Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots

Transformers News: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots

Friday, February 21st, 2014 4:12PM CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,264

Via the Transformers Universe Coms page we have some first look game play screen shots. Check em out below!

#Sideways# wrote:Seen HERE, we get to see the HUD and what the gameplay will actually look like! You can really see some of the elements of gameplay that one might expect from an MMO, such as a team roster, abilities, map, health, et cetera, yet there are some Shooter and what seems to be League of Legends influences in on this. It's very interesting, indeed.

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots!
With the release of our in engine trailer we know that anticipation for gameplay details is higher than ever. That’s why we’ve grabbed these early gameplay screenshots to give you an insight into what you can expect to see this summer.

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots!
These screenshots are from our early beta build of the game and may not reflect the final version of the game. They highlight your in game hud, the targeting system and showcase a few of the weapons and abilities you’ll be wielding in battle as you command your warriors. All of this is playable directly in your browser.

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots!
It’s difficult to convey the tactical action nature of Transformers Universe in just a few screens but we hope this gives you some idea of the fast paced battles that you’ll be charging into in just a few months’ time.
Credit(s): Transformers Universe
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1552703)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 21st, 2014 @ 4:45pm CST
I'm liking it so far. Can't wait to play!

Hopefully they'll get some jet characters in before launch; that's the one thing I'd love to see right at launch.
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1552719)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 21st, 2014 @ 5:34pm CST
Is it PvP only? If there's no PvE option, I'm not interested.
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1552731)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 21st, 2014 @ 6:18pm CST

I'd like to call this Swindle, but is that lipstick?
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1552732)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 21st, 2014 @ 6:21pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:

I'd like to call this Swindle, but is that lipstick?

Baby, you can call it anything you want. :BLUSH:
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1552751)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 21st, 2014 @ 8:23pm CST
Meh. Online mmo free to play, micro transaction crap. Spend 100 and still don't see the value of a regular $60 game. I don't think I've played a single free mmo that I've liked. Graphics and models look cool though.
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1552757)
Posted by MegaDump on February 21st, 2014 @ 8:53pm CST
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1552800)
Posted by #Sideways# on February 22nd, 2014 @ 12:09am CST
I... I was directly quoted... In a news article! :michaelbay:

I'm actually quite looking forward to this game, now. Before, I thought it was... Well. I thought it wasn't going to be good. Now, I am intrigued.
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1552805)
Posted by krenger99 on February 22nd, 2014 @ 1:38am CST
MegaDump wrote:Sorry, I'm still not clear on how this works exactly... Most modern games on the PC require massive installations of several gigabytes onto the HDD. How can something like this possibly work online via a pathetic internet browser with no backup installation files? Have I missed a massive revolution in gaming technology or is all this just a load of hype being built up for a glorified version of something like the mobile game legends? I'm having a hard time seeing how the above screenshots could depict a game running through something like Firefox...

Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1552842)
Posted by MegaDump on February 22nd, 2014 @ 5:52am CST
I'd say you're right, it'll require several gigs of code to be downloaded on your hard drive. But it doesn't run through your web browser. You connect to the game servers via your internet connection directly, via ethernet cable or wifi. At least that's how I did it playing World of Warcraft for the first four years. I'm pretty sure that's how most mmorpg's do it but I could be wrong and missed something previously stated. :-? [/quote]

Well that's exactly what I thought would be more likely... It's just that the promotional material for this thing constantly says you play through a browser.
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1552843)
Posted by Burn on February 22nd, 2014 @ 5:57am CST
MegaDump wrote:It's just that the promotional material for this thing constantly says you play through a browser.

Definitely seems to be the case.
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1552897)
Posted by noctorro on February 22nd, 2014 @ 1:34pm CST
Runs through a browser, haven't seen that before.

But looks good, and it's Transformers!

But people, how long have they been announcing this? 3 years?
When is it actually ready to play?
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1557520)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 14th, 2014 @ 9:17am CDT
Seen HERE, we get a full look at both Front-Line and Conduit, Transformers: Universe's newest additions to their roster. Front-Line, being the vigilante we heard about prior, and Conduit being a gangster (or gangsta, from his page) medic class! I have placed the links below for your enjoyment, courtesy of the Transformers: Universe page:

Front-Line:

Conduit:

Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1557670)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 14th, 2014 @ 8:55pm CDT
Seen HERE, we get a new interview, courtesy of PCGamer! They don't say much other than what they have said, but there are some things you might find interesting!
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1559624)
Posted by NiteStar on March 24th, 2014 @ 2:00am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Is it PvP only? If there's no PvE option, I'm not interested.

I hear ya. I was hoping for some PVE too to give us some real Transformers folklore.
But if its just gonna be a Bayformers PVP game….. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

And why is this only gonna be for PC's?
Their just gonna ignore the Playstation world?
We make up more than half of the gaming community.
I'll never get to play this then.
They're shooting for a very limited audience.
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1559761)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 24th, 2014 @ 12:57pm CDT
NiteStar wrote:
And why is this only gonna be for PC's?

Because Jagex is an online game publisher. :roll:
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1559944)
Posted by NiteStar on March 24th, 2014 @ 10:18pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
NiteStar wrote:
And why is this only gonna be for PC's?

Because Jagex is an online game publisher. :roll:

Well thats silly.
Hasbro has billions of dollars and they chose to go with a small-audience gaming publisher.
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1560001)
Posted by craggy on March 25th, 2014 @ 6:37am CDT
Because you don't have a web browser?
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1560023)
Posted by RevenantCrow on March 25th, 2014 @ 8:32am CDT
NiteStar wrote:

Yo! I'm from the Transformers Universe Community team, thought I'd drop in and respond to you. Transformers Universe does have PvE elements to it, whilst PvP will be a big part of the game there will be plenty of content to appeal to gamers who prefer taking on NPCs. Story wise, we're looking to give our players a clear understanding of why they are there and why they are fighting, but we're focusing on session based gameplay so you won't be completing a linear story arch to progress through the game.

We're also nothing to do with the films, we're inspired by Transformers Prime but with our own continuity and a little bit of a different look.

NiteStar wrote:And why is this only gonna be for PC's?
Their just gonna ignore the Playstation world?
We make up more than half of the gaming community.
I'll never get to play this then.
They're shooting for a very limited audience.

We're a company that specialises in browser based games, namely the popular game RuneScape. Browser games are what we do well and as browser games are easy to access (Pretty much any computer with a browser is the goal) it's logical that we make that platform our initial focus. We'd love to look at bringing our games to consoles in the future but we want to focus on the core PC online gaming community for launch.
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1560203)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 25th, 2014 @ 6:26pm CDT
NiteStar wrote:

Small-audience?!

Jagex produced RuneScape, one of the largest MMO games in the world with over 200 million accounts. You call that a small audience?

[quote]
Why not just stick with High Moon so they could be more open to a bigger audience.[/quote]

Because High Moon doesn't publish MMOs, while Jagex specializes in the game type.

[quote]
It sucks that people like me, a long time Transformers fan since the 80's, will never get to play a first ever Transformers MMO.[/quote]

All you really need is an internet browser. You clearly have one.
Re: Transformers: Universe Gameplay Screenshots (1560271)
Posted by NiteStar on March 26th, 2014 @ 12:43am CDT
craggy wrote:Because you don't have a web browser?

PrymeStriker wrote:
Small-audience?!
All you really need is an internet browser. You clearly have one.

A PC browser??? No I don't have that.
I tried to sign up for the beta testing and was denied because I use a Mac like the rest of half the world.
Its only PC users.
Ive played other MMO's that cater to both PC users and Playstation users and Im always reading in other forums that the PC community is barren compared to the Playstation community.
So yes….. a limited audience.

PrymeStriker wrote:

Well this isn't Runescape, this is Transformers.
And even though the film franchise has been a global success, people who sit down and actually play Transformer games is a completely different story.
People who play TF video games are a very particular crowd. As it is right now no one hardly plays WFC, FOC or any of the film games anymore except the same damn 20 people. Trust me I know. I see the same names all the time when I log on to play any of those games.
Because once the game is completed there is nothing else left to do.
But now they finally made an MMO where you have the chance to progress through endless levels (I assume) so you would think they would make a game like this open to all so as to get the most out of the TF fan base.

Ending Soon On eBay

EZ INFILTRATOR SOUNDWAVE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF Takara Tomy New - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 10 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers G1 Micromaster Base GROUNDSHAKER w Box - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 10 minutes 10 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Classic Henkei Classic Ghost Starscream Exclusive - Time Remaining: 20 days 8 hours 25 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Botcon 2009 Elita-1 Sealed Rare NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 18 days 22 hours 58 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Final Stand Bumblebee & Longarm 2007 MB - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 28 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Botcon 2011 Exclusive Animated Autotrooper NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 49 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club BotCon 2011 (Timelines) Shattered Glass Galvatron - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 37 minutes 14 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-29 Laserwave Shockwave Sandrock W Gundam - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 44 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory