Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed

Monday, March 18th, 2013 7:31PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 13,146

Chris Ryall has revealed on his Tumblr the artwork for the eighth volume in the IDW collection. The hardcover volume features once again a portrait of a Transformers character by fan-favourite artist E.J Su, and this time the subject is: Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime!

Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed

Check Ryall's Tumblr post for an overview of all the covers, too!
Credit(s): Chris Ryall
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472682)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 18th, 2013 @ 7:48pm CDT
I'm not gonna lie. At first glance, I thought it was Drift. :oops:
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472683)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 18th, 2013 @ 7:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I'm not gonna lie. At first glance, I thought it was Drift. :oops:

Yeah, took me a while to figure out the actual character.

I don't know, this one doesn't really do it for me. :-?
But looking at them all together is quite a treat.
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472699)
Posted by Jedi Kermit on March 18th, 2013 @ 9:47pm CDT
Who is on the cover of number 4?
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472706)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on March 18th, 2013 @ 10:08pm CDT
Jedi Kermit wrote:Who is on the cover of number 4?

IDW Grimlock
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472768)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on March 19th, 2013 @ 5:56am CDT

I still have yet to pick up 6 & 7 yet....
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472769)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 19th, 2013 @ 6:01am CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:These are now my main way of reading the IDW stuff, I don't just wait for the trade; I wait for the collections of the trades!!

I still have yet to pick up 6 & 7 yet....

I envy you a little, they look very beautiful, and they're all in suggested reading order and it has all of the trades. :-(

But no, I cannot afford these too, and I have chosen which trades to own.
Calm down Va'al.
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472815)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on March 19th, 2013 @ 10:02am CDT
I don't buy the single issues or the regular trades at all, so I'm not double dipping in that respect. I reckon the outlay is still about the same tho'. These are pretty god value for what you get.

The downside is I'm so far behind the rest of the fandom story-wise I have to be very careful to stay away from spoliers!!
Re: Transformers: The IDW Collection vol. 8 cover artwork revealed (1472888)
Posted by Anonymous. on March 19th, 2013 @ 2:39pm CDT
Collection Vol. 1 is the only one I have, but I must say EJ.Su's artwork is just grand.

Ending Soon On eBay

WHEELJACK MISSILES, LAUNCHERS & TECH SPECS; 1984 Hasbro; G1 Transformers Parts - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 47 minutes 50 seconds
GALVATRON; 1986 Hasbro; G1 Vintage Transformers; City Commander - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 17 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 D-63 TRYPTICON figure body MINT works japan takara - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 38 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1986 TRYPTICON ramp set - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 41 minutes 36 seconds
New Transformers Animated TA-18 Snarl PAINTED - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 42 minutes 6 seconds
KRE-O TRANSFORMERS, STARSCREAM, #30667, 316 PIECES, NIB, 2010 - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 42 minutes 17 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Q-Transformers QT29 Starscream F/S from Japan with Tracking number!! - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 12 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 D-63 Trypticon BRUNT 100% complete works - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 45 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory