Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live

Transformers News: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live

Saturday, January 12th, 2008 9:32AM CST

Categories: Game News, Movie News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 28,374

The Transformers Movie Videogame has now officially dropped in price. The Xbox360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii and PSP versions should now be selling for $29.99, while the Nintendo DS and Playstation 2 versions should be selling for $19.99.

Check out the listings for the games on various online stores by clicking the links below

Amazon.com
Gamestop
Best Buy

The Transformers Movie Videogame will also have a new 'transformers unlockable' feature on Xbox Live, which unlocks all the extra content and upgrades in the game for 500 Microsoft points.
Credit(s): Allspark.com, xbox360fanboy.com, gamestop.com, bestbuy.com, amazon.com
Re: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live (601813)
Posted by ashe5k on January 12th, 2008 @ 9:43am CST
Well now it's worth picking up on PS2. I was not going to spend $50 on that game. $20 I could see and so I'll be adding that to my game roster and be able to paly it again off my save from the rental. ;)
Re: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live (601834)
Posted by Senor Hugo on January 12th, 2008 @ 10:09am CST
Hm, $30 for a very crappy game?

I'll wait till it shows up in the $5 bins.
Re: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live (601836)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on January 12th, 2008 @ 10:11am CST
What is meant by upgrades? You mean the G1 bodies & skins?
Re: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live (601839)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on January 12th, 2008 @ 10:12am CST
Yes! I got the 360 version & I'll definitley go for the upgrades.
Re: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live (601868)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on January 12th, 2008 @ 10:45am CST
Senor Hugo wrote:Hm, $30 for a very crappy game?

I'll wait till it shows up in the $5 bins.
It's not the worst game you could get. Ever play Back to the Future 2 & 3 for the NES?? :?

It's fun, if you don't expect too much of it. I mean hell, it's got just as much deapth as the movie it's based off of, so in that aspect it's accurate to the movie.

Anywho...any word about the upgrades yet?
Re: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live (601881)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 12th, 2008 @ 11:28am CST
I looked great, it just wasn't fun to play.

I traded it for We Love Katamari and Burnout 3(among with some other stuff), which are very fun games.

I still enjoy playing the Armada game, and when I see the movie game in the big bin of games for $9.99 or less, then I may get it again, just because it is Transformers.
Re: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live (601902)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on January 12th, 2008 @ 11:53am CST
Liege Evilmus wrote:I looked great, it just wasn't fun to play.

Despite not playing it for quite a while, I just hang on to mine, as I did with my Armada game(the one that's more fun), even though I haven't had a PS2 for quite some time untill just last week.
Re: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live (602031)
Posted by omega666 on January 12th, 2008 @ 3:29pm CST
The game was fun. I just wish you could actually select characters. Also, in the menu, they could have said "Transform" instead of "convert".
Re: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live (602268)
Posted by Gutsman Heavy on January 12th, 2008 @ 9:19pm CST
don't waste your money on the upgrade pack, it just unlocks what you'd get from finishing the game, 'sif anyone would pay for cheats! Go gamefaqs and find out how to unlock the goodies with out blowing money for it.
Re: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live (608460)
Posted by Waylander III on January 19th, 2008 @ 9:22am CST
so you can actually play this game with the tf's g1 skins when you beat the game????? do they look any good?
Re: Transformers The Game Price Drop and Unlockables on Xbox Live (608546)
Posted by Symbiote Spiderman14 on January 19th, 2008 @ 11:24am CST
Only Prime and Megatron have the G1 skins They look good But Megatron can't transform he only flies.The rest are just repainted into the G1 colors
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014