Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns"

Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 10:49AM CDT

Categories: Media, Podcast, Site News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 56,735

After some fun with last week's April Fool's Day episode, the Seibertron.com Twincast/Podcast has returned with a straight face and an enormous amount of news! As always, the Twincast is available from RSS Feed, iTunes, or Direct Download. With host Counterpunch and all of the regular staff, Seibertron, Jon 3.0, Tigertracks, and Razorclaw at your side, we guide you through the avalanche of Transformers Prime and BotCon news, and much more!

• BotCon Metalhawk in hand - two of the same arm?
  • BotCon Box set in hand - too much blue?
  • BotCon Artist Alley issue and resolution!
  • Buster Jones, voice of G1 Blaster, as a BotCon guest
  • Club Runamuck in hand
  • MP-11 Starscream in hand images - worthy of an upgrade?
  • Transformers Prime Knockout - what happened to his deco?
  • Transformers Prime Hot Shot - see where all of Knockout's deco budget went...
  • Transformers Prime Airachnid
  • Transformers Prime Vehicon
  • Arms Micron discussion - assembly, stickers, and comparisons to the US releases
  • United Galleries - Wheeljack, Rodimus Prime, Blurr, Axalon, Ark Unicron, Optimus Primal, and Beast Megatron
  • Spoiler filled Transformers Prime episode discussions for "Operation Bumblebee", "Loose Cannons", and "Crossfire".

Don't forget to check out our brand new galleries of the first 6 sets from the Takara Tomy Arms Micron line by clicking here or on the image below.

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns" (1367707)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 10th, 2012 @ 12:26pm CDT
HEY!! I got a shout out on the Podcast!! Woohoo! Another great episode guys! :APPLAUSE:

Best Transformers Podcast on the web.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns" (1367777)
Posted by CADimusPrimus on April 10th, 2012 @ 3:24pm CDT
Another great episode guys!!!. Look forward to the next one.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns" (1367838)
Posted by Anonymous. on April 10th, 2012 @ 6:51pm CDT

Care when you're getting ML Rampage Ryan, I'd suggest not to get it via BBTS Vintage. Got swindled pretty hard.. I got Rampage in it but the Takara Clear Micron Air Assault team was switched with the Hasbro version.

In regards to Gundams/Kotobukiya/Kits and their relationship with stickers, it's pretty much a staple. However it doesn't exactly mean it's good. I find it funny that it's 2012 and the kits still aren't void of decals/labels, but I guess it's just sticking to what makes the hobby. The G1 SS comment was funny because every Gundam kit has eye stickers that are mandatory, except for higher grade kits. Just glad TFs are fortunate not to have to deal with that anymore.

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns" (1367853)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 10th, 2012 @ 8:46pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Bwahaha must send more Out of the Blurr purchases to get mentioned on the Twincast. :twisted:

Ya know, I don't mind stickers. I think for me the problem is that they are coming at the cost of already planned paint aps.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns" (1367867)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 10th, 2012 @ 9:19pm CDT
Everyone made good points during the Arms Micron subject. I guess it just comes down to personal preference and collecting habits. Me? The cool Micron does not justify the lack of paint and... what were they called? Cancers? Herpes? Those things.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns" (1367910)
Posted by Samsonator on April 11th, 2012 @ 1:03am CDT
Just got to work, so starting to listen now. Just listened to last week's show, though, laughed my ass off, and even had my name dropped, wish I had listened to that sooner. Off to listen to this episode now!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns" (1367957)
Posted by joevill on April 11th, 2012 @ 9:01am CDT
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns" (1367990)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2012 @ 10:58am CDT
The mascot Primes from the Cybertron Satellite aren't toys. They're just characters part of a promotional campaign.

And there is no shame in liking My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? It's all the My Little Pony series that came before it that were saccharine and mundane. This current Friendship is Magic series is the first one to defy the stereotypes associated with girls cartoons, in that it's *not* "girly", and is instead geared towards everyone of both genders and all ages. It's good quality entertainment, named the best cartoon of 2010, way worth watching. 8)

Animated Omega Supreme was the Orion. :-B

Another great one, guys. Keep it up. ;)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns" (1368038)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 11th, 2012 @ 1:19pm CDT
joevill wrote:I have to agree, applying the stickers on the generation one toys gives you a personal attachment to them.

Or in my case, with my reissues, a personal dissatisfaction with them.

Great show guys!

*Spoiler*

From what I gathered from "Crossfire" is that the Insecticons have a sort of hive mind, and Airrachnid is some sort of decedent or relative to the Insecticons, still possessing some small link to the hive mind, but not being subject to it.

Explains her bug like tendencies and also makes me appreciate her Insecticon themed deco.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns" (1368096)
Posted by CADimusPrimus on April 11th, 2012 @ 4:46pm CDT
Is it just me, but was there like 10 minutes of dead air before the show closed
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #43 "Armed Microns" (1368949)
Posted by Insane Galvatron on April 13th, 2012 @ 10:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:She's not called Blackarachnia because the creators of Prime wanted a new character who was only an homage to Blackarachnia, rather than *being* Blackarachnia. Plus, the big difference between the two is that the Blackarachnia character is a Femme Fatale, while Airachnid is a Sadist.
Plus, they didn't want anybody to sympathize with her. Blackarachnia was always the good bot, turned bad, with a hint of redemption in her. Airrachnid was intended to be nothing but bad and they didn't want any preconceived notions about the character based on name.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism