Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek

Transformers News: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek

Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 12:52PM CDT

Categories: People News, Collectables, Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,260

Courtesy of Emiliano Santalucia's Facebook page, we were able to take a look at a couple of images from the official Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe book, about to be officially released. The book is created by Matthew Reinhart and was previously announced in June via a Hasbro press release. Take a look at the images below, from both Reinhart's own page and The AllSpark for a hint at what's to come!

Transformers News: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek

Transformers News: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek
Credit(s): Matthew Reinhart
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1522560)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2013 @ 1:25pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
G1 Sky Lynx
G1 Greatshot
G1 Whirl
Generations Scourge
G1-esque Skywarp
Someone's arm
Aligned Defensor
Some version of the Insecticons Bombshell/Hardshell, Kickback, and Shrapnel/Sharpshot
Some version of Laserbeak
Shattered Glass or Wings Universe Action Master Thundercracker
G1 Snare
Some version of Scrounge
Some version of Inferno
Some version of Blaster
United Fremble/Runzy
Prime Barricade
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1522561)
Posted by mattyc1007 on October 8th, 2013 @ 1:28pm CDT

Didn't catch a look at it much, but the £30 price tag spooked me off like a wild gazelle.
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1522562)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2013 @ 1:46pm CDT
mattyc1007 wrote:I swear I saw this for sale on the shelf at my local (Nearest ;)) Forbidden Planet D:

But it doesn't come out until the end of October.
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1522567)
Posted by Va'al on October 8th, 2013 @ 1:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

But it doesn't come out until the end of October.

The Forbidden Planet online shop allows you to buy it now. Intriguing. :-?
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1522569)
Posted by mattyc1007 on October 8th, 2013 @ 2:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

But it doesn't come out until the end of October.

I see that, that's the odd part :shock:

The thing that stuck out to me was, is that I've never seen any threads regarding a pop out TF book, and then when I last went it was there :\

Meebee FP has put it on the shelf too early?
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1522573)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 8th, 2013 @ 2:38pm CDT
is that defensor going to be a toy? thats looking pretty boss.
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1522650)
Posted by Neurie on October 8th, 2013 @ 8:16pm CDT
Yep its been out in the UK for a week.

FP central London has them on sale in store. Really nice omega supreme popup which doesn't fold down too easily on its own. A bruticus that combines from a pic of the 5 constructicons and a really quiet stunning Grimlock one too.

Its not worth the price tag though.
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1522660)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2013 @ 9:25pm CDT
If the UK's got it out now, someone better tell that to Amazon UK. They keep listing it as coming out on October 30th (later than Amazon U.S.'s date of October 29th).

Also, lucky UKers.
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1522661)
Posted by mightwork on October 8th, 2013 @ 9:30pm CDT
That arm (mainly the hand) reminds me a little of Titan Metroplex :-? (in different colours of course)
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1522897)
Posted by butcher31 on October 9th, 2013 @ 9:12pm CDT
I bought this at Singapore airport in August. For a 5 page book it's not cheap, but it is absolutely brilliant. It's very, very clever how he got the pop-ups to Transform. The size of Omega Supreme is definitely a highlight.
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1523719)
Posted by carlwebber on October 14th, 2013 @ 1:15am CDT
This is amazing.I would love to buy one for my kid and one for myself.I am a big fan of this series.
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1526795)
Posted by Seibertron on October 29th, 2013 @ 2:29pm CDT
Just a friendly reminder from your friends here at Seibertron.com ... Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe book by Matthew Reinhart is available starting today. The book features artwork by Emiliano Santalucia. You can purchase this book at Amazon.com as well as other retailers. You can hear more about this book and many other topics by listening to Episode #80 of Seibertron.com's Twincast / Podcast.

--------------------------------------------------

TRANSFORMERS: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe
By New York Times bestselling pop-up artist MATTHEW REINHART

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
On-Sale: October 29, 2013

[quote]"Autobots and Decepticons don't just pop-up - with a pull of a tab, they transform, too. A must-have for diehard TRANSFORMERS fans." - Publishers Weekly, STARRED review[/quote]
Dive into the TRANSFORMERS universe with Matthew Reinhart's newest interactive eye-popping creation, an explosive pop-up book featuring all of fans' AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON favorites. Each page in TRANSFORMERS: THE ULTIMATE POP-UP UNIVERSE not only features a towering character leaping off the page, but also gives readers the chance to pull a tab and watch in awe as the 'bots shift, change, and rise to battle in entirely new forms.

Watch as the planet CYBERTRON changes into an epic battle on Earth. Then look out for the mighty AUTOBOT OMEGA SUPREME - Reinhart's tallest pop-up EVER - as he rises off the page to smash DECEPTICON foes. Chock full of TRANSFORMERS facts and lore, and showcasing more than 35 iconic characters, including OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, BUMBLEBEE and STARSCREAM, this is a unique pop-up experience that no fan will forget.

Matthew Reinhart has created many bestselling, award-winning pop-up books, including the New York Times bestselling Star Wars: The Pop-Up Guide to the Galaxy. He lives in New York City. You can visit him at matthewreinhart.com.

Hasbro and its logo, TRANSFORMERS, and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. (c) 2013 Hasbro. All rights reserved. Licensed by Hasbro.

TRANSFORMERS: THE ULTIMATE POP-UP UNIVERSE by Matthew Reinhart
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

October 29, 2013 | Ages 6 & up | Hardcover $37.00 | 978-0-316-18662-9
Follow us on Twitter (@lbkids) and on Facebook (/LittleBrownBooks)
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1526817)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 29th, 2013 @ 5:26pm CDT
Just bought it from B&N a few minutes ago. I'm currently still listening to the latest Twincast Podcast episode and wanna get through that first before I check out this book.
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1526843)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 29th, 2013 @ 9:13pm CDT
:lol: Nothing but hilarity here.
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1526844)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 29th, 2013 @ 9:15pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote: :lol: Nothing but hilarity here.
Why's that?
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1526858)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 29th, 2013 @ 11:05pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote: :lol: Nothing but hilarity here.
Why's that?

I usually think pop up books are awesome, just coz they are, and there's also a lot of work that goes into making them work, but this just looks funny to me. Also, BBs G1 ish head on the the TF:Prime body just makes me laugh. Looks so wrong and unnatural.
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1526860)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 29th, 2013 @ 11:08pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote: :lol: Nothing but hilarity here.
Why's that?

No worse than this:

;)

In all seriousness, that's the original Aligned Bumblebee design from the Binder of Revelation that spawned the Prime Bumblebee design.
Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1526864)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 29th, 2013 @ 11:44pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote: :lol: Nothing but hilarity here.
Why's that?

No worse than this:

;)

Wow, a minute in and I just want BB dead so bad, anything to shut him up. I think the dual arm combo cannon is pretty sweet, and should actually make its way into a figure some day. Fear those who refuse to shine the light? :lol: oh the hilarity.

Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1526868)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 30th, 2013 @ 12:05am CDT
Just finished reading the book.

This. Thing. Is. GLORIOUS!!! :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK:

MINDVVIPE wrote:Yea that body and head looks terrible on BB, much better in Prime, even with BBs prime head. his G1 head needs a round body, not one thats super muscular/manly looking, imo.
But this is supposed to be a grown up Bumblebee.

What about IDW's Autobot Leader Bumblebee body that was used to make the new Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe figure?

Re: Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book - Sneak Peek (1526895)
Posted by EagleTron on October 30th, 2013 @ 4:00am CDT
AWESOME. B.O.S. bought on site. This is going to be my kids bed time book for before bed in about five to seven years from now. A good pop up book is unforgettable to a young kid, imo.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering