Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed

Monday, March 18th, 2013 7:31PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 12,993

Chris Ryall has revealed on his Tumblr the artwork for the eighth volume in the IDW collection. The hardcover volume features once again a portrait of a Transformers character by fan-favourite artist E.J Su, and this time the subject is: Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime!

Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed

Check Ryall's Tumblr post for an overview of all the covers, too!
Credit(s): Chris Ryall

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472682)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 18th, 2013 @ 7:48pm CDT
I'm not gonna lie. At first glance, I thought it was Drift. :oops:
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472683)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 18th, 2013 @ 7:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I'm not gonna lie. At first glance, I thought it was Drift. :oops:

Yeah, took me a while to figure out the actual character.

I don't know, this one doesn't really do it for me. :-?
But looking at them all together is quite a treat.
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472699)
Posted by Jedi Kermit on March 18th, 2013 @ 9:47pm CDT
Who is on the cover of number 4?
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472706)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on March 18th, 2013 @ 10:08pm CDT
Jedi Kermit wrote:Who is on the cover of number 4?

IDW Grimlock
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472768)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on March 19th, 2013 @ 5:56am CDT

I still have yet to pick up 6 & 7 yet....
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472769)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 19th, 2013 @ 6:01am CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:These are now my main way of reading the IDW stuff, I don't just wait for the trade; I wait for the collections of the trades!!

I still have yet to pick up 6 & 7 yet....

I envy you a little, they look very beautiful, and they're all in suggested reading order and it has all of the trades. :-(

But no, I cannot afford these too, and I have chosen which trades to own.
Calm down Va'al.
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472815)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on March 19th, 2013 @ 10:02am CDT
I don't buy the single issues or the regular trades at all, so I'm not double dipping in that respect. I reckon the outlay is still about the same tho'. These are pretty god value for what you get.

The downside is I'm so far behind the rest of the fandom story-wise I have to be very careful to stay away from spoliers!!
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472888)
Posted by Anonymous. on March 19th, 2013 @ 2:39pm CDT
Collection Vol. 1 is the only one I have, but I must say EJ.Su's artwork is just grand.

Ending Soon On eBay

CYBERTRONIAN OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ADVANCED 2009 AUTOBOT COLLEC - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 9 minutes 28 seconds
CYBERTRONIAN MEGATRON TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DECEPTICON AWESOME NIP COLLECTIBL - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 40 minutes 8 seconds
CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ADVANCED AUTOBOT CHATTERBOX 2009 - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 25 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Armada UNICRON with Dead End Mini-Con figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 56 minutes 4 seconds
Used Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG21 Autobot Springer Painted - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 56 minutes 42 seconds
RAMJET TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN WALMART ONLY COLLECTOR CARD 2008 AWESO - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 56 minutes 36 seconds
DIRGE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DECEPTICON HE ENJOYS THE FEELING OF POWER '10 COL - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 27 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen NEW NEST Mail Away Recon Ravage, Deluxe 2010 - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 44 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive