Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!"

Tuesday, June 19th, 2012 12:56AM CDT

Categories: Media, Podcast, Site News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 49,327

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com is proud to present another episode of the Twincast/Podcast featuring your host Counterpunch, and guests Jon 3.0, Seibertron, Tigertracks, and Razorclaw. You may download this episode directly, or from iTunes or our RSS feed.

In this episode, your favorite Transformers podcast crew tells you what's on their minds about the following topics:

  • Is Transformers 4 a reboot?
  • Universal Studios Evac toy discussion
  • SDCC Exclusives: Shockwave H.I.S.S. Tank, FOC Bruticus, and Terrorcon Cliffjumper
  • Transformers Prime's Airachnid
  • Kre-O Quest for Energon sets
  • United Master Power Core Combiner repaints and crazy prices
  • Masterpiece Sideswipe and Soundwave
  • New problems with the Transformers Collectors' Club
  • Fall of Cybertron Media Blitz
  • Bragging rights!

Image

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391542)
Posted by xyl360 on June 19th, 2012 @ 6:13am CDT
Another great show guys, I really enjoyed it :D!

I'm also glad you guys are still keeping the running time nice and loooong. It's great to just sit back and listen to when I'm just chilling out and there's nothing on TV or to have on in the background while I'm working.

On the MP scale note, I'd like to mention that I think it's nice that Takara is doing them in scale now, but I think part of the reason they shrunk (as opposed to scaling up to MP-01 size) is due to the cost. Petrolium (for plastics etc.) is more expensive than ever and I'm certain that cuts into their profits. Every line (Movie, Generations/Classics/whatever, WfC/FoC and even Prime) is smaller now so making MP's a smaller size makes perfect sense.

Also, one negative comment. Ryan, I LOVE your site and I LOVE the podcast, but often times your voice is way too loud. It may be just your mic or something, I'm not sure, but when you raise your voice during the podcast it's blaringly loud and you can tell that it redlines the mic input because it takes on almost a static/white noise quality to it. That makes it very difficult to listen to the podcast with headphones as it honestly hurts my ears. Nothing against you at all, I'm just being honest.

Anyway, another great podcast and I'm glad you guys didn't pull any punches with regards to the Club's latest flub. I feel like Has/Tak and the Club are all FINALLY starting to actually listen to their fanbase, giving us things we've been asking for for years now, and they shouldn't get off doing a half-assed job of it by finding a cheap, crappy alternative to the cheap crappy site they had before. They're a business and have the potential for major profits given the size of their (currently) ever growing fanbase, much of which has real MONEY to spend and is looking for badass exclusives to fill our shelves so they can line their pockets. They've gotta get their act together and figure out how to CORRECTLY take our money :)!
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391570)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 19th, 2012 @ 8:21am CDT
can't download on ITUNES. I always have this issue with you're podcasts. When you search for your show on ITUNES the latest one is from 6/4
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391581)
Posted by worldsgreatest on June 19th, 2012 @ 9:25am CDT
For you Lego fans, Target does frequently clear out large swathes of sets whenever resets are done. Mostly end of year but sometimes quarterly.

If you have the time and inclination it may be worth it to hide said sets under your favorite kicker until they hit 75% off. Then reap the rewards! I got a Slave 1 for like $20.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391583)
Posted by Seibertron on June 19th, 2012 @ 9:28am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:can't download on ITUNES. I always have this issue with you're podcasts. When you search for your show on ITUNES the latest one is from 6/4


It doesn't instantly populate on iTunes. It won't appear until the next time that Apple spiders our RSS feed and caches it in their system. Nothing we can do about it, which is why we provide the links to directly download it.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391584)
Posted by Seibertron on June 19th, 2012 @ 9:30am CDT
xyl360 wrote:Also, one negative comment. Ryan, I LOVE your site and I LOVE the podcast, but often times your voice is way too loud. It may be just your mic or something, I'm not sure, but when you raise your voice during the podcast it's blaringly loud and you can tell that it redlines the mic input because it takes on almost a static/white noise quality to it. That makes it very difficult to listen to the podcast with headphones as it honestly hurts my ears. Nothing against you at all, I'm just being honest.


Thanks for the feedback, xyl360. I'll talk to the guys about it and see what suggestions they have. They haven't said anything about it during our recordings so I just assumed my levels were fine. Hopefully we can pinpoint what is causing this issue.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391610)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on June 19th, 2012 @ 12:01pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Wooooooow... that's boss. That is a giant Micron!


[-( I thought you had standards... Nothing you said made any sense..
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391615)
Posted by Zottoman on June 19th, 2012 @ 12:07pm CDT
Geez, $35 for a loose Dark Fang Wolf? I only got mine for £10
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391618)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on June 19th, 2012 @ 12:30pm CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Wooooooow... that's boss. That is a giant Micron!


[-( I thought you had standards... Nothing you said made any sense..


What was the context of that again...?
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391630)
Posted by Kibble on June 19th, 2012 @ 1:05pm CDT
It may or may not be official info, I dunno, but diving a little deeper into the VW and Porsche warbot thing...what I've read is that it supposedly has more to do with the fact that VW and Porsche have actual Nazi ties, thus the reason they don't want anything to further associate them back to that. So while Lambo may be a subsidiary of those companies, they at least don't have any connection to WWII or Nazis. If you buy into that, then we might not be any closer to licensed MP Bumblebee or Jazz.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391664)
Posted by Seibertron on June 19th, 2012 @ 2:08pm CDT
Kibble wrote:It may or may not be official info, I dunno, but diving a little deeper into the VW and Porsche warbot thing...what I've read is that it supposedly has more to do with the fact that VW and Porsche have actual Nazi ties, thus the reason they don't want anything to further associate them back to that. So while Lambo may be a subsidiary of those companies, they at least don't have any connection to WWII or Nazis. If you buy into that, then we might not be any closer to licensed MP Bumblebee or Jazz.


I think it's all just hearsay that's been repeated throughout the fandom so many times that fans just assume it's fact. If someone can point me to an official statement by Hasbro, VW, or Porsche I'd be very appreciative of seeing some factual statements instead of rumors and hearsay.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391669)
Posted by Kibble on June 19th, 2012 @ 2:18pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I think it's all just hearsay that's been repeated throughout the fandom so many times that fans just assume it's fact. If someone can point me to an official statement by Hasbro, VW, or Porsche I'd be very appreciative of seeing some factual statements instead of rumors and hearsay.


Yeah, don't know if it's factual, but if it is true, this reason seems to carry more weight than VW and Porsche don't want to be associated with warbots just because.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391676)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 19th, 2012 @ 2:42pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Also, one negative comment. Ryan, I LOVE your site and I LOVE the podcast, but often times your voice is way too loud. It may be just your mic or something, I'm not sure, but when you raise your voice during the podcast it's blaringly loud and you can tell that it redlines the mic input because it takes on almost a static/white noise quality to it. That makes it very difficult to listen to the podcast with headphones as it honestly hurts my ears. Nothing against you at all, I'm just being honest.


Is my voice still hella-sexy? ;)
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391684)
Posted by Kibble on June 19th, 2012 @ 3:03pm CDT
Oh BTW, Razorclaw, you forgot to drop a few SQUUUEEEE!s to go along with your SU&TMMs... ;)
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391688)
Posted by Seibertron on June 19th, 2012 @ 3:10pm CDT
By the way ... the title is my fault. Couldn't come up with a unique title, so I came up with something that had absolutely nothing to do with the episode. Title is from Marvel's Transformers #48.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391698)
Posted by ScottyP on June 19th, 2012 @ 3:42pm CDT
Oh snap, I got mentioned. Cool!

Another good episode, I'll get on itunes later and throw a review in there. Don't have it installed at work.

And dang Ryan, where'd you find that Dark Fang Wolf for $45? I impulse bought mine from TF Source for $60 and that's the cheapest I'd seen one in a minute.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391726)
Posted by Seibertron on June 19th, 2012 @ 4:46pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:Oh snap, I got mentioned. Cool!

Another good episode, I'll get on itunes later and throw a review in there. Don't have it installed at work.

And dang Ryan, where'd you find that Dark Fang Wolf for $45? I impulse bought mine from TF Source for $60 and that's the cheapest I'd seen one in a minute.


Just one of my saved searches on eBay ... no one outbid me, got it for an amount that I was interested in. Had no idea it got blown out 5 years or so ago, but it wasn't really something I was interested in back then. Slowly making my way through the Unicron Trilogy picking up variants and recolored exclusives. Galaxy Force DVD Excellion and Chromia/Minerva are at the top of my list if I can find them for around $50 each MIB (and yes, they go for that amount ... just have to know where to find them).

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574891718&toolid=10001&campid=5336631220&customid=transformers&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F150830573599%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1439.l2649%23ht_573wt_1392
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391738)
Posted by ScottyP on June 19th, 2012 @ 5:11pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Just one of my saved searches on eBay ... no one outbid me, got it for an amount that I was interested in. Had no idea it got blown out 5 years or so ago, but it wasn't really something I was interested in back then. Slowly making my way through the Unicron Trilogy picking up variants and recolored exclusives. Galaxy Force DVD Excellion and Chromia/Minerva are at the top of my list if I can find them for around $50 each MIB (and yes, they go for that amount ... just have to know where to find them).


We both still need the same Galaxy Force exclusives ;_; I can see some ebay battles in the future.

And I remember Dark Fang Wolf getting positively blown out price wise back in the day, I just never had any interest in it then. How times have changed.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391754)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 19th, 2012 @ 6:28pm CDT
When speaking of how FOC Cliffjumper has Prime Cliffjumper's head design, someone mentioned a "combined continuity between all the shows". That's not what the Aligned Continuity is. It's a new continuity containing a mixture of elements and pieces taken from every pre-2010 Transformers series, rather than a mixture of entire series together.

The Super Link Misha figure that you guys were talking about was a 3rd party product. It wasn't made by Takara or Hasbro or any official company, but it did show up at that one Wonderfest like you guys said.

EDIT: Also, Ryan, what you said about Deszaras is true. He wasn't in Zone. But, you say he's pictured on a card that came with the tape? That's odd. Can you post a pic of it?
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391763)
Posted by xyl360 on June 19th, 2012 @ 6:57pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Also, one negative comment. Ryan, I LOVE your site and I LOVE the podcast, but often times your voice is way too loud. It may be just your mic or something, I'm not sure, but when you raise your voice during the podcast it's blaringly loud and you can tell that it redlines the mic input because it takes on almost a static/white noise quality to it. That makes it very difficult to listen to the podcast with headphones as it honestly hurts my ears. Nothing against you at all, I'm just being honest.


Thanks for the feedback, xyl360. I'll talk to the guys about it and see what suggestions they have. They haven't said anything about it during our recordings so I just assumed my levels were fine. Hopefully we can pinpoint what is causing this issue.

Awesome, thanks :)!

Counterpunch wrote:Is my voice still hella-sexy? ;)
:lol: of course :P! You actually sound like you have a really good voice for radio.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391807)
Posted by 1111111222233333 on June 19th, 2012 @ 9:07pm CDT
I haven't finished listening to the podcast yet (I listen in increments on my work commute because transformer talk goes great with coffee), but I just wanted to say it is as awesome as it is hilarious that you named the podcast a random title from the comics. Genius.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391814)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 19th, 2012 @ 9:29pm CDT
KenjaminLinus wrote:I haven't finished listening to the podcast yet (I listen in increments on my work commute because transformer talk goes great with coffee), but I just wanted to say it is as awesome as it is hilarious that you named the podcast a random title from the comics. Genius.
Not necessarily random. The 48th podcast, the 48th chapter. :-B
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391815)
Posted by Bullycon on June 19th, 2012 @ 9:34pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Kibble wrote:It may or may not be official info, I dunno, but diving a little deeper into the VW and Porsche warbot thing...what I've read is that it supposedly has more to do with the fact that VW and Porsche have actual Nazi ties, thus the reason they don't want anything to further associate them back to that. So while Lambo may be a subsidiary of those companies, they at least don't have any connection to WWII or Nazis. If you buy into that, then we might not be any closer to licensed MP Bumblebee or Jazz.


I think it's all just hearsay that's been repeated throughout the fandom so many times that fans just assume it's fact. If someone can point me to an official statement by Hasbro, VW, or Porsche I'd be very appreciative of seeing some factual statements instead of rumors and hearsay.

Digging around Google, the rumor goes back to a statement apparently made "backstage" by Aaron Archer at OTFCC 2003. That's all I can find. So... official source, but still technically hearsay.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391816)
Posted by 1111111222233333 on June 19th, 2012 @ 9:39pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
KenjaminLinus wrote:I haven't finished listening to the podcast yet (I listen in increments on my work commute because transformer talk goes great with coffee), but I just wanted to say it is as awesome as it is hilarious that you named the podcast a random title from the comics. Genius.
Not necessarily random. The 48th podcast, the 48th chapter. :-B



Well that just makes way too much sense to be funny then. I retract my compliment, I'm done with this site. :michaelbay:
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391975)
Posted by Demonss on June 20th, 2012 @ 2:02pm CDT
Hi Gents,
Another great cast!

The debate about the size of Optimus Prime relative to the other bots is interesting, but OP was definitely shown as taller than the other bots throughout the series.

Now of course sizes varied from episode to episode which can sort of throw off this argument:
ImageImage

Yay consistency.

But as mentioned per the size chart they were supposed to follow for the cartoon it's correct Most come up to about his crotch:
Image

Also from a realistic stand point, the size difference between a car and a semi makes sense to produce bots sized differently like that.

Here's a few other Shots showing some of the relative sizes of characters:
Image

Here's a few pics from the first 2 episodes of G1 that show a good comprison with the Arc Bots (I captured this from the a video):
Image
Image
Image

Of course take that as you will as based on the perspective (optimus closer to the camera) there' a shot of sideswipe as he walks in front of him that would lead you to believe sideswipe is both wider, and taller than OP.
Image
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391977)
Posted by Demonss on June 20th, 2012 @ 2:12pm CDT
Oh yeah and Alternity Cliff and Bee fit in perfectly, I was curious when I got my MP-10 and took this pic.. And in my opinion they look damn good (except their feet)!
Image
Also Sideswipe by the looks of the sideswipe comparison pictures, he'll be taller than bee and cliff, which is also fitting to me.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1391978)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 20th, 2012 @ 2:17pm CDT
Yup, I'm super happy about MP Sideswipe's size.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1392109)
Posted by Seibertron on June 20th, 2012 @ 10:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:When speaking of how FOC Cliffjumper has Prime Cliffjumper's head design, someone mentioned a "combined continuity between all the shows". That's not what the Aligned Continuity is. It's a new continuity containing a mixture of elements and pieces taken from every pre-2010 Transformers series, rather than a mixture of entire series together.

The Super Link Misha figure that you guys were talking about was a 3rd party product. It wasn't made by Takara or Hasbro or any official company, but it did show up at that one Wonderfest like you guys said.

EDIT: Also, Ryan, what you said about Deszaras is true. He wasn't in Zone. But, you say he's pictured on a card that came with the tape? That's odd. Can you post a pic of it?


Cliffjumper: I must've missed that comment from someone. We found it humorous that the FE version was getting the G1 head and vice versa. Or maybe I didn't hear what someone said or I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

Misha: Too bad about the Misha figure. I thought it was official. Which company made her?

Deszaras and Zone: I knew he wasn't in Zone, but it's been at least a few years since I've seen the cartoon so I didn't argue the point. As for the pics, ask and ye shall receive ...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Crazy, huh? The side with the art with Deszaras looks like some kind of game. Are you supposed to use the Rabbicrater as a game piece with dice?
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1392153)
Posted by mattyc1007 on June 21st, 2012 @ 2:56am CDT
Just downloaded it, can't wait to listen to it :)

Demonss wrote:Oh yeah and Alternity Cliff and Bee fit in perfectly, I was curious when I got my MP-10 and took this pic.. And in my opinion they look damn good (except their feet)!
Image
Also Sideswipe by the looks of the sideswipe comparison pictures, he'll be taller than bee and cliff, which is also fitting to me.

Nice table ;)
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1392168)
Posted by Demonss on June 21st, 2012 @ 4:19am CDT
hahha Thanks.
My dinning room table and my kitchen counter pull photo duty fairly often, and then the photo box if I'm taking more than a quick snap shot.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1395381)
Posted by TulioDude on June 28th, 2012 @ 10:40pm CDT
Nice Podcast!

Idont have an Itunes account.
So acording to Jon RiD,Armada,Cybertron,the movies and Prime are wrong? :-?
I'm excited for the Masterpiece line.


Good show guys! ;)^
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1395948)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 30th, 2012 @ 5:21pm CDT
Completely agree with Jon 3.0's comment about the animation quality of 'Call of The Primitives'. That episode, along with 'Nightmare Planet' are, in my opinion, the best examples from the whole of G1.

"Predaking has the power. HE NEEDS NOTHING MORE!"

It's cool that Metroplex is going to be in Fall of Cybertron but I can't say I'm impressed with how. From what we've been shown his artillery strikes seem kinda pitiful for a city sized Transformer.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1397152)
Posted by Vile MK III on July 4th, 2012 @ 8:42pm CDT
Is this the Wonderfest Misha in question?
http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1630/

Its roughly in scale with Hasbro's Energon Kicker. I actually have it but havn't had any time to star working on it. :oops:
Re: Twincast / Podcast #48 "The Flames of Boltax!" (1397291)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 5th, 2012 @ 10:14am CDT
Vile MK III wrote:Is this the Wonderfest Misha in question?
http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1630/

Its roughly in scale with Hasbro's Energon Kicker. I actually have it but havn't had any time to star working on it. :oops:


It's not the one I was thinking of, but it's pretty cool never the less.