Transformers News: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury

Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 10:05AM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 68,575

Thanks to a post on the official Transformers Game facebook page by Scott Calandra we get a look at a couple of the upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC packs.

Available on September 11th: Dinobot Destruction Pack, which features Grimlock, Swoop, Slug, and Snarl

Available on September 25th: Massive Fury Pack, which features the Retro Pack with G1 Optimus Prime plus the Insecticons, Hound, G2 Bruticus, possibly more

Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more!
Credit(s): Scott Calandra
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412312)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on August 22nd, 2012 @ 10:14am CDT
Awesome. Only 3 weeks for the Dinobots. This. Will. Be. Epic. Looks like we get Hound on the 25th of next month in that last pack. I wondered when with him being in the trailer for the retro pack.
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412318)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 22nd, 2012 @ 10:35am CDT

Is this correct?
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412321)
Posted by Stumpybot on August 22nd, 2012 @ 10:41am CDT
yup, they pretty much flipped off everybody that preordered the game for the incentive.

they couldve waited a few months. Poor show

on the plus side, now i dont feel so bad picking it up friday with no incentives since i'll buy them in few weeks when i really hit multiplayer
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412325)
Posted by Iron Prime on August 22nd, 2012 @ 10:58am CDT

Snarl was my first TF and is still one of my favorites because of it. VERY excited to get to play him in the game, even as "just" a multiplayer skin...
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412329)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:11am CDT
Guys, it is an industry standard that preorder bonuses get released about a month or 2 after launch. The incentive is you get the stuff first, not that you are the only ones that ever gets it at all.

Iron Prime wrote:Too bad about the pre-order incentives, thankfully I'm not that interested in the Insecticons. But the Dinobots WILL be mine! YES! (I wonder why no Sludge though? Too big?)

There are only 4 multiplayer classes. Also, playing through the game will make you understand.

DecepticonFinishline wrote:So... I went out of my way to Pre-Order FoC from Gamestop to get G1 Optimus and the bonus weapons... But now there's a DLC pack coming out containing him, and I have to buy him again if I want to get the Insecticons?

Is this correct?

If that is how you want to see it. The better way to look at it is that the preorder bonuses are free with the purchase of the Insecticons and Hound. If you have the preorder bonuses already, you aren't really getting them again, you are just getting the other stuff.
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412331)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:16am CDT

Is this correct?

A lot of companies do that. It's not new. Crummy, but not new. The first game had 3 retailer exclusive multiplayer skins, too. People were paying upwards of $60, according to completed auctions on eBay, for each one. About a month later they were included in a character/map pack with those 3, 2 or 3 more characters, and 4 maps for only $10. I thought it was awesome they released the other characters. I don't mind that the one I already had was included as it was a tough choice between Jazz and Shockwave. I feel bad for the chumps on eBay that paid those ridiculous prices, but if you can't wait then you can't wait.

I'm sure glad I get a chance to get the G2 Bruticus along with 3 insecticons and Hound. You still get 4 unique characters just like you do with the Dinobots DLC. Most likely, they'll be the same price, too.
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412335)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:24am CDT
I figured it would be made available later, I just assumed it would be available G2 Bruticus and no one else. Which would not have been a loss for me.

Also, Sharpshot = Hound?

I mean, I'm glad to be getting Hound, but why is he being called Sharpshot?

In any case, I was using the Slingshock weapon today, and so I'm glad to have that already. That's one thing I'm sure of.
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412336)
Posted by Down_Shift on August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:24am CDT
I don't know why people are upset that its out one the first day, or that the G1 retro pack is available WITH the insecticons. It was a pre-order bonus, not an exclusive. It just so happens that this pre-order bonus was exclusive to EB/Gamestop just like G2 Bruticus was an Amazon exclusive.

My only gripe are the Magnus & Blastoff colors and that you can't play as sludge in the DLC.

I would gladly pay for more G1 skins!
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412338)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:29am CDT
Same here. Why no love for Sludge!? I'd gladly pay for him to complete the dinobot set. I hope they have more skins and maps coming down the road, and plan on completing the Dinobot set.
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412346)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:49am CDT
DAMN IT!!! THREE DLC PACKS!!!!
YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN CAPCOM HIGH MOON!!!!
CAPCOM!! CAAAAAAAPPPPCCCCOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!
:sad: :evil: :BOOM:
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412351)
Posted by MarkNL on August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:59am CDT
I'm... gonna... faint... because of this EPICNESSS!
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412352)
Posted by craggy on August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:00pm CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:

Also, Sharpshot = Hound?

I mean, I'm glad to be getting Hound, but why is he being called Sharpshot?

nopes. IIRC, Sharpshot is Shrapnel's new name.
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412355)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:03pm CDT
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412361)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:12pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Thwre's an awful lot of customization now that I don't really feel the need for more skins.

I still want to see Arcee and Slipstream added back in. They said they took them out because of the customization. Those character's parts wouldn't work on other bots being male vs female bodytypes. I say screw it. Just make them available as full sets so people can still play as them.

I nominate Arcee, Slipstream, and Sludge to come with the first map pack DLC.

Not calling for them now, as we already have and are gettig so much, but maybe we can get some Wreckers characters in the third installment of the series.
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412364)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:15pm CDT
Yeah, I can't keep the insecticons straight now. They're all wonky. Snarkballs, Krankbark, and Blimpstick... Sharpstick, Kickbutt, and Bongstock... Spocksnacks, Krackrox, and Boobshock...
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412368)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:18pm CDT
I'm actually more jaded that I can't play as the femmes in Escalation, but alas, a minor gripe in an overall great execution of a video game.
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412376)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:45pm CDT
so instead of selling the retro pack on its own they include it in a DLC pack with other stuff effectively screwing over the people who preordered, and here i thought HMS was one of the good companies. And i like the lack of campaign DLC, if your going to get me to spend $10 on DLC it better add alot more than just a few characters for online. For $10 i can go and buy a full fledged game thatll actually have some value to it.
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412377)
Posted by MARKPRIME on August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:48pm CDT
What happen with sludge? i dont see him in the dino pack...
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412378)
Posted by Iron Prime on August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:50pm CDT
MARKPRIME wrote:What happen with sludge? i dont see him in the dino pack...

Someone mentioned it might be explained in the campaign/story mode - which I have not played. PLEASE! Noone reveal any spoilers!
Re: Upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC Packs Dinobot Destruction and Massive Fury (1412379)
Posted by Fananga on August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:51pm CDT
Yeah im a little pissed with this. In the UK you can get a basic copy of the game for £35. If you want the G1 Pre-Order bundle its £45.

If you dont bother with the pre-order its actually cheaper to just wait and get the DLC and you get all the extras too instead of buying them again.

Ending Soon On eBay

G1 Takara TRANSFORMERS Collection #18 Soundblaster Laserbeak Ravage MISB AFA - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 58 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers-Generations-Titan-Class-Metroplex + more transformers - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 59 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers G1 G2 Mini Bots lot. Seaspray Cosmos beachcomber outback - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 48 minutes
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VOYAGER BLITZWIN & SPRINGER THRILLING 30TH ANNIVERSARY - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 36 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Sonar Figure Hasbro 1998 - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 29 minutes 48 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-07 Combaticons Combiner Bruticus - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 15 minutes 9 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TAKARA MASTERPIECE Ultra Magnus MP-02 MIB *BRAND NEW* - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 1 minute 34 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED VOYAGER CLASS - Grimlock Action Figure Hasbro 2008 - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 33 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory