Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images

Transformers News: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 2:52PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,376

Courtesy of eBay seller lena81822 we get a look at the unreleased Transformers: Dark of the Moon Deluxe Soundblaster. The figure was intended to be part of the MechTech Deluxe Wave 7 "Movie Trilogy", which would have also included a Bumblebee redeco, a Rachet redeco, and Wheeljack redeco with new head mold. The only figure to ever see the light of day from the "Movie Trilogy" line being the Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer. The seller seems to have supply of these, so hopefully additional images of the figure posed in robot mode will surface soon.

Re: Anyone have any info on this Cancelled DOTM Soundwave repaint of Soundblaster?

Credit(s): eBay seller lena81822
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485537)
Posted by MarkNL on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:12pm CDT
Stupid question maybe, but was that Wheeljack ever released?
I was a bit stunned when I saw him here...
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485541)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:25pm CDT
Mark(NL) wrote:Stupid question maybe, but was that Wheeljack ever released?
I was a bit stunned when I saw him here...

DotM Wheeljack was only released by Hasbro in Asia, and in Japan by TakaraTomy under the name "Autobot Que".

If you indeed saw that Wheeljack in Holland (in a Bart Smit I'm assuming), it's probably overstock being imported for cheap. Bart Smit has imported Japanese Movie Decepticon figures a few years back, so it can be anything. My local ones are all cleared out though. :-(
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485551)
Posted by D-340 on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:47pm CDT
Wow, they were planning a Soundwave repaint, and the original never hit stores. At least by me. I'd like to get my hands on a movie Soundwave.
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485556)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2013 @ 3:53pm CDT
These were the DOTM Deluxe toys people wanted, yet they were held back towards the end of the line while earlier waves got figures that shelfwarmed to death (and in some place still do to this day). :roll:
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485570)
Posted by stevescustoms on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:14pm CDT
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485572)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:18pm CDT
stevescustoms wrote:I can't stand that they take an existing figure, darken the colors and change the name. Atleast with G1 Goldbug we got a whole new figure for the character.

Except this would have been named "Soundwave", not "Soundblaster".
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485576)
Posted by RAcast on May 8th, 2013 @ 4:45pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Except this would have been named "Soundwave", not "Soundblaster".

Didn't the original Soundblaster and Twincast have remolded doors or something?
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485583)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on May 8th, 2013 @ 5:08pm CDT
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485585)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on May 8th, 2013 @ 5:12pm CDT
DEMEXICONZ wrote::shock: whoa went for almost $150 huh.... >:oP dont want i imported the silver one tho that head color looks freaking awsome!!

No, the last one went for $200 not including shipping.
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485593)
Posted by Rated X on May 8th, 2013 @ 5:43pm CDT
My Bayformer collecting days are over. I barely touched the 3rd movie line.
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485594)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 8th, 2013 @ 5:44pm CDT
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485599)
Posted by RAcast on May 8th, 2013 @ 6:01pm CDT
KirbyForce1 wrote:This guy had an ultra ultra rare canceled figure from a line that was never released, and then he just sold it to some guy on ebay. I can't believe someone would do something like that. It breaks my heart to see something so precious go to waste. You could say that figure was in a G1 Unicron status.

I think that's a bit of a stretch, lol. This guy obviously had a case of these things (he's been posting them for a couple weeks). They must have made it through production before being canceled, so they never got packaged. That or he (or someone he knows) stole them from whatever warehouse they're being stored in.

TL;DR: It's hardly "G1 Unicron." Dotm Soundwave got produced, just not released in North America (it and Que even shelfwarmed, if I recall correctly), but the redeco never saw release, but was obviously made.
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485601)
Posted by Dagon on May 8th, 2013 @ 6:06pm CDT
I really don't like the movie toy general look, all lanky and panely, but I must say, this toy looks pretty nice. It's too bad it wasn't domestically released.....I'd have liked to see some more pictures of it.
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485602)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 8th, 2013 @ 6:08pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Except this would have been named "Soundwave", not "Soundblaster".

Didn't the original Soundblaster and Twincast have remolded doors or something?

Yeah. Both Soundblaster and Twincast were retooled slightly so they could store up to two cassettes. Otherwise, the only other differences from their parent molds were the decos.

Care to specify?

Rated X wrote:My Bayformer collecting days are over. I barely touched the 3rd movie line.

Same deal. I didn't even look in their general direction, much less touch 'em, I was so disappointed by the line's collective gimmick. The only one I legitimately thought was a good one was the Japanese version of Air Raid (minus the MechTech weapon, of course).
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485711)
Posted by SkyWarpsGhost on May 9th, 2013 @ 6:37am CDT
I wonder how many the seller has? As they have listed another.
Glad I got mine when I did, as the last auction to end was getting up to nearly twice as much as I paid for mine.
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485715)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on May 9th, 2013 @ 7:11am CDT
He has listed a new starting bid of $100.00 vs $60 that he has used in the past. As for how many he has, that would be interesting to know. I do believe they are the only ones that carry them though after my extensive searching.

Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485747)
Posted by noctorro on May 9th, 2013 @ 8:59am CDT
I haz the Soundwave and Que, Soundwave's great, better then the Human Alliance in my opinion.

Not to crazy of my Que's colours and head, the Wheeljack version looks a lot better.

I got them for a good price when they were just listed so no big loss here.

I just whish they didn't use the 2 leader slots on Bumblebee and Ironhide but on Megatron and Shockwave.

Otherwise the DOTM line isn't to bad, just the worst of the 3 movie lines :D
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485753)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 9th, 2013 @ 9:15am CDT
noctorro wrote:Damn, I didn't know Bart Smit had them, otherwise I wouldn't have to buy them online.
I got them for a good price when they were just listed so no big loss here.

I never said that, merely that it would be a possibility however unlikely it may be. All I saw in overstock was Autobot Armor Topspin, so at least Dark Steel, Air Raid and possibly Track Battle Roadbuaster could have been sighted elsewhere as well. Anything beyond those waves is still possible, but in the air.
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485759)
Posted by ScottyP on May 9th, 2013 @ 9:53am CDT

Canceled stuff makes it onto ebay quite frequently. Wouldn't it be more of a waste for the seller to hold onto the samples they have?
Re: Unreleased Transformers Movie Trilogy Deluxe Soundblaster Images (1485760)
Posted by Dean ML on May 9th, 2013 @ 9:54am CDT
There were a lot of disappointments for me with the DotM line, namely no leader Megs or Shockwave, no deluxe Dino, no legends Lazerbeak, and no voyager Dreds. Could've done with a new voyager Ratchet mold, too. So many missed opportunities. However, after finally giving in and importing deluxe Soundwave, Que, and Leadfoot, and ordering Amazon's Jetwing Prime, slapping them all with Reprolabels, I think my DotM shelves look REALLY impressive now. On one shelf I have deluxe BB facing off against deluxe Soundwave, while deluxe Ratchet and Que face off again deluxe Barricade. On the other, I have deluxe Sideswipe facing off against leader Sentinel Prime while Jetwing Prime and all three wrechers charge in for backup.

My opinion is that the DotM line is not as good as RotF due to smaller sizes, MechTech gimmick, fewer paint apps, and that the line really is incomplete. But the only DotM molds I have that I'm not crazy about are Roadbuster and Soundwave. It really bugs me that they have back kibble that hangs down to their knees. TF engineers are better than that. Really happy with everything else that I have from the line, though. Voyager Ironhide is really underrated.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Universe Voyager Class Leo Prime Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 3 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Alternators - Dodge Viper - SUNSTREAKER - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 5 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Drift action figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 35 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Animated Leader Class Bulkhead Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 5 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Alternators - Scion xB - Autobot Skids - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 6 minutes 54 seconds
Movie Preview Transformers Autobot Optimus Prime Decepticon Starscream Figures - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 38 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Alternators - Subaru Impreza WRX - RICOCHET - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 23 minutes 39 seconds
TRANSFORMERS LIGHTS AND SOUNDS TALKING BUMBLEBEE TOY 2007 EXCELLENT HARD 2 FIND - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 28 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016