Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"

Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 12:39PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Digital Media News, Podcast
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 56,657

Assume the position and get ready to be hazed, bro, it's time for another crucial episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast/Podcast. Chapter President Counterpunch initiates the other brothers Jon 3.0, Scotty P, and Seibertron, as we break super secret probation just in time for rush.

Episode 92 "Extinction Season" is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes within 24 to 48 hours of when this news post is visible.

Botcon registration has gone live - did the cast get signed up smoothly or did it all bomb? Tune in to find out.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"
Never coming back to the East Coast.

Age of Extinction toys hit the internet today and will start (officially) hitting shelves later this week, but they've already hit the world famous Seibertron galleries! We talk about the Leader Class and Deluxe Class toys right off the bat. Tune in to hear some in-hand thoughts as we help you get pumped up for movie season!

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"
Check him on the shelf carefully, that chrome can be rough.

We then turn our attention to the store exclusives for AOE, featuring Walmart and their Beast Wars resurrection of sorts.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"
Something expected, and something totally out of nowhere. Awesome!

We don't leave out the lazy Minicon repackages at Toys R Us or the chromed out stylings from Target either. Just how much chrome is too much? I don't think we talk about that, but we definitely give our thoughts on the potential of these redecos.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"
Your new obligatory Prime redeco - chrome silver.

Even the Construct-bots toys get some time in our spotlight of words. How long does it take for condemnation to occur?

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"
Differenty? Yeah, a little.

After a brief interlude about the last waves of Beast Hunters, we consider another group of delayed toys in the most recent Generations waves. Is the sky falling? Is Generations dead? Do we care? The answers: No, no, and of course.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"
Now 100% more fat

We circle back around to Botcon and consider their final reveal, Fire Guts Ginrai. This discussion is so exciting it causes dead air, technical difficulties, and a flash flood warning. Tune in as we help justify the choices made for this toy - or not.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"
But what does the Scouter say about his power level?

We wrap up almost 90 minutes of toy talk with a look at Masterpiece 22 Ultra Magnus. Does this toy look like it will fulfill our dreams? Or will it never be fit to carry our Datsuns?

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"
Fulfiller of dreams, all the way

Free comic book day unleashed a rather interesting looking GI Joe/Transformers crossover book. Listen in as Jon 3.0 unleashes the fury on this project. We continue our talk of comics by discussing parts of More Than Meets The Eye 28 and Robots in Disguise 28.

**SPOILER ALERT** - We do discuss some of the upcoming MTMTE 29 that is to be released this week. The spoilers are very minor, but they are there. Skip ahead to 1:51:16 in the file when the TF/GI Joe crossover discussion ends to avoid this part of the comic discussion if desired.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"
Comic talk is back!

We take a listener question, and then wrap up with some bragging rights.

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season"

Thanks everyone for listening and we appreciate the continued support! Don't forget, the show only gets better if you tell us how. Drop us a review on iTunes and be sure to tell us what you love, what you hate, and what you want to hear!

Not on the show to give your take? Probably not, so don't forget to keep the discussion going on the Seibertron.com Energon Pub Forums by simply replying to this post!

Got a question for the Twincast? We take all of them, we just don't take them all seriously! Leave a question in the Ask the Twincast thread and, if it makes the cut, it may get read and answered on the show.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573637)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:09pm CDT
We got plenty of upscaled BH Deluxes here in Norwich TRU, if any of you are interested!
Though they might disappear by the end of this week. Just shoot me a PM.

As for the FCBD TFvsG.I. Joe - I still have very very mixed feelings about it. The comics staff know about the difficulties both Matt and I had to try and review this, that it never actually happened. Though it might still show up at some point. But yeah. Peculiar choices.

About Andrew Griffith and humans: apparently something may have gone wrong in the colouring (not that the colouring is wrong, but it was done differently from what Andrew thought it was going to be, and some of the faces warped a bit). So he told me, at least. I'm trying to chase down the black and white version to compare!

Also, for Jon:

And congratulations ScottyP! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573671)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 13th, 2014 @ 5:24pm CDT
Nah nah Va'al This is the real deal

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573676)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 13th, 2014 @ 5:55pm CDT
Ah yes, it does have the PHAYLUS.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573716)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 13th, 2014 @ 9:02pm CDT
I hope everyone is still enjoying these.

Let us know if it's working for you.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573726)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 13th, 2014 @ 10:15pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I hope everyone is still enjoying these.

Let us know if it's working for you.

Enjoying the Podcast? Hells yeah I enjoy it! As long as you guys want to talk about it, I want to hear your thoughts.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573744)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 14th, 2014 @ 1:08am CDT
Aren't the regular AOE figures part of Generations? I hate to say it but Hasbro said that Generations would be side by side with movie product, well, there you go.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573761)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 14th, 2014 @ 3:55am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I hope everyone is still enjoying these.

Let us know if it's working for you.

You sounded like you were all having fun. I snortled several times. :D
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573799)
Posted by ScottyP on May 14th, 2014 @ 8:55am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I hope everyone is still enjoying these.

Let us know if it's working for you.

Echoing this and speaking for myself now - I crave feedback on these. The content you hear, topic wise, comes from me, then gets filtered by Mike as we go depending on the feel of the conversation and how much time we've used. That said, I'm always curious how we're doing on that content. As a complete "For instance" - do we need more comic talk? Less? More plot summary on the issues? Did we get too obscure in a toy topic? Would you rather hear less news and more "Ask the Twincast" style stuff? Did bragging rights go too long? Was a particular segment totally awesome and you want to hear more like it? That's the kind of stuff that at least I get very curious about. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing the praise, it gives me warm fuzzies, but we're big boys so feel free to criticize, just keep it classy.

Then there's the technical stuff - do you like the mp3 format, or would you want a complex m4a with pictures and chapters? (as a note here, we tried out chapters and no one cared. This also would make the time between episodes much greater) Would you want this done Google Hangout/Youtube style? Stuff like that.

tl;dr Let us know what you think of the show, and as always, you're all awesome!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573807)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 14th, 2014 @ 9:31am CDT
While pictures might be cool, I wouldn't want to wait longer for podcast. I like the bi-weekly format. Besides, If I'm listening, I usually have access to the interweb, and can search for whatever you're talking about.

If you really, REALLY want some feedback, I'll nitpick the comics; I always enjoyed when you guys had Blurrz talking about that. I also think it would be cool ifmyou got Va'al on board sometimes. He always does such great reviews.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573873)
Posted by worldsgreatest on May 14th, 2014 @ 11:48am CDT
Seriously guys? JOSH BOYFRIEND is the greatest thing that's ever happened to the Transformers Universe.

Thundercracker rules.

Also the art in the GI JOE/Transformers crossover rules.

Great interview with Tom Scioli here:

http://www.transmissionspodcast.com/201 ... interview/
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573875)
Posted by Convoy on May 14th, 2014 @ 11:54am CDT
I listen. I like it. I don't comment as often as I should.
I like the mp3 format and the ability to download directly.
The summary in the post works well because it has pictures and you can click the links to the galleries to see what you guys are talking about. It beats the heck out of a slideshow built in because I can stare at the Magnus prototype, for instance, and still listen.
Other than that, please don't integrate the Twincast into a social media site like FB or G+ or whatever it is kids use these days.

Keep up the great work, all!

Now get off my lawn!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573886)
Posted by ScottyP on May 14th, 2014 @ 12:28pm CDT
Awesome feedback so far, keep it comin'! I mean, if you have any.

Convoy wrote:

Nah, no plans on that. There's a tiny slim remote possibility that one day we'll do video and put it on Youtube like RFC, but that's a really tiny slim remote possibility just because of editing. Plus, because the cast has such dashing good looks, we wouldn't want creepers creepin.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573952)
Posted by Seibertron on May 14th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CDT
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573961)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 14th, 2014 @ 5:10pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I was thinking the other day that it would be fun to put a few of these podcasts up on YouTube, just to try something new. We could use pictures from the news story for the imagery during the "video". I listen to a lot of YouTube while I'm photographing Transformers ... I'm sure others listen like I do instead of watching.

That'd be fun, Only thing is you gotta deal with the cesspit that is the Youtube Comment section.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1573988)
Posted by Convoy on May 14th, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
This is the triple changer jon3.0 is looking for.

My favorite part about the Twincast is hearing true blue Transformers fans discussing Transformers.
So, I guess my favorite part is that it is what it is.
The stuff that makes me chuckle most is the stuff that isn't planned. Like hearing pew-pews in the background while someone is watching The Transformers or when you can hear someone transforming a Transformer. It just makes me laugh.
:lol:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1574095)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 15th, 2014 @ 12:21am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I know! It certainly is a good thing, I mean a REALLY good thing, that we don't have terrible people like youtube does! ;)
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1574334)
Posted by mooncake623 on May 15th, 2014 @ 10:54am CDT
Heard you guys talk about King Grimlock

From BBTS
2nd run King Grimlock MP-08X $259.99 in July.

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1574360)
Posted by ScottyP on May 15th, 2014 @ 11:54am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Heard you guys talk about King Grimlock

From BBTS
2nd run King Grimlock MP-08X $259.99 in July.

We made it happen.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1574387)
Posted by mooncake623 on May 15th, 2014 @ 1:29pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:Heard you guys talk about King Grimlock

From BBTS
2nd run King Grimlock MP-08X $259.99 in July.

We made it happen.

Nice! I'm ordering one thanks!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #92 "Extinction Season" (1575335)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 19th, 2014 @ 8:14am CDT
I love listening to the podcast. The topics and format are just fine by me.

However, I thought that Jon 3.0 was way out of line during the comic talk. "Come on, Ryan, they're just built that way" was pretty offensive. I didn't think it was a "funny joke" at all.

I don't understand why people get so up in arms about Transformers having relationships. They are sentient beings with emotions. They're going to have feelings for others just as humans do.

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN BLURR DELUXE CLASS ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 29 minutes 26 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS TF GENERATIONS TG05 TG-05 BRAWL - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 16 minutes 37 seconds
Mp Tracks Transformers Masterpiece 25 Takara Tomy Corvette Coin Figure New Chevr - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 1 minute 51 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS TF GENERATIONS TG06 TG-06 SWINDLE - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 18 minutes 56 seconds
100% Hasbro Transformers Combiner War G2 Superion Quickslinger Powrglide Firefly - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 36 minutes 28 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS TF GENERATIONS TG07 TG-07 ONSLAUGHT - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 36 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers G1 1985 WHIRL loose figure bandai - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 26 minutes 13 seconds
100% Hasbro Transformers Platinum Ed Dinobots G1 Head Grimlock Slug Slog Set 5 - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 27 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks