Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O

Transformers News: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O

Monday, November 4th, 2013 3:56PM CST

Categories: Company News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,788

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to Seibertron.com user ScottyP, we've been alerted to the appearance of the first Toys'R'Us adverts for Black Friday offers. Check out the images below, mirrored from bfads.net, revealing the three offers avaialable so far: DotM Jetwing Optimus Prime for $49.99, Prime:RID BOGOF and 50% off Kre-O Transformers Ultimate Vehicle Pack!

Transformers News: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O

Transformers News: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O

Transformers News: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O
Credit(s): TRU, bfads.net
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527941)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 4th, 2013 @ 4:02pm CST
If we hold out a little while longer, do you think Hasbro will PAY US to take their unsold KRE-O figures?
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527943)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 4th, 2013 @ 4:09pm CST
well. i need that jetwing prime.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527945)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 4th, 2013 @ 4:11pm CST
Hasbro, why did you do that to Jetwing Prime?
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527950)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 4th, 2013 @ 4:31pm CST
And here we have the eternal struggle. Do you buy figures when they're released to support the brand or do you wait for deals like this to save some money?
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527951)
Posted by TheCyclonus on November 4th, 2013 @ 4:32pm CST
Jetwing Prime? I know I'm a noob on Takara stuff, even more of a noob on Movie Takara stuff, but I thought the states didn't get that? Is it coming out for Black Friday? If it is... I'll be there at 5 PM.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527953)
Posted by Caelus on November 4th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:And here we have the eternal struggle. Do you buy figures when they're released to support the brand or do you wait for deals like this to save some money?


Both - BOGO means twice as many TFs to put in the Toys-for-Tots bin! :D
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527954)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on November 4th, 2013 @ 4:44pm CST
TheCyclonus wrote:Jetwing Prime? I know I'm a noob on Takara stuff, even more of a noob on Movie Takara stuff, but I thought the states didn't get that? Is it coming out for Black Friday? If it is... I'll be there at 5 PM.


The States got it as an Amazon exclusive. In fact, this looks to have the same deco as the Amazon version. The advertised price is about right for 50% off the original Amazon price, too.

So, it's probably a retail release of the Amazon one.

Also, most TRU's are doing Thursday night openings instead of early Black Friday ones, so check with your store before planning.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527970)
Posted by megatronus on November 4th, 2013 @ 5:50pm CST
Thursday at 5:00 pm? Seriously?

I hate the continued encroachment on my Thanksgiving family time.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527971)
Posted by megatronus on November 4th, 2013 @ 5:54pm CST
Midnight_Fox wrote:
TheCyclonus wrote:Jetwing Prime? I know I'm a noob on Takara stuff, even more of a noob on Movie Takara stuff, but I thought the states didn't get that? Is it coming out for Black Friday? If it is... I'll be there at 5 PM.


The States got it as an Amazon exclusive. In fact, this looks to have the same deco as the Amazon version. The advertised price is about right for 50% off the original Amazon price, too.

So, it's probably a retail release of the Amazon one.

Also, most TRU's are doing Thursday night openings instead of early Black Friday ones, so check with your store before planning.

I wonder if Hasbro produced more just for TRU, or if Amazon didn't buy enough of them in the first place.

I sold my Takara one last year to fund the purchase of my Asia Premium Series Striker Prime, but I may just have to pick up this version again. $50 aint a bad deal at all.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527972)
Posted by Erailea on November 4th, 2013 @ 5:57pm CST
Caelus wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:And here we have the eternal struggle. Do you buy figures when they're released to support the brand or do you wait for deals like this to save some money?


Both - BOGO means twice as many TFs to put in the Toys-for-Tots bin! :D



Nah. I got my Toys-for-Tots TF figures at Olly's and Five Below for $5 a pop :lol:



As for them opening at 5pm on Thanksgiving.... You won't catch me there. Or at any store for that matter. I'll be with family, stuffing myself. There isn't a deal out there worth my wasting a family gathering over.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527976)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 4th, 2013 @ 6:20pm CST
Caelus wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:And here we have the eternal struggle. Do you buy figures when they're released to support the brand or do you wait for deals like this to save some money?


Both - BOGO means twice as many TFs to put in the Toys-for-Tots bin! :D


You have an excellent point and one that should be mentioned over as often as possible this time of the year.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527981)
Posted by Caelus on November 4th, 2013 @ 7:28pm CST
Erailea wrote:
Caelus wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:And here we have the eternal struggle. Do you buy figures when they're released to support the brand or do you wait for deals like this to save some money?


Both - BOGO means twice as many TFs to put in the Toys-for-Tots bin! :D


Nah. I got my Toys-for-Tots TF figures at Olly's and Five Below for $5 a pop :lol:


Also a great idea - I will have to remember to skim through TJMaxx and Marshall's for more TFPrime 1st Edition figures. I wish I'd been thinking about it last weekend when I saw that Starscream for $5.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527992)
Posted by Janitor on November 4th, 2013 @ 9:38pm CST
megatronus wrote:Thursday at 5:00 pm? Seriously?

I hate the continued encroachment on my Thanksgiving family time.


Yeah, that's what football's for!
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527993)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on November 4th, 2013 @ 9:40pm CST
megatronus wrote:Thursday at 5:00 pm? Seriously?

I hate the continued encroachment on my Thanksgiving family time.


I don't see how it is an encroachment on your Thanksgiving family time as nobody is making you leave your family to go shopping.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1527998)
Posted by megatronus on November 4th, 2013 @ 10:10pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
megatronus wrote:Thursday at 5:00 pm? Seriously?

I hate the continued encroachment on my Thanksgiving family time.


I don't see how it is an encroachment on your Thanksgiving family time as nobody is making you leave your family to go shopping.

Nobody is making me leave my family, but I do have a problem with stores opening earlier and earlier each year to accommodate Black Friday craziness. I find it obnoxious, and that's my right.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1528003)
Posted by T-Macksimus on November 4th, 2013 @ 10:46pm CST
megatronus wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
megatronus wrote:Thursday at 5:00 pm? Seriously?

I hate the continued encroachment on my Thanksgiving family time.


I don't see how it is an encroachment on your Thanksgiving family time as nobody is making you leave your family to go shopping.

Nobody is making me leave my family, but I do have a problem with stores opening earlier and earlier each year to accommodate Black Friday craziness. I find it obnoxious, and that's my right.


I will second that whole-heartedly. It's on par with taking something that is sacred/respected and totally trivializing it, belittling it and straight-up sh***ing all over it for the sake of making a quick buck. It's immoral, it's offensive and the worst part is, entirely too much of the population is partaking in it which lends even further to my opinion that the human species is one of the lowest, degenerate forms of life on this planet.

That's just my opinion, many of you wont like it or understand why I'm so adamant about it but then a lot of you would sell out your own families for pieces of "plastic crack".

Back to the ad though... there's not a darn thing on there worth venturing out in the mindless cluster-**** that is Black Friday shopping. I've got enough Primes, I don't need another one that badly and TRU's selection of Generations figures has been sucking lately and I don't see them doing anything but peddling TF:Prime shelf-warmers up until the week before Christmas. It could be "buy 1, get 3 free" and I'd STILL pass on everything they have in stock. It's not worth risking an assault charge just for some toys.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1528004)
Posted by Kibble on November 4th, 2013 @ 11:06pm CST
That's a nice price for Jetwing Prime...too bad the US release has a lame deco.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1528013)
Posted by Caelus on November 5th, 2013 @ 12:48am CST
T-Macksimus wrote:It's on par with taking something that is sacred/respected and totally trivializing it, belittling it and straight-up sh***ing all over it for the sake of making a quick buck. It's immoral, it's offensive and the worst part is, entirely too much of the population is partaking in it which lends even further to my opinion that the human species is one of the lowest, degenerate forms of life on this planet.

That's just my opinion, many of you wont like it or understand why I'm so adamant about it but then a lot of you would sell out your own families for pieces of "plastic crack".


Actually, that raises some questions that have long bothered me about Black Friday sales:

1. What portion of Black Friday shoppers are buying items for themselves, as opposed to others, or for their families as a whole?

2. What portion of Black Friday shoppers are able to take off a day outside of a holiday weekend, to go Christmas shopping?

3. What portion of Black Friday shoppers are in an economic bracket where they feel they can afford to pass up the deals offered on Black Friday?

I've long had some concern that the door-buster Friday-only Black Friday sales are coercive/exploitative of the upper-lower to lower-middle SES classes, which is deplorable, but if I'm right in thinking that most BF shoppers are not privileged individuals, then the blame is not something that should be shuffled onto the consumers. I do not know if that's the case though, which actually has me wanting to rush a survey to the IRB now.

Oh, and there's two other relevant questions that bug me:

4. What portion of Black Friday shoppers recognize Thanksgiving as a 'true' holiday?

5. Among those who do observe Thanksgiving, how many have something better to do on Friday?


That this post initially turned into what could be a good page or two of a research proposal tells me that it's a complicated scenario that I think has a lot to tell us about American culture and society.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1528026)
Posted by Turbobungle on November 5th, 2013 @ 3:11am CST
Wonder if we'll get this deal in the UK... Bwahahahahhaaa :DANCE:
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1528048)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 5th, 2013 @ 8:23am CST
I'm kinda tired of people complaining about stores encroaching on the "sacred" holiday of Thanksgiving.

A) Thanksgiving is a secular holiday; there's nothing sacred about it. We eat our Butterball turkeys and our canned cranberry sauce and watch NFL football.

B) For many families, Thanksgiving dinner is eaten early, and then everyone passes out while watching football. Going shopping for a couple hours in the evening isn't taking away from any meaningful family time.

C) Shopping can be a fun family activity. Maybe the women take the kids shopping while the husbands bond at home over football. Or maybe my brother-in-law and I take the kids toy shopping. Some families get a big kick out of waiting in line together for the stores to open. Those can be great bonding moments, just as good as anything you'd be doing at home.

D) Some of us would LOVE an excuse to get out of the house and away from the family, even if just for an hour. We all love our families, but c'mon. There are limits.

E) The original Thanksgiving was supposedly a celebration of their bountiful harvest. They weren't celebrating all the family they had, they were celebrating all the FOOD they had. In a way, Thanksgiving is a holiday where we celebrate CONSUMPTION, in all its forms. Maybe going shopping and spending our hard-earned money on a bounty of goods is perfectly appropriate!
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1528064)
Posted by megatronus on November 5th, 2013 @ 10:12am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:I'm kinda tired of people complaining about stores encroaching on the "sacred" holiday of Thanksgiving.

A) Thanksgiving is a secular holiday; there's nothing sacred about it. We eat our Butterball turkeys and our canned cranberry sauce and watch NFL football.

I haven't seen the word "sacred" bandied about here, so I'm not sure why you're inserting it into the conversation if you're so tired of it.

GuyIncognito wrote:B) For many families, Thanksgiving dinner is eaten early, and then everyone passes out while watching football. Going shopping for a couple hours in the evening isn't taking away from any meaningful family time.

C) Shopping can be a fun family activity. Maybe the women take the kids shopping while the husbands bond at home over football. Or maybe my brother-in-law and I take the kids toy shopping. Some families get a big kick out of waiting in line together for the stores to open. Those can be great bonding moments, just as good as anything you'd be doing at home.

D) Some of us would LOVE an excuse to get out of the house and away from the family, even if just for an hour. We all love our families, but c'mon. There are limits.

No one said shopping can't be fun or an enriching/family experience. Or that the occasional break from the family can't be a good thing.

GuyIncognito wrote:E) The original Thanksgiving was supposedly a celebration of their bountiful harvest. They weren't celebrating all the family they had, they were celebrating all the FOOD they had. In a way, Thanksgiving is a holiday where we celebrate CONSUMPTION, in all its forms. Maybe going shopping and spending our hard-earned money on a bounty of goods is perfectly appropriate!

Though the consumption argument you make makes some sense, my objection comes from the nature and context of that consumption.

I suppose I'm pivoting from my original family time argument, but when it comes down to it, I think my concern is the deeper commercialization of what I normally consider a tranquil time. I understand that not everyone sees it that way. I like going Black Friday shopping, but soon, we're going to have Black Week, not Black Friday. And that sort of makes me sad.

Take it or leave it.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532143)
Posted by Va'al on November 28th, 2013 @ 7:14am CST
Confirming what we reported a while back, TRU.com have listed Dark of the Moon Leader Jetwing Optimus Prime at the whooping price of $49.99! As a reminder, the deal (which also qualifies for free shipping) opens on Thursday 28th at 5pm, until Saturday or as long as stock lasts. Happy hunting!

Image
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532148)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 28th, 2013 @ 7:31am CST
So close, yet so far... I actually want to be there at Toys 'R Us for Black Friday, just for the Power Rangers Transformers combo deal. :sad: I want my Squid and Dino!
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532156)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 28th, 2013 @ 8:12am CST
i already put one on layway for 100 bucks. i will probably keep it there too because i doubt i will be able to get one in time.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532172)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 28th, 2013 @ 10:57am CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:i already put one on layway for 100 bucks. i will probably keep it there too because i doubt i will be able to get one in time.



If you want it for $50 just pay it off go to customer service & return it then tell them you changed your mind and you actually want it. I didnt see anything in the layaway terms saying you cant do this. And if they give you a hard time just tell them you dont want it & start walking out, i guarantee you thell help you cause they want the sale.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532175)
Posted by Uncontrolable_myosin on November 28th, 2013 @ 11:07am CST
Amazon has also price matched this price. So if you got prime, its only two days away!
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532176)
Posted by megatronus on November 28th, 2013 @ 11:10am CST
Va'al wrote:Confirming what we reported a while back, TRU.com have listed Dark of the Moon Leader Jetwing Optimus Prime at the whooping price of $49.99! As a reminder, the deal (which also qualifies for free shipping) opens on Thursday 28th at 5pm, until Saturday or as long as stock lasts. Happy hunting!

Image

$50 bucks is worth it just for the Buster Prime base. The Jetwing portion is just a bonus.

If I didn't already have the Asia Premium Series Optimus (and the assorted Cubex, UFO, and other bells and whistles), I'd probably be more eager to go out tonight. As it is, I'll take my time.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532177)
Posted by Uncontrolable_myosin on November 28th, 2013 @ 11:13am CST
Forgot something, I went to my TRU yesterday to do a lil recon. The jetwing primes are actually not where the rest of transformers are, the were on the ground near the entrance. Another note is that my TRU only had 8 in stock.... hope this helps!
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532197)
Posted by timcourtois on November 28th, 2013 @ 12:03pm CST
Uncontrolable_myosin wrote:Amazon has also price matched this price. So if you got prime, its only two days away!


They did? Where do you see that? When I look it up on Amazon, it's listed at $89.99...
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532205)
Posted by zatara1701 on November 28th, 2013 @ 12:19pm CST
Wow...I bought mine last night a little after midnight...smh... If I had thought that our community wasn't that resourceful I would've posted something. 8-}

FYI... It didn't qualify for free shipping, as it is a penny away from the $50 minimum... Yeah I know, that's pretty crappy :BANG_HEAD: Anyways, I went ahead and bought my 5yr old the Playskool Rescue Bots Police Stating for $19.98 and used $5 in Rewards points :grin:
We're all good here...

Happy hunting starting at 5PM Trans-fans... My Jetwing Prime will be here in a week.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532377)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on November 29th, 2013 @ 8:33am CST
I'm a little Pissed, I went to My Local TRU last night as I was getting some stuff for my kids, I was first in Line, and My TRU had none of them. None, Zip, Zilch, Zero. Was a little pissed off.
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532452)
Posted by tiggertron70 on November 29th, 2013 @ 3:42pm CST
i got mine today at my local tru for $49.99 and i love him :grin: :BOT: :KREMZEEK:
Re: TRU Black Friday Ads - Jetwing Optimus Prime, Prime:RID, Kre-O (1532782)
Posted by Megaprimatron on December 1st, 2013 @ 1:53pm CST
Jetwing Prime is available now with the Ship-to-home option on the TRU site for $60 ($10 more than Black Friday) which is still a great deal over Amazon and elsewhere. I ordered one for myself as well as some Kreo sets for gifts since those online only sales prices and free shipping are great!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014