Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK!

Transformers News: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK!

Thursday, September 24th, 2009 1:18PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Sightings, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 36,151

Seibertron.com member Pretender Skywarp has found and purchased the ToysRus exclusive 3 figure box-set "Gather ing at the Nemesis". The box-set contains Movie 2007 Voyager Megatron, ROTF Voyager Fallen and a G1 homage repaint of ROTF Deluxe Soundwave. The box set's price is GBP 59.99.
Strangely the box is not the usual European box type as it is in English only and not multi-lingual.

He has also found an odd 2 pack containing ROTF Deluxe Wheely and ROTF Deluxe Sideways both toys are unchanged from their normal retail release, the Sideways does appear to be the darker more metallic variant though. This set did not feature a price.

Below are two photos Pretender Skywarp took.

Re:TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheely vs Sideways boxes out in  UK!

Re:TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheely vs Sideways boxes out in  UK!

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): Pretender Skywarp, Rodimus Minor
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002744)
Posted by Zeds on September 24th, 2009 @ 1:28pm CDT
The box-set contains Movie 2007 Voyager Megatron, ROTF Voyager Fallen and a G1 homage repaint of ROTF Deluxe Soundwave. They retail at £59.99

OMG! That would such an easy pass for me.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002750)
Posted by waaaaghlord on September 24th, 2009 @ 1:36pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:This box set contains an unchanged Movie 2007 Voyager class Megatron

It's a repainted vesion not the same as the regular 07 release. More like a non metallic version of the Best Buy colours.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002767)
Posted by moneycon on September 24th, 2009 @ 2:25pm CDT
shonenfan4 wrote:
moneycon wrote:I saw it at TRU in Michigan. Pontiac on telegraph. 2 left....that was yesterday. Not sure of price.

The Nemesis 3 pack or that 2pack?

3 pack!! I guess I should have let the powers that be know. I just called it is priced at $49.99.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002769)
Posted by moneycon on September 24th, 2009 @ 2:30pm CDT
moneycon wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:

The Nemesis 3 pack or that 2pack?

It's exactly like the pictures from UK above. I am really not interested in it..so I didn't think much of it...sorry...or should I say congrats...it's in the States too!!
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002772)
Posted by Zeds on September 24th, 2009 @ 2:34pm CDT
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002794)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 24th, 2009 @ 3:00pm CDT
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002798)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on September 24th, 2009 @ 3:01pm CDT
Zeds wrote:£59.99 = $100 US. Twice as much as what North America will pay. Same old same old. Cheaper to buy it from HK and have it shipped. Quote low value to avoid VAT.

It's been covered here many a time, but Hasbro seem to think that $1 = £1 :-x
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002805)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 24th, 2009 @ 3:15pm CDT
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002808)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 24th, 2009 @ 3:21pm CDT
Wheelie vs. Sideways; that's bizarre.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002819)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on September 24th, 2009 @ 3:37pm CDT
Further to the above, Rodimus Minor over at the UK sightings thread, reports that the Wheelie 2-pack is £22.99, about a £3 saving on buying them solo.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002822)
Posted by moneycon on September 24th, 2009 @ 3:40pm CDT
Doubledealer25 wrote:right now that three pack is my only hope of getting the fallen. I CANT FIND HIM DAMN IT!

ebay - $25.00 no shipping....save the $14.00. I have one open, transformed once, I'd be willing to part with..sitting in a tub right now...not sure how it would work out...shipping would be $7.00(probably)...and then what for the figure....sounds like ebay $25 might be best. I got some other stuff I'd be willing to part with, might make it more worth while.. pm me if interested.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002859)
Posted by Primus1101 on September 24th, 2009 @ 5:36pm CDT
When the feck did Wheelie Vs. Sideways happen? Oh and by the way, Hasbro, if you are going to give us Sideways over 9000 times, do us a favour: Give him the correct colour scheme and maybe his rifle he had in the game.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002886)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 24th, 2009 @ 6:39pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Wheelie vs Sideways? what the hell? How does that fit in? I still have yet to see these. I dont care about the Sideways one since i have both molds but the Nemesis one im kinda interested in. But then again still havent seen Longhaul or activator Soundwave either.

Wheelie and Sideways was friends / buddies before the Great War forces them to go into combat and separation.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002901)
Posted by Rushie on September 24th, 2009 @ 6:44pm CDT
Wow, absolutely zero effort went in that Wheelie/Sideways 2-pack. It doesn't even have a nice cgi render of Wheelie's face, because they just reused the truck image from his single carded release. Sideways could've been at least the dark variant or even the battle damaged one. A nice opportunity for "You burnt my eye, you crazy b****" Wheelie was also wasted
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002926)
Posted by Zeds on September 24th, 2009 @ 7:00pm CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:

It's been covered here many a time, but Hasbro seem to think that $1 = £1 :-x

Oh yes I know my friend. Been involved on the Canadian side of the ledger when the $CAD was worth $0.62 US and we were paying $90 CAD for Unicron while the US was paying $40 US. Things are better now with the $CAD at $0.92 US. Our situation has improved but the UK situation has barely moved. Time for a REVOLT! :-x
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002961)
Posted by Convotron on September 24th, 2009 @ 7:49pm CDT
Zeds wrote:Time for a REVOLT! :-x

Burn the witch!

Wait, what are we doing again?
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002968)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 24th, 2009 @ 7:58pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
Zeds wrote:Time for a REVOLT! :-x

Burn the witch!

Wait, what are we doing again?

lol wtf? :lol: UK prices sux.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1002995)
Posted by Samsonator on September 24th, 2009 @ 8:42pm CDT
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1003019)
Posted by TFGnome on September 24th, 2009 @ 9:22pm CDT
Samsonator wrote:Sideways Vs Wheelie?! That's a tad one-sided, don't you think? That's like... punching a baby...

more like just stepping on a baby

8-}

what a combo
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1003046)
Posted by Convotron on September 24th, 2009 @ 10:23pm CDT
TFGnome wrote:

more like just stepping on a baby

8-}

what a combo

Guys! What's this crazy talk about violence against babies? Seriously, man.

Now, we've got a witch to burn.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1003059)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 24th, 2009 @ 10:46pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
TFGnome wrote:

more like just stepping on a baby

8-}

what a combo

Guys! What's this crazy talk about violence against babies? Seriously, man.

Now, we've got a witch to burn.

There's some serious violent peeps when regarding this 2pack.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1003130)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on September 25th, 2009 @ 2:20am CDT
Zeds wrote:
Pretender Skywarp wrote:

It's been covered here many a time, but Hasbro seem to think that $1 = £1 :-x

Buy Takara. Problem solved :wink:

(He sys in a thread he created about a Hasbro Exclusive 3-pack :???: )
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1003205)
Posted by Convotron on September 25th, 2009 @ 8:36am CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Buy Takara. Problem solved :wink:

(He sys in a thread he created about a Hasbro Exclusive 3-pack :???: )

So THAT was your plan all along...Takara agent!

Hmm, I might be warming up to the Gathering At The Nemesis pack. I didn't buy Soundwave or The Fallen when they first came out and they aren't around any more at my local stores. I've really criticized the Voyager class The Fallen figure before but it may be the largest iteration of the figure in this line and it would go nicely with Voyager Megatron, though I have to buy that too. 07 Megatron looks like it's a neat figure too.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1003244)
Posted by dragons on September 25th, 2009 @ 10:25am CDT
thats odd i saw that 3 pack of soundwave yesturday i think i did anyway i wasnt really looking at 2x packs or more im still waiting for jefire & icecream twins to come here all ready got toaster dude ejector

great find
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1003262)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 25th, 2009 @ 11:48am CDT
Convotron wrote:
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Buy Takara. Problem solved :wink:

(He sys in a thread he created about a Hasbro Exclusive 3-pack :???: )

So THAT was your plan all along...Takara agent!

Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1003333)
Posted by Convotron on September 25th, 2009 @ 2:41pm CDT
shonenfan4 wrote:I never did understand why they included 07 Voyager Megatron instead of the ROTF one, seeing as the scene in the movie was actually Starscream + Fallen + Megatron.

Yeah. Maybe it's a scene that took place before the movies? If "Gathering at the Nemesis" is referencing the scene in RotF then, yeah, the characters aren't quite right. When this was first announced, I was hoping that the Megatron included in this pack was going to be RotF Voyager Megatron with a silver repaint.
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1003424)
Posted by SentaiPRFan on September 25th, 2009 @ 5:34pm CDT
Spotted 2 of these at the TRU out on Ellison Drive NW Albuquerque NM
Re: TRU Gathering At The Nemesis and Wheelie vs Sideways out in UK! (1003437)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 25th, 2009 @ 6:34pm CDT
SentaiPRFan wrote:Spotted 2 of these at the TRU out on Ellison Drive NW Albuquerque NM

This should go to the NM sightings page. :P