Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"

Wednesday, April 8th, 2015 6:45PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: megatronus   Views: 57,526

Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. This episode features your prodigal host Counterpunch, master of this universe Seibertron, the always exceptional ScottyP, the very metal xRotorstormx, and dark horse Megatronus, who may or may not have ghost written this very post!

Episode #114 "Brainmasters" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

First, we take a look at what Transformers are all about for some folks: toys! And boy, do we have a lot to talk about. Most of the Twincast has MP-24 Star Saber in hand, is this latest entry worthy of the title "Masterpiece"? More importantly, will the Twincast crew be successful in Counterpunch-ing xRotorstormx into purchasing this figure on air? Listen and find out.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"
Which is G1... and which is the Masterpiece?

But wait, there's more - despite Super Serious Tobacco Attorney's (or Harvey Birdman's?) best efforts, MP-25 Exhaust has arrived. The highly anticipated redeco of Masterpiece Wheeljack has been uncertain in its release and difficult to obtain, but the Twincast has you covered. Sit back as we discuss the merits of this figure, and the amazingly hazy galleries Seibertron photographed for your viewing pleasure.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"
The site owner may or may not have been harmed in the making of this gallery.

Then, we have a very special treat for our listeners... a short topic! The Twincast very, very briefly gives their thoughts on the recently announced, and oh so very Diaclone, MP-18B Bluestreak.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"
Body of Prowl. Heart of Streak.

Next up: Combiner Wars. Images of the new Quickslinger and Breakneck (AKA Slingshot and Wildrider) are here. What do we think of these figures? Are they a welcome addition to the Generations fold, or does the Twincast like Alpha Bravo and Offroad just a wee bit better?
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"
Options.

Botcon 2015 in Chicago is coming up fast, and this is already proving to be an interesting year. We have the first Cybertron's Most Wanted Box Set reveal: ittttt's Packrat! Will the Twincast crew be picking this homage up? What does the crew think about the rabid speculation on the Box Set's remaining characters?
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"
Once a Rattrap redeco, always a Rattrap redeco.

Way better images of the new, simplified Cyber Series sub-line are out and about. What do we think of these 7” and 11" figures? Also, maybe they're already available in South America? Where's our Brazilian correspondent? Listen to our rueful ramblings to learn more.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"
My truck's bigger than yours.

Images of Takara Legends LG-13 Megatron have finally arrived, and the differences between this and Hasbro's version are both minor and controversial. We're full of opinions and nitpicks when it comes to the Decepticon leader. Which Twincast crew-members plan to import the big guy, and who already has one (or two)?
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"
To G1, or not to G1? That, is the question.

Movies - lots and lots of movies. Or, at least, that's what we've been told to expect. Paramount is looking to expand the Transformers movieverse, Marvel-style. What does the crew make of this news? And, more importantly, what would the Twincast like to see down the line?
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"
HINT: this. Maybe.

Our penultimate topic for this broadcast: A listener question! Seibertron.com member CombaticonsCombine? asks about Bruticus in our "Ask The Twincast" thread, and we reply on air. The Twincast is pretty unanimous on this one.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"
Just a matter of time.

Remember, if you want to hear your questions answered by us "professionals", leave it in the Ask the Twincast thread. We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously, so if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.

We finish up the Twincast with some bragging rights. What did everyone get since the last recording? Well, besides Star Saber and Exhaust, that is.
Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters"
So... how about that backstory?

Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1672964)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 8th, 2015 @ 7:13pm CDT
Scotty, what counts as the April "fools", because you and Counterpunch make about as many flippant comments as I do. Also am I looking for a post, or tweet or what.

If it's a post the only thing i've got is:
ScottyP wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Loose Cannon, BotCon 2012 as an appearance (last), SG, a red and white Jazz... SG Ricochet?

I have a convoluted guess on this one, using a starting assumption that this is the Red colored RtS Jazz mold: SG Treadshot.

But wait, didn't we already have one of those in 2012? Yes, yes we did, but this is a different SG Treadshot. The one in 2012 was Heroic Decepticon Treadshot, the mirror-universe counterpart to the 2003 Universe 1.0 character. This is Evil Autobot Treadshot, the mirror-universe counterpart to Action Master Treadshot/the Timelines one from last year's sub service.

This is also "The Loose Cannon", and Treadshot's couple of bios seem to indicate that he really just likes shooting things.

But wait, why is he a car? My thoughts: colored like the Universe 1.0 Treadshot, with the head mold from the Sub Service one on it to give that a re-use, because no one really needs the deluxe Warpath mold in red again and there's an existing homage of an evil Treadshot all ready to go.

I will await to be wrong!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1672965)
Posted by ScottyP on April 8th, 2015 @ 7:16pm CDT

As for the April Fool's thing, we'll just have to wait and see who finds it :)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1672976)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 8th, 2015 @ 7:41pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:^ That post was dead-on serious. Like, that is my actual real speculation about that figure.

As for the April Fool's thing, we'll just have to wait and see who finds it :)

The problem with this is comedy is subjective, also I don't stalk you. But Damn it I want that Exhaust!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1672979)
Posted by ScottyP on April 8th, 2015 @ 7:48pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:But Damn it I want that Exhaust!

That part was a lie. I do have some spare Goldie figures.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1672980)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 8th, 2015 @ 7:53pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:But Damn it I want that Exhaust!

That part was a lie. I do have some spare Goldie figures.

I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1672991)
Posted by megatronus on April 8th, 2015 @ 9:08pm CDT
Thanks for the ghost shout out!

As the ghost, this is entirely my fault, but would a news staff please change "Akpha Bravo" to "Alpha Bravo" in the section about Quickslinger and Brakeneck?

D'oh!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1672994)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 8th, 2015 @ 9:24pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:But Damn it I want that Exhaust!

That part was a lie. I do have some spare Goldie figures.

I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:

I wish I could favorite this.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1672995)
Posted by megatronus on April 8th, 2015 @ 9:26pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:But Damn it I want that Exhaust!

That part was a lie. I do have some spare Goldie figures.

I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:

I wish I could favorite this.

You would, Sir Snarks a'lot. ;)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1673003)
Posted by Seibertron on April 8th, 2015 @ 9:56pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Thanks for the ghost shout out!

D'oh!

Fixed!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1673006)
Posted by Flashwave on April 8th, 2015 @ 10:15pm CDT
Hey Mike

Pickin a nit, only because your talking about one of my favorite "Superbikes".

TFC Groove turns into a Dodge Tomahawk.

And you're wrong, you are not straddling a V6; but let me give you the full story

A few years ago, someone at Dodge said "We need a better way to wheel out and show off the Dodge Viper engine." And someone else said "Let's put wheels on it." And then someone said "Let's put a seat too." Which was shortly followed by "Hey, let's just make it a motorcycle."

And then someone with more money than sense said "I want to buy that."

---
No, it's not a V6 engine. You have between your legs a V10. That's 1 cylinder for the weight of the rider, 1 cylinder for the weight of the Motorcycle, and 8 cylinders PURE AND UNBRIDLED TESTOSTERONE.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1673007)
Posted by Doom Saber on April 8th, 2015 @ 10:19pm CDT

Also, I got my Exhaust on ebay for $89 shipped from a seller from Japan. That said, the figures are definitely inflated. I regretted not buying another from the same seller since I keep this one in the box and he had five. Someone else bought all 3 three after someone else after me bought one.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1673011)
Posted by Flashwave on April 8th, 2015 @ 10:28pm CDT
Doom Saber wrote:I noticed that the podcast didn't mention how the metal exhausts on the feet can be folded into the red feet. Because of that, it could be used for a possible Victory Leo extension.

They do? I see the pin for the hinge, but mine are so stiff I thought that it was just attached funny
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1673015)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 8th, 2015 @ 10:50pm CDT
Also, some people didn't like the eggs? Call me out by name I don't mind. After all I was the one dude who got called out by Pete about it.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1673026)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 9th, 2015 @ 12:25am CDT
Flashwave wrote:Hey Mike

Pickin a nit, only because your talking about one of my favorite "Superbikes".

TFC Groove turns into a Dodge Tomahawk.

And then someone with more money than sense said "I want to buy that."

---

Hence Groove's new motto: Vroom Vroom muthafucka!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1673150)
Posted by ScottyP on April 9th, 2015 @ 10:08am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Hence Groove's new motto: Vroom Vroom muthafucka!

I prefer something else for his motto -

SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:

This is going in my sig in a few minutes :lol:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1673275)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 9th, 2015 @ 3:54pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:

This is going in my sig in a few minutes :lol:

You broke my heart, you broke my heart.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1673489)
Posted by Va'al on April 10th, 2015 @ 5:03am CDT
I really enjoyed this episode, I had many a chuckle on planes and train back to the UK. :D

(And I'm glad the PCC bashing train was halted thanks to my imposing, offline presence. It makes one feel goooood. :P)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1673694)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 10th, 2015 @ 7:18pm CDT
I think there's a few things on Star Saber that need to be mentioned. Instead of looking at the two sword hilts as big/small, or Saber's/Star Saber's, think more along the lines of Cartoon and Toy accurate. The larger hilt that's made from Saber's nosecone is toy accurate since that's how it was on the figure, although the blade was able to face forward. The smaller hilt is actually what it looked like in the cartoon and is in better proportion to the larger toy. As was mentioned it's this hilt that allows the blade to face edge forward and frees the wrist for more dynamic poses. That extended hilt is there just for two handed poses which works well. My big complaint has to do with Saber and its arms. They're molded on an angle down to the hands, which results in the figure not holding the Saber Laser straight without bending the arm wildly.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1674138)
Posted by Convoy on April 11th, 2015 @ 10:04pm CDT

I got the MTMTE vol. 2 TPB in the mail and I may very well pick up the rest. Then I can weigh in on the topic without sounding like a lost dummy!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #114 "Brainmasters" (1674192)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 11th, 2015 @ 11:42pm CDT
Convoy wrote:Patience is the key to buying Blu Ray or CD. Personally, I've been snatching up Blurays for about 5 bucks a pop. It's pretty close to an HD rental that you get to keep. When it comes to music I buy the CD with Amazon Prime, get the mp3 download on the spot and a couple days later I get an official hardcopy backup that I can legally share.

That Amazon Auto Rip is wonderful. It's great for pre-ordered Cds because you can listen a good day before you get your copy.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Collectors Club 2014 Figure Subscription 2.0 Fisitron Unopened New - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 33 minutes 14 seconds
transformers collectors club fisitron - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 50 minutes 26 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COLLECTORS CLUB Jackpot TFCC Timelines Sealed Autobot Decepticon - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 29 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club TFCC 1.0 Scourge Nemesis Prime MIB UNUSED - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 9 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Timelines TCC TFSS 2.0 Rewind Eject - Time Remaining: 9 days 1 hour 12 minutes 54 seconds
HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS TIMELINES--FISITRON FIGURE (LOOK) CLUB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 9 days 7 hours 20 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers TFCC Club Exclusive Scourge 2013 TFSS MIB Unused - Time Remaining: 10 days 3 hours 4 minutes 36 seconds
HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS TIMELINES--CIRCUIT FIGURE (LOOK) CLUB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 10 days 5 hours 30 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #163 - Through The Space Hole