Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers

Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers

Thursday, October 14th, 2010 7:18PM CDT

Categories: Game News, Media
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 97,708

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Via the Transformers War For Cybertron video game FACEBOOK page, we get great news for people who have been postponing their online gaming experience for just the right moment.

Of course that moment is a 10x XP weekend Friday through Sunday!

Transformers Game wrote:Another big XP boost coming from Friday through Sunday. All XP awards will be 10x their normal value!! Log in this weekend to take advantage of this amazing bump in advancement while it's available.


Need more XP? This weekend would appear to be the time for us procrastinators!

We also received the following message and images from Activision ...

Activision wrote:In celebration of this Transformers: War for Cybertron 10x XP multiplayer weekend, we are releasing as desktop wallpapers an original piece of artwork created by the guys at High Moon Studios. It depicts the epic battle between the Autobots and Decepticons in the War for Cybertron era. We also have Autobot and Decepticon faction poster images.


Click on the thumbnails below to view the full size images, which you can save as a desktop image for your computer.

Image
WFC Wallpaper 1600x1050

Image
WFC Wallpaper 1024x768 "Battle Royale"

Image
WFC Wallpaper 1152x864 "Battle Royale"

Image
WFC Wallpaper 1280x1024 "Battle Royale"

Image
WFC Wallpaper 1280x960 "Battle Royale"

Image
WFC Wallpaper 1600x1200 "Battle Royale"

Image
WFC Wallpaper 1920x1200 "Battle Royale"

Image
WFC Autobots

Image
WFC Decepticons

Image
Credit(s): Varia31, ALEXD3498, Activision
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135852)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 14th, 2010 @ 7:21pm CDT
Thank god, maybe now i can finally level my characters. When ever i try and join a game i either get kicked out cause i dont have the map or i get in and the lag is so bad i cant do anything. Now those few good rooms i get in will actual be worth something.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135868)
Posted by JetOptimus23 on October 14th, 2010 @ 7:50pm CDT
UNNECESSARY POINTS ARE UNNECESSARY! Seriously, 10? Next thing you know it will be over 9000! Jeez, high moon must be PRETTY desperate to do 10x. Though to be fair, it does bring in the players most of the time.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135887)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 14th, 2010 @ 8:31pm CDT
For a guy like me, this is a great thing. I usually stick to Escalation Mode because when it come to first person games, I eat the preverbial dick. I think I'll actually start playing MP again if'n I can level up a little faster and have some... what's that thing called again... oh ya, fun playing with the multiplayer type crowd again.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135889)
Posted by Heavy B on October 14th, 2010 @ 8:35pm CDT
yeash. went platnium already. although, none of my guys are maxed out in prime mode yet
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135894)
Posted by Folken on October 14th, 2010 @ 8:51pm CDT
I stopped playing just after I hit Prime mode a couple of weeks ago (just before the last XP bonus weekend). I wouldn't mind finishing off re-leveling my characters with this bonus weekend - each is about lvl 12-15 - but, seriously, Prime mode has pretty much lost any significance at this point.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135901)
Posted by Blurrz on October 14th, 2010 @ 9:11pm CDT
What a joke..
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135931)
Posted by Shadowman on October 14th, 2010 @ 10:44pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:I usually stick to Escalation Mode because when it come to first person games, I eat the preverbial dick.


Well then you must be okay at this because it's third person. :P

Down_Shift wrote:I can level up a little faster and have some... what's that thing called again... oh ya, fun playing with the multiplayer type crowd again.


I usually have fun when a game doesn't drop me repeatedly due either to bad connection, or because the host has to go do something else.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135937)
Posted by Galvatrondestroyer on October 14th, 2010 @ 10:55pm CDT
ridiculous but at least ill get the last few achievements left on this game..watch this wont be the end of the ridiculous amounts of xp weekends
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135949)
Posted by Screamfleet on October 15th, 2010 @ 12:34am CDT
I hope I can net some of the experience.
The disconnect issues wouldn't matter to me at all, if I got the exp as I made a kill, not collect it all at the end of a match. Disconnecting really sucks, cause you lose all that experience.

The game wasn't made too well. The separation of PVP and escalation was weird. Why cant I play as my leveled up custom character in escalation? Why cant I play as Jazz in PVP?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135952)
Posted by Shadowman on October 15th, 2010 @ 12:52am CDT
Screamfleet wrote:I hope I can net some of the experience.
The disconnect issues wouldn't matter to me at all, if I got the exp as I made a kill, not collect it all at the end of a match. Disconnecting really sucks, cause you lose all that experience.


It actually DOES do that. Experience is applied as you get it, and when you leave a match for any reason (Disconnect, match ends, etc) it'll save to your hard drive. That post match experience bar is just for show, to show how much experience you gained during the match.

Basically, you get experience when you leave a match, whether you leave because the match ended or because you were disconnected is irrelevant.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135957)
Posted by NiteStar on October 15th, 2010 @ 1:18am CDT
Shadowman wrote:Dear High Moon,

We don't want events that dramatically increase our experience. The dwindling player base in War for Cybertron is NOT because the players don't feel they're leveling up fast enough. If anything, getting all-maxed out classes while in prime mode removes a reason to play.

The dwindling player base is because of so many technical errors. Host migration, there's your problem. Design the game so that if the host leaves, the match still goes on. People don't like it when they're forced to end a game early because someone had to walk the dog. And all the bonus experience in the world doesn't make up for that.

In short, bonus experience and map-packs are not the answers you're looking for. Some, myself included, view it as a shallow attempt to re-attract your lost players while dodging the real problem: Host migration. Fix it, and maybe you'll see those players come back.

Sincerely,
Shadowman.


So True. But along with the Host migration they need to change the WHOLE ENTIRE menu of the Multiplayer to allow us to see who is online playing which games and let us choose what matches to enter.
I cant tell you how I am so tired of seeing that there are 50 people playing Conquest and when I choose to "find match" it puts me in an empty room where I have to wait for other players. THERE ARE 50 PLAYING! CANT YOU PLACE ME IN A GAME ALREADY TAKING PLACE OR THATS ABOUT TO START?! ARE ALL 50 PEOPLE IN THE SAME GAME??!! MAKES NO SENSE!
And how many of you are getting tired of being bumped offline cuz you dont have the map to play?
That wouldnt happen if we could see what games are taking place in which maps. Oh yeah and all the LAGGING too!
There is just too much waiting on standby when there are obviously people already playing.
LET US CHOOSE WHAT MATCHES WE WANT TO PLAY!!!!!
*freedom to choose is the right of all sentient beings*
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135966)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 15th, 2010 @ 2:31am CDT
WFC is an imperfect game in an imperfect world.

I didnt know that XP was awarded as it happens, I too thought it was only at the end of each match. The number of terminated games did play a part in putting me off playing but now that I know that a terminated game is not a wasted game then I will get back into it. Maybe I can clean up a couple of trophies while im at it..
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135998)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 15th, 2010 @ 5:13am CDT
Dammit, High Moon's torturing me again! I thought they were over this. :-x Now I'm gonna miss out on this because I don't have enough cash to get a wireless adapter for my Xbox 360. :sad:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136056)
Posted by whacko on October 15th, 2010 @ 10:58am CDT
Shadowman wrote:Dear High Moon,

We don't want events that dramatically increase our experience. The dwindling player base in War for Cybertron is NOT because the players don't feel they're leveling up fast enough. If anything, getting all-maxed out classes while in prime mode removes a reason to play.

The dwindling player base is because of so many technical errors. Host migration, there's your problem. Design the game so that if the host leaves, the match still goes on. People don't like it when they're forced to end a game early because someone had to walk the dog. And all the bonus experience in the world doesn't make up for that.

In short, bonus experience and map-packs are not the answers you're looking for. Some, myself included, view it as a shallow attempt to re-attract your lost players while dodging the real problem: Host migration. Fix it, and maybe you'll see those players come back.

Sincerely,
Shadowman.


Agree 100%
I said all of this a week after the game came out. The multiplayer matchmaking is like it was lifted out of a game from 1996. It is primitive and laggy. New character models offer no compelling reason to return to the game, and map packs are useless when most people never bothered to buy them.

All of these 2x,5x,10x XP weekends are just a kick in the balls to all the guys who spent weeks and months maxing out all of their characters before finally getting sick of the technical problems of the game and moving on.

This game had so much promise.. it is the best TF game ever released. Too bad it was among the best GAMEs ever released. It easily could have been.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136064)
Posted by KEVINDOMUS PRIME on October 15th, 2010 @ 11:29am CDT
Does anyone know when dlc pack #3 will be coming :D cause its driving me nuts for some reason :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136121)
Posted by retrothomas on October 15th, 2010 @ 1:55pm CDT
I love the game, I really do, and that's made my disappointment with it that much more upsetting.

Aside from host migration (which is a huge DUH) there's the fact that I go and join in multiplayer but get kicked out after waiting a minute for everything to join a match and load because I haven't paid to download the extra map packs.

Mind you, I paid the full $60 at launch because I was so excited. I NEVER do that! I went from being a huge proponent of this game, which was one of the games I had looked forward to the most in my entire gaming career, to being massively disappointed and shelving it.

It's sad because I'd love to play it more but the issues with online play led me to shelve it and every time I try getting into multiplayer again it just deepens my disappointment.

On the bright side, this game is what got me into Transformers as an adult and I'm very grateful for that :)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136122)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 15th, 2010 @ 2:05pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:Dear High Moon,

We don't want events that dramatically increase our experience. The dwindling player base in War for Cybertron is NOT because the players don't feel they're leveling up fast enough. If anything, getting all-maxed out classes while in prime mode removes a reason to play.

The dwindling player base is because of so many technical errors. Host migration, there's your problem. Design the game so that if the host leaves, the match still goes on. People don't like it when they're forced to end a game early because someone had to walk the dog. And all the bonus experience in the world doesn't make up for that.

In short, bonus experience and map-packs are not the answers you're looking for. Some, myself included, view it as a shallow attempt to re-attract your lost players while dodging the real problem: Host migration. Fix it, and maybe you'll see those players come back.

Sincerely,
Shadowman.



I beg to differ, when it takes 10 or more tries to get into a game because you dont have the maps or the lag is so bad you get disconnected you need all the extra EXP you can get. I will agree extra exp isnt the answer but for those of us trying to level & cant this helps alot. The real problem with this game is not being able to see all games that are currently being played on what map & what the host connection is. Relying only on matchmaking is the worst idea ever. Matchmaking should only be an option not the only way to get into a game. And it would be nice if you could start a game with 2 people instead of having to wait for 4. Yeah they do it that way to try and prevent boosting but your always going to have boosters so just stop trying. Rainbow Six Vegas had the best online set up back in the day, every game should use that system.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136269)
Posted by Windsweeper on October 15th, 2010 @ 8:39pm CDT
My only gripe with the game is that you can't replay the levels with the downloadable characters like Dead End and Onslaught.

Love those painted battle scenes. Takes me back to the box art of G1. Truely a lost art.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136336)
Posted by ShockUzer on October 15th, 2010 @ 11:25pm CDT
I like this poster:
Image
Look at Starscream, he´s pointing to Megatron :lol: .
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136344)
Posted by Screamfleet on October 15th, 2010 @ 11:57pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:
Screamfleet wrote:I hope I can net some of the experience.
The disconnect issues wouldn't matter to me at all, if I got the exp as I made a kill, not collect it all at the end of a match. Disconnecting really sucks, cause you lose all that experience.


It actually DOES do that. Experience is applied as you get it, and when you leave a match for any reason (Disconnect, match ends, etc) it'll save to your hard drive. That post match experience bar is just for show, to show how much experience you gained during the match.

Basically, you get experience when you leave a match, whether you leave because the match ended or because you were disconnected is irrelevant.


Doesn't work for me then, cause I remember leveling up, disconnecting, logging back in and I didn't gain that level.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136347)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on October 16th, 2010 @ 12:06am CDT
wanna know the funny thing

i find ROTF alot more of a funner game.

WFC is too much like call of duty for it to be really anything different .

i didnt even bother buying WFC, i just tried it at my cousins and i was dissapointed


anyone else seeing people start playing ROTF again?

i am all my friends on the PSN are going back to it and they said that it seems funner and less laggy
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136356)
Posted by Galvatrondestroyer on October 16th, 2010 @ 1:56am CDT
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:wanna know the funny thing

i find ROTF alot more of a funner game.

WFC is too much like call of duty for it to be really anything different .

i didnt even bother buying WFC, i just tried it at my cousins and i was dissapointed


anyone else seeing people start playing ROTF again?

i am all my friends on the PSN are going back to it and they said that it seems funner and less laggy


i agree with ROTF being better mp wise an WFC does feel a bit like call of duty.

I dont foresee myself having either for much longer just not many ppl playin either on 360 an with ROTF they always pick the cheap super powerful characters to just dominate you
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136453)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on October 16th, 2010 @ 10:43am CDT
Galvatrondestroyer wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:wanna know the funny thing

i find ROTF alot more of a funner game.

WFC is too much like call of duty for it to be really anything different .

i didnt even bother buying WFC, i just tried it at my cousins and i was dissapointed


anyone else seeing people start playing ROTF again?

i am all my friends on the PSN are going back to it and they said that it seems funner and less laggy


i agree with ROTF being better mp wise an WFC does feel a bit like call of duty.

I dont foresee myself having either for much longer just not many ppl playin either on 360 an with ROTF they always pick the cheap super powerful characters to just dominate you



well on the psn people pick more sideswipes and jazz's

but what super powerful characters?
megatron, and grindor

i understand megatron being powerful but not grindor

but thats also my point it kinda forces you to try hard against those powerful characters while using bumblebee or another small character( making it realistic to the fact that bumblebee may never really defeat megatron by himself )

on WFC its just the same thing with every character im sure
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136552)
Posted by Lastjustice on October 16th, 2010 @ 3:55pm CDT
I'm with shadowman on the host leaving killing the game. I'll be on a team and we'll go all 1986 on a team of autobots hehe. They'll bail then and it's like come on. I find myself bouncing between gamerooms every couple matches because hosts keep leaving. I never bail due to losing. I always stay to the end in deathmatches.

I have gotten smashed my share too. I do like getting a jumpstart on the exp but I don't mind earning rest of my levels the normal way once this is over. I just started playing multiplayer a week or two ago as I played the campaign and escalation mode mostly before. I have every class lvl 10 or higher now. We'll see how far I get by time this is over.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136586)
Posted by Galvatrondestroyer on October 16th, 2010 @ 4:58pm CDT
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
Galvatrondestroyer wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:wanna know the funny thing

i find ROTF alot more of a funner game.

WFC is too much like call of duty for it to be really anything different .

i didnt even bother buying WFC, i just tried it at my cousins and i was dissapointed


anyone else seeing people start playing ROTF again?

i am all my friends on the PSN are going back to it and they said that it seems funner and less laggy


i agree with ROTF being better mp wise an WFC does feel a bit like call of duty.

I dont foresee myself having either for much longer just not many ppl playin either on 360 an with ROTF they always pick the cheap super powerful characters to just dominate you



well on the psn people pick more sideswipes and jazz's

but what super powerful characters?
megatron, and grindor

i understand megatron being powerful but not grindor

but thats also my point it kinda forces you to try hard against those powerful characters while using bumblebee or another small character( making it realistic to the fact that bumblebee may never really defeat megatron by himself )

on WFC its just the same thing with every character im sure


dont forget power up prime in the super powerful cheap characters lol
its kinda that way in WFC but with diffrent health meters an ppl just spamming tank rounds it kinda sucks plus the drops from games if you dont have the maps and such i just finished the last two achievements on it so i think im done wit wfc too much lag and dropped games. and with my love of TF it kills me that its not been fixed an prob wont ever be, theyll just keep throwin more maps an character models an crazy xp weekends
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136628)
Posted by Mighty_Galvatron on October 16th, 2010 @ 6:46pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:Dear High Moon,

We don't want events that dramatically increase our experience. The dwindling player base in War for Cybertron is NOT because the players don't feel they're leveling up fast enough. If anything, getting all-maxed out classes while in prime mode removes a reason to play.

The dwindling player base is because of so many technical errors. Host migration, there's your problem. Design the game so that if the host leaves, the match still goes on. People don't like it when they're forced to end a game early because someone had to walk the dog. And all the bonus experience in the world doesn't make up for that.

In short, bonus experience and map-packs are not the answers you're looking for. Some, myself included, view it as a shallow attempt to re-attract your lost players while dodging the real problem: Host migration. Fix it, and maybe you'll see those players come back.

Sincerely,
Shadowman.


Well said.

Megatronsdemise666 wrote:wanna know the funny thing i find ROTF alot more of a funner game.


What a strange thing to say. :)



For me, this 10x Weekend is a good thing.

I bought the game on it's release day and played online a lot. Then for a few reasons, I lost all of my XP. So this weekend gives me a chance to quickly catch up to where I used to be.

PS: Down_Shift, how is it we've never played this together?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136636)
Posted by LiKwid on October 16th, 2010 @ 7:23pm CDT
This game is borderline unplayable for me.. The servers are so inconsistent and the lag is atrocious. Now before anyone says "ugggh just get better internet" ..I ghot the best money can buy right now and play several games online.. I tried getting into this game online so many times but it just refused to function.

Ity's a shame too because I loved the campaign.It's a shame they only cattered to the Mp aspect of the game...Damn shame...~goes to trade this pile of crap in for Fallout new vegas~
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136648)
Posted by Blurrz on October 16th, 2010 @ 8:19pm CDT
Maxed out my levels and Prime Mode. Don't think I'll play the game anymore unless my friends are online or I have the urge to complete it's achievements.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136708)
Posted by The Fallen Prime on October 16th, 2010 @ 11:38pm CDT
In my honest opinion, WFC is one of the greatest games to come out on the 360 when it comes to bringing you a great single-player experience. Unlike really bad games (such as the Call of Duty games) where the single-player is short and miles beyond disappointing, this game offers you a great campaign and an addicting Escalation mode.

One of my pet peeves with today's games is that too many of them, now, are being built mainly for multiplayer purposes. Much of your DLC is geared toward that part of the game, too. When the new Xboxes and Playstations come out, and the servers for those systems are shutdown, what are you going to do? More like, what are you left with? Games that may have delivered a great online experience, but a horrible single-player experience.

The single-player modes on this game are phenomenal! The MP system, as everyone has pointed out, is atrocious. I quit playing the damn thing for about a month and a half due to dropped games, spending too much time watching loading screens, lag, and what could have been hacking. I was frustrated to the point where I didn't enjoy the MP anymore.

The MP is just bad. Although I booted it up tonight to get a taste of the 10x XP and really enjoyed it. And, for the first time ever, I didn't experience any dropping or lagging in the games I played. Of course, that doesn't mean those problems aren't fixed. I may have gotten lucky.

Anywho, I will be playing this tomorrow in an attempt to hit Prime mode. I already leveled up 5 times in three rounds. Almost 6. So that's really nice.

WFC offers a great game for SP, but the MP is so unbelievably broken it's pathetic. I'm amazed and upset that these issues haven't been addressed. It's not that hard, High Moon, to fix these problems. It more than likely isn't going to take a lot of time either.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136710)
Posted by Blitzfire on October 17th, 2010 @ 12:12am CDT
LiKwid wrote:This game is borderline unplayable for me.. The servers are so inconsistent and the lag is atrocious. Now before anyone says "ugggh just get better internet" ..I ghot the best money can buy right now and play several games online.. I tried getting into this game online so many times but it just refused to function.


I don't buy it.

Matchmaking is not an ideal multiplayer component, but it's fast-becoming the norm with console titles due to the lack of requirement for independent servers to host games (plus, sooner or later these servers are always shut down, which effectively kills the multiplayer altogether). You're going to get some shockers from time-to-time. However, I live in Australia which is traditionally terrible for online latency (specifically in faster-paced games like shooters) and outside of the matchmaking horrors I frequently encounter virtually lag-less matches where 10+ kill streaks are easily obtained (and yes, I select "Worldwide").

Please get it through you; THERE ARE NO WAR FOR CYBERTRON SERVERS.

If you're experiencing lag, either your connection is shit or your host's is shit. Leave the game, give it a few mins and try again. If the problem persists, check that your modem is set-up optimally and stop whinging.

The only legitimate complaint in this whole thread is the request for host migration.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136713)
Posted by gantzrunner on October 17th, 2010 @ 12:44am CDT
Galvatrondestroyer wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
Galvatrondestroyer wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:wanna know the funny thing

i find ROTF alot more of a funner game.

WFC is too much like call of duty for it to be really anything different .

i didnt even bother buying WFC, i just tried it at my cousins and i was dissapointed


anyone else seeing people start playing ROTF again?

i am all my friends on the PSN are going back to it and they said that it seems funner and less laggy


i agree with ROTF being better mp wise an WFC does feel a bit like call of duty.

I dont foresee myself having either for much longer just not many ppl playin either on 360 an with ROTF they always pick the cheap super powerful characters to just dominate you



well on the psn people pick more sideswipes and jazz's

but what super powerful characters?
megatron, and grindor

i understand megatron being powerful but not grindor

but thats also my point it kinda forces you to try hard against those powerful characters while using bumblebee or another small character( making it realistic to the fact that bumblebee may never really defeat megatron by himself )

on WFC its just the same thing with every character im sure


dont forget power up prime in the super powerful cheap characters lol
its kinda that way in WFC but with diffrent health meters an ppl just spamming tank rounds it kinda sucks plus the drops from games if you dont have the maps and such i just finished the last two achievements on it so i think im done wit wfc too much lag and dropped games. and with my love of TF it kills me that its not been fixed an prob wont ever be, theyll just keep throwin more maps an character models an crazy xp weekends
. Truthfully I would LOVE. To play rotf again but 2 things killed it for me.... the first was not being able to play ranked matches without running into leaderboard teams that would end any match they were losing. The second issue was FREAKIN SPAWNCAMPING! Even in unranked matches! I mean come on it is the lamest way to win. I can't count how many times my team lost the advantage only to find ourselves trapped in spawncamp hell. And on the flip side I've been on teams that spawncamp...and its borring. No challenge. Just sit and shoot. I realize that the game has set spawn points that are easy to exploit but as players we can choose not to. Honestly...gamers behaving this way is pushing me further from online gaming.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136718)
Posted by Galvatrondestroyer on October 17th, 2010 @ 1:17am CDT
gantzrunner wrote:
Galvatrondestroyer wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
Galvatrondestroyer wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:wanna know the funny thing

i find ROTF alot more of a funner game.

WFC is too much like call of duty for it to be really anything different .

i didnt even bother buying WFC, i just tried it at my cousins and i was dissapointed


anyone else seeing people start playing ROTF again?

i am all my friends on the PSN are going back to it and they said that it seems funner and less laggy


i agree with ROTF being better mp wise an WFC does feel a bit like call of duty.

I dont foresee myself having either for much longer just not many ppl playin either on 360 an with ROTF they always pick the cheap super powerful characters to just dominate you



well on the psn people pick more sideswipes and jazz's

but what super powerful characters?
megatron, and grindor

i understand megatron being powerful but not grindor

but thats also my point it kinda forces you to try hard against those powerful characters while using bumblebee or another small character( making it realistic to the fact that bumblebee may never really defeat megatron by himself )

on WFC its just the same thing with every character im sure


dont forget power up prime in the super powerful cheap characters lol
its kinda that way in WFC but with diffrent health meters an ppl just spamming tank rounds it kinda sucks plus the drops from games if you dont have the maps and such i just finished the last two achievements on it so i think im done wit wfc too much lag and dropped games. and with my love of TF it kills me that its not been fixed an prob wont ever be, theyll just keep throwin more maps an character models an crazy xp weekends
. Truthfully I would LOVE. To play rotf again but 2 things killed it for me.... the first was not being able to play ranked matches without running into leaderboard teams that would end any match they were losing. The second issue was FREAKIN SPAWNCAMPING! Even in unranked matches! I mean come on it is the lamest way to win. I can't count how many times my team lost the advantage only to find ourselves trapped in spawncamp hell. And on the flip side I've been on teams that spawncamp...and its borring. No challenge. Just sit and shoot. I realize that the game has set spawn points that are easy to exploit but as players we can choose not to. Honestly...gamers behaving this way is pushing me further from online gaming.


yeah the spawncamping happened to me my first two matches ever on ROTF an it does suck tremendously.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136746)
Posted by retrothomas on October 17th, 2010 @ 7:55am CDT
Blitzfire wrote:The only legitimate complaint in this whole thread is the request for host migration.


You forgot about my legitimate complaint: only let me join the games I can join. Don't make me wait for 60+ second to find a match and load in when I won't be able to play that map since I don't have the DLC.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136755)
Posted by dkreed7 on October 17th, 2010 @ 8:27am CDT
Game was good while it lasted, too many problems with multiplayer have pretty much killed it.
Only people who love transformers and love playing as their favourite characters still play it, Starscream in my case :)
Their never gonna fix it so hasbro and takara should get on with releasing the rest of the characters from the game as figures :) please
Especially Starscream, hope to see some new figures soon.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136771)
Posted by Heavy B on October 17th, 2010 @ 9:35am CDT
ive considered ROTF, but every time i go on multiplayer, im alone. i also hate how you can only select certain bots, making alot of those trophys a BITCH to get
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136798)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 17th, 2010 @ 11:37am CDT
Well, I just got all my guys up to level 25 and activated prime mode. The lag on this game has been driving me craxy for the past few hours. I only sat through it to mop up the trophies associated with the progress and all that are left are those for the escalation mode which seems pretty tough.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136919)
Posted by Lastjustice on October 17th, 2010 @ 6:57pm CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Well, I just got all my guys up to level 25 and activated prime mode. The lag on this game has been driving me crazy for the past few hours. I only sat through it to mop up the trophies associated with the progress and all that are left are those for the escalation mode which seems pretty tough.


Surviving to wave 15 isn't that hard. With a decent team and the right level it can be done as I've managed get to way 18 or so a couple times now.

My advice,

- Learn the locations of all vital stuff like ammo, health, and overshields for the levels. Knowing the over all layout can help you retreat or rush back to a better defended location when you respawn. Nothing worse than coming back in like 12 and getting caught in middle of an army of Decepticons alone with the starting pee shooter. It also helps know what's behind each door so you can plan your path with the points you spend.

- Taking a character with Stealth is a good way escape doom and run to a heal. Also if you go down while on the pad to buy something you can continue to purchase the recovery item and save yourself without being aided. If you have a character such as Jazz with the ability to toss down barriers place it behind you while buying stuff. If you have tons of points and someone else doesn't (and just went down.)you can buy the item and step off the pad so they can grab it instead. Ultimately you can die very fast in this mode so it's better to be safe than sorry.

- Choose your Characters/powers/weapons wisely. Some abilities are much more helpful than others. Ultimately it's what suits your play style best. I tend be more of a team player so I pick characters with supportive powers such as Zeta Prime for autobots and Onslaught for the decepticons. War cry and ammo beacon help keep your team fighting without needing run off and get ammo mid battle.

Recovery ray (the healing weapons.) are great for patching each other up. They work on sentry drones so you can keep them firing longer. I'm a fan of having a scrap maker and healing ray as my two weapons. Like everything else experiment and see what works for you.


- Don't be a hero. It's about surivial. If one of your teammates is being absolutely reckless and breaks off from the pack, let them die. My knee jerk reaction is to be all Optimius Prime about it and die trying save them too. You'll leave your team down 2 people then instead of one. If they're close enough by fine take a chance. (or you can stealth to them safely.)

Otherwise cut your losses. It's what a leader has to do in the face of danger; make the hard calls. Needs of the many out weight the few. You try to support your team the best you can and stick together. You odds go up dramaticly than a team of mavericks out for themselves. (high scores might get you on the leaderboards but if you don't stick together you won't live long enough to matter.)

- Play thru the campaign (I'm assuming most people have if simply unlock the two fembots and see the story.) knowing how enemies fight and how avoid them is great practice for escalation mode. As they say in GI joe knowing is half the battle.

I hope that helps and good hunting. I'm Lastjustice on Playstation network if anyone needs a hand getting thru this. I'll do my best to get ya there.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136943)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on October 17th, 2010 @ 7:39pm CDT
I maxed out all of my classes tonight but I'm not buying into Prime Mode. I worked too hard to get all of my perks!
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137031)
Posted by Blitzfire on October 18th, 2010 @ 4:37am CDT
retrothomas wrote:
Blitzfire wrote:The only legitimate complaint in this whole thread is the request for host migration.


You forgot about my legitimate complaint: only let me join the games I can join. Don't make me wait for 60+ second to find a match and load in when I won't be able to play that map since I don't have the DLC.


I would possibly pay that if...

- The % of players with the DLC in the first place wasn't reasonably low.
- The % of players who actually play on the new maps wasn't even lower because of vetoing.

Personally, if I were you I'd just cough up and buy the DLC. It's not going to give you a disease.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137032)
Posted by retrothomas on October 18th, 2010 @ 4:52am CDT
I understand your point, but I simply won't pay $20 to be able to play a game I already paid $60 for. It's not right.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137033)
Posted by Blitzfire on October 18th, 2010 @ 5:05am CDT
retrothomas wrote:I understand your point, but I simply won't pay $20 to be able to play a game I already paid $60 for. It's not right.


And here's the crux of my stance; why?

Surprise me (protip: you won't, I've heard it all from anti-DLCers).
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137035)
Posted by retrothomas on October 18th, 2010 @ 5:10am CDT
Tell you what: go ahead and send me 1600 Microsoft Points and I'll get the DLC packs. We'll have a win/win situation on our hands.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137366)
Posted by 009* on October 19th, 2010 @ 12:03am CDT
I decided to unlock Prime mode and level my classes back up again. Now I'm all maxed out.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137535)
Posted by Screamfleet on October 19th, 2010 @ 1:17pm CDT
retrothomas wrote:I understand your point, but I simply won't pay $20 to be able to play a game I already paid $60 for. It's not right.


Exactly. It's like buying car and it comes with no passenger seats, it cost extra. Everyone works fine on its own, but if you want the convenience of driving other people, it cost extra.
"everyone else paid for it" in no way justifies it. Feeling forced to buy it is a hard sell on their part. You should want to buy it for what it really offers. Not feel obligated to buy it so there's less of a hassle.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137576)
Posted by Shadowman on October 19th, 2010 @ 3:18pm CDT
Screamfleet wrote:
retrothomas wrote:I understand your point, but I simply won't pay $20 to be able to play a game I already paid $60 for. It's not right.


Exactly. It's like buying car and it comes with no passenger seats, it cost extra. Everyone works fine on its own, but if you want the convenience of driving other people, it cost extra.
"everyone else paid for it" in no way justifies it. Feeling forced to buy it is a hard sell on their part. You should want to buy it for what it really offers. Not feel obligated to buy it so there's less of a hassle.


That's not an accurate analogy. It's more like buying a car, then paying extra for something you DON'T need but it's nice to have anyway. Like GPS, or a sun roof, or OnStar.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137580)
Posted by retrothomas on October 19th, 2010 @ 3:34pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:That's not an accurate analogy. It's more like buying a car, then paying extra for something you DON'T need but it's nice to have anyway. Like GPS, or a sun roof, or OnStar.


And when the GPS was released, your stereo would only turn on 1/4 of the time but would work perfectly like it used to if you actually purchased the GPS.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137586)
Posted by Shadowman on October 19th, 2010 @ 3:53pm CDT
retrothomas wrote:
Shadowman wrote:That's not an accurate analogy. It's more like buying a car, then paying extra for something you DON'T need but it's nice to have anyway. Like GPS, or a sun roof, or OnStar.


And when the GPS was released, your stereo would only turn on 1/4 of the time but would work perfectly like it used to if you actually purchased the GPS.


That stereo was broken since the car came out. Really, I'd stop with the analogies at this point.

I'd get dropped from matches repeatedly even IF I had the right map. While this doesn't help the matter at hand, it doesn't actually make it worse.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137763)
Posted by Screamfleet on October 20th, 2010 @ 4:19am CDT
Shadowman wrote:
Screamfleet wrote:
retrothomas wrote:I understand your point, but I simply won't pay $20 to be able to play a game I already paid $60 for. It's not right.


Exactly. It's like buying car and it comes with no passenger seats, it cost extra. Everyone works fine on its own, but if you want the convenience of driving other people, it cost extra.
"everyone else paid for it" in no way justifies it. Feeling forced to buy it is a hard sell on their part. You should want to buy it for what it really offers. Not feel obligated to buy it so there's less of a hassle.


That's not an accurate analogy. It's more like buying a car, then paying extra for something you DON'T need but it's nice to have anyway. Like GPS, or a sun roof, or OnStar.


Actually, it works fine. You DONT need passenger seats. The car works perfectly fine for you and you alone. It's your interaction with others that makes you feel as if you need it. Same with the maps. You dont need them till someone has them.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137769)
Posted by retrothomas on October 20th, 2010 @ 4:47am CDT
Bottom line: I bought a product that used to work fine and now it's got a defect.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1137807)
Posted by Shadowman on October 20th, 2010 @ 8:46am CDT
Screamfleet wrote:Same with the maps. You dont need them till someone has them.


I'm going to get dropped anyway, the reason doesn't matter.

retrothomas wrote:Bottom line: I bought a product that used to work fine and now it's got a defect.


So they HAD host migration, but then they removed it when they released the DLC? That's news to me.

Click here to view an additional 4 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014