Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force"

Monday, August 13th, 2012 11:48AM CDT

Categories: Media, Podcast
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 62,373

We're all back together for a new episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast/Podcast. Join host Counterpunch, along with Seibertron, Tigertracks, and special guest (and fellow Seibertronian) chuckdawg1999 as they tackle the latest Transformers news and toys. chuckdawg1999 is also part of the popular "What's on Joe Mind?" G.I. Joe podcast. The episode may be downloaded from iTunes, our RSS feed, and directly.

In this episode, the Twincast / Podcast team discusses the following topics:

Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force"

In case you've missed the Seibertron.com galleries of the popular SDCC G.I. Joe vs Transformers crossover toys, check out our galleries below ...

Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force"

Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force"

Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force"

Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force"

As always, thank you for listening to the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. Seibertron.com is your Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409622)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 13th, 2012 @ 12:30pm CDT
so frustrated when these comes out and not available for download via itunes.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409633)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 13th, 2012 @ 1:16pm CDT
"What's Pokemon"? I believe we know them better as Mini-Cons. :P
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409635)
Posted by mattwhite924 on August 13th, 2012 @ 1:27pm CDT

Interesting side note, during development of games, it's not uncommon for devs to have Xbox to PS3 multiplayer set up for debugging purposes. They then remove that functionality before it goes gold.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409678)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on August 13th, 2012 @ 3:52pm CDT
mattwhite924 wrote:The reason that you can't play muliplayer games across platforms isn't because of any technical issues, it's due to the policies of the different console manufacturers. Both Sony and Microsoft have toyed with console to PC muliplayer, but they don't allow cross play between competing consoles. Microsoft is especially concerned with this, as they charge users for multiplayer access.

^ This

Plus, PC gamers will slaughter console gamers every time, that is why the console-PC games came and went so fast in the early years of this generation of consoles. Keyboard and Mouse offers more accurate aiming, which is supplemented on consoles by aim-assist.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409693)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 13th, 2012 @ 4:46pm CDT
Thanks for the information. And now I know, and knowing is....something, something. :-?

Yo Joe!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409737)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 13th, 2012 @ 10:30pm CDT

I used the direct download link on the news page and didn't touch anything pertaining to the file download until it was done. Once it finished, I opened the file and started listening, with it coming to an end at the 1:10:34 mark.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409738)
Posted by Seibertron on August 13th, 2012 @ 10:47pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Question. How long is this podcast supposed to be? Cuz the one I downloaded has a running time of 1:10:34 and it just stops right in the middle of the conversation about the quality of today's toys.

It's 2 hours 20 minutes. Your file must not have downloaded completely. File size is 128MB. I downloaded the file directly from the server just now after you posted your message above.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409741)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 13th, 2012 @ 11:29pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

I'll try downloading it again to see what happens.

EDIT: Finished the second download and got the whole thing this time. Will listen to the rest of it after I get some sleep.

Still weird how only the first half downloaded the first time when nothing seemed to go wrong. :???:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409759)
Posted by lonrac on August 14th, 2012 @ 1:55am CDT
Hi Guys, thanks for such a good podcast and happy 2nd Birthday (sort of)

re: Transformers/ GI Joe

it is always a question of scale: My first 'joe' was Quarrel and the Rapid fire Motorcycle, so that is one I would love to see, ( and yes I see from BBTS that Quarrel is becoming one of the subscription figures- the carrier figure as far as I would be concerned) but even a movie Arcee styled attack cycle would be voyager-ultra class.

just purchased two smaller class Star wars crossovers- and the idea here I think is that their 'robot' modes fit in 'as' the 3.75 mainline figure- correct me if i'm wrong. maybe that could be a way to do it that would suit nobody.

just a story to share-- in my nearest 'Smyths' toystore-(60 miles from base) and a parent was purchasing a toy for her child to bring to a birthday party, and the pegs were full of bumblebees, where the argument was that "Darren already has Bubblebee", the child wanted to bring the Optimus Maximus- a price which the parent wasn't paying. so they bought wrestling figures instead.... nice job Hasbro.. that's how you lose sales.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409789)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on August 14th, 2012 @ 6:32am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

I'll try downloading it again to see what happens.

I know I had problem downloading it yesterday. It took me 2 hours almost to download it, and I get 42 mbps down and 5 mbps up most of the time, so usually it downloads in a few minutes.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409817)
Posted by Rated X on August 14th, 2012 @ 9:09am CDT
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409825)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 14th, 2012 @ 9:45am CDT
Rated X wrote:2 hours and 20 mins ??? Maybe if I drove a truck for a living I might be able to find that much time to listen to all of it. I usally skip the parts about comics, Kreo, etc to save some time. I havent listened to one in a while. Are they still allowed to discuss 3rd party products on the podcast or is it strictly official ?

We still talk about 3rd party stuff when it's relevant.

I do the agendas so, blame me if the content sucks.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409827)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 14th, 2012 @ 9:47am CDT
Purposefully making a new post here.

I think perhaps we should post the file up to itunes and wait until 12 hours later to make the news post.

Then you all won't feel like you're missing something when the post first hits.

We CAN NOT do anything about the delay.

Sorry.

It's an iTunes/RSS thing.

We can avoid telling you that the file is up if it make it feel less frustrating.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409835)
Posted by Seibertron on August 14th, 2012 @ 10:17am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Purposefully making a new post here.

Then you all won't feel like you're missing something when the post first hits.

We CAN NOT do anything about the delay.

Sorry.

It's an iTunes/RSS thing.

Or maybe we need to change the wording in our news stories to

Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast wrote:The episode may be downloaded directly or from our RSS feed. It will be available via iTunes within 24 hours once it syncs with our RSS feed.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409842)
Posted by Kibble on August 14th, 2012 @ 10:29am CDT
I vote don't delay posting its availability for iTune's sake.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409901)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on August 14th, 2012 @ 1:48pm CDT
Kibble wrote:I vote don't delay posting its availability for iTune's sake.

I agree. They shouldn't use inferior methods of retrieving the podcast if they want it fast.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409915)
Posted by Seibertron on August 14th, 2012 @ 2:32pm CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:
Kibble wrote:I vote don't delay posting its availability for iTune's sake.

We'll just need to change the verbiage going forward so that it is very clear. If you want it now, here's the direct link, otherwise you will need to wait up to 24 hours for the episode to propagate on iTunes.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1409956)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on August 14th, 2012 @ 4:22pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Lord Onixprime wrote:
Kibble wrote:I vote don't delay posting its availability for iTune's sake.

Yeah.

Me personally, I use the Zune software, and just link it to the RSS feed. It downloads the podcast every time as soon as you guys put it up.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1410060)
Posted by quickmixed on August 15th, 2012 @ 1:29am CDT
Another enjoyable podcast.

On the topic of the TF / GI JOE crossover, I believe that if it were ever going to happen that both the fandoms would have to make sacrifices. Ones that neither would like.

I could only see it working two ways and personally I dont like either.

1) JOE fans keep their scale and the transformers dont actually transform. They just pay homage to previous characters, exactly like the previous two Comicon exclusives.

And 2) Transformers still transform but the Joes sacrifice their standard scale and downsize a bit much like Human Alliance.

These were both mentioned in the podcast. Personally I dont think it will ever happen. In a perfect world I would love to see an inscale series combining the two.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #52 "Action Force" (1410129)
Posted by Kibble on August 15th, 2012 @ 9:54am CDT
I wonder how many would actually care about a crossover line? Are there enough collectors out there that are into both to make it successful? Because it doesnt seem the average fan thats only hardcore about one cares that much to see it happen. And if it were for the kids, they'd probably be more interested in the movie continuities coming together. I don't really think that would go over as big with the collectors. This idea might be 25 years too late to be a mega success.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering