Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012"

Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 3:14AM CDT

Categories: Event News, Media, Podcast, Toy News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 64,847

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Riding high on the news and big reveals from San Diego Comic Con 2012, Seibertron.com is proud to present a brand new Twincast/Podcast episode! Your host Counterpunch and guests Razorclaw and Tigertracks tackle the late breaking news from Thursday's Hasbro product panels and displays while Seibertron and jON3.0 are away covering SDCC in person. The episode may be downloaded from iTunes, our RSS feed, and directly.

Non-SDCC topics
  • Regeneration One #81
  • Transformers Animated on the Hub, in HD!
  • BW Neo on DVD in Japan
  • CM Corps Minerva
  • Fall of Cybertron toys on the shelves

SDCC topics (in no particular order)

Image

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401716)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 17th, 2012 @ 5:24pm CDT
Guys...toldja about that Thundercracker.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401736)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2012 @ 6:42pm CDT
The podcast is refusing to download for me. :-(

I've tried both the direct link and RSS feed link (I don't have iTunes), and neither wants to download.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401740)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 17th, 2012 @ 6:54pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The podcast is refusing to download for me. :-(

I've tried both the direct link and RSS feed link (I don't have iTunes), and neither wants to download.


Anyone else having this issue?
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401744)
Posted by Kibble on July 17th, 2012 @ 7:13pm CDT
Download worked for me...made me SQUEEE!, too. Although I downloaded direct from the site.

I wish they'd choose a friggin' way to place the faction symbols on the MP seekers wings (all seekers for that matter) and stick with it. While my pref would be for them to be more toon accurate and do them upside down in bot mode, it mostly just drives me nuts that they do them one way for one and the other for the next. Call me anal...
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401745)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 17th, 2012 @ 7:16pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The podcast is refusing to download for me. :-(

I've tried both the direct link and RSS feed link (I don't have iTunes), and neither wants to download.


Anyone else having this issue?


Yeah i'm having this problem as well
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401750)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2012 @ 7:39pm CDT
Okay, I tried one more time and it did finally manage to download, but it took a really super long time, with the estimated time given as "Not Known" throughout the whole duration.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401759)
Posted by omegasupreme235 on July 17th, 2012 @ 7:58pm CDT
Why is it not showing on itunes?
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401763)
Posted by TulioDude on July 17th, 2012 @ 8:11pm CDT
Cool podacst!

You guys will be using the FOC voyagers in your classics collection?
What guys think about the chance that the DOTM figures that havent made to this side,might get released?
What guys think of Prime Ultra Magnus after SDCC?


This new amazon Optimus being more accurate?I will have to watch the movie again.



Good work to everyone,icluding Ryan.The speed of the news and photos from SDCC was pretty amazing. ;)^
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401861)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 18th, 2012 @ 8:22am CDT
Counterpunch, Energon Swoop is passable? You can't be serious. Those Energon Dinobots are garbage. If we don't get a new Swoop I'm punching people.
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401870)
Posted by joevill on July 18th, 2012 @ 8:43am CDT
Another well done episode guys.

Tigertracks, I do feel ripped off with the Hasbro reveals at Botcon compared to SDCC.

Razorclaw0000, your not going to get the Optimus Maximus? Come on! It's awesome! :) It reminds me of the GoBots powersuits and I am going to put a legends Optimus Prime toy in each limb. I think I have enough legends Optimus Primes to do that. I hope anyway. ;) BTW I think Wheelie looks great too!

Counterpunch, I love your reply to TulioDude's question "If could give the power to talk to one of your figures,wich one would it be?"
That YouTube clip I tweeted you from Grandma's boy ran through my mind and I had an laugh out loud moment.

(Had to pull the link on that one. -Staff)
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401898)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 18th, 2012 @ 10:06am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:Counterpunch, Energon Swoop is passable? You can't be serious. Those Energon Dinobots are garbage. If we don't get a new Swoop I'm punching people.
:BOT:


Grimlock is garbage. Swoop is legit, not perfect, but passable.

Full range of movement, blue chest, headcrest, better than decent alt mode.

Only real problem is his arm connections in bot mode.

Though I win either way. Either we get a new and improved Swoop, or I get to watch you punch people. I'm hyped.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401905)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 18th, 2012 @ 10:24am CDT
TulioDude wrote:Cool podacst!

You guys will be using the FOC voyagers in your classics collection?


I am thinking that select FOC toys will be on my IDW shelf. So far Jazz ws shown in the most recent issue of RID strumming a bass (instrument not fish), and I think the Blaster is close, but not exact to a passable Blaster from his Spotlight. I mean it's not like HASBRO makes many Blasters, so I want a reason to keep this on my shelf too.

Soundwave. Probably not. Device Label has still worked the best for me for my CLASSICS shelf.

Soundblaster will go on my 'black variants and black exclusives' shelf.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401907)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 18th, 2012 @ 10:31am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:Counterpunch, Energon Swoop is passable? You can't be serious. Those Energon Dinobots are garbage. If we don't get a new Swoop I'm punching people.
:BOT:


Grimlock is garbage. Swoop is legit, not perfect, but passable.

Full range of movement, blue chest, headcrest, better than decent alt mode.

Only real problem is his arm connections in bot mode.

Though I win either way. Either we get a new and improved Swoop, or I get to watch you punch people. I'm hyped.

In TF toys, there isn't much more I hate than figures that won't lock into whatever mode they're meant to be in. His arms make me want to smash things. Here's where I'm coming from with Swoop too. He's one my absolute favorite TF characters. He's really only ever had one decent figure IMO and that's the G1 version. Even that is pretty arguable. In fact, I'd venture to say it's NOT good. I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with you here. Those figures were never part of my Classics collection and never will be. They simply aren't worthy no matter how hard you try to justify it. ;) Also, it may only be myself I end up punching for still having faith in Hasbro to do right by the fans with more Dinobots. I'm well aware that we are likely to only get Grimlock.
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401909)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 18th, 2012 @ 10:35am CDT
I wish I would have called MIke on that on the podcast. I am not a fan of Energon Swoop either, other than it being another set of dinobots, and they do something unique in somewhat combining together... sort of.

Mine E-Swoop is not in my classics set either. He's with my dino collection. And I hate what his arms do too. Always frustrates me.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402010)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 18th, 2012 @ 12:49pm CDT
Even with my defense of the toy, I still only said "passable"... :-(
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402142)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 18th, 2012 @ 7:01pm CDT
So I just now got to the podcast, yay a link worked :3, anyhow fun podcast with the three of you.So when you mentioned that the FE prime figures returning, would include bumblebee I'll admit I was slightly disappointed seeing as FE bumblebee is pretty cheap and is still on HTS.com, but oh well at least FE Vehicon is being re-released.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402175)
Posted by TulioDude on July 18th, 2012 @ 9:17pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
I am thinking that select FOC toys will be on my IDW shelf. So far Jazz ws shown in the most recent issue of RID strumming a bass (instrument not fish), and I think the Blaster is close, but not exact to a passable Blaster from his Spotlight. I mean it's not like HASBRO makes many Blasters, so I want a reason to keep this on my shelf too.



Had forgotten IDW.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402177)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 18th, 2012 @ 9:24pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote: He's really only ever had one decent figure IMO and that's the G1 version. Even that is pretty arguable. In fact, I'd venture to say it's NOT good.


His G1 alt mode is arguably the BEST alt mode of all the G1 Dinobots. It's toon accurate and the alt mode head is spectacular.
Snarl takes a close second, IMO.

I would never say or even "venture" to say that the G1 Swoop is NOT good. It's excellent to me.
8)
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402182)
Posted by TulioDude on July 18th, 2012 @ 9:47pm CDT
What about Animated Swoop?
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402207)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 18th, 2012 @ 11:08pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:So I just now got to the podcast, yay a link worked :3, anyhow fun podcast with the three of you.So when you mentioned that the FE prime figures returning, would include bumblebee I'll admit I was slightly disappointed seeing as FE bumblebee is pretty cheap and is still on HTS.com, but oh well at least FE Vehicon is being re-released.
FE Bumblebee is not coming. They messed up when they said that he's coming and Arcee isn't.

The Hasbro TF Brand panel revealed that Starscream, Vehicon, Arcee and Terrorcon Cliffjumper are coming, but not Bumblebee (or regular Cliffjumper).
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402257)
Posted by Hoitytoity on July 19th, 2012 @ 4:12am CDT
I'm having problems with the download too; I can get it to start, but it's strangely slow and cuts out after a few minutes. The most I've been able to get is half :\
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402273)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 19th, 2012 @ 6:09am CDT
TulioDude wrote:What about Animated Swoop?

Totally blanked on him. Oddly enough, he's maybe four feet from me and completely in my line of sight.
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402396)
Posted by Savage on July 19th, 2012 @ 2:48pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
TulioDude wrote:What about Animated Swoop?

Totally blanked on him. Oddly enough, he's maybe four feet from me and completely in my line of sight.
:BOT:


Animated Swoop is my current Classics Swoop, but I'd love to see FoC replace him.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402580)
Posted by Blurrz on July 20th, 2012 @ 4:15am CDT
Wreckers combiner is stoopid.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402587)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 20th, 2012 @ 6:04am CDT
Blurrz wrote:Wreckers combiner is stoopid.

Yup. I'd gladly take all of those characters as non combining toys. Hell, collect all five to assemble your own non-transforming Xaaron. He never shows an alt mode in the comics does he?
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402664)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2012 @ 11:01am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Wreckers combiner is stoopid.

Yup. I'd gladly take all of those characters as non combining toys. Hell, collect all five to assemble your own non-transforming Xaaron. He never shows an alt mode in the comics does he?
:BOT:
Yes and no. He never transforms into his altmode as doing so could potentially kill him since he hadn't transformed in eons. But, we do know that is altmode is a tank.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402764)
Posted by lonrac on July 20th, 2012 @ 5:34pm CDT
so how long do you think until the collectors club 'reboots' and starts another five year campaign with the new combaticons as their club figure...
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402802)
Posted by TulioDude on July 20th, 2012 @ 8:23pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Wreckers combiner is stoopid.


You dont have to combine them,if you dont want to. ;)
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402807)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 20th, 2012 @ 8:38pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Wreckers combiner is stoopid.


You dont have to combine them,if you dont want to. ;)


Yeah I mean, that's what I was going to do if I got all of them, doubtful, they'd be there and i'd pretend the ruination combination was never there to begin withImage
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402811)
Posted by Blurrz on July 20th, 2012 @ 8:55pm CDT
I don't want to fanboy freakout here but...

Top Spin and Twin Twist are twins in the latest IDW fiction, that gives me the notion that they should look similar, both in design and colors. Now you can probably say, hey Blurrz, you and your comics can go fuck yourselves, but hey, the notion of a Wreckers combiner is all in all because of the comics, The success of IDW's LSOTW and the beauty that is it's successor, MTMTE are the reasons why we are even getting something like this. TS and TT don't look similar in form at all, and they don't even look like they're on the same bloody team.

Impactor and Roadbuster are meant to be beasts. They aren't supposed to be these small miniature deluxe class figures that we are forced to believe they are. They deserve better iterations than this. Whirl looks like shit. These are FoC/Prime toys at best and deserve to stay in that universe. Honestly these don't deserve to cross the barrier into Classics shelf, they are diminutive and just lack anything really. The sad thing is also, with the retardation that is the current distribution of toys I'm sure even if one were to wish to acquire all of the Wreckers, the more in-demand ones will likely fly off the store shelves and will remain never to be seen.

I know that the majority of you don't have the customization skills or the dough to backtrack older lines to complete the pseudo-Wreckers cast, and I respect that. No big deal. It's just the sad thing is that this is probably the only notion in the toy form that these Wrecker characters are going to get. Fuck me and my comics.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1403452)
Posted by Demonss on July 23rd, 2012 @ 12:34pm CDT
Gentlemen..
Great podcast! I'm hoping you can help me out here..
I'm very excited for MP thundercracker to arrive state side.. But I've got US versions of skywarp and Starscream..

What I wanted to do was take the head off thundercracker and put it on the starscream.. Is anyone willing to pop the heads off the ball joints and see if the ball joints are the same size and can be done (will it store away properly?).
My initial thoughts are that it will work, but I'm anxious to know.
I figure I can survive with my starscream having the cool head and the other two with the old style heads.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1403549)
Posted by Savage on July 23rd, 2012 @ 6:03pm CDT
Demonss wrote:Gentlemen..
Great podcast! I'm hoping you can help me out here..
I'm very excited for MP thundercracker to arrive state side.. But I've got US versions of skywarp and Starscream..

What I wanted to do was take the head off thundercracker and put it on the starscream.. Is anyone willing to pop the heads off the ball joints and see if the ball joints are the same size and can be done (will it store away properly?).
My initial thoughts are that it will work, but I'm anxious to know.
I figure I can survive with my starscream having the cool head and the other two with the old style heads.


Considering that Thundercracker will be using the new MP Seeker mold (and is therefore smaller than Starscream and Skywarp), I would guess that the ball on Thundercracker's head will be too small for the joint on Starscream. As for the reverse, I'd likewise guess that Starscream's head ball will be too big for Thundercracker. However, I don't own any of the new smaller MP Seekers, so I cannot say for sure. Someone will need to take the heads off both sizes of MP Seekers and compare.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1403563)
Posted by Kibble on July 23rd, 2012 @ 7:08pm CDT
The new seeker mold is the same size as the old. Don't know if the heads are interchangeable, though.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1403611)
Posted by Demonss on July 23rd, 2012 @ 9:49pm CDT
Savage wrote:
Demonss wrote:Gentlemen..
Great podcast! I'm hoping you can help me out here..
I'm very excited for MP thundercracker to arrive state side.. But I've got US versions of skywarp and Starscream..

What I wanted to do was take the head off thundercracker and put it on the starscream.. Is anyone willing to pop the heads off the ball joints and see if the ball joints are the same size and can be done (will it store away properly?).
My initial thoughts are that it will work, but I'm anxious to know.
I figure I can survive with my starscream having the cool head and the other two with the old style heads.


Considering that Thundercracker will be using the new MP Seeker mold (and is therefore smaller than Starscream and Skywarp), I would guess that the ball on Thundercracker's head will be too small for the joint on Starscream. As for the reverse, I'd likewise guess that Starscream's head ball will be too big for Thundercracker. However, I don't own any of the new smaller MP Seekers, so I cannot say for sure. Someone will need to take the heads off both sizes of MP Seekers and compare.


You are confused. the remolded starscream is just that.. remolded.. he isn't scaled any differently.
so the question still stands about the ability to swap heads. :)
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1411740)
Posted by lonrac on August 20th, 2012 @ 2:04pm CDT
I hope in Regeneration one, that they let us know what happened to Buster and Jessie....