Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2

Transformers News: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 3:52PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,147

After a dominant victory over Tamagotchi in the first round of Mensa's Bracket Challenge the Transformers now face a much more formidable round two opponent in My Litte Pony. A epic battle years in the making! Click here to vote.

Re: Transformers Featured In Mensa's Bracket Challenge

Transformers
1980-Present - Seed 4

The boys' version of the Cabbage Patch Kids, Transformers set the toy world on its ear in 1984. Anyone and everyone just had to have these "robots in disguise." They could transform into everyday objects, usually vehicles or weapons, and a cartoon series and, eventually, films followed, turning a whole new generation on to these toys.

vs

Re: Transformers Featured In Mensa's Bracket Challenge

My Little Pony
1980-Present - Seed 12

These tiny colorful horses each came with its own unique symbols on its flanks. No one says those symbols were branding, but, c'mon! Poor ponies! Girls didn't seem to mind, though, and for a decade My Little Pony enjoyed great popularity, as did the horses' many accessories (each sold separately).
Credit(s): Mensa

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433527)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 24th, 2012 @ 4:00pm CDT
Them's clearly not the Friendship is Magic versions so I vote for the TFs.
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433529)
Posted by mooncake623 on October 24th, 2012 @ 4:11pm CDT
voted.. haha
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433532)
Posted by cor2879 on October 24th, 2012 @ 4:22pm CDT
You would think that Mensa could put together a better voting page. This one is clunky.
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433533)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 24th, 2012 @ 4:23pm CDT
I'm a hardcore brony. I love the show and the fandom. I'm reading pony fics, I'm reading fan comics, I save hundreds of pictures. I even have a few pony toys of the curent gen that represent my favorite characters.

HOWEVER, this is the TOYS we are talking about here. As a hardcore brony, it pain me to say that the pony toys usually suck mighty balls. Especially the older gens. I have nearly 1000 Transformers in my collection for a reason. These toys are AWESOME no matter the generation. I dont read TF fictions, official or not. I dont save fannart. I just watch the animated shows and the movies. Still, I discuss Transformers and all my spare cash go to collecting Transformers.

So, my vote will go to Transformers.

Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433539)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 24th, 2012 @ 4:49pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I dont read TF fictions, official or not.
What do you mean by this? Do you mean you don't read the comics or the books or anything that isn't a motion picture? If so, you are missing out on so many world's worth great stuff (and not so great stuff, but that's to be expected from any medium). ;)
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433546)
Posted by Arctorro on October 24th, 2012 @ 4:57pm CDT
Voted :D
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433549)
Posted by doomboy536 on October 24th, 2012 @ 5:00pm CDT
I love ponies, and I'm enjoying Friendship is Magic far more than TF Prime, but damn the toys don't even compare to the Transformers! The only way that Transformers will lose this is if hordes of bronies swarm the site and vote.

Sorry for being stupid, I said "if". :lol:
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433550)
Posted by XDMan on October 24th, 2012 @ 5:05pm CDT
TRANSFORMERS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BOT: :CON: :KREMZEEK: :G2BOT: :G2CON: :MAXIMAL: :PREDACON: :WRECKERS: :QUINT: :GIJOE: :COBRA: :BLEND: :VEHI: :DINO: :RENEGADE: :MINI: :CYBERTRON: :MUTIE: :MAX2:
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433556)
Posted by Optimus-Pie1 on October 24th, 2012 @ 5:44pm CDT
I used to be a Brony, and then I had what alcoholics refer to as a "moment of clarity" . I came back to Tranformeser cause the transformers fans are not as obsessive and all encompassing as Bronies. There are some Bronies that is all their life is Ponies. There is no room for anything else, and they have a misguided sense that that is all there is to life.
I'm not that hardcore and never will be. Transformers fans I can at least talk about other things with besides Transformers. Whenever the Hub posts ANYTHING on their status, hordes of Bronies will flood the thread with ponies this and ponies that.
Heck during the Aurora shooting, Bronies could not stop being a fan for one second to act like humans and observe a little respect for the victims. No they still had to post ponies this and ponies that about people who died in the theater shooting!
In the end I realized I lacked the qualifications to be a Brony, I have a life. xD
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433557)
Posted by Deadput on October 24th, 2012 @ 5:47pm CDT
i vote for my little pony cause me a brony
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433559)
Posted by Optimus-Pie1 on October 24th, 2012 @ 5:51pm CDT
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433561)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 24th, 2012 @ 5:56pm CDT
I DEPSISE THOSE PONIES!!!!! Hopefully they live on Unicron.

TRANFORMERS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BOT: :CON: :G2BOT: :G2CON: :MAXIMAL: :PREDACON: :WRECKERS: :QUINT: :BLEND: :MAX2: :VEHI: :DINO: :MINI: :CYBERTRON: :WRECK: :TRANSBOT: :TRANSCON:
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433562)
Posted by Arctorro on October 24th, 2012 @ 5:59pm CDT
Optimus-Pie1 wrote:I vote for Transformers because I'm a Transformers fan, and I'm capable of writing a proper sentence! xD

ROLF! :lol:
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433563)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 24th, 2012 @ 6:00pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:i vote for my little pony cause me a brony

GTFO! PRIMUS COMMANDS IT!
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433564)
Posted by Optimus-Pie1 on October 24th, 2012 @ 6:01pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:i vote for my little pony cause me a brony

GTFO! PRIMUS COMMANDS IT!

I agree with him! GET THE HELL OFF OUR LAND!!!!!
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433565)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 24th, 2012 @ 6:05pm CDT
People can vote for who/what they want.

However, I will say that it seems odd to mention voting for Ponies on a message board devoted to Transformers.

...jus' sayin'.
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433566)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 24th, 2012 @ 6:10pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:People can vote for who/what they want.

...jus' sayin'.

Indeed. I prefer to have transformers fansites pony free, but now this topic is gonna be used as an excuse to discuss those dreadful abominations.

By the Matrix , i hope my sanity stays intact.
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433567)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 24th, 2012 @ 6:13pm CDT
Just knew there'd be such discrimination going on here sooner or later. :roll:

Arctorro wrote:ROLF! :lol:
"Roll on laughing floor"? :P
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433568)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 24th, 2012 @ 6:17pm CDT
I regarded this place as a safe haven away from ponies. I hoped I would never see or hear of them here. Now? It's getting infected as well.

MLP: the cancer of the internet
Re: Transformers vs. My Little Pony in Mensa's Bracket Challenge Round 2 (1433569)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on October 24th, 2012 @ 6:21pm CDT