Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Takara Trading Card Game

Transformers News: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game

Friday, March 18th, 2011 11:39AM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Company News, Movie News
Posted by: Diem   Views: 51,025

Following in the footsteps of Pokemon and Magic: The Gathering a new Trading Card Game has been announced in Japan based around the Transformers live-action movies! As can be seen here the game will include various gameplays mechanics such as energon cubes for attacking and a transforming gimmick. The card will also feature brand new artwork.

The cards will be available in Japan from May.

Stick with Seibertron.com for the latest news!
Credit(s): Mach, takaratomy.co.jp

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game (1196621)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 18th, 2011 @ 11:53am CDT
NO!!! If only they where in English, I could understand...then buy them! I've always wanted a TF trading card game! No! :BANG_HEAD: No! :BOOM: NOOOOOOO!!! :-(
Re: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game (1196622)
Posted by El Duque on March 18th, 2011 @ 11:54am CDT
Guess that's why Takara BB comes with that mechtech card holder.
Re: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game (1196629)
Posted by Fortress Rodimus on March 18th, 2011 @ 12:25pm CDT
Dude that is so cool. I wish it would come to Amarica. The only problem is finding someone to play with.
Re: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game (1196634)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 18th, 2011 @ 12:37pm CDT
Well, it has to at least be better than the 3D "card game" that they released in the states during the first movie (Which I have several of :P). Still, even if it got a domestic release, the trouble would be finding people playing it. I'll stick to MTG (although I'd buy some of the TFCCG card in a heartbeat just for the novelty of it, like witht he 3D ones).
Re: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game (1196635)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on March 18th, 2011 @ 12:38pm CDT
Re: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game (1196657)
Posted by TFGnome on March 18th, 2011 @ 1:17pm CDT
Re: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game (1196660)
Posted by Mkall on March 18th, 2011 @ 1:27pm CDT
OH thank goodness it features movie characters. If it was G1, I would've had to have found a full set.

And the n would've used my crappy photoshop skills to make the rest of the cast.
Re: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game (1196666)
Posted by Natlea on March 18th, 2011 @ 1:56pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Anyone remember the Transformers 3D Battle-Card Game? Hope this turns out better than that.

Lol. Yeah. I have a few of those 3D cards, but I never played the game. Only picked them up because they were $1 a pack when I accidentally found them in January xD
Re: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game (1196670)
Posted by itMFtis on March 18th, 2011 @ 2:16pm CDT
Transforming gimmick? It will suck if I have to go origami style on my cards? >: )
Re: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game (1196699)
Posted by dragons on March 18th, 2011 @ 3:35pm CDT
its time to duel yugioh oops wrong game :lol: looks good maybe it will be made on ds just like marvel trading card, & all other yugioh games, pokemon game that are on ds if its big hit
Re: Transformers Takara Trading Card Game (1196951)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on March 19th, 2011 @ 5:53am CDT