Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated"

Monday, March 26th, 2012 12:14PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 80,929

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Take a listen to the latest Twincast as the crew pals around with all the latest news and information from the last two weeks. You can download the latest episode here, or from our RSS feed, or finally from iTunes. Join host Counterpunch, along with regular cast members Tigertracks, Razorclaw, and Seibertron as they dissect the news from Cybertron Con and prepare for the launch of Regeneration One.

  • Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown
  • Rumors about a possible Transformers Encore Fortress Maximus reissue
  • Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe) and hints at a Soundwave
  • Transformers Prime Rumble and Kup
  • Generations War for Cybertron Starscream
  • Asian-exclusive repaints of Brawl, Brawn, G2 Megatron, Springer, and many more
  • Transformers Prime Cyberverse Bumblebee Battle Suit
  • Transformers Prime Bumblebee and Starscream Entertainment Pack released in Canada
  • Commercial for Hasbro's Transformers Prime toy line
  • A close look at Takara Tomy's Arms Micron figures out of package
  • Transformers the Ride Evac
  • Masterpiece Sunstorm
  • Shattered Glass G2 Prime
  • No 3rd Party or unlicensed products at BotCon 2012
  • Simon Furman and Chris Latta in the Hall of Fame
  • BotCon prequel comic posted in it's entirety
  • Regeneration One dropping soon and we've got everything you need to know to be ready for it!
  • Bragging Rights
  • An apology to our listeners and Fun Publications for our use of harsh language in our previous podcast's discussion about the Transformers Club, a clarification of our opinions, and a restatement of our views regarding the situation.

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362483)
Posted by Anonymous. on March 26th, 2012 @ 3:51pm CDT
Solid ep all round. That PSA was pretty funny.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362487)
Posted by Dagon on March 26th, 2012 @ 3:58pm CDT
Hey, try as I might, I can't get the podcasts to download. I've got an iPhone 4, and I can download the TFW podcasts via iTunes, but not the Seibertron ones. Any special way of downloading them that I'm just not doing?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362493)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 26th, 2012 @ 4:17pm CDT
They actually got Generations Starscream's legs right (never was big on his legs in the game)



Great show guys!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362517)
Posted by Seibertron on March 26th, 2012 @ 5:24pm CDT
Dagon wrote:Hey, try as I might, I can't get the podcasts to download. I've got an iPhone 4, and I can download the TFW podcasts via iTunes, but not the Seibertron ones. Any special way of downloading them that I'm just not doing?


No special way at all. If it works in iTunes on other platforms, it should be working on your iPhone. Can you go directly to the following URL on your phone and then try to subscribe to the feed once the URL pulls up in iTunes?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/seibertron.com-transformers/id430391340
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362520)
Posted by Seibertron on March 26th, 2012 @ 5:31pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Dagon wrote:Hey, try as I might, I can't get the podcasts to download. I've got an iPhone 4, and I can download the TFW podcasts via iTunes, but not the Seibertron ones. Any special way of downloading them that I'm just not doing?


No special way at all. If it works in iTunes on other platforms, it should be working on your iPhone. Can you go directly to the following URL on your phone and then try to subscribe to the feed once the URL pulls up in iTunes?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/seibertron.com-transformers/id430391340


Have you tried Googling the problem that you are experiencing with your iPhone? Sounds like a sync issue with your computer possibly or something along those lines. This probably affects some other podcasts that you could download as well, but not all. As long as it's working with iTunes for other users on other systems, the problem most likely is an issue with your phone or app. Please let us know what you find out. Thanks!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1215742&page=2
Google search results for "can't download podcast" on iphone
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362545)
Posted by Samsonator on March 26th, 2012 @ 7:52pm CDT
I have been meaning to ask since like last episode... the "It is the year two thousand twelve" bit at the beginning... did you guys actually manage to nab Victor Caroli for that, or is that just Jon doing a really good impression?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362551)
Posted by Seibertron on March 26th, 2012 @ 8:18pm CDT
Samsonator wrote:I have been meaning to ask since like last episode... the "It is the year two thousand twelve" bit at the beginning... did you guys actually manage to nab Victor Caroli for that, or is that just Jon doing a really good impression?


Jon got Victor Caroli to do it. :)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362572)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 26th, 2012 @ 9:50pm CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:They actually got Generations Starscream's legs right (never was big on his legs in the game)



Great show guys!


Thanks!

I saw that image later on. I think somehow I just thought it looked different in my mind.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362584)
Posted by Stormrider on March 26th, 2012 @ 10:27pm CDT
Inferno repaint as Hotspot? How did I miss this news. Any pics?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362755)
Posted by nilocomic on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:07pm CDT
I don't understand the point of the apology at the end of the podcast. You guys stated your opinions on the matter, why should you answer to anyone for it? (Everything you said last time was pretty justified in any case.)

And harsh language? There's always been harsh language in this podcast, as well as references to adult topics or humor, including this current episode. I heard shit, bitch, the f-bomb, plus someone mentioning a sex toy and rape at various points. If you're going to apologize for harsh language in one segment, you need to be more consistent with your content through the rest of your podcast.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362760)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:26pm CDT
nilocomic wrote:I don't understand the point of the apology at the end of the podcast. You guys stated your opinions on the matter, why should you answer to anyone for it? (Everything you said last time was pretty justified in any case.)

And harsh language? There's always been harsh language in this podcast, as well as references to adult topics or humor, including this current episode. I heard shit, bitch, the f-bomb, plus someone mentioning a sex toy and rape at various points. If you're going to apologize for harsh language in one segment, you need to be more consistent with your content through the rest of your podcast.


Fun Publications was upset about our use of "vulgar" language during our discussion about recent events. While I feel that fans affected by what happened earlier this year have the right to be angry, frustrated, and upset, I do not wish for Seibertron.com to be on bad terms with them especially with BotCon around the corner and a ton of BotCon content coming out of this site over the course of the next month.

Some of you will disagree with this approach and with my efforts to make amends with Fun Publications. I felt this apology was necessary in order to make sure that we're able to easily provide you with content of interest pertaining to both the Transformers Collectors' Club and Botcon. For the time being, Fun Publications is in charge of the Club and the official convention and Seibertron.com has to be able to coexist with them.

Being at extreme ends with them will only detract from opportunities for Seibertron.com to provide all of you with content of interest, which I feel is one of my greatest responsibilities with this site. None of us can change what happened, we can only figure out how to move forward. I'm doing my best to make sure that all opportunities are available for Seibertron.com so that I can accomplish that.

The tone of our podcast will not be changing. The Podcast staff, and the general staff on Seibertron.com, will always be able to speak their minds freely. This site is, first and foremost, an ENTERTAINMENT website for fans to enjoy.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362869)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2012 @ 4:48pm CDT
Someone mentioned something about the recent IDW reprints of the Marvel G1 comics.

In 2008, there was a series of Marvel G1 comic reprints from IDW, which featured certain issues omitted due to characters like Circuit Breaker ans Spider-Man appearing in them. But, by the fifth volume IDW got permission to reprint issues that contain Marvel characters and so stopped omitting issues.

In 2011, IDW launched a second series of reprints that put back in all the missing issues from before, as well as featuring remastered artwork. This series of reprints is still being released, having had two volumes released thus far, with a third one on the way.

Here's the first run reprints on Amazon:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-8
2. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-12
3. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-7
4. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-11
5. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-10
6. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-9

Here's the current second run of reprints that include all the missing issues:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-1
2. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-3
3. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-2


In addition, IDW is giving the Marvel UK G1 comics this same treatment, and THEN SOME! I got the first volume and, HOLY COW, this trade paperback release is AWESOME! They jam packed this thing with a TON of awesome material, not limiting itself to just the comics. It's even got the Annuals! Ryan, if you really liked the Marvel UK stuff, then this series of reprints is a MUST BUY for you. I cannot recommend it enough! :D

Like above, Amazon links:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-5
2. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-4
3. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-6
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362884)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2012 @ 5:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Someone mentioned something about the recent IDW reprints of the Marvel G1 comics.

In 2008, there was a series of Marvel G1 comic reprints from IDW, which featured certain issues omitted due to characters like Circuit Breaker ans Spider-Man appearing in them. But, by the fifth volume IDW got permission to reprint issues that contain Marvel characters and so stopped omitting issues.

In 2011, IDW launched a second series of reprints that put back in all the missing issues from before, as well as featuring remastered artwork. This series of reprints is still being released, having had two volumes released thus far, with a third one on the way.

Here's the first run reprints on Amazon:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-8
2. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-12
3. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-7
4. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-11
5. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 92&sr=1-10
6. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Transform ... 492&sr=1-9

Here's the current second run of reprints that include all the missing issues:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-1
2. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-3
3. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-2


In addition, IDW is giving the Marvel UK G1 comics this same treatment, and THEN SOME! I got the first volume and, HOLY COW, this trade paperback release is AWESOME! They jam packed this thing with a TON of awesome material, not limiting itself to just the comics. It's even got the Annuals! Ryan, if you really liked the Marvel UK stuff, then this series of reprints is a MUST BUY for you. I cannot recommend it enough! :D

Like above, Amazon links:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-5
2. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-4
3. http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Clas ... 492&sr=1-6


I ordered the new IDW Marvel US reprints a couple of days ago. Per your links above, I ordered the Marvel UK reprints. Is IDW going to reprint the Marvel UK books with the Marvel US books or are they leaving those out and only reprinting the original UK content?

Thanks for the links!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362892)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2012 @ 5:24pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I ordered the new IDW Marvel US reprints a couple of days ago. Per your links above, I ordered the Marvel UK reprints. Is IDW going to reprint the Marvel UK books with the Marvel US books or are they leaving those out and only reprinting the original UK content?

Thanks for the links!
Sadly, it's just the UK content without the UK versions of the U.S. issues. I can understand the redundancy in including the UK versions of the U.S. issues when the U.s. issues themselves have their own reprint series going on, but several of the U.S. issues had their content edited when released in the UK (some speech bubbles rephrased, characters removed from background shots, images recolored to look different and/or correct art errors, etc.) soas to better fit the UK comic story.

Thankfully, these collections include a ton of editorials that describe how the UK comics fit in between which U.S. issues and how they affect the overall continuity of them. Like, the "Wrath of Grimlock" story has an editorial describing how the last page of the U.S. issue #8 "Repeat Performance" had its final panel of Josie Beller removed for its UK release. So, I'm hoping that the future volumes continue to document the changes made to the U.S. issues for their original UK releases.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1362972)
Posted by Stormrider on March 27th, 2012 @ 7:41pm CDT
Thanks for touching base with so many different topics.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1363003)
Posted by Emperor Galvatron on March 27th, 2012 @ 8:17pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
nilocomic wrote:I don't understand the point of the apology at the end of the podcast. You guys stated your opinions on the matter, why should you answer to anyone for it? (Everything you said last time was pretty justified in any case.)

And harsh language? There's always been harsh language in this podcast, as well as references to adult topics or humor, including this current episode. I heard shit, bitch, the f-bomb, plus someone mentioning a sex toy and rape at various points. If you're going to apologize for harsh language in one segment, you need to be more consistent with your content through the rest of your podcast.


Fun Publications was upset about our use of "vulgar" language during our discussion about recent events. While I feel that fans affected by what happened earlier this year have the right to be angry, frustrated, and upset, I do not wish for Seibertron.com to be on bad terms with them especially with BotCon around the corner and a ton of BotCon content coming out of this site over the course of the next month.

Some of you will disagree with this approach and with my efforts to make amends with Fun Publications. I felt this apology was necessary in order to make sure that we're able to easily provide you with content of interest pertaining to both the Transformers Collectors' Club and Botcon. For the time being, Fun Publications is in charge of the Club and the official convention and Seibertron.com has to be able to coexist with them.

Being at extreme ends with them will only detract from opportunities for Seibertron.com to provide all of you with content of interest, which I feel is one of my greatest responsibilities with this site. None of us can change what happened, we can only figure out how to move forward. I'm doing my best to make sure that all opportunities are available for Seibertron.com so that I can accomplish that.

The tone of our podcast will not be changing. The Podcast staff, and the general staff on Seibertron.com, will always be able to speak their minds freely. This site is, first and foremost, an ENTERTAINMENT website for fans to enjoy.


Count me among those who don't agree with the 'terms' of the 'apology'. We Transfans are a whiny bunch, we're negative most times, and are typical angry nerds about minor details. However, we are astonishingly quick to forgive slights and look past initial initial misgivings and move forward with the franchise.

There is an extremely valid reason to be angry, and while the use of that language probably wasn't the best of ideas, it wasn't like they were making things easier for anyone involved.

For over 7 years now, Fun Pub has offered excuses and passed blame for any faults that have occurred to some other person or entity. I have defended them in their decisions and errors on numerous subjects.

Now, when they are arguably responsible for one of the greatest snafus to affect the fandom, they threaten to blacklist the guys that are holding their feet to the fire. Really? The nerve of this bunch of people is awe inspiring. It's like we trusted our money to a bank, then the bank left the safe combination on the counter. After they got robbed, then blaming the newspaper for reporting they left the combination on the counter, and telling the people that deposited that it wasn't their fault, a guy just opened the safe and took off with their money.

Ryan, you and Seibertron.com, and by extension the rest of the Twincast team, are more than just entertainers, you're also a voice that many of us do not have in the fandom. You have the power and responsibility to hold these guys accountable for their actions. The 'apology' forced out of you made me almost physically ill. Honestly, I am still shaking with anger that those pricks made you do this.

I renewed my membership at the beginning of the month for the last time. I was going to give FunPub the benefit of the doubt. I was willing to put this and all the other crap behind me, albeit with more caution as to how I paid for things, but no more. This was the last straw. I will not give FunPub one cent for anything, ever. I will not be a part of their Club, I will not go to BotCon as long as FunPub runs it. I may be the only one. But if I'm willing, more will be as well. Hopefully, Hasbro will take notice and we'll get someone new, even if it is Hasbrocon or whatever. I don't care anymore.

RIP Emperor Galvatron's Fun Pub membership
3/05 to 3/12

FUCK those guys

I would say I'm sorry about the rant and excuse my language, but that would imply that I was. Hope this doesn't get me banned or a warning issued though.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1363048)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2012 @ 9:39pm CDT
Emperor Galvatron wrote:I would say I'm sorry about the rant and excuse my language, but that would imply that I was. Hope this doesn't get me banned or a warning issued though.


About to sit down to watch the Muppets movie with my wife and daughter so I have to make this real quick. I'll respond further tomorrow to address a few of your other comments.

Just to clarify, no one "made" me apologize.

Seibertron.com will continue to be a very vocal voice for fans. That's my style. I've worked my ass off on this site for 12 years and I will continue to use this site to express the views of those who are often overlooked and not heard. I won't let us be silenced.

You will not be banned or issued a warning ... nothing you said and none of the views you expressed even come close to warranting anything like that. You have the right to express your opinion. You do not need to apologize for your "rant" or for your views and opinions.

Gotta jet ... Muppets is on, time to grab some popcorn.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1363052)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2012 @ 9:52pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:About to sit down to watch the Muppets movie with my wife and daughter so I have to make this real quick. I'll respond further tomorrow to address a few of your other comments.

...

Gotta jet ... Muppets is on, time to grab some popcorn.
Enjoy the movie. I, myself, loved it. Except for... well, just enjoy it. ;)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1363055)
Posted by joevill on March 27th, 2012 @ 9:56pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
nilocomic wrote:I don't understand the point of the apology at the end of the podcast. You guys stated your opinions on the matter, why should you answer to anyone for it? (Everything you said last time was pretty justified in any case.)

And harsh language? There's always been harsh language in this podcast, as well as references to adult topics or humor, including this current episode. I heard shit, bitch, the f-bomb, plus someone mentioning a sex toy and rape at various points. If you're going to apologize for harsh language in one segment, you need to be more consistent with your content through the rest of your podcast.


Fun Publications was upset about our use of "vulgar" language during our discussion about recent events. While I feel that fans affected by what happened earlier this year have the right to be angry, frustrated, and upset, I do not wish for Seibertron.com to be on bad terms with them especially with BotCon around the corner and a ton of BotCon content coming out of this site over the course of the next month.

Some of you will disagree with this approach and with my efforts to make amends with Fun Publications. I felt this apology was necessary in order to make sure that we're able to easily provide you with content of interest pertaining to both the Transformers Collectors' Club and Botcon. For the time being, Fun Publications is in charge of the Club and the official convention and Seibertron.com has to be able to coexist with them.

Being at extreme ends with them will only detract from opportunities for Seibertron.com to provide all of you with content of interest, which I feel is one of my greatest responsibilities with this site. None of us can change what happened, we can only figure out how to move forward. I'm doing my best to make sure that all opportunities are available for Seibertron.com so that I can accomplish that.

The tone of our podcast will not be changing. The Podcast staff, and the general staff on Seibertron.com, will always be able to speak their minds freely. This site is, first and foremost, an ENTERTAINMENT website for fans to enjoy.


So this means I should not replaced the batteries to Red Alert or buy a prototype Energon Driller :lol: :lol:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #41 "Regenerated" (1363077)
Posted by RX93 on March 27th, 2012 @ 10:58pm CDT
I'm interested in getting a United UN-15 too.
Can you please suggest which Japan vendor has it with a "reasonable" price?
Thanks a lot

Ending Soon On eBay

Hot wheels Transformers revenge of the fallen devastator track - Time Remaining: 7 days 17 hours 58 minutes 7 seconds
G1 Transformers constructicon MIXMASTER 100% COMPLETE Devastator - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 58 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 SIDESWIPE figure hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 46 minutes 40 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GRIMLOCK MASTERPIECE MP-03 HASBRO ACTION FIGURE SA AQ5194 - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 24 minutes 15 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece, Masterpiece Thundercracker Toys R Us... - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 54 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers G2 Parts 1993 CALCAR weapon EUROPEAN Trakkon - Time Remaining: 8 days 12 hours 25 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 IRONHIDE figure hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 11 minutes 41 seconds
TRANSFORMERS SKYWARP & THUNDERCLACKER TAKARA TOMY ENCORE 11 FIGURE SA AQ1957 - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 26 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016