Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version

Transformers News: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version

Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 7:29AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 13,678

HK-TF staff member - Kaiser has got his hand on the upcoming Takara Tomy Masterpiece 1B Convoy/Optimus Prime Black Version.
As we know, this Masterpiece is comes with a special comic, but that's not all. According to Kaiser, MP1B is comes with another free-gift, apparently is a metal badge of Masterpiece.

New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version
Re: New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version
Re: New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version
Re: New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version
Re: New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version
Re: New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version
Re: New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version
Re: New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version
Re: New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version

Another HK-TF member redfish also revealed the flip up communicator screens for MP1B will be Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime and Optimus Prime.

New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version
New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version

Same as Masterpiece 1 Optimus Prime, the box of MP1B can also fold up to form the trailer for Convoy Black Version.
New Image Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version

Check out original posts here & here.

Masterpiece MP1B Convoy Black Version is expected to be released on January 2010.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, your ultimate resource for Transformers.
Credit(s): HK-TF Kaiser, HK-TF redfish
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022362)
Posted by Mach on November 24th, 2009 @ 8:02am CST
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022364)
Posted by Diem on November 24th, 2009 @ 8:14am CST
I can't really justify getting another Masterpiece what with the price and storage space and future transport costs and all but DAYAMN that looks good!
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022365)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 24th, 2009 @ 8:19am CST
I feel rather luke warm to this. I do like the pink axe.
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022368)
Posted by Orthobotrex on November 24th, 2009 @ 8:26am CST
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022369)
Posted by Diem on November 24th, 2009 @ 8:29am CST
Wonder what colour his Matrix is...
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022370)
Posted by Mach on November 24th, 2009 @ 8:35am CST
Orthobotrex wrote:I can't help but notice in the last picture that the chest panels are not aligned... a repeat of a "common problem"? Could anyone tell us? :sad:

I know a lot of people complained abt this. Recently i managed to dig out my old first issue MP Optimus, and i look into his chest panel.... In fact it doesnt really align even that first production...
Anyway i dont really bother abt that....
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022372)
Posted by Torneira on November 24th, 2009 @ 8:53am CST
HoOoOoLyCoWDaMoly... looks fine.. but here I go again... wasn't his gun supposed to be black? This colour grey is just like the MP-1 gun...
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022375)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on November 24th, 2009 @ 9:18am CST
i may not have masterpiece prime but . . .
I NEED THIS GUY!
also can anyone tell me if the autobot symbol on his shoulder is molded ?
if not i can just buy decepticon symbols from reprolabels and replace the autobot symbols :)
also is it me or do optimus and hotrod look super deformed on those communicators :?
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022376)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on November 24th, 2009 @ 9:24am CST
Diem wrote:Wonder what colour his Matrix is...

red . . . THE COLOR OF EVIL :shock: :twisted:
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022378)
Posted by dragons on November 24th, 2009 @ 9:32am CST
whats that round metal disk in the plastic bag for i have a prime i dont see where small disk would fit in anywhere to be any of use for master piece prime.

prime seeing himself on his wrist communicator ocaward....
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022380)
Posted by Mach on November 24th, 2009 @ 9:44am CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:i may not have masterpiece prime but . . .
I NEED THIS GUY!
also can anyone tell me if the autobot symbol on his shoulder is molded ?

Yeah, faction logo is molded.... Business point of view it is not cost effective to remold the thing in order to call him Nemesis Prime...
Thats why it is just straight repaint and called him a clone of convoy.... In fact many of them according to the comic...
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022387)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 24th, 2009 @ 9:59am CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Diem wrote:Wonder what colour his Matrix is...

red . . . THE COLOR OF EVIL :shock: :twisted:
Except that he's not evil. He's the same Convoy/Optimus Prime that we all know and like. Just in his Black Body upgrade (again).
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022394)
Posted by --B-- on November 24th, 2009 @ 10:13am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Diem wrote:Wonder what colour his Matrix is...

red . . . THE COLOR OF EVIL :shock: :twisted:

Soooo, then how is he talking to his red and blue self in the view screen on his arm?
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022409)
Posted by El Duque on November 24th, 2009 @ 11:16am CST
I'm really on the fence with this guy. He looks kinda cool, but do I really need another MP Prime mold? I already have the 25th Anniversary Prime(my first version of the mold), the DVD Edition(got as a gift), the MP-04(just had to have the trailer), and of course the Ultra Magnus version. I have him on preorder, but I'm really considering canceling.
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022415)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 24th, 2009 @ 11:35am CST
--B-- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Diem wrote:Wonder what colour his Matrix is...

red . . . THE COLOR OF EVIL :shock: :twisted:

In the story, he had Wheeljack and Ga'mede create 21 duplicates of his Black Bodied self to help him fight against Galvatron II. This figure must then represent one of those 21 "Eldedroids". But it's still not evil.

What I wanna know is, if he's also talking to Rodimus Prime, does that mean that Rodimus is still alive? And how did he get the Matrix back? Last we saw him he was his Hot Rod self again as a Micromaster. How/why did he lose the Matrix and how did he get it back? And why does he have it if Optimus is back? So many questions brought up by one image. :-B
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022420)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 24th, 2009 @ 11:50am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
--B-- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Diem wrote:Wonder what colour his Matrix is...

red . . . THE COLOR OF EVIL :shock: :twisted:

Understanding the Japanese continuity is hard, let's go shopping!
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022425)
Posted by Kibble on November 24th, 2009 @ 12:04pm CST
Mine shipped today from RobotKingdom! Should be in my hands within a week or two...although I may have to hold off opening till X-mas.
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022449)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 24th, 2009 @ 1:26pm CST
Man, that is certified badass. And that badge is extra cool. But there's just no room in my collection for another MP Prime. I usually save Nemesis Prime (I know this isn't, but to me it is) for the OP molds I don't care to get the normal version of. So I don't think I'll make an exception here. But dang, does that look fine.
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022463)
Posted by Convotron on November 24th, 2009 @ 2:25pm CST

Razorclaw0000 wrote:Understanding the Japanese continuity is hard, let's go shopping!

The Japanese continuity isn't meant to make sense, hehe. Let the shopping commence!
Re: Updated: New Images Of Takara MP 1B Convoy Black Version (1022467)
Posted by Kibble on November 24th, 2009 @ 2:34pm CST
Convotron wrote:Definitely a cool black OP/Convoy. I cancelled my pre-order months ago because I had received the 20th Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime first and was very happy with it so I decided to not get the black repaint.

Don't they charge you at the time of order? How do you cancel...do they just refund your account?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering