Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers

Transformers News: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers

Thursday, October 14th, 2010 7:18PM CDT

Categories: Game News, Media
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 112,611

Via the Transformers War For Cybertron video game FACEBOOK page, we get great news for people who have been postponing their online gaming experience for just the right moment.

Of course that moment is a 10x XP weekend Friday through Sunday!

Transformers Game wrote:Another big XP boost coming from Friday through Sunday. All XP awards will be 10x their normal value!! Log in this weekend to take advantage of this amazing bump in advancement while it's available.

Need more XP? This weekend would appear to be the time for us procrastinators!

We also received the following message and images from Activision ...

Activision wrote:In celebration of this Transformers: War for Cybertron 10x XP multiplayer weekend, we are releasing as desktop wallpapers an original piece of artwork created by the guys at High Moon Studios. It depicts the epic battle between the Autobots and Decepticons in the War for Cybertron era. We also have Autobot and Decepticon faction poster images.

Click on the thumbnails below to view the full size images, which you can save as a desktop image for your computer.

WFC Wallpaper 1600x1050

WFC Wallpaper 1024x768 "Battle Royale"

WFC Wallpaper 1152x864 "Battle Royale"

WFC Wallpaper 1280x1024 "Battle Royale"

WFC Wallpaper 1280x960 "Battle Royale"

WFC Wallpaper 1600x1200 "Battle Royale"

WFC Wallpaper 1920x1200 "Battle Royale"

WFC Autobots

WFC Decepticons

Credit(s): Varia31, ALEXD3498, Activision

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135852)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 14th, 2010 @ 7:21pm CDT
Thank god, maybe now i can finally level my characters. When ever i try and join a game i either get kicked out cause i dont have the map or i get in and the lag is so bad i cant do anything. Now those few good rooms i get in will actual be worth something.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135868)
Posted by JetOptimus23 on October 14th, 2010 @ 7:50pm CDT
UNNECESSARY POINTS ARE UNNECESSARY! Seriously, 10? Next thing you know it will be over 9000! Jeez, high moon must be PRETTY desperate to do 10x. Though to be fair, it does bring in the players most of the time.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135887)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 14th, 2010 @ 8:31pm CDT
For a guy like me, this is a great thing. I usually stick to Escalation Mode because when it come to first person games, I eat the preverbial dick. I think I'll actually start playing MP again if'n I can level up a little faster and have some... what's that thing called again... oh ya, fun playing with the multiplayer type crowd again.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135889)
Posted by Heavy B on October 14th, 2010 @ 8:35pm CDT
yeash. went platnium already. although, none of my guys are maxed out in prime mode yet
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135894)
Posted by Anonymous on October 14th, 2010 @ 8:51pm CDT
I stopped playing just after I hit Prime mode a couple of weeks ago (just before the last XP bonus weekend). I wouldn't mind finishing off re-leveling my characters with this bonus weekend - each is about lvl 12-15 - but, seriously, Prime mode has pretty much lost any significance at this point.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135901)
Posted by Anonymous. on October 14th, 2010 @ 9:11pm CDT
What a joke..
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135931)
Posted by Shadowman on October 14th, 2010 @ 10:44pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:I usually stick to Escalation Mode because when it come to first person games, I eat the preverbial dick.

Well then you must be okay at this because it's third person. :P

Down_Shift wrote:I can level up a little faster and have some... what's that thing called again... oh ya, fun playing with the multiplayer type crowd again.

I usually have fun when a game doesn't drop me repeatedly due either to bad connection, or because the host has to go do something else.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135937)
Posted by Galvatrondestroyer on October 14th, 2010 @ 10:55pm CDT
ridiculous but at least ill get the last few achievements left on this game..watch this wont be the end of the ridiculous amounts of xp weekends
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135949)
Posted by Screamfleet on October 15th, 2010 @ 12:34am CDT
I hope I can net some of the experience.
The disconnect issues wouldn't matter to me at all, if I got the exp as I made a kill, not collect it all at the end of a match. Disconnecting really sucks, cause you lose all that experience.

The game wasn't made too well. The separation of PVP and escalation was weird. Why cant I play as my leveled up custom character in escalation? Why cant I play as Jazz in PVP?
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135952)
Posted by Shadowman on October 15th, 2010 @ 12:52am CDT
Screamfleet wrote:I hope I can net some of the experience.

It actually DOES do that. Experience is applied as you get it, and when you leave a match for any reason (Disconnect, match ends, etc) it'll save to your hard drive. That post match experience bar is just for show, to show how much experience you gained during the match.

Basically, you get experience when you leave a match, whether you leave because the match ended or because you were disconnected is irrelevant.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135957)
Posted by NiteStar on October 15th, 2010 @ 1:18am CDT
Shadowman wrote:Dear High Moon,

We don't want events that dramatically increase our experience. The dwindling player base in War for Cybertron is NOT because the players don't feel they're leveling up fast enough. If anything, getting all-maxed out classes while in prime mode removes a reason to play.

The dwindling player base is because of so many technical errors. Host migration, there's your problem. Design the game so that if the host leaves, the match still goes on. People don't like it when they're forced to end a game early because someone had to walk the dog. And all the bonus experience in the world doesn't make up for that.

In short, bonus experience and map-packs are not the answers you're looking for. Some, myself included, view it as a shallow attempt to re-attract your lost players while dodging the real problem: Host migration. Fix it, and maybe you'll see those players come back.

Sincerely,
Shadowman.

So True. But along with the Host migration they need to change the WHOLE ENTIRE menu of the Multiplayer to allow us to see who is online playing which games and let us choose what matches to enter.
I cant tell you how I am so tired of seeing that there are 50 people playing Conquest and when I choose to "find match" it puts me in an empty room where I have to wait for other players. THERE ARE 50 PLAYING! CANT YOU PLACE ME IN A GAME ALREADY TAKING PLACE OR THATS ABOUT TO START?! ARE ALL 50 PEOPLE IN THE SAME GAME??!! MAKES NO SENSE!
And how many of you are getting tired of being bumped offline cuz you dont have the map to play?
That wouldnt happen if we could see what games are taking place in which maps. Oh yeah and all the LAGGING too!
There is just too much waiting on standby when there are obviously people already playing.
LET US CHOOSE WHAT MATCHES WE WANT TO PLAY!!!!!
*freedom to choose is the right of all sentient beings*
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135966)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 15th, 2010 @ 2:31am CDT
WFC is an imperfect game in an imperfect world.

I didnt know that XP was awarded as it happens, I too thought it was only at the end of each match. The number of terminated games did play a part in putting me off playing but now that I know that a terminated game is not a wasted game then I will get back into it. Maybe I can clean up a couple of trophies while im at it..
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1135998)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 15th, 2010 @ 5:13am CDT
Dammit, High Moon's torturing me again! I thought they were over this. :-x Now I'm gonna miss out on this because I don't have enough cash to get a wireless adapter for my Xbox 360. :sad:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136056)
Posted by whacko on October 15th, 2010 @ 10:58am CDT
Shadowman wrote:Dear High Moon,

Sincerely,
Shadowman.

Agree 100%
I said all of this a week after the game came out. The multiplayer matchmaking is like it was lifted out of a game from 1996. It is primitive and laggy. New character models offer no compelling reason to return to the game, and map packs are useless when most people never bothered to buy them.

All of these 2x,5x,10x XP weekends are just a kick in the balls to all the guys who spent weeks and months maxing out all of their characters before finally getting sick of the technical problems of the game and moving on.

This game had so much promise.. it is the best TF game ever released. Too bad it was among the best GAMEs ever released. It easily could have been.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136064)
Posted by KEVINDOMUS PRIME on October 15th, 2010 @ 11:29am CDT
Does anyone know when dlc pack #3 will be coming :D cause its driving me nuts for some reason :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136121)
Posted by retrothomas on October 15th, 2010 @ 1:55pm CDT
I love the game, I really do, and that's made my disappointment with it that much more upsetting.

Aside from host migration (which is a huge DUH) there's the fact that I go and join in multiplayer but get kicked out after waiting a minute for everything to join a match and load because I haven't paid to download the extra map packs.

Mind you, I paid the full $60 at launch because I was so excited. I NEVER do that! I went from being a huge proponent of this game, which was one of the games I had looked forward to the most in my entire gaming career, to being massively disappointed and shelving it.

It's sad because I'd love to play it more but the issues with online play led me to shelve it and every time I try getting into multiplayer again it just deepens my disappointment.

On the bright side, this game is what got me into Transformers as an adult and I'm very grateful for that :)
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136122)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 15th, 2010 @ 2:05pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:Dear High Moon,

Sincerely,
Shadowman.

I beg to differ, when it takes 10 or more tries to get into a game because you dont have the maps or the lag is so bad you get disconnected you need all the extra EXP you can get. I will agree extra exp isnt the answer but for those of us trying to level & cant this helps alot. The real problem with this game is not being able to see all games that are currently being played on what map & what the host connection is. Relying only on matchmaking is the worst idea ever. Matchmaking should only be an option not the only way to get into a game. And it would be nice if you could start a game with 2 people instead of having to wait for 4. Yeah they do it that way to try and prevent boosting but your always going to have boosters so just stop trying. Rainbow Six Vegas had the best online set up back in the day, every game should use that system.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136269)
Posted by Windsweeper on October 15th, 2010 @ 8:39pm CDT
My only gripe with the game is that you can't replay the levels with the downloadable characters like Dead End and Onslaught.

Love those painted battle scenes. Takes me back to the box art of G1. Truely a lost art.
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136336)
Posted by ShockUzer on October 15th, 2010 @ 11:25pm CDT
I like this poster:

Look at Starscream, he´s pointing to Megatron :lol: .
Re: Transformers War for Cybertron 10x XP Weekend and new WFC desktop wallpapers (1136344)
Posted by Screamfleet on October 15th, 2010 @ 11:57pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:
Screamfleet wrote:I hope I can net some of the experience.

Doesn't work for me then, cause I remember leveling up, disconnecting, logging back in and I didn't gain that level.

Ending Soon On eBay

[PSL] JAPAN RARE Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-23 Galvatron Action Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 48 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PROWL MASTERPIECE FIGURE MP-04 - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 49 minutes 19 seconds
G2 TRANSFORMERS: OPTIMUS PRIME 100% Factory Sealed 1992 MISB Hasbro Wow Look! - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 minutes 2 seconds
Hasbro Transformers MP-13 Soundwave 2015 Year of Goat Asia Platinum Edition  NEW - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 10 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Alpha Bravo loose with package G1 style Superion - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 58 minutes 44 seconds
Generations transformers Reveal the Shield Rodimus Cyclonus exclusive - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 10 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Generations Classics Kup G1 style - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 28 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Classics RamJet and Dirge 2.0 G1 styled loose not complete seekers - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 28 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive