Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013"

Friday, July 5th, 2013 2:25PM CDT

Categories: Event News, Media, Podcast, Site News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 33,724

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Seibertron.com Twincast is on the streets of San Diego, giving you our thoughts on BotCon 2013! Join host Counterpunch along with regular crew Razorclaw, Seibertron, El Duque, tigertracks 24, and newcomer rpetras for discussions about the show and much more. As always, the episode is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes within 24 to 48 hours of this news post.

Episode #70 includes the following BotCon 2013 topics:

First-hand report from the show floor with Seibertron and El Duque!

Discussion about the location, lines, dealer room, and general show mechanics.

Discussion of all the BotCon 2013 exclusives

Twincast/Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013"

Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm

Twincast/Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013"

Platinum Edition

Twincast/Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013"

The recently announced SDCC Exclusives

Twincast/Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013"

Beast Hunters

Twincast/Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013"

Generations

Twincast/Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013"

Club Exclusives

Twincast/Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013"

Bragging Rights

--------------------------------

Thank you for listening to the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. We really appreciate all of the support we receive.
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1500965)
Posted by Flashwave on July 5th, 2013 @ 5:08pm CDT
Ryan, Ican agree on wanting a predictable schedule, I can agree with that. But Botcon travels for the same reason Superbowl moves around. Yes, you wanna go to a football game? there's plentyy of games that are very nice games, but the big dog game is Superbowl, and it moves around so that those of us in one side of the countrtyy that may not be ab;e to travel to it this year, can do it next year, or two years from nowBotcon needs a better schedule, its not been in the middle of the country for a while, but when it was, it was chicago, lexington, back to back.

Ultra Magnus: I really wanted to like the Weaponizer version, but the colors, the crappy truck mode pulled me away. I actualy preferrecd the look of the PRID version over the Voyager BH version if the PRID had the tighter joints and the hammer pegged into his truck mode right I wouldn't be thinking twice about a new Magnus. As it is, the BH's shoulder missiles are more interesting than the spinning gatling guns. If we'd gotten WEeponizer's turrets, plus the shoulder missiles, decent shoulderpads that are not haning into the next lane of traffic, maybe turned the shade of blue

TFGO: I REALLY want three of the Sharks... to go with my Alpha Q... and then they can combine, one legs, one arms, one torso...

Convention shows: Really, I don't think the Botcon is in compettion with any of the shows, its the scope of things, the sizes, Botxon is the official, and all the others are people having fun with the products. train Shows do the same thing, we have big offical shows and little swap meets.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1500994)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on July 5th, 2013 @ 8:36pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:Ryan, Ican agree on wanting a predictable schedule, I can agree with that. But Botcon travels for the same reason Superbowl moves around. Yes, you wanna go to a football game? there's plentyy of games that are very nice games, but the big dog game is Superbowl, and it moves around so that those of us in one side of the countrtyy that may not be ab;e to travel to it this year, can do it next year, or two years from nowBotcon needs a better schedule, its not been in the middle of the country for a while, but when it was, it was chicago, lexington, back to back.


yeah slight problem with your logic there, they keep going back to california. 3 of the last five were in california. why not Oklahoma, Ohio, Louisiana, or Rhode Island, the home of Hasbro? also, Texas is such a massive state, that I wouldnt mind Texas being broken down into three areas. they've done dallas, why not San Antonio or Houston?


also, Podcasters, during the Generations roundup y'all failed to mention Legends Sharpshot with reflector, what kind of Micromaster Tailgate comes with, Deluxe Skywarp, Scoop, and Armada Starscream. and so I ask, to those who were there and saw the slides, what are they like? is Skywarp his proper Black deco or is he just a less shiney version of Takara's deco choice? what can we expect from Scoop's Targetmasters? Does Armada SS have Swindle?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501021)
Posted by ScottyP on July 5th, 2013 @ 11:21pm CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:also, Podcasters, during the Generations roundup y'all failed to mention Legends Sharpshot with reflector, what kind of Micromaster Tailgate comes with, Deluxe Skywarp, Scoop, and Armada Starscream. and so I ask, to those who were there and saw the slides, what are they like? is Skywarp his proper Black deco or is he just a less shiney version of Takara's deco choice? what can we expect from Scoop's Targetmasters? Does Armada SS have Swindle?


While at the convention, there was an honest attempt to record opinions on such things.

We got too drunk and the end result wasn't something anyone would want to listen to.

You can blame me for this :)


As far as decos, only grey protos were shown.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501027)
Posted by Fender Bender on July 5th, 2013 @ 11:52pm CDT
Ratchet from 2005 had the "scanner" accessory and Thrust had the remolded wings.

So there have been Botcon toys with other remolded parts or added parts that weren't with the original.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501047)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 6th, 2013 @ 4:43am CDT
ScottyP wrote:We got too drunk and the end result wasn't something anyone would want to listen to.

You can blame me for this :)

I don't. I blame the alcohol. It was nice to meet you and your lovely lady. :) I still kind of want to hear the podcast if only to hear the unbearable mess that I know it is. Heh. It's also my only appearance, however brief, so far.
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501053)
Posted by lonrac on July 6th, 2013 @ 6:50am CDT
Great Show again guys.

So does your deathgarrygun allow you to attach all three cargo containers or is it one of the badly moulded ones that only allow you to attach two.

actually that leaves a question from me, does the likes of the Deathgarrygun, or Grandstand's Omegatron count? they do have 'takara' on their base.....
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501086)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 6th, 2013 @ 10:42am CDT
lonrac wrote:Great Show again guys.

So does your deathgarrygun allow you to attach all three cargo containers or is it one of the badly moulded ones that only allow you to attach two.

actually that leaves a question from me, does the likes of the Deathgarrygun, or Grandstand's Omegatron count? they do have 'takara' on their base.....


All three containers attach. I...might have played with this feature at great length after getting him. >:oP

How do you mean "count"? As part of the TF line? No. They are Brave toys. That being said, I don't care. I pop SG symbols on them and go to town.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501116)
Posted by Seibertron on July 6th, 2013 @ 1:16pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
ScottyP wrote:We got too drunk and the end result wasn't something anyone would want to listen to.

You can blame me for this :)

I don't. I blame the alcohol. It was nice to meet you and your lovely lady. :) I still kind of want to hear the podcast if only to hear the unbearable mess that I know it is. Heh. It's also my only appearance, however brief, so far.
:BOT:


I haven't had a chance to go through the recording we made late on Saturday night at BotCon. We were all a little on the tipsy side. I'm almost afraid to listen to it but it might be pretty entertaining. I think next year I'll try to record an episode on Saturday night a little earlier. I couldn't believe how many people we had around at the end of the night. I think we went from 5 of us to start to ending up with about 20 or so.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501133)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 6th, 2013 @ 2:01pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I haven't had a chance to go through the recording we made late on Saturday night at BotCon. We were all a little on the tipsy side. I'm almost afraid to listen to it but it might be pretty entertaining. I think next year I'll try to record an episode on Saturday night a little earlier. I couldn't believe how many people we had around at the end of the night. I think we went from 5 of us to start to ending up with about 20 or so.

I think a lot of that is due to the fact that we just happened to be there. I was with a large group only feet away and we had planted ourselves there with our bottles. Bunch of Seibertronians there too... in various states of sobriety. ;)
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501137)
Posted by Seibertron on July 6th, 2013 @ 2:10pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I haven't had a chance to go through the recording we made late on Saturday night at BotCon. We were all a little on the tipsy side. I'm almost afraid to listen to it but it might be pretty entertaining. I think next year I'll try to record an episode on Saturday night a little earlier. I couldn't believe how many people we had around at the end of the night. I think we went from 5 of us to start to ending up with about 20 or so.

I think a lot of that is due to the fact that we just happened to be there. I was with a large group only feet away and we had planted ourselves there with our bottles. Bunch of Seibertronians there too... in various states of sobriety. ;)
:BOT:


There were quite a few Seibertronians there. That was really nice to see everyone. I liked those guys from Alaska. I was fascinated by talking face-to-face with TF collectors from Alaska and the challenges they have as collectors to obtain products that we can so easily obtain.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501202)
Posted by Blurrz on July 6th, 2013 @ 6:52pm CDT
Great BotCon coverage and a really good all around podcast!

I really wonder why the ties between Hasbro/Club and the fansites are always so... sour? For goodness sake, Takara is letting people vote for their next Masterpiece figure. That's freaking big. What do we get? We get to maybe, maybe get one or two of our five favorite characters inducted into some Hall of Fame ceremony that I'd think would be a part of fanfiction.net. I understand we get to vote for a 'new' Transformers character for the thrilling 30.. but I.. really don't need another Drift in the continuity when countless characters from other eras are left without new renditions.

I guess the club could afford to copy the dozens of customisers who made the Sideswipe/Sunstreaker mold into Counterpunch years before they decided to make it themselves. Those customs sold for big money. And the custom class Longarm/Shockwave that I believe was a Cheets custom wasn't all too hard to pull off either for the 2012 'con. But to do Chromedome, it's not going to look the same if they don't add the wheels and the pipes. I guess they're cashing in on the name while MTMTE is still hot.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501266)
Posted by Stormrider on July 6th, 2013 @ 10:47pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
SG Roadbuster wrote:also, Podcasters, during the Generations roundup y'all failed to mention Legends Sharpshot with reflector, what kind of Micromaster Tailgate comes with, Deluxe Skywarp, Scoop, and Armada Starscream. and so I ask, to those who were there and saw the slides, what are they like? is Skywarp his proper Black deco or is he just a less shiney version of Takara's deco choice? what can we expect from Scoop's Targetmasters? Does Armada SS have Swindle?


While at the convention, there was an honest attempt to record opinions on such things.

We got too drunk and the end result wasn't something anyone would want to listen to.

You can blame me for this :)


As far as decos, only grey protos were shown.



I'm interested in Tailgate as well. What mold is being used for it?


Overall I do like the new Metroplex and I have one pre-ordered, but I do not agree it's a perfect toy and do I think the fandom's complaints are warranted. For example:

1. Hands - With 30 years worth of engineering, there is no excuse that the hands do not retract in alt mode. They don't even fold up! The design is absolutely lazy as they lay awkwardly in the two alt modes.

2. City Mode - It is rather average. For the largest Transformer, I was expecting more. More bays, more towers or buildings, more platforms, more anything that would make me say "hey, that's a city!". Instead we're given something that is halfway between a city and robot mode.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501338)
Posted by ScottyP on July 7th, 2013 @ 10:50am CDT
Stormrider wrote:

I'm interested in Tailgate as well. What mold is being used for it?


The only prototype shown using an existing mold was FoC Skywarp, iirc. The tailgate mold appears to be all new, and given it's legend size, it better be! It felt like an Animated toy in that quick look - so close to the source material you'll be amazed they pulled it off.

Whirl looked great as well, though bot mode is not as stylized as his comic robot mode as that may be near impossible to replicate, but it looks like they got really damn close. Helicopter mode looked dead on perfect.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501370)
Posted by joevill on July 7th, 2013 @ 12:53pm CDT
Welcome Randy, your a natural!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501416)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2013 @ 3:26pm CDT
Wait. For how much did you guys say BBTS was selling Metroplex in the dealer room?

Regarding "Why didn't Hoist have a new accessory?" - A variation of this question was asked at Friday's TCC comic panel. Specificaly, it was was asked why Electro didn't have a sword like the original toy did and why Megaplex, being a Megatron clone, didn't have a cannon. The answer for these can also apply to Hoist's lack of a new accessory. It is due to Fun Pub's budget enabling them to only remold one aspect of each figure to be remolded, and the headsculpts tend to take the highest priority. 2007 Thrust's wings were a special case since that toy did not need a new head.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501450)
Posted by Stormrider on July 7th, 2013 @ 7:13pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Stormrider wrote:

I'm interested in Tailgate as well. What mold is being used for it?


The only prototype shown using an existing mold was FoC Skywarp, iirc. The tailgate mold appears to be all new, and given it's legend size, it better be! It felt like an Animated toy in that quick look - so close to the source material you'll be amazed they pulled it off.

Whirl looked great as well, though bot mode is not as stylized as his comic robot mode as that may be near impossible to replicate, but it looks like they got really damn close. Helicopter mode looked dead on perfect.



Thanks. Cool that Tailgate may be a new mold. I didn't realize that Whirl was also shown. I am excited for the next year.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501461)
Posted by IronhidesGhost on July 7th, 2013 @ 7:48pm CDT
Hey guys, half way through the show and just heard the beating up on Bruticus section. I picked up Ruination yesterday and opened him up today and while, yes, it is the same toy (which I thought was interesting on some levels first time around... but yes horrible...) the Wrecker team is leaps and bounds beyond. The heads and new weapons are all worth the $12.99 I got each for.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501479)
Posted by Seibertron on July 7th, 2013 @ 9:20pm CDT
I'm listening to the drunken Podcast that we recorded at BotCon. It's actually pretty entertaining so far. I was pretty lit while we were recording this ... it's a little assuring to hear that I don't sound quite as bad as I was worried about.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501484)
Posted by Seibertron on July 7th, 2013 @ 9:37pm CDT
I love how all of my catch phrases seem to come out one by one in the onsite-BotCon recording.

Omigod. This thing is hilarious. It just degrades at the end when a bunch of people show up at which point ScottyP does his best to hold it altogether while I'm MIA. I abandoned my computer for a while. Who knows where I went. All of a sudden I pop up and yell "I'm on ScottyP's computer!!!"

I don't know if anyone will actually enjoy listening to all of this but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had feared. It's a great capture of the BotCon moment.

Ah, good times. We have to do these recordings at BotCon every year from this point forward.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501562)
Posted by ScottyP on July 8th, 2013 @ 8:38am CDT
Seibertron wrote:Omigod. This thing is hilarious. It just degrades at the end when a bunch of people show up at which point ScottyP does his best to hold it altogether while I'm MIA. I abandoned my computer for a while. Who knows where I went.


:lol: I remember that part. I think people thought they could be heard by a mic but I wasn't hearing jack on my side so I got woefully confused.


Seibertron wrote:I don't know if anyone will actually enjoy listening to all of this but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had feared. It's a great capture of the BotCon moment.

Ah, good times. We have to do these recordings at BotCon every year from this point forward.


Most definitely, was a ton of fun. I'll have to liquor up Bob, Mike, and Jon at Charticon and get them to do the same.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501582)
Posted by Seibertron on July 8th, 2013 @ 10:39am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Most definitely, was a ton of fun. I'll have to liquor up Bob, Mike, and Jon at Charticon and get them to do the same.


You guys will have to give me a call so that I can join in. :D
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501687)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 8th, 2013 @ 5:55pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I love how all of my catch phrases seem to come out one by one in the onsite-BotCon recording.

Omigod. This thing is hilarious. It just degrades at the end when a bunch of people show up at which point ScottyP does his best to hold it altogether while I'm MIA. I abandoned my computer for a while. Who knows where I went. All of a sudden I pop up and yell "I'm on ScottyP's computer!!!"

I don't know if anyone will actually enjoy listening to all of this but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had feared. It's a great capture of the BotCon moment.

Ah, good times. We have to do these recordings at BotCon every year from this point forward.

I am liking this with all of my might!
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1501778)
Posted by rpetras on July 9th, 2013 @ 12:44am CDT
joevill wrote:Welcome Randy, your a natural!



Thanks!

I had a lot of fun!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1503568)
Posted by Psychomud on July 16th, 2013 @ 1:57am CDT
Hey all,

I have a quick humorous (I think) story to share with the TWINCAST Podcast gang. (RE: TFCC, "the club")

Is there an email address I can email them at?

-Jeff Witty
aka Psychomud
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1503643)
Posted by ScottyP on July 16th, 2013 @ 9:25am CDT
Psychomud wrote:Hey all,

I have a quick humorous (I think) story to share with the TWINCAST Podcast gang. (RE: TFCC, "the club")

Is there an email address I can email them at?

-Jeff Witty
aka Psychomud


I'd just PM one of the regular cast members.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1505249)
Posted by Hypershock on July 20th, 2013 @ 11:37pm CDT
i've been trying for weeks to get this downloaded and every time, no dice. :( is there anything you guys can do on your end or something you can recommend that will get this downloaded?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1505531)
Posted by ScottyP on July 22nd, 2013 @ 10:56am CDT
Hypershock wrote:i've been trying for weeks to get this downloaded and every time, no dice. :( is there anything you guys can do on your end or something you can recommend that will get this downloaded?


I've had that happen in Firefox on the direct download several episodes back, I actually just used Chrome instead in that instance and it went through fine. Hasn't happened in awhile though.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1505616)
Posted by Hypershock on July 22nd, 2013 @ 7:13pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Hypershock wrote:i've been trying for weeks to get this downloaded and every time, no dice. :( is there anything you guys can do on your end or something you can recommend that will get this downloaded?


I've had that happen in Firefox on the direct download several episodes back, I actually just used Chrome instead in that instance and it went through fine. Hasn't happened in awhile though.

i usually get mine through iTunes. This used to happen a lot with this podcast, but until this one it had pretty much stopped happening
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1505893)
Posted by Delicon on July 23rd, 2013 @ 9:49pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Omigod. This thing is hilarious. It just degrades at the end when a bunch of people show up at which point ScottyP does his best to hold it altogether while I'm MIA. I abandoned my computer for a while. Who knows where I went.


:lol: I remember that part. I think people thought they could be heard by a mic but I wasn't hearing jack on my side so I got woefully confused.


Seibertron wrote:I don't know if anyone will actually enjoy listening to all of this but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had feared. It's a great capture of the BotCon moment.

Ah, good times. We have to do these recordings at BotCon every year from this point forward.


Most definitely, was a ton of fun. I'll have to liquor up Bob, Mike, and Jon at Charticon and get them to do the same.


A lot of that podcast for me is a blur, but I do remember randomly cover over to your table with more beer for no real reason. Stuff like this is what BotCon is all about and hopefully we all get to hear it soon. And Scott, from what I Do remember you really did a nice job, you seemed very natural. Hopefully you get on the "big show" soon.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1505991)
Posted by ScottyP on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:43am CDT
Delicon wrote:
A lot of that podcast for me is a blur, but I do remember randomly cover over to your table with more beer for no real reason. Stuff like this is what BotCon is all about and hopefully we all get to hear it soon. And Scott, from what I Do remember you really did a nice job, you seemed very natural. Hopefully you get on the "big show" soon.


Thanks for the kind words! It was good to hang out with you again. I'm on the next regular episode, which isn't up yet.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1506211)
Posted by Delicon on July 24th, 2013 @ 4:09pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Delicon wrote:
A lot of that podcast for me is a blur, but I do remember randomly cover over to your table with more beer for no real reason. Stuff like this is what BotCon is all about and hopefully we all get to hear it soon. And Scott, from what I Do remember you really did a nice job, you seemed very natural. Hopefully you get on the "big show" soon.


Thanks for the kind words! It was good to hang out with you again. I'm on the next regular episode, which isn't up yet.


I am looking forward to hearing that. It was good to see you and Candace again, also. I give her a lot of credit - a lot of wives and girlfriends at BotCon just don't "get it" and have a hard time enjoying themselves. She's definitely not that way.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #70 "BotCon 2013" (1506627)
Posted by Hypershock on July 25th, 2013 @ 11:30pm CDT
finally managed to get it :) i totally agree with Matt about the blitzwing mold not being a good fit for overlord. It could be done, sure, but i think it would feel just like this Doubledealer. It's great that they acknowledged him, but if they really wanted, they probably could have done something better.
i think flywheels and battletrap are gonna come from the club, myself, but it would have been awesome if they had been mainline. Flywheels was even in the comics, temporarily....
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014