Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay!

Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 8:44AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 16,203

Ebayer seller z75sales is at it again! After selling the G2 Stunticons in an Ebay auction that ended at $26,815, he now has up unreleased G2 Go-Bots for sale here. Few have know these even existed let alone seen them. We've mirrored the images below for your viewing pleasures and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Credit(s): Ebayer seller z75sales

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1590918)
Posted by SentinelA on July 15th, 2014 @ 10:43am CDT
I wonder who these would've been. Hound is pretty obvious but the others aren't. See 2 molds that have never been used. a shame.
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1590954)
Posted by Seibertron on July 15th, 2014 @ 1:50pm CDT

ScottyP ... we've got to talk about this stuff on the podcast. All of this is truly a piece of history that we just don't see that often with this hobby.
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1590975)
Posted by ScottyP on July 15th, 2014 @ 3:33pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Has the Hound GoBot ever been seen before? I swear I've never seen that one and it didn't make it into RID like a few other Spychangers did that were leftovers from G2. This is an absolutely amazing collection this seller got his hands on. Absolutely amazing!

Most of these were only seen in the past few months for the first time as actual painted samples, and now here they are already on ebay. Unpainted ones have been known of for awhile on only some of them. I don't think anyone previously thought the "Hound" go-bot ever made it beyond test-shot stage. And yes, we'll absolutely be talking about this stuff!
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1590976)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 15th, 2014 @ 3:41pm CDT
No shitty piece of Chinese plastic is worth the insane prices people pay for this stuff.

Furthermore, how do you know these are not fakes, especially with genuine ones being so rare?
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1590980)
Posted by ScottyP on July 15th, 2014 @ 3:50pm CDT
shockblast2 wrote:

It's been confirmed that he's auctioning pieces off that belonged to a former Kenner employee. Highprime may have further more specific info to confirm the legitimacy.
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1590984)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 15th, 2014 @ 3:59pm CDT
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1590989)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 15th, 2014 @ 4:18pm CDT
Was that police mold ever released? Was that Spychanger Prowl?
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1591001)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 15th, 2014 @ 4:53pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Was that police mold ever released? Was that Spychanger Prowl?

I believe it is.

Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1591005)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 15th, 2014 @ 5:15pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:What bothers me is that regular people were able to get a hold of these rare, unreleased Transformers and Gobots from toy company employees. Don't ask me how, it, for some reason bothers me. This set should obviously be in some kind of Transformers or toy museum.

Actually there was an episode of Toy Hunter where a comic book shop near an old Kenner toy factory had one of the extremely rare star wars missile firing boba fett figures that, had been traded in for comics by a kenner employee in 1980ish. A similar thing could of happened here with these prototypes.
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1591009)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 15th, 2014 @ 5:46pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:

I believe it is.

I have my eye on the Universe one that's done in black and white. Wouldn't mind having this one though.
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1591033)
Posted by Convoy on July 15th, 2014 @ 7:44pm CDT
Sounds like another good Twincast coming up. I want to see that Gobot Hound in robot mode.
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1591251)
Posted by SneezyDVegas on July 16th, 2014 @ 7:43pm CDT

Why shouldn't "regular people" who clearly have lots of money not be able to acquire such rare items?
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1594794)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 29th, 2014 @ 10:23pm CDT
Ebay seller z75sales is at it again with more rare unreleased Generation 2 Ebay listings. The following listing are for ATB Megatron, G2 Dragstrip and relisted G2 Gobots. In a couple of upcoming auctions, G2 Hero Megatron and Optimus Prime unreleased variants.

First up is the G2 ATB Advanced Tactical Bomber Megatron which is MIB Mint In Box. It is listed as Buy It Now for $2,499.00.

Next auction is G2 Dragstrip.

The G2 Gobots were relisted as a Buy It Now for $3,799.00

In a couple of upcoming auctions there will be G2 Hero Megatron and G2 Hero Optimus Prime.

Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1594796)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 29th, 2014 @ 10:27pm CDT
To be choking on money, I would be all over that Hero Megatron.
Oh well, I'll have to make do with my good old purple one.
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1594805)
Posted by Flashwave on July 29th, 2014 @ 11:17pm CDT
Whoah, wait. tThere was a Jeep? Have we ever gottn that mold released?
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1594917)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 30th, 2014 @ 10:11am CDT
Flashwave wrote:Whoah, wait. tThere was a Jeep? Have we ever gottn that mold released?

Only four of the six formerly lost molds were released. The purple car and the jeep were not used, probably due to either the molds still being lost or considered unusable. The rest were first released in RiD as Prowl 2, Spychanger Sideburn, Side Swipe and Daytonus.

While we don't know who they were supposed to be, that red and white car would have most likely ended up as Rumble. And judging from the name on the side, the Jeep would probably have been Hound.
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1594942)
Posted by Seibertron on July 30th, 2014 @ 11:01am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And judging from the name on the side, the Jeep would probably have been Hound.

And would have been the only properly named GoBots of all of them (though you could argue about Bumblebee, Optimus Prime and "Megatron").

Anyone know how I can get my hands on the Japanese versions of Optimus, Megatron and Soundwave?
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1594983)
Posted by ScottyP on July 30th, 2014 @ 12:56pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

The Gobots? Are they different? I got the Japanese G2 Gobot of Megatron at Botcon one year, but that's because I thought it was completely identical to the US release. As in, only a sticker on the front of the card was different.
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1594986)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 30th, 2014 @ 1:02pm CDT
Normally I find the G2 recolours to be quite odd or tacky but that Dragstrip! If only I had that kind of money at the moment :(
Re: Unreleased pre-production Generation 2 GoBots on Ebay! (1594989)
Posted by Seibertron on July 30th, 2014 @ 1:09pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

They have a large T on the hood of their vehicle mode, I think it says "Transformers" on their windshields, and Soundwave's robot mode uses some different colors.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 1985 SUPERION complete combiner hasbro takara macau/japan - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 21 minutes 22 seconds
1980/1982 Hasbro Transformers G1 Grapple Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 52 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon - Optimus Prime - Peter Cullen - Voltron - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 8 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers G1 1989 GRIMLOCK complete classic pretender hasbro takara GREAT - Time Remaining: 2 days 53 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP 20th Ann. DVD Optimus Prime MISB Cybertron Takara!!! - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 54 minutes 41 seconds
1983 Transformers G1 Decepticon Shockwave Gun Action Figure Custom Fooder - Time Remaining: 2 days 39 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers G1 1985 DEFENSOR combiner hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 11 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 OMNIBOT DOWNSHIFT (incomplete) hasbro takara mail away - Time Remaining: 2 days 28 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016