Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box

Transformers News: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box

Saturday, December 19th, 2009 12:17AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 32,857

We get another look at the second rendition of Masterpiece Grimlock - MP-08X King Grimlock. Japanese blogger 桃破 acquired the figure and has taken a couple images of the masterpiece out of its box prison. Check them out below.

Re: Takara MP8X King Grimlock Released In Japan
Re: Takara MP8X King Grimlock Released In Japan
Re: Takara MP8X King Grimlock Released In Japan

The original source can be found here.

UPDATE: Also from Japan, our friend アルフェス2010 has posted clearer and more images of MP-08X King Grimlock.

You can check out アルフェス2010 here & here to view all the images.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): 桃破, アルフェス2010
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029287)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 19th, 2009 @ 12:24am CST
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029288)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 19th, 2009 @ 12:29am CST
UltraPrimal wrote:NO! Must not buy same figure twice just because it has a new hat. Must resist! Damn you Takara!

I don't know why, but that made me lol like crazy. :lol:
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029289)
Posted by Heckfire on December 19th, 2009 @ 12:31am CST

It's Malibu Stacey all over again!

I love that last pic..."Why you Grimlock serve mar-tee-nee? Us Grimlocks KINGS, not waiters! See, hat say so!"
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029294)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 19th, 2009 @ 12:40am CST
King Grimlock is king fail.
:BOT:
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029296)
Posted by Seibertron on December 19th, 2009 @ 1:04am CST

I know percentage wise, this version of Grimlock is a "better" deal, but for $250, I'd rather have about a dozen other G1 Japanese figures that I don't own yet rather than an improperly colored Grimlock. The box is awesome ... to me they got greedy on this one. I would've bought it again for $140 but considering that I have always said that Grimlock was overpriced when I bought him for $140, I'm stickin' to my guns on this one and not spending an additional $100 on a poorly repainted figure, no matter how awesome the crown and box are.

I'm hoping that this figure and some of the other recent Takara exclusives will become blowouts at BBTS at some point.
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029300)
Posted by Mkall on December 19th, 2009 @ 1:15am CST
Seibertron wrote:I buy everything that Hasbro pumps out and just about everything mainstream that Takara pumps out. I haven't been buying the extremely over priced exclusives like the clear Mirage and ghost Starscream nor the Movie Skids/Mudflap inspired repaints of G1 Skids / "G1" Crosscut. Some of these exclusives are just nuts price wise lately. I'll pay up to $60 for an exclusive Japanese deluxe class figure, but any more than that is crazy ... even in BotCon exclusive terms it's crazy.

Shame boss, glad to see you have your principles down and you're sticking to them, but Clear Mirage, Ghost Starscream, and probably Dar Skyfire are some of the best figs to come out of Japan in recent years.
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029332)
Posted by Mach on December 19th, 2009 @ 7:07am CST
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029339)
Posted by HighPrime on December 19th, 2009 @ 7:50am CST
Mkall wrote:

I have no principles at all. :grin:

If a TF arrives on the scene that I want, I buy it. I'll try to get the best price, but in the end, I'll own the figure one way or another. King Grimlock is one of them.
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029346)
Posted by Seibertron on December 19th, 2009 @ 8:44am CST
Mkall wrote:

Not for the price they aren't. $90 a pop for those guys is anything but "some of the best". That's a higher price than BotCon prices and these figures are probably nowhere near as limited as the BotCon ones are. Hoping to see these drop in price at some point. Of course, never saw Henkei Clear Convoy or Wildrider dip in price but one can hope!

Tough to buy those figures when I've already spent $1300+ during the past two months on mostly new Hasbro and Takara Tomy figures and that's not counting the Overlord that I got back in October nor is it counting anything that I've bought on eBay recently. I'd rather spend the money for those uber expensive Japanese figures on old school Japanaese figures. Let's see ... Dai Atlas for around $250 - $400 or 3 or 4 exclusive deluxe REPAINTED figures from Japan? ;)
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029348)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 19th, 2009 @ 8:52am CST
Love the figure concept and would love to have this figure. It would be nice to have this to display in bot mode and the standard release in atl mode. But this price is crazy. Note to Takara: is this you best answer to the global recession?

I'll pick this up in a couple of years when it's on sale.
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029372)
Posted by dragons on December 19th, 2009 @ 10:42am CST
First Gen wrote:I don't get it. Technically, its a bogus repaint as the "blue" portions of the body are supposed to be black, but comics back them commonly used blue to show the darker color as shading hadn't been introduced yet.

i like it little but if i didnt have the first one i would get this one but i am glad i own the first one i dont like the blue to much it looks funny to me & the price is a big let down fo his size as mp & the accesoires they give you

what i dont get is takara said they never going to reproduce this grimlock i forgot why & here he is in a slightly modified repaint, same with fansprojects & all the stuff they make but what see form them is repanit enegon superion kit, chroem added to city commander prime, there was something else i dont remeber if these compaines are stating that there never going to reproduce some of the product that they make or all of there products , we see 2 years later the same thing as repaint whats the piont i feel us fans are getting ripped off in some point.

but in the end the fans who missed out get second chance win lose situation here
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029434)
Posted by Mkall on December 19th, 2009 @ 3:51pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
Mkall wrote:

I suppose if I were unloading that much dough on figs I'd be a little more selective too. Still I hope that you can find some to borrow and give the good gallery treatment to. They should deserve the spotlight in my oppinion.
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029443)
Posted by Rated X on December 19th, 2009 @ 4:47pm CST
Im just gonna be patient and wait till Wal-Mart cashes in on this mold. I really could care less about the crown and apron...
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029470)
Posted by Chaoslock on December 19th, 2009 @ 6:48pm CST
My to do list:
1. Get the original release
2. Get the King release
3. Take the original figure and his gun, the Kings crown, sword and the fancy packaging
4. Sell the rest.
5. ?
6. Profit!

EDIT: Actually, forget point 4.
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1029480)
Posted by Dr. Richtofen on December 19th, 2009 @ 7:34pm CST
considering i have no representation of this charicter in any universe, this would be an Exellent representation. CROWN SHINY!!! ME WANTZ =P~
Re: Updated: More Images of MP-08X King Grimlock Out of Box (1030577)
Posted by Dagon on December 23rd, 2009 @ 4:43pm CST

By this token, Superman had blue hair for most of his original run.

I agree. This is what we get for always having people whine and cry that none or not enough of our figures are comic/cartoon acurate. We get $250 worth of shit-looking Grmilock with blue thighs. And a stupid little crown. Yeah, that's worth the money. You know, I almost didn't buy an MP Grimlock because I wasn't happy with the non-accuracy, but then I caved and bought one. Too bad, becuase had I waited a little I could havepaid an additional $125 from what I paid for mine, and could have also gotten one that looks terrible. So I could have paid more and gotten this eyesore, but I'd have gotten the little crown he wore for the four issue of 80's comics where he was a king for somereason and was chasing after Blaster. (Sarcasm throughout).

On this note, I find this a perfect opportunity to once again promote my idea for a set of G1 Autobots from the Immobilizer episode. If you'd spend $250 on this, you're obviously dying to add a gray, half tansformed G1 Gears to your collection.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction