Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers

Transformers News: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers

Tuesday, July 9th, 2013 4:56PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 15,335

The Spacebridge facebook page has updated with more unique and rare Transformers items. This time around they give us a look at a few chrome seekers. Obviously we have Starscream pictured with the Megatron accessory which came with the Transformers Collection Starscream in 2003. The is also a regular chrome seeker. A blue and black chrome Thundercracker and an orange and black chrome Sunstorm.

The Spacebridge wrote:Not a bootleg, fake or "lunchtime special" These toys were made as samples by Takara for Hasbro. They would then be offered as exclusives or prizes to retailers if they wanted to run a promotion. So if Wal*Mart wanted to run a Transformers competition these would be offered to them by Hasbro as a possible prize. Most likely not used as Japanese size missiles so "unsafe" in the United States. These are original Hasbro internal pictures.

Re: Rare G1 Prototype Images

Re: Rare G1 Prototype Images

Re: Rare G1 Prototype Images

Re: Rare G1 Prototype Images

Re: Rare G1 Prototype Images

Re: Rare G1 Prototype Images

Re: Rare G1 Prototype Images

Re: Rare G1 Prototype Images
Credit(s): The Spacebridge Facebook
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1501943)
Posted by Samsonator on July 9th, 2013 @ 5:06pm CDT
METAL CREAMSICLE!
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1501944)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 9th, 2013 @ 5:09pm CDT
As thoroughly as I've migrated to the Classics mold as the only physical representation of seekers I need EVERY conceivable variation of, these somehow look just as good to me now as they would have 10 years ago. Shiny-Storm would've been especially appropriate considering how Sunstorm was depicted by Dreamwave.

I guess there's no precedent for a name to assign to the all silver guy, right? Just "Silver Star" perhaps, if one works backwards from CHMS's chrome guys, but it'd be nice if the Space Bridge dug up an official name so that guy could have his own TFWiki page.
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1501952)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 9th, 2013 @ 5:45pm CDT
Hasbro, give us an actual sunstorm like the chrome figure, not a stand in like in funpub's Rainmaker set.
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1501953)
Posted by Burn on July 9th, 2013 @ 5:46pm CDT
So pretty ... I want.
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1501954)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 9th, 2013 @ 5:48pm CDT
Oooh, shiny. 8)
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1501960)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 9th, 2013 @ 6:06pm CDT
God that Thundercracker is beautiful!
Also, they remind of the all chrome Power ranger figures that were released for the movie. They were cool.
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1501962)
Posted by Starscream on July 9th, 2013 @ 6:09pm CDT
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1501968)
Posted by DreadstarCybph on July 9th, 2013 @ 6:38pm CDT
Nice. Any news as to where these guys ended up?
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1501976)
Posted by xyl360 on July 9th, 2013 @ 6:56pm CDT
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1501984)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 9th, 2013 @ 7:45pm CDT
Starscream wrote:I own one of the all silver ones and a colored chrome one. They are very nice. It's been hard to pinpoint what they are exactly, but these photos definitely help. I have kept them in their Takara anniversary box. It's funny because although the colored one is of the TFC 9 mold, it is in the anniversary box.

Would that be the same box E-hobby Sunstorm came in? And is there any indication that it's supposed to be a new character? Well, don't open a sealed box of something that rare just to find a bio-card, of course, but it'd be neat if you happened to know.
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1501995)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 9th, 2013 @ 8:19pm CDT
Depending on how they were packaged I would've jumped on them
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1502004)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 9th, 2013 @ 8:58pm CDT
me like the shinny
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1502022)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 9th, 2013 @ 11:00pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Interesting, I didn't think those archaic Energon guzzlers had access to Transmetal technology :P.
G1 Megatron did, at least. ;)
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1502038)
Posted by Flashwave on July 10th, 2013 @ 1:47am CDT
Chrome just makes Sunstorm. I like Thundercracker, i really like that blue, but it so does Sunstorm right.
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1502040)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 10th, 2013 @ 2:06am CDT
Despite the 30 years in existence, the G1 Seeker vehicle mod still holds up in awesomeness. (Emphasis on the "vehicle mode")
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1502054)
Posted by Windsweeper on July 10th, 2013 @ 4:51am CDT
Those look great. I've always liked the G1 Seeker Mold. My only problem is the unpainted face. The world's smallest actually painted Starscream's face and Thrust's optics and greatly enhanced the look.
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1502055)
Posted by Windsweeper on July 10th, 2013 @ 4:51am CDT
Oops double post. My typing finger has a stutter.
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1502056)
Posted by Windsweeper on July 10th, 2013 @ 4:53am CDT
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1502139)
Posted by Starscream on July 10th, 2013 @ 12:53pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:

I think you might be miss-understanding what these things. There is no canon surrounding them, they are just real-world one-off manufacturing samples. Not really mass-produced.

They just shove them into the Takara Reissue seeker box that Starscream came in.

You can see some photos I posted today here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulfriemel/sets/72157594327955633/

Here is the Chrome Starscream. The megatron accessory is below the bubble tray.

here is how they look in the box
Re: Unreleased Chrome G1 Seekers (1502350)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 11th, 2013 @ 7:24am CDT