Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced

Transformers News: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced

Thursday, June 6th, 2013 2:18PM CDT

Category: Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,708

The Idle Hands Blog brings us news of Transformers: The Covenant of Primus, a hardcover book from becker & mayer exploring the history of the Transformers civilization. Written by Justina Robson with 60 never seen before illustrations, some from the Hasbro archives and some newly commissioned pieces. The book comes in a special wall mountable Autobot symbol case that features three "transforming" sound effects that are activated as the interlocking pieces are separated to reveal a newly commissioned cover by our friend Ken Christiansen.

This book also reveals all of the original thirteen Primes:

• Prima
  • Vector Prime
  • Onyx Prime
  • Alpha Trion
  • Micronus Prime
  • Alchemist Prime
  • Solus Prime
  • Nexus Prime
  • Amalgamous Prime
  • Quintus Prime
  • Liege Maximo
  • Megatronus
  • The Thirteenth Prime

The Idle Hands Blog has posted additional images and a few excerpts, which can be found by clicking here. The book comes in at 176 pages and is priced at $99.00

The Covenant of Primus is the definitive in-world history of the Transformers. For the first time, it reveals the stories of the Thirteen Primes, the original Transformers. The narrative will also cover the golden age of Transformer civilization, the war between Optimus Prime and Megatron, and finally the present day on Earth. Sixty never-before-seen illustrations, 20 commissioned just for this book, bring these epic events to life.

The hardcover book will be housed in a custom case shaped like the Autobot emblem. The classic mechanical “transforming” sound is triggered when the reader pulls open the three segments of the case.

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced
Credit(s): The Idle Hands Blog, Paul

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493200)
Posted by VirusCarnage on June 6th, 2013 @ 2:37pm CDT
adding this to the top of my wish list
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493202)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CDT
That wall piece.... must have it! =P~ :x

Liege Maximo is using design elements of Loki from the Thor/Avengers films. Clever! :grin:

Also like how Vector Prime continues to use his Cybertron-inspired design.

Unicron's new design is straight up sweet. 8)

Not sure about the other Primes. I want to say the last one is Prima, but I'm not too sure. :-?
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493210)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 6th, 2013 @ 3:10pm CDT
I think I'll have to get this, this not only looks awesome but sounds really interesting.
The price is a little steep but, I think I'll be able to manage it.

Love the Loki design elements on Liege Maximo, the Aligned continuity stuff is sweet and actually the first time a book like this makes sense.
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493211)
Posted by sabrigami on June 6th, 2013 @ 3:12pm CDT
very tempting. what continuity does this fit into?
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493215)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 6th, 2013 @ 3:40pm CDT
sabrigami wrote:very tempting. what continuity does this fit into?

Aligned, aka Prime, Rescue-bots, War for/ Fall of Cybertron, the crappy novels, the two Universe online games, and probably something I forgot now.
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493216)
Posted by Mkall on June 6th, 2013 @ 3:44pm CDT
This looks like the book I've been waiting for for a long time.
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493221)
Posted by NovaSentinel on June 6th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CDT
So there's some new names here :D Always nice...
Prima - The First, Light and goodness etc
Vector Prime - Time and that kinda stuff
Onyx Prime - The First Beast mode guy? This one's new I think
Alpha Trion - Archivist, Scribe, Gandalf
Micronus Prime - First Mini-Con? (Also new name I believe)
Alchemist Prime - Um, an Alchemist i'm guessing
Solus Prime - The Forger, and fembot
Nexus Prime - Guardian of lots of swords and other items
Amalgamous Prime - The Trickster (I thought it was him who had the Loki horns in Prime?)
Quintus Prime - No idea at all, only that his/her name means 5... a quintuple changer?
Liege Maximo - The manipulator... I've always wondered if he was a Prime
Megatronus - The Fallen, I think we all know about him
The Thirteenth Prime - Bit lazy Hasbro :P The Last Autobot perhaps?

I hope they do a cheaper version without the crazy giant Autobot sigil. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but i'd be happy to sacrifice it if it would knock £30 off or something. Also, an aside to that, if anyone is buying this mainly for the bot logo, i'd be happy to take the book off your hands :D

EDIT: I think Quintus Prime is a reference to the Quintessons, as an homage to their transformers making origins in G1 season 3 (Thanks ArmadaPrime for the idea)
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493223)
Posted by sabrigami on June 6th, 2013 @ 4:13pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
sabrigami wrote:very tempting. what continuity does this fit into?

I see. I'm not a big fan of the aligned continuity so it makes the price hard for me to swallow. The pictures are amazing though. That may be enough to get me to bite
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493238)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 6th, 2013 @ 5:31pm CDT
This thing just looks amazing.
I'm a sucker for this type of collectible, as I already managed to acquire the (Star Wars) Jedi Path Vault and Sith Code Holocron, plus the Journal of Master Gnost Dural (probably misspelling all of it, but can't check right now).

This is definitely on the wishlist for Christmas. :x
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493239)
Posted by craggy on June 6th, 2013 @ 5:33pm CDT
By Unicron's moustache! The pics look fantastic. Promise that if I buy the book we'll definitely get mass releases of these bots in plastic and I'll throw down the 3million dollars for a wall-case-thingy that I don't want!

Seriously though, it's well expensive for something that I really would quite like. Would be nice if there was a version of the book sans over-priced box.

Even more seriously: now that they've announced the original 13, I do want toys of them. Premium quality figures. They don't all have to Transform even, but I want some plastic representations of these dudes.
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493247)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 6th, 2013 @ 5:48pm CDT
Huh, I expected the Loki-looking bot to be Amalgamous Prime, and the weird ribbon-tentacle-cloak bot to be Liege Maximo.

[strike]I do wonder what --if any-- connection Quintus Prime has to the Quintessons. Since I'm looking for one I'm finding all sorts of them: "Quint" in the name, unusual robot design, tentacles in place of legs, creating life; almost sounds like the evil Quints are a complete perversion of the Prime (which sheds the first word describing him, "innocent", in an interesting light).
... but it can totally just be me looking too far into it.[/strike]
D'oh, the post in the link directly mentions Quintus Prime makes the Quintessons.

Interesting how the 13th Prime is referred only to as "Thirteen". Megatronus has his name said despite becoming The Fallen and even forgetting his own original name and whatnot. Hmm...

Heh, they finally shed some light on the 13 business and it only raises more questions.
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493253)
Posted by craggy on June 6th, 2013 @ 6:04pm CDT
"every answer only leads to a bigger question"

I'm thinking Thirteen might be a guy we've seen before, so they're keeping his or her name a secret for now. Furmanus Prime?

edit: or it's Taz that used to be in ECW and WWF
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493262)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 6th, 2013 @ 7:02pm CDT
Definitely pick this up if I can. My only problem with this is the naming of Alpha Trion as a member of the Thirteen. He's a corny cliché that should have been l long forgotten. Not liking the beard on vector prime either. TF's with facial hair just look silly to me.

Still the book should be interesting anyway.
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493283)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 6th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CDT
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493285)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 8:59pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Liege Maximo?! There's someone I never imagined would be considered a Prime. Cue nostalgic reading of G2!

Yeah, he's been one of the original Thirteen.

Still can't get over how cool they used elements from Loki. :P
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493287)
Posted by megatronus on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:34pm CDT
Now THAT'S how Unicron should have looked in Transfromers: Prime.

I need a toy of that ASAP.

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493288)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:40pm CDT
Too expensive.
The excerpts are quite engaging though.
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493290)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 6th, 2013 @ 9:45pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Do we have a price point on this book? Hell, what do I care, I'm buying it anyway.

Taken from this very article:

[quote]The book comes in at 176 pages and is priced at $99.00 [/quote]
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493297)
Posted by megatronus on June 6th, 2013 @ 10:10pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:

Taken from this very article:

[quote]The book comes in at 176 pages and is priced at $99.00
[/quote]

Snideness aside, yes, I acknowledge that reading would have been helpful.

:oops:
Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Hardcover Announced (1493298)
Posted by Mkall on June 6th, 2013 @ 10:24pm CDT
I would love to see epic statues of the 13 Primes. Sadly I don't think that'll ever happen :(

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Constructbots Blitzwing NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 10 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Constructbots Bumblebee NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 12 minutes 2 seconds
2008 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN AUTOBOT MUDFLAP ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 12 minutes 43 seconds
2008 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN AUTOBOT SKIDS ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 14 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Movie MechTech Decepticon Crankcase MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 45 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Combiner Wars Dead End Action Figure Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 46 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Universe 25th Anniversary Ultra Class Hardhead MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 32 minutes 11 seconds
LOT TRANSFORMERS FIGURE LEGENDS CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME MEGATRON GRIMLOCK BUMBLEBEE - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 3 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory