Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging

Transformers News: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 7:13PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 47,457

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Michael Bay's S4TE twitter feed has leaked some pictures of the Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/Blu-Ray packaging. He followed up with another tweet saying that TF3 Trilogy has an autographed plaque and a real film strip sandwiched between glass plates. The images have been mirrored below.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Credit(s): S4TE twitter feed
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308950)
Posted by RoboTopia on November 5th, 2011 @ 7:20pm CDT
:CON: This is very interesting, But I would be even more interested in a TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION SPECIAL BLU-RAY RELEASE!!!!?!
...Pay ATTENTION, HASBRO, ETC...
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308961)
Posted by Burn on November 5th, 2011 @ 7:43pm CDT
Pics are dodgy at best but it looks nice, definitely interesting.

RoboTopia wrote::CON: This is very interesting, But I would be even more interested in a TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION SPECIAL BLU-RAY RELEASE!!!!?!
...Pay ATTENTION, HASBRO, ETC...


DVD or Blu-Ray, I wouldn't expect much difference in quality unless they were to spend a heap of money to re-master a 25+ year old animated movie that wouldn't overly appeal to the masses.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308963)
Posted by LiKwid on November 5th, 2011 @ 7:44pm CDT
OOOoOOOO shiny :) I like..I buy!
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308967)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 5th, 2011 @ 8:08pm CDT
so is the film strip individualy numbered and how original is it? was it produces just for this dvd or was it taken from one of the masters? Just because they say its real doesnt mean much, back when i was a kid they use to give out "real film cells" in boxes of corn flakes to promote movies. But anyway the box looks cool and the film strip is a nice touch its just to bad the movies suck & im sure the price for this will be retarded.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308970)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 5th, 2011 @ 8:21pm CDT
What...is it supposed to be, exactly?
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308984)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on November 5th, 2011 @ 9:09pm CDT
So...the box looks like a triangle. An extruded triangle. And you set it in that funny Upside-down w shape so the flat side's up. Is it supposed to recall images of the allspark shard or something?

I'm with the poster before me on this: What is it supposed to be, exactly? o.o
I'm sure I'll get it for features and what-not, but, man is it looking weird atm. :lol:
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1308989)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 5th, 2011 @ 9:15pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:What...is it supposed to be, exactly?


I...guess something Allspark-y...I think... :???:

It looks pretty weird. I think it needs more detail on the box to look anything like the Allspark. And film sandwiched between some glass plates? Really lame extra, not very TF-like at all. I wouldn't spend the extra money to get this.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309012)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2011 @ 10:35pm CDT
They can make any fancy-shmancy box they want. What I want is bonus content. I have not yet bought any release of DOTM since the are all nothing but the movie. I want the movie with extras, not a bare bones release.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309020)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 5th, 2011 @ 11:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:They can make any fancy-shmancy box they want. What I want is bonus content. I have not yet bought any release of DOTM since the are all nothing but the movie. I want the movie with extras, not a bare bones release.



Yes, exactly, I was super pissed when I bought my 2007 movie and found that there was absolutely no extras in it. Most of the first DVD release movies I've gotten have had extras in them, this one didn't So now with this three movie release, I also hope they have added scenes, deleted bits, story boards, concept art, interviews, voice actor commentaries, on-set videos and all that.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309073)
Posted by stk on November 6th, 2011 @ 5:06am CST
That packaging looks like a real pain in the ass.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309105)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on November 6th, 2011 @ 8:07am CST
Regardless on how this thing looks, IMHO why buy a trilogy pack when another sequel is on the way...? I'm gonna pass! :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309121)
Posted by Kibble on November 6th, 2011 @ 10:03am CST
Don't really get the appeal of the film strip. Unneeded crap. And that packaging would be a pain in the ass.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309128)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 6th, 2011 @ 10:17am CST
They're still releasing another edition of DotM alone on DVD, right? One with at least commentary and a few other extras? I already have the first 2 films on DVD so unless this is absolute awesomesauce, I'm gonna pass. I might just end up buying the DotM release currently out.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309156)
Posted by D-340 on November 6th, 2011 @ 11:27am CST
Sabrblade wrote:They can make any fancy-shmancy box they want. What I want is bonus content. I have not yet bought any release of DOTM since the are all nothing but the movie. I want the movie with extras, not a bare bones release.



I'm quite happy with the barebones release of DOTM to be honest, the extras on the other two DVD's aren't worth it. Little to nothing to do with the Transfomers, all about stroking Bay's ego and how great he is :roll: , so no thanks I'll take a pass. Actually I'll pass on this too, I have all three on DVD(though I'm not proud to say I own ROTF). The packaging looks stupid; diamond plate stand, a case that folds into an upside down triangle thing? WTF?!?!?!?! :BANG_HEAD: What does that have to do with the movies? I mean if it looked like the Allspark or Matrix, but this looks like nothing. Oooooh, it comes with a film strip, whoopty freakin doo! I'm not sure if this could suck anymore than it already does. :SICK:
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309201)
Posted by IAmThePeej on November 6th, 2011 @ 1:20pm CST
D-340 wrote:...I'm not sure if this could suck anymore than it already does. :SICK:


It could if it had all 3 of Michael Bay's Transf.... Oh wait.. It does.
Its an interesting idea, but the design of the case, in the typical MB style of "show EXTREME close ups so no one notices how bad it truly is", so we really can't tell what the hell it is, seems more suited for a re-release of The Fifth Element since the case looks like one of the elemental runes near the end of the movie.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309323)
Posted by Decepticharger on November 6th, 2011 @ 7:24pm CST
No thanks. I'll save my money and buy a Transformers toy.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309330)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 6th, 2011 @ 7:56pm CST
I'm not giving the TF movies anymore of my money. I saw them in theatres and wish i could have my money back.
Accept fot the first one though. It was acceptable. The rest...........SHITE.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309386)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on November 6th, 2011 @ 11:32pm CST
Can't wait to get this set!
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1309396)
Posted by originaldave77 on November 7th, 2011 @ 12:06am CST
If it's going to have that many moving parts they should have considered a design I made earlier this year:

http://davesgeekyideas.com/2011/01/29/t ... y-package/

That final design looks unsightly and awkward to use, but not nearly as bad as the 'Autobot Logo Head' version they are issuing for Europe.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1310033)
Posted by triKlops on November 8th, 2011 @ 2:40pm CST
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1314312)
Posted by El Duque on November 18th, 2011 @ 10:18pm CST
We have some new details regarding the Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/Blu-ray we first brought you word of earlier this month. nelson, the site admin of Michael Bay's Official Shoot for the Edit forums, has the revealed the following:

  • There will only be 5,000 made.
  • They will be autographed by Bay.
  • Will be sold on Amazon.com and another US retailer.
  • They will contain the 3 TF Blu-ray movies + behind the scenes stuff.
  • It will be out in December


Here are the images we brought you earlier:

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1314320)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 18th, 2011 @ 10:34pm CST
Blu-ray? This is useless to me! I can't afford a blu-ray player! It's bound to be insanely expensive if there's only 5000 of them! And I don't want Bay's horrid scrawling on my cases! JUST GIMME THE GODDAMN MOVIES BAY! :BOOM:
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1314347)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 19th, 2011 @ 12:11am CST
RoboTopia wrote::CON: This is very interesting, But I would be even more interested in a TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION SPECIAL BLU-RAY RELEASE!!!!?!
...Pay ATTENTION, HASBRO, ETC...

DITTO!
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1314443)
Posted by Rhinox23 on November 19th, 2011 @ 10:24am CST
Umm, if they're only making 5,000 of these things, isn't it going to be ridiculously expensive?! Why can't they release just a nice but normal box set with bonus discs of additional content like every other trilogy?! I'm not looking forward to this one. It seems like they keep giving us everything that we DON'T want. Sheesh.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1314455)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on November 19th, 2011 @ 11:41am CST
RAGE!!!
a) it will be expensive
b)i don't have a blu-ray deviceable thingamaboby...
:-(
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1314503)
Posted by Burn on November 19th, 2011 @ 2:33pm CST
ArmadaPrime wrote:b)i don't have a blu-ray deviceable thingamaboby...
:-(


You will in the future though.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1314618)
Posted by Bounti76 on November 19th, 2011 @ 9:19pm CST
I have the regular movie, I just wish they'd include a "Deluxe" edition with deleted scenes. Like say, when Sentinel kills Skids and Mudflap after he murders Ironhide. From what Bay and Nelson have said, weren't those scenes filmed, finished and the 'bots rendered, but just cut from the final product? Makes you wonder what else was finished but cut...
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1314658)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on November 20th, 2011 @ 3:02am CST
Burn wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:b)i don't have a blu-ray deviceable thingamaboby...
:-(


You will in the future though.

Will I?actually, thinking about it, I will have to, the way things are going...:(
VHS FTW!
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1314785)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 20th, 2011 @ 2:20pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:
RoboTopia wrote::CON: This is very interesting, But I would be even more interested in a TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION SPECIAL BLU-RAY RELEASE!!!!?!
...Pay ATTENTION, HASBRO, ETC...

DITTO!


What the hell would be the point? It's a damn cartoon! The quality would look no different from the DVD version. Even so, hardly any of the general public would buy it. Hasbro is paying attention. You want Blueray? Take the DVD version, get a blue marker and draw the Blueray symbol on the top of the case and on the front of the disk. There you go.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1315239)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 21st, 2011 @ 5:12pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
RoboTopia wrote::CON: This is very interesting, But I would be even more interested in a TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION SPECIAL BLU-RAY RELEASE!!!!?!
...Pay ATTENTION, HASBRO, ETC...

DITTO!


What the hell would be the point? It's a damn cartoon! The quality would look no different from the DVD version. Even so, hardly any of the general public would buy it. Hasbro is paying attention. You want Blueray? Take the DVD version, get a blue marker and draw the Blueray symbol on the top of the case and on the front of the disk. There you go.
You do realize that cartoons can be visually remastered to look more vibrant, cleaner , and up-to-date, yes? That's what happened with both the Kid Rhino and Shout! Factory DVDs of the G1 cartoon. You think they just used nothing but the original broadcast masters? Of course not. They refined the video and audio of the G1 cartoon to make it be the best it could be. The same was done for the G1 movie in its various special edition DVDs, but that's probably as best as its gonna get. After all, the UK DVD release looked exactly the same as the Sony U.S. DVD release.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1315247)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 21st, 2011 @ 5:37pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
RoboTopia wrote::CON: This is very interesting, But I would be even more interested in a TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION SPECIAL BLU-RAY RELEASE!!!!?!
...Pay ATTENTION, HASBRO, ETC...

DITTO!


What the hell would be the point? It's a damn cartoon! The quality would look no different from the DVD version. Even so, hardly any of the general public would buy it. Hasbro is paying attention. You want Blueray? Take the DVD version, get a blue marker and draw the Blueray symbol on the top of the case and on the front of the disk. There you go.
You do realize that cartoons can be visually remastered to look more vibrant, cleaner , and up-to-date, yes? That's what happened with both the Kid Rhino and Shout! Factory DVDs of the G1 cartoon. You think they just used nothing but the original broadcast masters? Of course not. They refined the video and audio of the G1 cartoon to make it be the best it could be. The same was done for the G1 movie in its various special edition DVDs, but that's probably as best as its gonna get. After all, the UK DVD release looked exactly the same as the Sony U.S. DVD release.


That's kind of what I meant.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1315770)
Posted by El Duque on November 23rd, 2011 @ 12:16am CST
nelson, the site admin of Michael Bay's Official Shoot for the Edit forums, has posted a few additional details regarding the Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection Signature Edition DVD/Blu-ray set we first brought you word of earlier this month. The limited edition will apparently be coming out a little later than previously stated.

  • The Signature series box set will available January 31, 2012.
  • It will include the DOTM 3D Blu-ray as an added bonus.
  • Price has still TBD.


Here are the images we brought you earlier:

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1315777)
Posted by freakzero1981 on November 23rd, 2011 @ 12:45am CST
indeed,wtf is it?
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1315792)
Posted by User897 on November 23rd, 2011 @ 2:11am CST
freakzero1981 wrote:wtf is it?


Too expensive. Lame and not enough bonus features. Stupid film cell as a "bonus." It contains ROTF.

Enough reasons not to buy right there.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1315874)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 23rd, 2011 @ 8:56am CST
Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1317039)
Posted by Asuras on November 26th, 2011 @ 11:45pm CST
No news on the Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D Extended Edition yet? Safe to assume its not coming out Dec. 6th =/
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1317043)
Posted by LadyBug on November 27th, 2011 @ 12:23am CST
Asuras wrote:No news on the Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D Extended Edition yet? Safe to assume its not coming out Dec. 6th =/


The only thing that is coming out Dec. 6th is Transformers Prime: Darkness Rising on dvd.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1317047)
Posted by Asuras on November 27th, 2011 @ 2:05am CST
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1318293)
Posted by cotss2012 on November 30th, 2011 @ 8:56pm CST
Hmmm... it's a picture of a shiny metal thing next to another shiny metal thing against a shiny metal background.

Can we get some pictures that don't suck?

RiddlerJ wrote:Each one will come with an autographed picture of Michael Bay sitting on top of a huge pile of money.


This is sig-worthy.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1325849)
Posted by El Duque on December 21st, 2011 @ 10:50pm CST
We now have a price for the upcoming Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection Signature Edition DVD/ Blu-Ray Set. According to a recent update by nelson, the admin of Michael Bay's official Shoot for the Edit forums, the set will sell for $100.00.

Yes, the 3D Blu-ray will be sold as a single SKU.

TF Signature Series will be $100.


  • They will be autographed by Bay.
  • Will be sold on Amazon.com and another US retailer.
  • They will contain the 3 TF Blu-ray movies + behind the scenes stuff.
  • It will include the DOTM 3D Blu-ray as an added bonus.
  • Limited to 5000 set worldwide
  • Available January 31st, 2012

Here are the images we brought you earlier:

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1325901)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 22nd, 2011 @ 3:07am CST
wow only $100 thought it would be more, 100 bucks is pretty reasonable for what it is.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1325974)
Posted by alternator77 on December 22nd, 2011 @ 9:43am CST
im sorry but when i just picked up the harry potter 8 disc bluray set for 65$ this is a real ripoff.especially when ive seen the bluray's going for 10-15 a piece near me at several big retailers. >:oP
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1325988)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 22nd, 2011 @ 10:17am CST
alternator77 wrote:im sorry but when i just picked up the harry potter 8 disc bluray set for 65$ this is a real ripoff.especially when ive seen the bluray's going for 10-15 a piece near me at several big retailers. >:oP


But is that autographed by Michael Bay? I think not.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1325990)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 22nd, 2011 @ 10:21am CST
SlyTF1 wrote:
alternator77 wrote:im sorry but when i just picked up the harry potter 8 disc bluray set for 65$ this is a real ripoff.especially when ive seen the bluray's going for 10-15 a piece near me at several big retailers. >:oP


But is that autographed by Michael Bay? I think not.
Unless he autographed it in blood, that price is outrageous.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1325993)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 22nd, 2011 @ 10:27am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
alternator77 wrote:im sorry but when i just picked up the harry potter 8 disc bluray set for 65$ this is a real ripoff.especially when ive seen the bluray's going for 10-15 a piece near me at several big retailers. >:oP


But is that autographed by Michael Bay? I think not.
Unless he autographed it in blood, that price is outrageous.


It's still cheaper than I expected it to be. I expected it to be about $200.
Re: Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Collection DVD/ Blu-Ray Packaging (1326057)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 22nd, 2011 @ 12:55pm CST
$100? That's a bit high, even with Bay's autograph. Even with 5000 units, it will probably go really fast, and a lot of people will try to turn a quick profit on eBay or Amazon, which will also distribute the set.