Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip"

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 10:15PM CDT

Categories: Event News, Media, Podcast, Site News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 54,758

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast is back just in time for all of you to enjoy on your way to BotCon 2012 this week. Joining Counterpunch this week are none other than Seibertron, tigertracks 24, jon3.0 and fellow Seibertronian and BotCon veteran Delicon. The podcast crew does their best to get all of you in the mood for BotCon and to catch all of you up on the most recent topics of interest to Transformers collectors.

The Twincast / Podcast is available from our RSS Feed, iTunes, or you can download it directly. After you listen to this episode, make sure you join our discussion to let us know your thoughts. Without further ado, here's the rundown of this week's topics ...

Botcon Discussions

Toy Discussions

Fall of Cybertron Discussion

And as usual, we round out this episode with our bragging rights.

Thank you to all of you who listen to our podcast. Make sure you check out our BotCon coverage throughout this week right here on Seibertron.com -- the ultimate Transformers resource!
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1371967)
Posted by G1 Legacy on April 23rd, 2012 @ 12:09am CDT
Awsome title guys. I actually havnt listened to the previous two episodes because I've been anticipating the 12 hour drive to Dallas from Tallahassee this week and I wanted something to help kill the mononity of the impending drive...the title for this episode is most fitting and will make for excellent entertainment during the third leg of my trip this week......lets do this!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1371971)
Posted by Hypershock on April 23rd, 2012 @ 12:25am CDT
's not on iTunes :(
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1371972)
Posted by Seibertron on April 23rd, 2012 @ 12:26am CDT
Hypershock wrote:'s not on iTunes :(


It takes a little bit for it to sync up with iTunes. If you need it tomorrow, you can use the direct link to download it instead.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372032)
Posted by mattwhite924 on April 23rd, 2012 @ 8:18am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Hypershock wrote:'s not on iTunes :(


It takes a little bit for it to sync up with iTunes. If you need it tomorrow, you can use the direct link to download it instead.



It's missing from the RSS feed as well. I just grabbed the direct download, so it's not a huge deal for me, but I thought I would let you know.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372036)
Posted by Seibertron on April 23rd, 2012 @ 8:28am CDT
mattwhite924 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Hypershock wrote:'s not on iTunes :(


It takes a little bit for it to sync up with iTunes. If you need it tomorrow, you can use the direct link to download it instead.



It's missing from the RSS feed as well. I just grabbed the direct download, so it's not a huge deal for me, but I thought I would let you know.


Thanks. It's been fixed. It's now in the RSS feed and should populate in iTunes later today.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372045)
Posted by joevill on April 23rd, 2012 @ 9:41am CDT
Almost an hour in... got to put it on pause for work. The next two days will go by very slowly now. Look forward to seeing you guys!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372058)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 23rd, 2012 @ 10:38am CDT
You guys mentioned the first "Bee in the City" script reading from 2008. For those who didn't get to see this performance back then (like me), Vangelus put it on YouTube for all to see. so, those who are going to see "Part 2" can brush up on the first part in the videos below. :D







Also, regarding Fracas's name, color me surprised. :-o All this time, I thought for sure that they pronounced his name as "Fraah-kuss" in the cartoon, but watching "The Rebirth - Part 2" again, both times his name is spoken, it's spoken as "Fray-kuss", just as Ryan is saying it. Score one for Mr. Seibertron.com himself. 8)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372074)
Posted by Hypershock on April 23rd, 2012 @ 11:19am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Hypershock wrote:'s not on iTunes :(


It takes a little bit for it to sync up with iTunes. If you need it tomorrow, you can use the direct link to download it instead.


Mkay, it;s there, download in progress :D
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372076)
Posted by Seibertron on April 23rd, 2012 @ 11:22am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:You guys mentioned the first "Bee in the City" script reading from 2008. For those who didn't get to see this performance back then (like me), Vangelus put it on YouTube for all to see. so, those who are going to see "Part 2" can brush up on the first part in the videos below. :D

...

Also, regarding Fracas's name, color me surprised. All this time, I thought for sure that they pronounced his name as "Fraah-kuss" in the cartoon, but watching "The Rebirth - Part 2" again, both times his name is spoken, it's spoken as "Fray-kuss", just as Ryan is saying it. :-o


I updated your post to embed the videos directly. Hope you don't mind.

As for the pronunciation of Fracas' name, it's about time I got one right. It's funny how you say something one way for so long that it just sounds wrong to say it the correct way. I know Takara is pronounced "tah-car-ah" (or however you phonetically spell it) but it will always be "tah-care-ah" (care instead of car) in my head. Names like Fracas with the regular "a" sound are probably why I said Takara wrong all these years.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372077)
Posted by Seibertron on April 23rd, 2012 @ 11:23am CDT
Hypershock wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Hypershock wrote:'s not on iTunes :(


It takes a little bit for it to sync up with iTunes. If you need it tomorrow, you can use the direct link to download it instead.


Mkay, it;s there, download in progress :D



Awesome. Thank you for letting us know. Tell us what you think after you have a listen.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372080)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 23rd, 2012 @ 11:33am CDT
Seibertron wrote:I updated your post to embed the videos directly. Hope you don't mind.
Was a bit surprised, but I figured one of the higher ups had a hand in this. ;)

Seibertron wrote:As for the pronunciation of Fracas' name, it's about time I got one right. It's funny how you say something one way for so long that it just sounds wrong to say it the correct way. I know Takara is pronounced "tah-car-ah" (or however you phonetically spell it) but it will always be "tah-care-ah" (care instead of car) in my head. Names like Fracas with the regular "a" sound are probably why I said Takara wrong all these years.
LOL :lol: Hope to see ya at BotCon and the get-together, man. :D
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372106)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 23rd, 2012 @ 1:31pm CDT
Someone mentioned how they hope the FOC Stegosaurus is named "Snarl", rather than the Triceratops being given that name. Don't worry, the Triceratops is named "Slug". ;)

And someone mentioned Dragoyell. Here he is.

Image full size
Image
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372112)
Posted by Delicon on April 23rd, 2012 @ 1:45pm CDT
Thanks for having me on guys, sorry there was a little bit more feedback on my end than I would have liked but it was fun to talk to you guys (as it will be again in person in a few days)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372165)
Posted by Kibble on April 23rd, 2012 @ 4:52pm CDT
I personally think it would suck if BotCon was held in the same location every year...unless it selfishly just so happened to be close to where I live. I'd like to go again, but my experience of it was that it was fun, but not worth the price of a flight, hotel, car rental, meals, all on top of expensive ass toys that I probably shoulda flipped for profit immediately after the show because Thundercracker is the only one that I actually display. Of course I didn't get to experience the Seibertron Super Party because last year was apparently the stripped down acoustic version...so stripped down I couldn't even find it. So maybe my opinion would be different otherwise. But I came away feeling the figures were the biggest draw, and even if the set is great, you can probably acquire them for a lot less than the cost to attend. Either that or start attending the so called 'customizing' class and selling that to recoup the majority of your costs. But back to the point, at least with it moving around, you have a chance of it landing near you.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372228)
Posted by Stormrider on April 23rd, 2012 @ 7:43pm CDT
Great Podcast. Have fun at Botcon. Sorry I won't be there to see everyone.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372261)
Posted by joevill on April 23rd, 2012 @ 9:40pm CDT
Great episode guys, I am really excited and hyped now.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372341)
Posted by Delicon on April 24th, 2012 @ 5:46am CDT
Kibble wrote:Of course I didn't get to experience the Seibertron Super Party because last year was apparently the stripped down acoustic version...so stripped down I couldn't even find it. So maybe my opinion would be different otherwise.


We didn't make a big deal out of it last year due to the fact that there were 2 official BotCon parties then, one on Friday and one on Saturday.

We did meet up at the bar both nights afterwards.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372385)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 24th, 2012 @ 9:17am CDT
Delicon wrote:
Kibble wrote:Of course I didn't get to experience the Seibertron Super Party because last year was apparently the stripped down acoustic version...so stripped down I couldn't even find it. So maybe my opinion would be different otherwise.


We didn't make a big deal out of it last year due to the fact that there were 2 official BotCon parties then, one on Friday and one on Saturday.

We did meet up at the bar both nights afterwards.


Also, I wasn't there. >:oP
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #44 "Road Trip" (1372446)
Posted by Hypershock on April 24th, 2012 @ 11:41am CDT
Listened to it last night, great podcast guys :APPLAUSE:

wish i could go to botcon, you guys sound pretty cool to hang out with lolz