Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT"

Monday, September 10th, 2012 5:33PM CDT

Categories: People News, Media, Podcast
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 62,873

The Seibertron.com Twincast is back with another exciting episode! Join host Seibertron, along with cast members Tigertracks, Jon3.0, Razorclaw, and Joevill, along with special guest Paul Friemel/Diablien of Ript Apparel. The episode may be downloaded directly from Seibertron.com or from our RSS feed. The podcast will be available within 24 to 48 hours from iTunes once they have synched with Seibertron.com's RSS feed.

This episode includes:

* Interview with Paul Friemel
* Discussion of Ript Apparel
* Paul's character-centric collection
* GDO Leader Ironhide and Starscream
* APS-01 Striker Prime
* Dark Energon Edition Megatron
* Voyager Brawn Cancelled?
* Fall of Cybertron wrap up discussion (and spoilers!)
* Transformers Prime Legion figures
* Masterpiece Thundercracker
* TFCC/EHobby Solar Requiem
* TFCC Subscription Service Preview Comic
* Rainbow Shield Arms Microns
* Unproduced Transformers/Justice League Crossover Art
* Regeneration One #83
* Robots In Disguise #9
* Transformers Prime "Out of the Past"
* Bragging Rights!

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1418853)
Posted by joevill on September 10th, 2012 @ 11:42pm CDT
Let' see some photos of your collection Paul!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1418855)
Posted by Anonymous. on September 10th, 2012 @ 11:51pm CDT
Sick, BW Depth Charge's VA is Prime Shockwave? Dope.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1418901)
Posted by Starscream on September 11th, 2012 @ 9:12am CDT
Yeah I really should post some photos... I'll see if I can't scrounge something up.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1418912)
Posted by Starscream on September 11th, 2012 @ 10:00am CDT
Ok joe I found some old photos...

Here are some of the collection photos. These are pretty old and not up to date by any means. This is back when I had colored coordinated Evangelions in the shelves haha.

And here's the whole thing. It has ballooned into about 10 of these cases since this photo was taken.

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1418927)
Posted by lonrac on September 11th, 2012 @ 11:08am CDT
.... I care for circuit.

So does the generations scourge miss his target master partner that he combines his guns into a weapon approximation

So is this rainbow shield coming in line with the new 'energons' that are showing up on prime, Red energon.......

so now just waiting for new DLC for FOC to make it interesting again.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1418940)
Posted by ScottyP on September 11th, 2012 @ 11:48am CDT
Love the look of that character based collection! Very fun to see - diggin the Eva-Soundwave too.

Completely shameless plug, but since Bob brought it up in this week's episode - you can see my collection here if you'd like: scotty-p-s-collection-thread-t89249.php
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1418956)
Posted by Kibble on September 11th, 2012 @ 12:56pm CDT
Why fire Counterpunch?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419028)
Posted by ScottyP on September 11th, 2012 @ 4:04pm CDT
Suggestion going forward - some time stamps on when topics are discussed would be great - I just spoiled some comic material while trying to skip over the comic discussion so I wouldn't be spoiled :(
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419063)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on September 11th, 2012 @ 6:20pm CDT
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419108)
Posted by TulioDude on September 11th, 2012 @ 8:58pm CDT
a Cobra Viper wrote:I completely disagree with Ryan about the comics. Good riddance to the humans. The current run of comics with MTMTE and RiD is some of the best art and writing I've read in a Transformers title. Great stuff. I haven't read the Regeneration 1 series yet, but the other two are incredibly good without lame humans in it. Sorry(not actually), but, just like the movies, I do NOT care about humans. I want Transformers and Transformers stories.

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419110)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on September 11th, 2012 @ 9:03pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:

But, neither series is taking place on Earth, and the disguise thing (despite the title of "Robots In Disguise") is something left far behind. Alt modes are for increased mobility, firepower, or defense.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419152)
Posted by Seibertron on September 11th, 2012 @ 11:20pm CDT
Kibble wrote:Why fire Counterpunch?

We didn't "fire" Counterpunch. He has been unable to attend the last two weeks due to his new job. Not sure if that was the end of his time as host or not. Hopefully not because I'd prefer not to be the host.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419238)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on September 12th, 2012 @ 8:19am CDT
TulioDude wrote:But you do agree that having them on earth,diguised as vehicles wihtout humans would be silly, right? :-?

I prefer them to not be on Earth at all. They've been on Earth plenty. Go explore the galaxy now. Fix Cybertron. Both of which are being handled in the new comics.

I still don't see a reason that they would need humans in the comics if they were on Earth. It never made sense until the recent IDW when they were facing off then working with the military. I've never understood why they would befriend some kid and his dad or three school kids. Makes ZERO sense.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419265)
Posted by Seibertron on September 12th, 2012 @ 9:26am CDT
a Cobra Viper wrote:

For kids, it gives them something to which they can relate. I know when I was a kid that I thought it would be so cool to be Spike Witwicky.

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419270)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on September 12th, 2012 @ 9:46am CDT
Seibertron wrote:Obviously with the War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron video games and with the recent IDW comic books, there is certainly a viable way to do Transformers fiction without humans, but it is a key factor of the Transformers. I don't know about your preferences but I prefer Transformers that transform into vehicles, objects and things that I recognize than I do made up Cybertronian alternate modes. I don't mind made-up alt modes (G1 Hot Rod is one of my favorite toys) but I prefer Earth bound alternate modes and don't mind a few humans involved with the Transformers as long as they're not annoying and serve some purpose.

Ah, we differ on that opinion also, then. I would much rather have Cybertronian modes than Earth modes. That's not to say that I don't like some Earth modes, though. I'd much rather see War Within and WfC/FoC styles. I prefer them to have alt modes that get my imagination going. I don't care for Hasbro's recent trend of giving almost every TF an Earth mode whether they've ever had one or not. I don't believe Blurr ever had an Earth mode, but he was a recolor/remold of Drift. I'm not 100%, but I don't think Drift had been drawn with an Earth mode until after the toy was made, too.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419271)
Posted by Starscream on September 12th, 2012 @ 10:00am CDT
That's great but there is no point for having a cockpit on Cybertron...
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419276)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on September 12th, 2012 @ 10:11am CDT
Starscream wrote:That's great but there is no point for having a cockpit on Cybertron...

There's no point in being teamed up with children on Earth, either.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419280)
Posted by Starscream on September 12th, 2012 @ 10:15am CDT
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419318)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on September 12th, 2012 @ 12:05pm CDT
Starscream wrote:Sure there is. Your point does not refute the one I just made though. Get over it. Kids and transformers are a match made in heaven, and always will be!!!!!!!!

Your statement doesn't refute my opinion. There's a lot of things in Transformers that don't have a point. Please don't insult my opinion.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #54 "RIPT" (1419431)
Posted by Kibble on September 12th, 2012 @ 4:15pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Kibble wrote:Why fire Counterpunch?

Uh huh...I smell a cover up.

By the way, why does this emoticon point to a different one? I have to paste the address to it in the img function to use it...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering