Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch

Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 1:39PM CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 14,863

We have an update on the much delayed Transformers Universe MOTA from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard. The game should finally launch this summer, and we can expect regular updates up until that point. Those updates will include a new in-game trailer, new screen shots, and details regarding game features, modes, and characters. His full statement can be found below:

Hi Everybody,

First off some introductions. My name is Mark Gerhard and I’m the CEO & CTO of Jagex. We’re probably better known as the developers of the world’s largest free browser game RuneScape but now, following the past 3 years of development, Transformers Universe!

Many of you joined us on our journey for the first time when we shared a sneak peek into our aspiration for the game back in 12/12/12. Since then we’ve refined our vision, gameplay, tech and team to bring you what we believe will be the start of an entertaining, social and competitive game for all of you to enjoy over the next decade and beyond!

2013 was a critical year in the evolution of Transformers Universe. It was essential that we just knuckled down and got on with the core gameplay, and that unfortunately meant there was not much news to share for anyone outside of Jagex.

However from today onwards you can expect regular updates, and soon all start participating first-hand as the game moves from core development, through each stage of community participation, balancing, polish and iteration.

So here’s the big news. We are 100% set to launch Transformers Universe this Summer, and will be progressively inviting an ever-widening portion of the BETA community to enjoy the game before opening it to the rest of the world this summer!

With that in mind, let’s talk a bit more about the game itself.

We’ve built a massively online, tactical action game, or MOTA as I like to call it! Transformers Universe offers fast-paced, battle centric, tactical action with a selection of game modes for core gamers, casual gamers and Transformers enthusiasts alike.

As the Commander of a new squad, you will recruit, maintain and battle others with a unique collection of Transformers warriors created in collaboration with our friends at Hasbro.

Autobots versus Decepticons, you’ll team up to play with and against other Commanders around the world in tactical and strategic online battles, competing for supremacy in the global faction war. Legendary Transformers characters will make special appearances – but more on that another time!

Your squad of Bots are a faction-specific collection with their own play styles, weaponry, augment options and specialties. There are countless fighting strategies when battling them and we really believe they will crystallise, embody and capture both what Transformers is all about and your imaginations.

So what’s next? Well, very soon we’re going to be releasing our first in-engine trailer, which will give you a first look at some of the playable Bots in the game.

We’ll be posting up exclusive in-game screenshots soon, so you can see the game coming together. You will be the first people to see them, and naturally deserve nothing less.

What else should you expect from Transformers Universe in 2014? After the trailer we’ll also be launching numerous other initiatives; kicking-off our BETA program first, revealing and detailing the games major features and modes, spotlighting the new characters that you’ll be able to own in-game and a whole lot more.

The best place to get all relevant information will be right here on this website. You’re a central part of what will make the Transformers Universe community special, so please do sign up to our channels on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and the official forums.

2014 is the launch year for Transformers Universe and the start of an epic journey as you #testyourmetal. Soon you’ll be able to experience this for yourself as we roll out to BETA.

I look forward to seeing you on the frontlines.

Have fun and speak soon,

Thanks,

Mark
Credit(s): Jagex

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548158)
Posted by Jazz813 on February 5th, 2014 @ 1:56pm CST
Heh...personally I don't care anymore. I wait 3 years already for that game. And I subscriped also on the Beta, but never got a mail to be part of the Beta... If I may say so, Jagex you suck. :-x
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548160)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 5th, 2014 @ 2:14pm CST
"What else should you expect from Transformers Universe in 2014?"

Character creation/customization.
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548164)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on February 5th, 2014 @ 2:31pm CST
Is it safe to say that this will be the last large piece of aligned fiction?
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548205)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 5th, 2014 @ 5:43pm CST
It's about time. :roll:

welcometothedarksyde wrote:Is it safe to say that this will be the last large piece of aligned fiction?

Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548209)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 5th, 2014 @ 5:59pm CST
Oh yeah, this exists.

To be fair, I assume it takes a long time to develop video games. I just wish they hadn't hyped it up so high when they announced it. I was super excited then, but now I'm only marginally curious. I hope that with more frequent updates, my excitement can be rekindled. We'll just have to wait and see.
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548210)
Posted by Archanubis on February 5th, 2014 @ 6:18pm CST
This will be interesting.
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548261)
Posted by #Sideways# on February 5th, 2014 @ 10:53pm CST

Either way, I hope that the customization of the units doesn't go full-WFC and pretty much block us out of the modelling phase completely.

... I also posted this in the N&R forum, and I don't have my news credit for it. :cry:
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548263)
Posted by Spleenzorio on February 5th, 2014 @ 11:06pm CST
I remember when this was still known as an MMO

Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548264)
Posted by Spleenzorio on February 5th, 2014 @ 11:06pm CST
Oops double post, here's a picture of baby Grimlock as an apology

Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548265)
Posted by El Duque on February 5th, 2014 @ 11:06pm CST
#Sideways# wrote:It's not what we expected (and wanted it) to be, but I'm still interested with the final result!

Done!
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548266)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 5th, 2014 @ 11:25pm CST
Spleenzorio wrote:I remember when this was still known as an MMO

It's kind of sad, really. This is the kind of game I would've liked.

Not that I'm not going to still try it out and play it, but I would've personally enjoyed creating a Transformer that way.
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548300)
Posted by #Sideways# on February 6th, 2014 @ 8:48am CST

Thanks! :D

But anyway, with all of these changes, am I the only one who thinks this will turn into something akin to League of Legends?
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548334)
Posted by #Sideways# on February 6th, 2014 @ 10:37am CST
Thanks to IGN, we have ourselves a brand new look at a new trailer from Transformers Universe! It doesn't show much, but it's a trailer! What would you expect other than just showing off the redesigns?

You can check it out HERE!
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548338)
Posted by Dr Va'al on February 6th, 2014 @ 10:44am CST
Thanks again to Seibertron.com user #Sideways#, we have another update about the Jagex Transformers Universe online game, to be released this summer. Courtesy of entertainment news site IGN, we get a further look at the game, including a trailer - check it out below, along with some further information!

[quote]In Transformers Universe, you'll be the Commander of a new squad. In this role, you'll recruit, maintain and battle others using unique Transformers created by Jagex and Hasbro. The Bots under your command will be faction-aligned and offer unique play styles, weapons, augments and specialities.

The Autobots vs Decepticons feud is alive and kicking, and you'll be teaming up with and fighting against other Commanders along faction lines. Legendary heroes and villains will be making special appearances from time to time, although more is planned to be revealed on that front at a later date.

We'll have much more on Transformers Universe in the coming months. Anyone interested in participating in the beta should register their interest now.[/quote]
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548345)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 6th, 2014 @ 10:58am CST
I spotted Ironhide, Prowl, Chromia and/or Arcee, Bumblebee, and Jazz in that trailer.

P.S: I wanna play as the silver car with flames. :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548348)
Posted by Mkall on February 6th, 2014 @ 11:03am CST
I guess that's where the Ironhide/Kup toy came from. Pretty cool.

I think I'll wait to see reviews of the game before jumping in.
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548354)
Posted by megatronus on February 6th, 2014 @ 11:23am CST
Don't know what I enjoyed more. The visuals, or the Dead Weather soundtrack :grin:
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548373)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 6th, 2014 @ 12:18pm CST
Oh wow, totally forgot this existed.
This was originally announced alongside WFC if I remember correctly. And wasn't it supposed to come out like within a year? WTF took them so long.
It also seems kinda pointless now, since this was specifically designed to work alongside Prime, set in the Aligned Universe and using the same style as Prime. Just Prime is now over, and Hasbro is moving towards simpler designs and, well a more kiddy tone again.
On top of that, it's just a trailer for the Beta?
Somehow I doubt this will ever actually be released.
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548375)
Posted by kaijuguy19 on February 6th, 2014 @ 12:23pm CST
I think the designs in the game look like they're a link between WFC/FOC and TFP's designs. I wonder if Hasbro wanted to bridge them to show that perhaps at one point in the Aligned Universe the TFs did start out looking more G1 but then evolved into the TFP style we see today. That's interesting if that was the intent.

However I'm not digging Megatron's face. It just looks rather plain somehow. He needs some features in it to make him more imtemedating and scary like more monsterous eyes,scars anything. Like how BW Megs has a classy but evil look,Armada Megs with a powerful militeristic look,Animated Megs with his cunning and caculating face along with Movie Megs with a monserous look and Prime Megs's evil warlord look.
Re: Transformers Universe Update from Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard - Summer Launch (1548380)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 6th, 2014 @ 12:41pm CST
"We'll have much more on Transformers Universe in the coming months."

Like character creation/customization?

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS CLIFFJUMPER DELUXE CLASS - BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 16 days 5 hours 22 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Wave 2 Chromedome Wolfwire Highbrow Mindwipe - Time Remaining: 25 days 12 hours 23 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Hasbro Mudflap NIB MIB - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 55 minutes 36 seconds
TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE DELUXE CLASS SE-01 OPTIMUS PRIME SPECIAL FIGURE ES AQ5118 - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 10 minutes 39 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SKULLGRIN DELUXE CLASS - BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 17 days 11 hours 41 minutes 49 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 HASBRO ULTRA MAGNUS PRIME HASBRO ACTION FIGURE ES AQ5167 - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 12 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Universe Optimus Prime Vs Megatron - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 14 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Original G1 AFA 85 Minibot Cosmos w/ Patch 80/85/85 - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 1 minute 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory