheless. :D

Anyway, on topic, I love the design. Very cool.
Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream Concept Art (1424528)
Posted by zopilote_z on September 27th, 2012 @ 4:31pm CDT
Spleenzorio wrote:Toy please!

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Starscream Concept Art (1424584)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on September 27th, 2012 @ 9:41pm CDT
Nice bot mode. Strangely, the alt mode kinda reminds me of those Naboo fighters in SW - The Phantom Menace.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok