Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012"

Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 3:14AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Media, Podcast
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 76,825

Riding high on the news and big reveals from San Diego Comic Con 2012, Seibertron.com is proud to present a brand new Twincast/Podcast episode! Your host Counterpunch and guests Razorclaw and Tigertracks tackle the late breaking news from Thursday's Hasbro product panels and displays while Seibertron and jON3.0 are away covering SDCC in person. The episode may be downloaded from iTunes, our RSS feed, and directly.

Non-SDCC topics
  • Regeneration One #81
  • Transformers Animated on the Hub, in HD!
  • BW Neo on DVD in Japan
  • CM Corps Minerva
  • Fall of Cybertron toys on the shelves

SDCC topics (in no particular order)

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401716)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 17th, 2012 @ 5:24pm CDT
Guys...toldja about that Thundercracker.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401736)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2012 @ 6:42pm CDT
The podcast is refusing to download for me. :-(

I've tried both the direct link and RSS feed link (I don't have iTunes), and neither wants to download.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401740)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 17th, 2012 @ 6:54pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The podcast is refusing to download for me. :-(

Anyone else having this issue?
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401744)
Posted by Kibble on July 17th, 2012 @ 7:13pm CDT
Download worked for me...made me SQUEEE!, too. Although I downloaded direct from the site.

I wish they'd choose a friggin' way to place the faction symbols on the MP seekers wings (all seekers for that matter) and stick with it. While my pref would be for them to be more toon accurate and do them upside down in bot mode, it mostly just drives me nuts that they do them one way for one and the other for the next. Call me anal...
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401745)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 17th, 2012 @ 7:16pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The podcast is refusing to download for me. :-(

Anyone else having this issue?

Yeah i'm having this problem as well
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401750)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2012 @ 7:39pm CDT
Okay, I tried one more time and it did finally manage to download, but it took a really super long time, with the estimated time given as "Not Known" throughout the whole duration.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401759)
Posted by omegasupreme235 on July 17th, 2012 @ 7:58pm CDT
Why is it not showing on itunes?
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401763)
Posted by TulioDude on July 17th, 2012 @ 8:11pm CDT
Cool podacst!

You guys will be using the FOC voyagers in your classics collection?
What guys think about the chance that the DOTM figures that havent made to this side,might get released?
What guys think of Prime Ultra Magnus after SDCC?

This new amazon Optimus being more accurate?I will have to watch the movie again.

Good work to everyone,icluding Ryan.The speed of the news and photos from SDCC was pretty amazing. ;)^
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401861)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 18th, 2012 @ 8:22am CDT
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401870)
Posted by joevill on July 18th, 2012 @ 8:43am CDT
Another well done episode guys.

Tigertracks, I do feel ripped off with the Hasbro reveals at Botcon compared to SDCC.

Razorclaw0000, your not going to get the Optimus Maximus? Come on! It's awesome! :) It reminds me of the GoBots powersuits and I am going to put a legends Optimus Prime toy in each limb. I think I have enough legends Optimus Primes to do that. I hope anyway. ;) BTW I think Wheelie looks great too!

Counterpunch, I love your reply to TulioDude's question "If could give the power to talk to one of your figures,wich one would it be?"
That YouTube clip I tweeted you from Grandma's boy ran through my mind and I had an laugh out loud moment.

(Had to pull the link on that one. -Staff)
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401898)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 18th, 2012 @ 10:06am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:Counterpunch, Energon Swoop is passable? You can't be serious. Those Energon Dinobots are garbage. If we don't get a new Swoop I'm punching people.
:BOT:

Grimlock is garbage. Swoop is legit, not perfect, but passable.

Full range of movement, blue chest, headcrest, better than decent alt mode.

Only real problem is his arm connections in bot mode.

Though I win either way. Either we get a new and improved Swoop, or I get to watch you punch people. I'm hyped.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401905)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 18th, 2012 @ 10:24am CDT
TulioDude wrote:Cool podacst!

You guys will be using the FOC voyagers in your classics collection?

I am thinking that select FOC toys will be on my IDW shelf. So far Jazz ws shown in the most recent issue of RID strumming a bass (instrument not fish), and I think the Blaster is close, but not exact to a passable Blaster from his Spotlight. I mean it's not like HASBRO makes many Blasters, so I want a reason to keep this on my shelf too.

Soundwave. Probably not. Device Label has still worked the best for me for my CLASSICS shelf.

Soundblaster will go on my 'black variants and black exclusives' shelf.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401907)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 18th, 2012 @ 10:31am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
:BOT:

Grimlock is garbage. Swoop is legit, not perfect, but passable.

Full range of movement, blue chest, headcrest, better than decent alt mode.

Only real problem is his arm connections in bot mode.

In TF toys, there isn't much more I hate than figures that won't lock into whatever mode they're meant to be in. His arms make me want to smash things. Here's where I'm coming from with Swoop too. He's one my absolute favorite TF characters. He's really only ever had one decent figure IMO and that's the G1 version. Even that is pretty arguable. In fact, I'd venture to say it's NOT good. I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with you here. Those figures were never part of my Classics collection and never will be. They simply aren't worthy no matter how hard you try to justify it. ;) Also, it may only be myself I end up punching for still having faith in Hasbro to do right by the fans with more Dinobots. I'm well aware that we are likely to only get Grimlock.
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1401909)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 18th, 2012 @ 10:35am CDT
I wish I would have called MIke on that on the podcast. I am not a fan of Energon Swoop either, other than it being another set of dinobots, and they do something unique in somewhat combining together... sort of.

Mine E-Swoop is not in my classics set either. He's with my dino collection. And I hate what his arms do too. Always frustrates me.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402010)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 18th, 2012 @ 12:49pm CDT
Even with my defense of the toy, I still only said "passable"... :-(
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402142)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 18th, 2012 @ 7:01pm CDT
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402175)
Posted by TulioDude on July 18th, 2012 @ 9:17pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:

Had forgotten IDW.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402177)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 18th, 2012 @ 9:24pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote: He's really only ever had one decent figure IMO and that's the G1 version. Even that is pretty arguable. In fact, I'd venture to say it's NOT good.

His G1 alt mode is arguably the BEST alt mode of all the G1 Dinobots. It's toon accurate and the alt mode head is spectacular.
Snarl takes a close second, IMO.

I would never say or even "venture" to say that the G1 Swoop is NOT good. It's excellent to me.
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402182)
Posted by TulioDude on July 18th, 2012 @ 9:47pm CDT
What about Animated Swoop?
Re: Twincast / Podcast #50 "SDCC 2012" (1402207)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 18th, 2012 @ 11:08pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:So I just now got to the podcast, yay a link worked :3, anyhow fun podcast with the three of you.So when you mentioned that the FE prime figures returning, would include bumblebee I'll admit I was slightly disappointed seeing as FE bumblebee is pretty cheap and is still on HTS.com, but oh well at least FE Vehicon is being re-released.
FE Bumblebee is not coming. They messed up when they said that he's coming and Arcee isn't.

The Hasbro TF Brand panel revealed that Starscream, Vehicon, Arcee and Terrorcon Cliffjumper are coming, but not Bumblebee (or regular Cliffjumper).

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS IRONHIDE New in Box (XLO 316) - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 58 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers 1989 C-327 VICTORY LEO G1 TAKARA Rare! - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 46 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Generations WHEELJACK - sealed MOSC Deluxe figure Classics - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 46 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Universe Lugnut Decepticon Reveal the Shield MISB TF:Animated - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 47 minutes 40 seconds
VINTAGE* (OG) 1986 JAPANESE "TRANSFORMERS" PREDAKING-TANTRUM D-76  METAL BODY! - Time Remaining: 8 days 9 hours 47 minutes 46 seconds
Vintage G2 Transformers Megatron Go-bots MOSC and IronHide MOSC LOT OF 2 LOOK! - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 51 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Generations Autobot Intel Ops Blaster and Perceptor NIB - Time Remaining: 28 days 21 hours 52 minutes 31 seconds
NEW! ~ Transformers Henkei Deluxe Class - Bumblebee C-02 ~ UNOPENED! - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 56 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive