Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada"

Monday, December 3rd, 2012 11:11PM CST

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 71,255

The Seibertron.com Twincast/Podcast is proud to present our latest episode, featuring host Counterpunch and fellow podcasters Jon 3.0, Tigertracks 24, and Razorclaw0000, along with special guest Blurrz. The episode is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes in 24 to 48 hours.

Topics include:

New Images of Upcoming Masterpiece, Arms Micron, Alternity GT, and Capbots.
Thundertron Concept Art
Twincast/Podcast Episode #58 "Armada"
Spoiler heavy comic discussion on Rage of the Dinobots #1, More Than Meets The Eye #11, and Robots In Disguise #11
Transformers Armada 10th Anniversary Roundtable

Twincast/Podcast Episode #58 "Armada"

For more Transformers Armada discussion, please visit our Anniversary article.

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444022)
Posted by Anonymous. on December 4th, 2012 @ 3:18am CST
NTS - Don't play with Armada Hoist while recording
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444159)
Posted by STngAR on December 4th, 2012 @ 1:10pm CST
Another great show guys. Although I couldnt watch Armada went it came out, and tried to give it a go a few years back there were some good toys from the series. Ive tried giving comics a read a few times but all ended in failure. Again I enjoy listening to the show :MAXIMAL:

Ping.........Ping............Ping
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444174)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 4th, 2012 @ 1:59pm CST
Just don't think of Slug as G1 Slag. Also, Japan, never got the WFC/FOC video games. ;)

I think the G1 Starscream also had a female fanbase, particularly in Japan since his Japanese voice wasn't like the high-pitched raspy shrill voice Chris Latta gave him, but more of a... "Bishonen" voice that many a Japanese female would find attractive.

That planet they fought Nemesis Prime on and got their Powerlinx colors wasn't Unicron. It was a planet composed of salt and technorganic materials. When we see them on Unicron later in the series but prior to Unicron's awakening, it's shown as a very dark and horrifying place, unlike the bright and sunlight look of the planet Nemesis was on.

Unicron's heralds in the comic were Galvatron, Scourge, Dirge, Thunderwing, and Bludgeon. :D

You could easily stop the countdown on Jetfire's weapon. While pulling the fin started the countdown, pressing it made the gun laser sound, which could stop the countdown. ;)

LOL at the countdown noise near the end. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rollermaster is Straxus and Choppermaster is Blaze Master. No, really. That's who their true identities are. "Rollermaster" and "Choppermaster" are codenames. ;)

Another great and moderate-in-length one, guys. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444179)
Posted by lonrac on December 4th, 2012 @ 2:19pm CST
Another great show guys,

Re: the New alternity, so what happened with Fortress???

Re Armada: the minicons redesigned the collectability of the toys,
and all the blind bags........... I still like to pop any universes minicons Universe/Generations/micron boosters, on Primes trailer/base.

Linkage was the best Comic of the series, and I'm not just thinking about Stella .
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444181)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 4th, 2012 @ 2:20pm CST
lonrac wrote:Re: the New alternity, so what happened with Fortress???
He's coming in Wave 2. Prime and Saber are the ones coming first, though, so they're all we've seen so far.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444283)
Posted by Samsonator on December 4th, 2012 @ 10:34pm CST
Another excellent foray into the madness that is the Twincast. Really glad about this one, as I've been going out of my way to hear fan opinions on Armada ten years later. I may not have the entire line, or mass amounts of mini-cons/microns, but I loved that line, and the comics, and to a far lesser extent, the show. In all forms of media, it really did have a lot going on, and paved the way for a lot of things to come, so it's really nice to hear a retrospective look at the good and the bad of this surprisingly influential series. Good on ya, gents.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444337)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 5th, 2012 @ 9:14am CST

The comics however and later Energon, good stuff. I was sad to see the book cancelled and was very interested in seeing where it was going. The dimension hopping? It's what my avatar and sig, my entire Seibertron persona is based on.
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444340)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 5th, 2012 @ 9:21am CST
Armada revived my waning love for Transformers, from the comics to the toys to the cartoon. Sadly, it was followed up by the worst series in TF, Energon and Cybertron. I was glad that I got to watch Super-Link and Galaxy Force later on. HUGE difference.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444343)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 5th, 2012 @ 9:35am CST
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444344)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2012 @ 9:39am CST
Flux Convoy wrote:Oh, and I'm surprised nobody jumped on this yet. Jetfire's gun makes another noise when you flick the sound trigger/activator upwards instead of down. It can be used to interrupt the countdown/pinging. Nobody else discovered this? For shame Armada fans! ;)
:BOT:
That's what I wrote.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444345)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 5th, 2012 @ 9:40am CST
Missed that, sorry.
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444422)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 5th, 2012 @ 3:20pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
:BOT:
That's what I wrote.

I knew but had no interest in killing the joke. ;)

That's called being a professional.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444468)
Posted by IronhidesGhost on December 5th, 2012 @ 8:47pm CST
I've got the Smokescreen with the micron on the back (arm swapped so the decal faces forward) and you all must do yourelves a favor and order that figure. It blew my mind. The mold suddenly pops with the color scheme. I showed my dad a side by side with him and Knockout and then told him it was the same mold. He said... NO WAY. So yeah... pull the trigger. Buy the figure. He will blow you away. There is a review up on youtube that should convince you, but even that doesn't do the in hand justice.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444565)
Posted by joevill on December 6th, 2012 @ 8:32am CST
I qued the podcast to download Monday night. I saw the name of the episode and I think it effected my sleep. That night I dreamed I was at a Super Walmart (It looked like an indoor swap meet). There was a huge card that had the first wave (Prime with deluxe Autobots and Megatron with deluxe Decepticons) for sale. It was some sort of 10 year anniversary package. It is funny how quickly reading something has an impact on your dreams!

Flux Convoy wrote:To this day, I do not get the love for Armada, the cartoon. It's pretty wretched. The first half of the first episode is great. Then, straight downhill. Go watch it again, I'll wait. Yes, some concepts were introduced that were interesting. Most were introduced poorly or in a completely confusing manner. Nearly the entirety of the show is difficult to watch due to how poor the writing and dialogue is. I beg you to watch it again and reconsider how you view it. The rose-tinted recollection is hard to swallow.

:BOT:

Even though I agree with the Podcast how the show improved as it went on, I feel the same way about about the cartoon too. As I watched it I felt like I was waiting for something good to happen. It lacked action. I remember when Hotshot got the Star Saber and it got exciting. It had me at the edge but nothing happened. I remember the Unicron tease with the annoying kids (BTW Carlos is the most annoying closely followed by Alexis). I continued to watch just to see what they do with Unicron. It was a loooooooooooooong wait!! :BOOM:

Blurrz wrote:NTS - Don't play with Armada Hoist while recording

Don't play with Armada Jetfire. That engine gun always goes off. I hate it.

STngAR wrote:Ping.........Ping............Ping

Stop it! ARghhh!! I think the anxiety of hearing that ping sound on the podcast made me gain more gray. :HEADHURTS:

I kept getting Tweets from a few people (who I shall not name) so I created a little video for them. :michaelbay:
Ping.........Ping............Ping

There wasn't a lot of Transformers news but Counterpunch, Jon 3.0, Tigertracks 24, Razorclaw0000, and Blurrz made it fun! I look forward to doing botshots with you Blurrz! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1444903)
Posted by lonrac on December 7th, 2012 @ 2:30pm CST
got the club astrotrain from a sale,

never could get that gun to worke
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1445181)
Posted by Vile MK III on December 8th, 2012 @ 9:39pm CST
Great episode guys =D The Armada discussion would of been a great time to b ring back the listener call-in ;)

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1445195)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 8th, 2012 @ 11:09pm CST
Vile MK III wrote:As a side note, my vote goes to a Figma Misha from energon, origanal and black biker repaint :KREMZEEK:

Hell yeah!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1445459)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 9th, 2012 @ 11:17pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:

Hell yeah!

I'd rather have a Micro(man)lady Misha in the yellow and orange outfit. Surprised we got Kicker and not her. Dunno what the beef is with Microman but they are great figures. Especially for their time. They preceded all the super articulated stuff that Toybiz was producing for Marvel Legends.
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1445499)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 10th, 2012 @ 7:16am CST
Counterpunch wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
:BOT:
That's what I wrote.

I knew but had no interest in killing the joke. ;)

I also knew but was too lazy to reply.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #58 "Armada" (1445695)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 10th, 2012 @ 10:53pm CST
Flux Convoy wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

Hell yeah!

:BOT:

I'll give you that it would be pretty cool to be able to pair her with Kicker in the MM format.

I think the real issue with MM figures at this point is that the sculpting never kept up. They can hide the joints pretty well now so I'd be interested in giving them another try.

Ending Soon On eBay

Vintage Transformers G1 Powermaster "OPTIMUS PRIME" Complete w/ Box MIB 1988 - Time Remaining: 24 days 5 hours 59 minutes 12 seconds
2004 Transformers RID Alternators Swindle Yellow Jeep Wrangler MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 29 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Transformers Movie RA-24 Buster Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 32 minutes 7 seconds
Vintage Transformers JETFIRE Robotech Valkyrie? Bandai 1984 Custom Pistol - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 48 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Platinum Ed Masterpiece Laserbeak LSE ONLY Soundwave Year of the Go - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 33 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers ROTF 3-PK Fury of Fearswoop New n Box! - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 20 minutes 31 seconds
TransFormers Movie 09 MudFlap Trax Dead End Audi R8 Deluxe G1 lot ROTF MOSC AOE - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 20 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers G1 Ravage-Diaclone Micro Cassette Robot Jaguar Beautiful Look! - Time Remaining: 3 days 54 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory