Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron"

Monday, August 27th, 2012 7:09PM CDT

Categories: Media, Podcast
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 60,985

We're back with a new episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. In this episode, regular members Seibertron, jON3.0, and Tigertracks are joined by special guests (and podcast veterans) joevill and Blurrz as they tackle the latest Transformers news, games, cartoons, and toys. The episode may be downloaded directly from Seibertron.com or from our RSS feed. The podcast will be available within 24 to 48 hours from iTunes once they have synched with Seibertron.com's RSS feed. This episode clocks in at 2 hours 36 minutes and is approximately 71.5 MB.

In this episode, the Twincast / Podcast team discusses the following topics:

* Transformers Fall Of Cybertron
* Transformers Masterpiece Mp-12 Lambor Video
* Transformers Collector's Club Subscription Service
* Voyager Class Dreadwing Transformers Prime
* Aeon Exclusive Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
* Capsule Microns
* CM Corps Ginrai
* Year Of The Snake Omega Supreme
* Cartoon discussion of Transformers Prime's "Hurt" and Rescue Bots' Season 1 finale
* Classics Transformers Discussion
* Bragging rights!
* jON3.0 interviews Jack Angel (voice actor for G1 Ultra Magnus, Astrotrain, and more!)

TRANSFORMERS FALL OF CYBERTRON
--------------------------------------------------
Points of discussion:
* Multi-Player - Character creation
* Multi-Player - different modes such as Team Deathmatch, Conquest ("King of the Hill"), Capture The Flag, Head Hunter
* Multi-Player - which aspects do you like?
* Escalation mode discussion
* Campaign - How far are you into the game?
* Campaign - What are your likes and dislikes?
* Campaign - Any favorite chapters, scenes, moments?
* Campaign - Discussion about end of game, credits

TF PRIME VOYAGER DREADWING
--------------------------------------------------
Sighted in Asia
In Hand Images

AEON EXCLUSIVE TERRORCON BUMBLEBEE
--------------------------------------------------
Bio translation: The weapon Bumblebee discovered at the excavation site appeared at first glance to be just a normal piece of equipment. However, the moment curiosity got the better of him, his consciousness was swept away by waves of Dark Energon coursing through his body. This was no ordinary weapon, but a trap planted by dark medic Knock Out! The Dark Energon secreted by Arms Micron Terrorcon Zori has transformed Bumblebee into a rampaging beast. If he is not given immediate treatment, all of the Autobots will be at risk.

Infection Mode: A mode in which he uses his Twin Cannon for long-distance attacks in all directions to deal damage to opponents, then rushing in with blazing speed to infect them with Terrorcon Zori's Dark Energon stinger. Covering both close and long-range combat, this is an incredibly effective combination for Bumblebee.

Click here for more information

CAPSULE MICRONS

BRIEF DISCUSSION ABOUT TRANSFORMERS CARTOONS
--------------------------------------------------
Rescue Bots Season Finale ... who watched, thoughts about series, first season
Transformers Prime returns with "Hurt", speculation

CLASSICS TRANSFORMERS DISCUSSION
--------------------------------------------------
We discuss "Classic" Transformers, what the phrase means to us, G1 accuracy, how closely should updates follow in the footsteps of the past, when it's no longer a Classic but instead something else, and more!

Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron"
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414055)
Posted by joevill on August 27th, 2012 @ 9:02pm CDT
There were a lot of moments during the podcast where I forgot I wasn't just listening, I was a part of it. :lol:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414067)
Posted by xyl360 on August 27th, 2012 @ 10:20pm CDT
If they did do Chinese Zodiac Beast Wars figures, I believe they already have everything they need and I think it would be awesome (this of course coming from a Beast Wars freak :P):

[list=1]
  • Rattrap - Rat[/*:m]
  • Big Horn/Bonecrusher - Ox[/*:m]
  • Tigatron/Cheetor - Tiger[/*:m]
  • Stampy - Rabbit[/*:m]
  • TMII Megatron - Dragon[/*:m]
  • Cohrada - Snake[/*:m]
  • Mach Kick - Horse[/*:m]
  • Ramulus - Goat[/*:m]
  • Optimus Primal - Monkey[/*:m]
  • Archadis - Rooster[/*:m]
  • K9 - Dog[/*:m]
  • Razorbeast - Pig[/*:m][/list:o]

As for WfC vs FoC:

My best friend and I loved playing co-op campaign mode in WfC, though admittedly we're used to coordinating our efforts in such games from years of practice.

I hate how linear the campaign mode is which makes it feel almost 2D like a sidescroller from the 80's, I hate that you can't customize the keys to your liking, and I hate that you don't get to play as any of the race cars from WfC (Sideswipe, Barricade, Breakdown etc.), I hate the loss of double-jumping, I hate how slow the vehicle modes are, even with turbo etc.

I love the weapons, though I only find 2-3 of them to actually be of any use (Riot Cannon in particular, Megatron FTW :P).

I liked certain aspects of the cinematic feel, particularly the end where you jump from one side to the other (Autobot to Decepticon) and from one character to another rapidly. In fact, if the entire game played out like that, it would have been much better in my opinion.

I hate how short it was. I beat the game in like 2 days, and it only took that long because I got bored and had to stop in the middle of playing (though admittedly WfC wasn't too different in this department). I hate how each level was 'tailor made' for each specific character. This again made the gameplay feel very 2 dimensional.

Anyway, great show as always guys :)!
  • Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414099)
    Posted by xyl360 on August 27th, 2012 @ 11:52pm CDT
    By the way, I'm glad to hear you plan to do galleries of Beast Wars Metals Silverbolt and Rampage :D!

I also noticed that some of your US figures are classified as (Metals) in the galleries for some reason and I never could figure out why unless I'm mistaken and they actually are all Japanese figures (US was Transmetals, Japanese was Metals).
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414104)
    Posted by Trikeboy on August 27th, 2012 @ 11:57pm CDT
    Masterpiece Lambor does have translucent windows.

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414141)
    Posted by lonrac on August 28th, 2012 @ 6:03am CDT
    Another great podcast;

Re: TFCCSS; I was waiting on your discussion before deciding on taking the plunge- no offence, but still confused.

I hope that some day I get lucky enough to be in a game with a Jon3pto commentary, but wondering if I am doing something wrong, or am I just that bad, my Titans seem to just show up and blow up- I can't seem to survive any shootout.

keep up the good work--

Lonrac.
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414207)
    Posted by ChZuck on August 28th, 2012 @ 11:55am CDT
    fun episode this podcast. between the FOC talk at the beginning and the classics talk near the end it's almost like this ep was geared directly at me!

I had a great time playing MP with you guys last tuesday! i hope to get more opportunities to do so in the future. playing MP the rest of the week made me feel like a small fish in an ocean as i got killed over and over where playing with siebertronians made me feel like a contributing part of a team. anytime you see me on xbox live feel free to send an invite over!

I started seriously collecting transformers again when the classics line started and put a hard limit on myself of only collecting figures that were accurate reimaginings of the G1 characters. As time has gone on i've had to make excuses for some figures and there have been quite a few i've skipped out on even in the universe line. I'm still looking for a hardhead and red powerglide as i conisder white powerglide a large version of micromaster hothouse to combat his black decepticon counterpart storm cloud. bludgeon seaspray earned a way into my collection from the movie lines along with warpath repaint sparkcrusher(the action master), red sideswipe repaint swerve( which is G1 autobot chase in my collection) and runamuck. I still need shadow striker(the black wheelie repaint) from the second movie line for a runabout to complete the duo. I feel a couple smaller bots are better representations of them than the collector club versions.

i've even added lugnut to the collection along with Drift as while they arent G1 bots they are great figures and good additions to the line. but i've passed on the tiny trailbreaker as him and hoist need something a bit more substantial in size to stand proudly with their teammates.

great job as always. as i said last podcast, you ever need someone to answer any questions on the old marvel comics, the FoC game or the classics line i'm always available. keep up the good work!
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414225)
    Posted by jON3.0 on August 28th, 2012 @ 1:12pm CDT
    I play videogames most evenings around 9-10 pm CST and my gamertag is jon3pnt0, so if anyone wants to sit in on some colorful TF gameplay commentary with the characters themselves, feel free to join! :P

Here is the rest of the Jack Angel interview!

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414248)
    Posted by Savage on August 28th, 2012 @ 2:35pm CDT
    Great episode as always, guys. Listening to the podcast always makes me feel like I'm back at a Botcon, talking TFs over dinner or drinks.

Maybe I'll finally take the plunge and get an Xbox so I can play some FoC with y'all.

For me, a Classics figure is any figure that provides a striking homage to the G1 character. Mainly, I want to look at my shelf and feel like I'm looking at the cast of the G1 cartoon/comic. I look for accuracy in color scheme, molded/paint details, robot and (to a lesser degree) alt mode. While most of my Classics display is made up of figures from the Classics/Universe/Generations/RtS lines, I have included a few exceptions for characters who have not received what I consider a Classics style upgrade. Such exceptions include RotF Bludgeon, Animated Swoop, PRID Arcee (as Classics Chromia).
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414287)
    Posted by Anonymous. on August 28th, 2012 @ 4:53pm CDT
    [color=teal]Fun episode to be in, hahaha. I'm Hemskinator on XBL.

I would like to say that the FoC customization is hell of fun, especially with the Prime + Full Level upgrades, when you can get the crown heads (Bumblebee, Optimus, Megatron, Starscream). Running around with a King Starscream character in multiplayer would be hilarious. Or... King Sunstorm ala MP11S

Might have to get 4 turtle microns and repaint them into the obvious.

There's actually a rare Micron auction going on right now; http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574891718&toolid=10001&campid=5336631220&customid=transformers&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fitm%2FTransformers-Arm%20...%20618wt_1271%3C%2Fa%3E

I wonder if Classics Grimlock will now be obsolete and forgotten with the FoC toy coming out..

[/color]
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414362)
    Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2012 @ 12:05am CDT

Ginrai is officially "Jin-rye". Compare the soft G sound in "God" to the hard G/J sound in "Ginrai":
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414578)
    Posted by Lord Onixprime on August 29th, 2012 @ 1:20pm CDT
    I still want this to happen. Next years subscription service maybe?
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414590)
    Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2012 @ 1:54pm CDT
    Lord Onixprime wrote:I still want this to happen. Next years subscription service maybe?
    =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Yeeeessssss.
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414768)
    Posted by Savage on August 29th, 2012 @ 10:34pm CDT

Fan-freaking-tastic!

And if I'm not mistaken, FunPub has used that mold for a previous Botcon exclusive, so perhaps they still have access to it?
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414771)
    Posted by joevill on August 29th, 2012 @ 10:36pm CDT
    Savage wrote:

Fan-freaking-tastic!

That is awesome! Make it happen Fun Pub!
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414788)
    Posted by jON3.0 on August 29th, 2012 @ 11:13pm CDT
    Sabrblade wrote:DUUUUUUUUUDE, Jon, I totally remember Van Pires! I used to love that show when it aired on (I think) Fox Kids. It had these human that turned into CGI car-based guys who were like half-man, half-car hybrids. :D :D :D

Haha! So cheesy that it's awesome! :P
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1414798)
    Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2012 @ 11:38pm CDT
    jON3.0 wrote:
    Sabrblade wrote:DUUUUUUUUUDE, Jon, I totally remember Van Pires! I used to love that show when it aired on (I think) Fox Kids. It had these humans that turned into CGI car-based guys who were like half-man, half-car hybrids. :D :D :D

Haha! So cheesy that it's awesome! :P
    It gets better. These teens did this by climbing into the driver's seats of junkyard car chassis and, after turning their keys into the ignition and yelling "Mission Ignition!", the car chassis literally morphed around the bodies of these guys turning them into the Motor Vators. :-B

The bad guys were similar beings only based on cars and folklore monsters instead of cars and humans. They were the Van-Pires and were led by Tracula, a truck/vampire hybrid. :KREMZEEK:

Oh, this show was so 90's and I loved it as a kid. :michaelbay:

Oh hello, Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Pires
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1415268)
    Posted by joevill on August 31st, 2012 @ 9:08am CDT
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1415377)
    Posted by jON3.0 on August 31st, 2012 @ 1:33pm CDT
    joevill wrote:BTW Jon, I loved the interview at the end and the Easter Egg at the end of the podcast. ;)

I wondered if anyone was going to catch that. :D
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1415562)
    Posted by Spaceship Bruce on August 31st, 2012 @ 10:18pm CDT
    Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #53 "Fall of Seibertron" (1415624)
    Posted by jON3.0 on September 1st, 2012 @ 12:24am CDT
    Spaceship Bruce wrote:2 hrs 36 minutes, & I'm guessing about half of that is Jon 3.0 giggling at his own jokes.

I will try sitting quietly and being boring. So sorry for displaying a sense of humor.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Toys R Us SDCC Exclusive - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 32 minutes 2 seconds
    TA-06 MEGATRON Transformers Animated complete Voyager 2008 Takara Tomy Japan - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 34 minutes 36 seconds
    TAKARA TRANSFORMERS G1 90 TIGERTRACK E-HOBBY EXCLUSIVE YELLOW SIDESWIPE - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 35 minutes 38 seconds
    Motormaster Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Mint in Sealed Box Original - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 14 minutes 43 seconds
    Generations Voyager Class Rhinox - Hasbro Transformers Beast Wars - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 11 minutes 38 seconds
    Generations Deluxe Class Kup - Hasbro Transformers 2011 - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 43 minutes 41 seconds
    Generations Deluxe Class Cybertronian Soundwave - Hasbro Transformers 2011 - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 13 minutes
    Generations Deluxe Class Warpath - Hasbro Transformers 2010 - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 14 minutes 3 seconds
    Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits