United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation

Transformers News: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation

Sunday, November 25th, 2012 9:45AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,610

Our fellow Transformers fans over on The Allspark have posted the translation of the United EX story featured on the back of the Tankmaster vs Marinemaster packaging. Check out the translation mirrored below.

It was an ambush that reversed the flow of battle. The cruel assassin Tankmaster, who had revealed himself from deep within the scrap, pressed his gun to Grimmaster’s head in lieu of an introduction.
“Death to the traitor…”
These were the only words he would utter to his targets, punctuated by a single gunshot. After solemnly speaking this phrase, he began to pull the trigger… when as if by magic, the pistol flew from his hand.

The shot had come from the glistening ocean waters. A speedboat tore through the water towards the landfill, soaring through the air and transforming as it neared land.
“An Autobot?!”
Before him was Marinemaster, who had been patrolling the ocean waters.
“Don’t get too full of yourself, kid. Want to see what I’ve up got up my sleeve?”
Tankmaster’s Targetmaster partner attached to his arm in the shape of a giant claw, ready to intercept any fire. But Marinemaster, like a hovercraft skimming across the waves, displayed the same nimble footwork on land as he fired a perfectly-aimed shot from his own Targetmaster.
“What’s wrong? If you blink, you’ll miss me!”

“I’d rather not take your life, so maybe you could give me something in return? That’s assuming you don’t want to go down with the ship alongside your captain, of course.”
Marinemaster addressed his incapacitated foe.
“You’re no executioner, boy.”
“Maybe not, but at a time like this, I’ll do what I have to.”
Marinemaster’s young face wore a conflicted expression, but Tankmaster noticed a resolve in his optics that matched his words. Perhaps this was why the captive seemed oddly quick to comply.
And so, the Autobots would learn of a grand scheme in play…

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tankmaster
Function: Assassin
Targetmaster: Wheezel

Strength 8

Intelligence

Speed 6

Endurance 9

Rank 8

Courage 5

Fireblast 10

Skill 8

Total 61

A hardened killer who moves behind the scenes to eliminate enemies of Megatron. Like Rollermaster, he joined Master Chaos to investigate the motives of the High Regent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Marinemaster
Function: Ocean Defense
Targetmaster: Rotorbolt

Strength 7

Intelligence

Speed 10

Endurance 7

Rank 6

Courage 7

Fireblast 8

Skill 7

Total 60

Although he only recently came online, Marinemaster has unfaltering confidence in his skill at aquatic battles. His vehicle mode speed exceeds 180 knots. Occasionally overestimates his own abilities.
Credit(s): The Allspark

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442112)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 25th, 2012 @ 10:26am CST
Well, Sabrblade was right, Marinemaster is G2 Manta Ray. Someone give him a cookie. And Tankmaster is IDW Grindcore? WOW, so out of left field.
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442136)
Posted by RhA on November 25th, 2012 @ 2:44pm CST
Scr*w the backstory, I just want these pretty toys.
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442137)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2012 @ 2:45pm CST
Grindcore? :shock: I never would have guess him.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Well, Sabrblade was right, Marinemaster is G2 Manta Ray. Someone give him a cookie.
Funny thing is, as I was reading this, I kept thinking, "Okay, Marinemaster's probably Boater (since he's addressed as a kid) like others have said. Guess they were right." But then, BAM! Hydra's notes say Manta Ray. I didn't even catch the motto of his. :oops:
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442138)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 25th, 2012 @ 2:52pm CST
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442141)
Posted by Dr Va'al on November 25th, 2012 @ 2:56pm CST
RhA wrote:Scr*w the backstory, I just want these pretty toys.

As I already have the less pretty but still fun Hasbro versions, I am wholeheartedly enjoying the stories!

Yay stories! :DANCE:

EDIT: I just saw how Airmaster actually works with the dinodrones. Dayum.
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442142)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2012 @ 2:57pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Now all that's left is Buildmaster and Assaultmaster. Well, technically only Buildmaster as we know Assaultmaster is actually [spoiler]Clouder controlling an Eldedroid[/spoiler]. I still say it's Devastator, but I'm willing to accept Gravedigger or even Bonecrasher or Scrapper. :lol:
Well, Devastator did die in the underground lava flow in Zone episode 1. ;)
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442149)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 25th, 2012 @ 3:14pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Well, Devastator did die in the underground lava flow in Zone episode 1. ;)

True, but resurrection is no hard feat. Didn't Bruticus die in the Zone story as well, or did the Ambiguity Phenomenon save him :P Hey, what was the name of the 8th Contructicon again?
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442151)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2012 @ 3:32pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:True, but resurrection is no hard feat.
Yeah, but for him to come back so soon feels kinda lax on his death in Zone having any lasting impact.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Didn't Bruticus die in the Zone story as well, or did the Ambiguity Phenomenon save him :P
The latter.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hey, what was the name of the 8th Contructicon again?
"Eighth Constructicon". ;)
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442155)
Posted by RhA on November 25th, 2012 @ 4:17pm CST
Va'al wrote:
RhA wrote:Scr*w the backstory, I just want these pretty toys.

Yay stories! :DANCE:

EDIT: I just saw how Airmaster actually works with the dinodrones. Dayum.

I only own Heavythread, but even the recolor is pretty. This set is a WANT.
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442162)
Posted by Dr Va'al on November 25th, 2012 @ 4:52pm CST
RhA wrote:I only own Heavythread, but even the recolor is pretty. This set is a WANT.

I was considering repainting HT's eyes red in torso mode, before Takara came up with the EX line. [-(

(But I need to find some good way of doing it.)

My wallet allowed me just enough to scrape the last Decepticon Commanders together (although I have no love for Steamhammer - owned him once and gave him away), I will not venture into Takaraland. And I've said it before, not a massive fan of Marinemaster's colours.
I love Tankmaster though...
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442164)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2012 @ 5:08pm CST
Also, does this mean that Rollermaster is really IDW Straxus instead of either of the Marvel Straxuses?
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442167)
Posted by RhA on November 25th, 2012 @ 5:32pm CST
Va'al wrote:

(But I need to find some good way of doing it.)

I love Tankmaster though...

If you squint your eyes you can see Ultra Magnus vs. Galvatron.
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442185)
Posted by DISCHARGE on November 25th, 2012 @ 7:56pm CST
Va'al wrote:

EDIT: I just saw how Airmaster actually works with the dinodrones. Dayum.

I am so glad they are mentioning Megatron in the storyline. This gives more credence to my custom, and he looks just as good with the dino drones

<!-- ia2 -->126.JPG<!-- ia2 --><!-- ia1 -->138.JPG<!-- ia1 --><!-- ia0 -->019.JPG<!-- ia0 -->
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442200)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2012 @ 9:43pm CST
DISCHARGE wrote:I am so glad they are mentioning Megatron in the storyline.
Even though Megs is dead (or presumed dead) by this point, what with Scrash leading the Cons and all. ;)
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442267)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 26th, 2012 @ 9:40am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
DISCHARGE wrote:I am so glad they are mentioning Megatron in the storyline.

Tankmaster wrote:“My life belongs to Megatron alone. I owe nothing to the so-called “High Regent” leading our forces on Earth…”

Shows where his ultimate loyalties lay. And Megatron was pretty much out of commission after Return of Convoy, but would return for G-2.
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442386)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 26th, 2012 @ 8:07pm CST
And Hydra throws another curveball, when you think it will be a slider. :lol:

Seriously, I wish he would have just created an entirely new Generation 1 universe that mixes elements from Generation 1 elements done by Takara, Hasbro, and Marvel. The events would make a whole lot more sense, allow the figures from UNITED to have some kind of history (as I feel that "UNITED" Rodimus Prime is more based on the Marvel version, than the animated version). And other things people do not care to hear me rant on about. >:oP

But yeah... I wonder which member of Devastator will return. Because chances are, Hydra may choose to ignore the events in the OVA (on account that the "Hydraverse" has parts of the Victory manga merge with the anime series). But whatever the case may be, that is what I am dubbing it before people start calling it that. :lol:
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442390)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 26th, 2012 @ 8:27pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:And Hydra throws another curveball, when you think it will be a slider. :lol:

Yeah. I've been conversing with Hydra on the nature of these stories he's written and which characters have dimension-hopped and which haven't. Straxus is apparently his Marvel self, while Grindcore is not his IDW self but a JG1 cartoon continuity version of him who is only just now making himself known.

And, regarding the two United mini-manga that were in the Million Publishing Generations books, according to Hydra, those two are a micro-continuity completely unrelated to these EX stories or the cartoon continuity itself, which does match up with what artist Guido Guidi (who worked on the second one) said about it.

Hydra also just told me that it's on-package toy bios that are considered to be the "primary fiction" (as he put it) of the United toyline. I'm currently waiting for him to respond to my latest inquisition on the bios since there haven't been many of them translated into English.
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442407)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 26th, 2012 @ 9:58pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442408)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 26th, 2012 @ 10:12pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:I agree. Both were based on different eras within the UNITED timline. So the way I see it... It goes as: Manga #1 -> The Transformers -> The Rebirth -> UNITED/2010 -> elements from both Hasbro's Generation 2 and Marvel's Generaion One -> Victory -> UNITED EX -> Operation: Combination. Victory and Operation: Combination are self-contained (the last time I checked). This allows time gaps to be added, and also - if he dares - to say that the dimension hopping is an aftereffect of that continuity's Underbase Saga. (Oh, and totally eliminates Kiss Players in the process.) ;)
I don't quite think you get what I was saying. I meant that he said both of the Million Publishing mangas weren't part of the cartoon timeline.

The first one certainly doesn't fit since they all had their WFC bodies, while the cartoon itself shows the creation of Megatron and Convoy in their original G1 bodies that they would keep after their arrival on Earth.
Re: United EX Story Tankmaster vs. Marinemaster - "Ocean Encounter" Translation (1442430)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 27th, 2012 @ 12:02am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Honestly, I ignored it. Because you left out the fact that HYDRA said that UNITED EX coincides with Operation: Combination - A non-animated series that was not officially part of the animated family until the final timeline debuted in 2008. Plus, you also talked about the Zone OVA, which was retconned in favor of its non-animated counterpart. Which was what leads to Battlestars (non-animated), which is followed by with Operation: Combination (still non-animated). >:oP

In other words... TOMY made it clear that they allow anything Transformers to be used, as long as nothing conflicts with what they put out. And that even means that they could reissue Skyfire as Jetfire and have him be the leader of the Autobots (as it is canon when the Milton Bradley line matters). ;)

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS G1 DECEPTICON CONSTRUCTICONS DEVASTATOR BOX SET - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 28 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus Unopened Complete Set of all 6 - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 47 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers TAKARA MP-30 Masterpiece Nissan Cherry Vanette RATCHET Figure - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 47 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers G1 ROBOGUN KINGDAM MIB (M-1920 Browning) - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 4 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 DIVEBOMB BOX (empty) predaking (poor) - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 21 minutes 24 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Figure Base Stand Fit for Transformers Masterpiece MP-11NR RAMJET - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 53 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 D-76 Tantrum loose figure Predaking takara - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 55 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 D-75 DIVEBOMB loose figure Predaking takara - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 26 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive