Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!"

Monday, May 7th, 2012 12:37AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Event News, People News, Media, Podcast
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 72,792

The Seibertron.com Twincast/Podcast is back from our Road Trip to BotCon 2012! Join host Counterpunch along with Seibertron and Razorclaw as we discuss the show, toys, and announcements in detail. The episode is available directly, from our RSS feed, and from iTunes.

Topics include:

The social aspects of the show, the Seibertron.com bar meetup
The Hasbro Panel
The Club Panel, and the Figure Subscription Service
The Simon Furman Panel
The box set
The souvenir figures
The customizing class
Product reveals, like Toys'R'Us Masterpiece Prime, SDCC Bruticus, SDCC Rust in Peace Cliffjumper, and Prime figures

We hope you enjoyed the show, and we hope to see everyone at BotCon 2013!

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1377589)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 7th, 2012 @ 4:57am CDT
Listening now, thanks for the shout out. :) I just messed around with my figures the other night. They're all pretty nice. I fiddled around with the cloth headband and checked the little paper with it. Pretty fun fan made item. On top of that, it totally changes my perception of the figure. The set is nice. Even Prime, who does nothing in the story at all, is a great deco and toy. I still feel he's an entirely wasted figure slot though. I would have preferred to get SG Ironhide, Hound or really anyone else.
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1377602)
Posted by joevill on May 7th, 2012 @ 7:18am CDT
Awesome, downloading now!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1377620)
Posted by Starscream on May 7th, 2012 @ 9:25am CDT
I spy Paul from Brooklyn!!!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1377634)
Posted by Delicon on May 7th, 2012 @ 10:42am CDT
I think the boys did a good job of putting this year's Con into words.

My favorite memory from BotCon this year? The giant hotel room party we had in our room and this one quote from Christian/Flux Convoy.

ME: I can't believe security hasn't come to our room yet. There's even a baby 2 rooms down.

FLUX: STUPID BABY
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1377699)
Posted by CADimusPrimus on May 7th, 2012 @ 2:16pm CDT
Another great episode!!! :grin:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1377705)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 7th, 2012 @ 2:35pm CDT
Information on tampographs - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tampograph. :D
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1377772)
Posted by xyl360 on May 7th, 2012 @ 5:37pm CDT
Awesome podcast (in the middle of it now :) ).

Also, I just had to mention this. I have never and likely will never attend a Botcon or any other 'con' as I am very much NOT the socializing type (the word 'hermit' describes me perfectly) but you guys mentioned early on one of the sellers i.e. Tempting Toys so I did some Googling to see what they had since you mentioned getting a very hard to find Japanese Beast Wars figure (the show-accurate Terrorsaur).

I found the site and discovered he/they had one of the figures I've been needing to complete my BW repaints collection (aside from a few convention exclusives), namely the UK exclusive green 'Transmetal' Claw Jaw (I already have every other version, including the one that came with the 'Ikard' that comes with the Tako Tank playset). This completes all of the repaints for me I think (I already have ever version of the 2 Spittor molds, including Diver and the UK exclusive red 'Transmetal' version as well as RiD Slapper) so this made me very very happy.

Given that this seller seems to have quite a few such rare gems, I'm certain I'll be shopping there often.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1377775)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on May 7th, 2012 @ 5:46pm CDT
Great episode guys! And the lengths was just fine. I like listening to Podcasts while I'm doing work around the house, and hate when they end earlier than my working :P
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1377888)
Posted by joevill on May 7th, 2012 @ 11:00pm CDT

Even though the people working at the Hasbro booth and the Transformers Universe booth were super friendly, the dealer room this year IMHO was weak. I felt like there was no room to breath during the casino night/cocktail reception because they crammed everyone into a small space.

The reason why this year's Botcon was so much fun was because of a lot of our friends made it to Dallas this year. It was great to see many of you who I haven't seen since Orlando and as well those who I saw last year.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1377988)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2012 @ 10:20am CDT
joevill wrote:That sucks to hear you lost the laser arm to your custom toy Ryan. At the end of the day when I finished painting I was in a rush to get out of there I forgot my sticker sheet. At the end of the week I asked Shawn about it and he gave me a new sheet. I was not expecting that so perhaps if you contact him directly you can get a replacement part.

Shawn said I needed to talk to Raven, who I did on that Friday afternoon. She said that it wasn't a problem and that she would bring one down to the dealer room for me. I never saw her again the rest of the weekend, and to be honest, I was so busy working on Seibertron.com that I didn't get a chance to look for her again. Does anyone know how to contact Raven? I'd gladly pay for shipping and throw her a few bucks for her inconvenience.

I agree with you about BotCon. Socially, it was a blast. And thank goodness too because the convention itself was kind of "blah" for various reasons.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1378061)
Posted by joevill on May 8th, 2012 @ 2:53pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Ryan,

I contacted her she said to email her. I will send you an email with her email address.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1378138)
Posted by Samsonator on May 8th, 2012 @ 7:47pm CDT
Well I'm certainly glad to hear everyone had fun at BotCon this year, even if it wasn't all for official convention reasons. Good show, all!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1378193)
Posted by Hypershock on May 8th, 2012 @ 10:29pm CDT
i really like this podcast but it never downloads right :-(
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1378199)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2012 @ 10:36pm CDT
Hypershock wrote:i really like this podcast but it never downloads right :-(

Can you tell me some more about what problem(s) you are experiencing? We're all more than happy to help you out. Give us some information about your situation so that we can help you troubleshoot. Thanks Hypershock!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1378212)
Posted by Hypershock on May 8th, 2012 @ 11:04pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Hypershock wrote:i really like this podcast but it never downloads right :-(

Well i download your podcast from iTunes directly onto my laptop. It usually gets about halfway through the download and stops and says error. For a while i just thought it was my laptop or my wifi, but it's happened every time except once. It always works eventually, but it takes a long time to get it
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1378214)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2012 @ 11:09pm CDT
Hypershock wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Hypershock wrote:i really like this podcast but it never downloads right :-(

Is anyone else experiencing this problem who downloads the episodes through iTunes?

Hypershock, are you downloading on a PC or a Mac? Are you using the current version of iTunes?

What does the error message say? Apple says there should be an exclamation point next to the podcast that you had trouble downloading. If you click on the exclamation point, does it provide you with more information about the error?

[quote]When iTunes encounters a problem downloading a podcast episode, it displays a small “Exclamation Point” icon to the left of the episode title. Click on the point to reveal more detail about the error. Generally, such errors are related to the feed set up by the podcaster. In many cases, the episode will be available again in about a day.[/quote]
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1378216)
Posted by Hypershock on May 8th, 2012 @ 11:21pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Hypershock wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Hypershock wrote:i really like this podcast but it never downloads right :-(

[/quote]

I think there were one or two people that gave reviews that said that. I have a Toshiba Portege pc and the current iTunes, but theres no exclamation point, it only has the little "refresh" arrow that restarts the download. it said "error-9006" i believe.
I refreshed again and it got farther, but if it stops again i'll try and do that

Edit: i clicked on the exclamation point, it said, "Download was interrupted, to resume click the get button"
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1378226)
Posted by Seibertron on May 9th, 2012 @ 12:05am CDT
Hypershock wrote:Thanks very much for responding and taking steps to help me get the podcast, by the way :)

Not a problem, hopefully I can help.

It sounds like from that error message that your computer is loosing internet connectivity for some reason while trying to download the podcast. Do you have this problem with anything else that you download via iTunes? Can you post the exact error message that you are receiving or post a screen shot of it so that I can do some further research into the error?

We'll get to the bottom of this.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1378285)
Posted by Savage on May 9th, 2012 @ 9:53am CDT
Fantastic episode, guys. It was great hearing stories from Botcon. I'm of the same opinion that the con was great this year because of seeing friends, and the con events themselves were nothing super awesome, though still cool.

Like joevill mentioned, the Cocktail Reception / Casino Night was held in WAY too small a room. The "Reception" ended up being nothing more than people crammed and crowded into a tiny space too small to mingle or socialize. Instead we all just had to stand there, pressing against each other, til we were allowed into the Awards Dinner. I dunno if FunPub simply didnt tellt he hotel how many people would be attending the event or if the hotel just dropped the ball all on their own.

For the people having or working on download issues with the podcast, I download it directly to itunes (not quite the most recent version) on a Windows Vista laptop, and while it generally takes a few minutes to download an episode (this one took about 15, but it's a long one), I've never had any issues.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #45 "Invasion!" (1378364)
Posted by Hypershock on May 9th, 2012 @ 1:06pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Not a problem, hopefully I can help.

We'll get to the bottom of this.

Well if they did anything, it worked :), got it great episode!

If this happens again, ill be sure to take a screencap and post it right away, it's really reassuring to see you trying to get on top of the problem right away. Many thanks sir!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016