Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging

Transformers News: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 7:13PM CDT

Category: Live Action Movie News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 49,867

Michael Bay's S4TE twitter feed has leaked some pictures of the Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/Blu-Ray packaging. He followed up with another tweet saying that TF3 Trilogy has an autographed plaque and a real film strip sandwiched between glass plates. The images have been mirrored below.

Credit(s): S4TE twitter feed
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308950)
Posted by RoboTopia on November 5th, 2011 @ 7:20pm CDT
...Pay ATTENTION, HASBRO, ETC...
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308961)
Posted by Burn on November 5th, 2011 @ 7:43pm CDT
Pics are dodgy at best but it looks nice, definitely interesting.

RoboTopia wrote::CON: This is very interesting, But I would be even more interested in a TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION SPECIAL BLU-RAY RELEASE!!!!?!
...Pay ATTENTION, HASBRO, ETC...

DVD or Blu-Ray, I wouldn't expect much difference in quality unless they were to spend a heap of money to re-master a 25+ year old animated movie that wouldn't overly appeal to the masses.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308963)
Posted by LiKwid on November 5th, 2011 @ 7:44pm CDT
OOOoOOOO shiny :) I like..I buy!
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308967)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 5th, 2011 @ 8:08pm CDT
so is the film strip individualy numbered and how original is it? was it produces just for this dvd or was it taken from one of the masters? Just because they say its real doesnt mean much, back when i was a kid they use to give out "real film cells" in boxes of corn flakes to promote movies. But anyway the box looks cool and the film strip is a nice touch its just to bad the movies suck & im sure the price for this will be retarded.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308970)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 5th, 2011 @ 8:21pm CDT
What...is it supposed to be, exactly?
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308984)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on November 5th, 2011 @ 9:09pm CDT
So...the box looks like a triangle. An extruded triangle. And you set it in that funny Upside-down w shape so the flat side's up. Is it supposed to recall images of the allspark shard or something?

I'm with the poster before me on this: What is it supposed to be, exactly? o.o
I'm sure I'll get it for features and what-not, but, man is it looking weird atm. :lol:
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308989)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 5th, 2011 @ 9:15pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:What...is it supposed to be, exactly?

I...guess something Allspark-y...I think... :???:

It looks pretty weird. I think it needs more detail on the box to look anything like the Allspark. And film sandwiched between some glass plates? Really lame extra, not very TF-like at all. I wouldn't spend the extra money to get this.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309012)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2011 @ 10:35pm CDT
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309020)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 5th, 2011 @ 11:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:They can make any fancy-shmancy box they want. What I want is bonus content. I have not yet bought any release of DOTM since the are all nothing but the movie. I want the movie with extras, not a bare bones release.

Yes, exactly, I was super pissed when I bought my 2007 movie and found that there was absolutely no extras in it. Most of the first DVD release movies I've gotten have had extras in them, this one didn't So now with this three movie release, I also hope they have added scenes, deleted bits, story boards, concept art, interviews, voice actor commentaries, on-set videos and all that.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309073)
Posted by stk on November 6th, 2011 @ 5:06am CST
That packaging looks like a real pain in the ass.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309105)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on November 6th, 2011 @ 8:07am CST
Regardless on how this thing looks, IMHO why buy a trilogy pack when another sequel is on the way...? I'm gonna pass! :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309121)
Posted by Kibble on November 6th, 2011 @ 10:03am CST
Don't really get the appeal of the film strip. Unneeded crap. And that packaging would be a pain in the ass.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309128)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 6th, 2011 @ 10:17am CST
They're still releasing another edition of DotM alone on DVD, right? One with at least commentary and a few other extras? I already have the first 2 films on DVD so unless this is absolute awesomesauce, I'm gonna pass. I might just end up buying the DotM release currently out.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309156)
Posted by D-340 on November 6th, 2011 @ 11:27am CST

I'm quite happy with the barebones release of DOTM to be honest, the extras on the other two DVD's aren't worth it. Little to nothing to do with the Transfomers, all about stroking Bay's ego and how great he is :roll: , so no thanks I'll take a pass. Actually I'll pass on this too, I have all three on DVD(though I'm not proud to say I own ROTF). The packaging looks stupid; diamond plate stand, a case that folds into an upside down triangle thing? WTF?!?!?!?! :BANG_HEAD: What does that have to do with the movies? I mean if it looked like the Allspark or Matrix, but this looks like nothing. Oooooh, it comes with a film strip, whoopty freakin doo! I'm not sure if this could suck anymore than it already does. :SICK:
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309201)
Posted by IAmThePeej on November 6th, 2011 @ 1:20pm CST
D-340 wrote:...I'm not sure if this could suck anymore than it already does. :SICK:

It could if it had all 3 of Michael Bay's Transf.... Oh wait.. It does.
Its an interesting idea, but the design of the case, in the typical MB style of "show EXTREME close ups so no one notices how bad it truly is", so we really can't tell what the hell it is, seems more suited for a re-release of The Fifth Element since the case looks like one of the elemental runes near the end of the movie.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309323)
Posted by Decepticharger on November 6th, 2011 @ 7:24pm CST
No thanks. I'll save my money and buy a Transformers toy.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309330)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 6th, 2011 @ 7:56pm CST
I'm not giving the TF movies anymore of my money. I saw them in theatres and wish i could have my money back.
Accept fot the first one though. It was acceptable. The rest...........SHITE.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309386)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on November 6th, 2011 @ 11:32pm CST
Can't wait to get this set!
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309396)
Posted by originaldave77 on November 7th, 2011 @ 12:06am CST
If it's going to have that many moving parts they should have considered a design I made earlier this year:

http://davesgeekyideas.com/2011/01/29/t ... y-package/

That final design looks unsightly and awkward to use, but not nearly as bad as the 'Autobot Logo Head' version they are issuing for Europe.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1310033)
Posted by triKlops on November 8th, 2011 @ 2:40pm CST

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm with instructions LOW OPENING BID - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 23 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Armada Toy's Dream Project Red Thrust Infe - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 55 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise 3-Step Changers Night Ops Bumblebee Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 41 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars MEGATRON T-Rex Tyrannosaurus - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 41 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Autobot Ultimate Optimus Prime Canadian - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 13 minutes 41 seconds
1985 Whirl Complete G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 14 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Dirge Jet Loose Retired NM/M Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 59 minutes 41 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon MechTech Rachet & Bumblebee...Energon Slugslinger - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 30 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks