Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed

Transformers News: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed

Sunday, July 28th, 2013 10:40AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,317

Also from our friend at Autobase Aichi we have images of the newly revealed Non-Transforming Ultimetal Optimus Prime by Action Toys from Summer Wonderfest. The figure is based on G1 Optimus Prime, stands 17 inches tall, features remote control lights and sounds, moving faceplate, and removable panels that reveal Prime's inner workings. Enjoy the images mirrored below.

Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime

Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime

Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime
Credit(s): Autobase Aichi
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507227)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 28th, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT
that is pretty cool although he doesn't look all that different from my original size Masterpiece Prime which also transforms. though if i didnt have that, this would definitely be a worthy replacement as i display him in robot form anyway.
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507230)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 28th, 2013 @ 10:58am CDT
ANOTHER oversized non-Transform-er?

Well, I have to admit, this Optimus actually makes up for his lack of a truck mode.

Say, that Roadbuster/Mugen Calibur next to him...it looks cool, but is that the same one that someone said actually sucks in some random thread a few weeks ago? And is it in the same case here because it's actually considered a TF product, not Dorvack?
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507235)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 28th, 2013 @ 11:21am CDT
I just don't know what to think of all this. I have no interest for this but I suppose this would be ideal for anyone that missed out on Hasbro anniversary OP or TRU MP OP. I have this feeling that we may see more of these over-sized Action Masters.

Are there acceptions hell yes like that new EM Gokin Roadbuster

Years back there was a 12inch (I think) metallic non-transforming OP and this reminds me of just that.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... 772739.jpg

Except this new thing obviously has more bells and whistles. :VEHI:
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507240)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 28th, 2013 @ 11:40am CDT
This is pretty damn cool, but I have a feeling it would work better at a smaller scale.
So this will be a widely available piece, or is it one of those Wonderfest exclusive fan made kits (although it looks too professional to be one of those)?

All I can tell right now is that it's going to be super expensive.
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507241)
Posted by Blozor on July 28th, 2013 @ 11:47am CDT
The Roadbuster would be nice if it was actual sized instead of 5 inches tall. Roadbuster should be about Voyager sized. Oh well, here's hoping Dorvak or HasTak gets their heads out of their asses and either repaints the updated Transforming Mugen Calibur figure or, even better, makes a Roadbuster based on Guidi's All Hail Megatron design. (Why has no Third Party company thought of this yet?)
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507245)
Posted by MenaceRX on July 28th, 2013 @ 12:02pm CDT
I like it, I am in that category of people who didnt get and MP-10 last year. So if it was reasonably priced I would pick up that version of Prime for display. It doesnt bother me to not transform him for display purposes. But $$$ cost is the driving factor. If its under $100 i would pick it up. Any more and I would pass.
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507249)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 28th, 2013 @ 12:09pm CDT
Make a Megatron, make him easily available, and make him affordable, then we'll talk. >:oP
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507257)
Posted by TreyTable on July 28th, 2013 @ 12:54pm CDT
But how much does it cost?
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507265)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 28th, 2013 @ 1:33pm CDT
Oh wow. At first I was wondering what the point is if we already have an amazing detailed MP Prime, but this actually looks pretty awesome.
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507293)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 28th, 2013 @ 3:35pm CDT
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507361)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 28th, 2013 @ 8:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:2-foot tall non-TFing Scorponok = fail, but 17-inch non-TFing Optimus = win? :???:

Probably because you can't take panels off that Scorp to see his guts. Still, that's kind of offset by him being in better scale with Max, whereas this Op doesn't really fit too well with anything else.

Personally, I have a HUGE list of awesome transforming stuff that I haven't saved up for yet, so I'm content to just know of the existence of all these merely-poseable guys.
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507375)
Posted by T-Macksimus on July 28th, 2013 @ 10:00pm CDT
Definitely a niche item. Many are going to think it sucks since it's a non-transforming "Transformer" but for those of us with Prime sub-collections of our overall TF collections, (of which I have only 36 Primes) this would make for a very cool centerpiece. Having just pulled my two boxes of Primes from storage and consolidated (and photographed) them into one heavier duty storage container, I find it almost frustrating that there have been two new Primes pictured this week that I would absolutely LOVE to lay my hands on. Never going to happen what with the prices including shipping but it's still nice to dream and to mentally add them to my "Holy Grail" list.
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507378)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 28th, 2013 @ 10:24pm CDT
The neatest part of this piece is the opening panels letting you see his inner workings.
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507404)
Posted by FortMacs on July 28th, 2013 @ 11:50pm CDT
another non transforming transformer. another easy pass. not even slightly interested.
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507422)
Posted by xyl360 on July 29th, 2013 @ 1:26am CDT

Hehe, not my sentiments. Quite the opposite. I LOVE the looks of that Scorponok and will snatch him up if his color scheme looks legit when done.

I have Takara MP-10, so this is completely pointless to me.
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507428)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 29th, 2013 @ 1:34am CDT
If this thing had appeared a few years earlier when I had plenty of space to spare, I'd probably pick it up as a centerpiece for my collection.

But with MP-1 and MP-10 gracing my shelves, I don't really see a need for this, since it's based on MP-10's design, anyways.

Now if it followed Optimus's design from the IDW comics, I'd be seriously tempted.
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507441)
Posted by Mykltron on July 29th, 2013 @ 4:57am CDT
Nice as this looks I don't see it as a replacement for MP-01 or MP-10.
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1507646)
Posted by DetoxRetox on July 29th, 2013 @ 6:14pm CDT
I gotta have this thing!
Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1514990)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 31st, 2013 @ 5:32pm CDT
TF Upgrader facebook page gives us more pictures of the upcoming Action Toys Ultimetal Optimus Prime. Check them out below.

[quote]
• 440mm / 17 inches tall non-scale figure
• Non-transformable diecast model
• Remote controlled light and sound
• Mouthpiece vibration while speaking
• Removable panels to show mechanical parts inside[/quote]

Re: Ultimetal Series Non-Transforming Optimus Prime Revealed (1514992)
Posted by REMINATOR on August 31st, 2013 @ 5:48pm CDT
Look very beautiful and all but I have to pass due to the large 17" in size especially with my limited of space. For my sake, I hope it doesn't it get repaint into Magnus cause I'm a sucker to that name/character :lol:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Toys R Us SDCC Exclusive - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 21 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers 2006 Botcon Darksyde Buzzsaw and Laserbeak - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 54 minutes 15 seconds
G1 Transformers Vintage Hasbro OCTANE And DIRGE Not Complete Look! - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 55 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Classics VOYAGER CLASS Megatron 7" Gun NEW 2006 RID MISB - Time Remaining: 10 days 15 hours 55 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Generations IDW Deluxe Class CHROMIA action figure  NEW ON CARD - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 57 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Universe Optimus Primal 100% complete no instructions EUC - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 43 minutes 27 seconds
Star Wars Transformers Crossovers Captain Rex AT-TE Clone Trooper Rare NIP - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 58 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Generations  Age Of Extinction Voyager Class AD29 SLOG  Takara - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 19 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016