Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector

Friday, November 8th, 2013 3:26PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,374

Transformers News: Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker

Credit(s): Amazon
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528746)
Posted by Megazarak on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:31pm CST
And there's Cosmos. Just a delay indeed. And a surprise guest in Shrap... Skrapnel...? Or is that supposed to be Sharpshot? Well, whatever, we know who he's supposed to be. All that's left until the next unseen waves is Tailgate.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528749)
Posted by Rated X on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:42pm CST
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528751)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:46pm CST
cosmos looks awesome but shrapnel on the other hand is horrible, but at least they tried to give him his name. Ill probably throw cosmos on the buy 1 get 1 50% off/coupon list.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528752)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:49pm CST
Both of these are fantastic... though I'm not really sure what Reflector changes into there. Heh.

Would love to troop build these bugs... but I do SINCERELY hope they release "Hardshell" and Kickback at this size. Will be really miffed otherwise.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528754)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:50pm CST

Cosmos, on the other hand, OH YES PLEASE. He looks amazing! I love that these guys are small enough to work well with Metroplex. Which leads me to a problem. Hasbro's found a way to exploit my plastic crack addiction. I had no intention of buying this Class of figures and then I saw Bumblebee on clearance at Wal*Mart and put him in one of the control areas on Metroplex and he fit so perfectly. It blew my mind and made my wallet cry. Now, I'm trying so hard not to buy these but they look so good.

...so good.

-_- Hasbro, I could sucker punch you in the kidneys right now. My poor wallet hates you.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528756)
Posted by Mkall on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:59pm CST
HA! So it is Skrapnel now and not Sharpshot. Suck it Sabrblade :P
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528759)
Posted by Rated X on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CST
Megazarak wrote:
Rated X wrote:Meh...

I thought Swerve and Cosmos were going to be scout sized. :-(

Igear wins this round.

You didn't really have any reason to think that, considering we always knew they were Legends and had their little partners, making them the same size as the Optimus, BB, SS and Megs that were previously in the line.

That said, these figures are bigger than Legion and a bit smaller than Commander, so that would put them a bit under Scout size (which in turn is a little bigger than a Commander).

Here's a pretty good picture for their scale.

For me thats G1 toy scale. The mini bots were only "mini" as a gimmick to sell toys to kids with cheap parents. Legends class is the same concept. But having figures that stand up to Primes kneecaps is rather silly looking in my opinion. Scout class just makes more sense from a G1 cartoon perspective. Hasbro Windcharger was the perfect scale. The picture shown here was taken at an angle looking down slightly to make Prime seem shorter so the Legends Bee doesnt look so small.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528763)
Posted by hinomars19 on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:11pm CST

That's not Kickback, It's Shrapnel, hence the new name. Trademark on SHRAPNEL was lost, so they first went with sharpshot as a replacement, but now it seems somebody with a creative yet simple approach has entered the building, hence the clever use of SKRAPNEL :D
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528764)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:13pm CST
These make me happy and un-regret my decision to not purchase the previous Legends Cosmos figure. :D
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528770)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:51pm CST
Though already owning Cosmos ver.2, this one looks less stubby like a downsized Scourge. nice! Shrapnel too! Instant buy! I hope the other 3 Insecticons get this same make over.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528772)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:54pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:...Skrapnel? HASBRO! Y U DO THAT?! >_< As for his partner Reflector, I do love that it turns into a camera. The robot mode looks nice, too. It's weapon mode that ruins it. As for Kickback, himself (I refuse to call it Skrapnel), he looks quite good. If they end up making all three Insecticons, they've won me over.

...so good.

This.

Reason why my recent pick ups were all from the EZ collections line. I really hate Tomy/Hasbro. :lol:
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528775)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:59pm CST
Guessing you meant SCROUNGE... the lil yellow guy?

As for naming, of course Hasbro has to pay dough to keep those trademarks, so it's no surprise some get lost over the years. I can ignore that and call them the old name in my own home.

Also no surprise they let violent or weapon related names expire. If you can't say the toys name walking through an airport or public school, then it's probably a candidate to be changed. (Speaking of Hardshell's old name here.)
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528780)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:06pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:Guessing you meant SCROUNGE... the lil yellow guy?

Nope. I really meant the new "wing" Scourge form and not the flying G1 bathtub. Take a look at his legs.

Btw, what a coincidence......old Takara catalogs designated Scourge as a UFO too. And your mentioning Blaster's buddy in Marvel TF#17 and 18 story line just gave Hasbro an excuse for a repaint. So should royalties be in the pipeline? :lol:
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528782)
Posted by Metrosuplex on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:15pm CST
Rated X wrote:Once again, I was under the assumption that these were going to be scout sized when they revealeed them at Botcon. I already got a Legends Cosmos. If they would have made this one in scout or small deluxe class, I would have been very happy. But Igear Cosmos still reigns supreme due to a better scale. As cool as Shrapnel is, I have little interest in him because the Insecticons are new "seekers". You will never get all three in one scale or figure line. Fansproject did it. Why not Hasbro ?

I'm in line with your thinking. :BOWDOWN: Why not do a 3-pack of the insecticons, a la FansProject? :HEADHURTS:
Personally, I think Cosmos should be between iGear and Hasbro's new scale... scout would be nice. Still, anyone who complains about Cosmos has not had the pleasure of touching the iGear model - it's damn near perfect. I wouldn't really expect Hasbro's version to approach it, and in that respect, this new Cosmos looks a little wonky to me. His legs and arms just seem off... and the long torso, too. >:oP

Rated X wrote:But having figures that stand up to Primes kneecaps is rather silly looking in my opinion. Scout class just makes more sense from a G1 cartoon perspective. Hasbro Windcharger was the perfect scale. The picture shown here was taken at an angle looking down slightly to make Prime seem shorter so the Legends Bee doesnt look so small.

Agreed again! :APPLAUSE: I saw the Windcharger in that pic and died a little inside. Cause, to me, it's one of the best size classes of TF's, including cool alt modes and relatively simple transformations. It just killed me the day I went to the toy store and realized Hasbro had unceremoniously put a bullet in the Scout's head! :sad:
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528785)
Posted by Noideaforaname on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:21pm CST
A flying saucer paired with a Space Shuttle, I love it!

I wish Shrapnel came with Chop Shop instead, mostly since I really don't want a Megatron or Reflector, but also because Stag Beetle Duo > Stag Beetle and... a Camera.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528788)
Posted by megatronus on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:30pm CST
For what these are, I really like the look of them.

Seeing them both makes me want to go back and get BB, IDW Optimus, Megatron, and Starscream.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528790)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 8th, 2013 @ 6:07pm CST
megatronus wrote:For what these are, I really like the look of them.

You'll be sorry if you don't.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528791)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 8th, 2013 @ 6:13pm CST
What's with all the mistransformations on the Skrapnel pics. #-o

I've long given up on trying to get figures in scale with each other so I'm perfectly happy of pairing Skrapnel with FOC Kickback. All I need now is Bombshell. I tried using Prime Hardshell but his aesthetic is too different to work.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528792)
Posted by Janus Prime on November 8th, 2013 @ 6:18pm CST
I would totally give Chop Shop to Skrapnel and Reflector to Megatron.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528793)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 8th, 2013 @ 6:23pm CST
But Reflector is designed to transform into Shrapnel's old gun.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528796)
Posted by Janus Prime on November 8th, 2013 @ 6:37pm CST
RiddlerJ wrote:But Reflector is designed to transform into Shrapnel's old gun.

Is that what that is?... oh yeah! that´s very cool! but I would still pair The Insecticons together, just for kicks.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528798)
Posted by Metrosuplex on November 8th, 2013 @ 7:14pm CST
RiddlerJ wrote:What's with all the mistransformations on the Skrapnel pics. #-o

I was wondering the same... cause Skrapnel looks like crap in alt mode. Was the photographer just new? Cause one look at the pictures and I'm already seeing how the calves aren't folded over the thighs properly... :BANG_HEAD:

RiddlerJ wrote:But Reflector is designed to transform into Shrapnel's old gun.

(not directed personally at you)
I guess if the overall aesthetic is "F*CK Reflector!" then, yeah, I see where you're coming from. But you know what? I'd kill for Reflector to get his own, PROPER update! =P~

Photron is a nice substitute and all, but I'd really dig a more G1-accurate Reflector, that wasn't some lame-ass, gimmicky gun add-on! :SICK:
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528802)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 8th, 2013 @ 7:26pm CST
El Duque wrote:And the hits just keep coming from Amazon! We now have high quality official images for Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel (Shrapnel) with Reflector. As with the previous updated listing these include shots of each figures packaging. Check em out below:

For what it's worth these come from the Amazon Canada site. Amazon US hasn't been updated yet as far as I know
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528808)
Posted by craggy on November 8th, 2013 @ 8:15pm CST
these little dudes look great. I've already got the FP Nonsecticons but Skrapnel is a cool name, and a nice looking bot, so I'll pick him up, even if just to be a clone. Cosmos and Payload are decent too. Definitely got a Scourge feeling off the Cosmos legs too.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528814)
Posted by T-Macksimus on November 8th, 2013 @ 9:12pm CST
Cosmos is a definite buy as is the Swerve from the earlier report. Shrapnel... aww hell, even though I don't like the looks of him or Reflector all that much the G1'er in me will probably snag 'em just on general principle. If they release the other two in the same size range that will just be a sweet bonus.

I'm actually liking the Generations Legends figures quite a bit. The articulation has improved greatly over previous Legends figures and for someone like myself who is short on both cash and space, these work perfectly. Allows me to still enjoy the hobby of collecting Transformers without breaking the wallet and overloading my very limited storage/display space. I'm going to have to do some backtracking and pick up previous releases if at all possible but I certainly wont be missing any more releases of these from here on out.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528817)
Posted by Observedhalo on November 8th, 2013 @ 9:55pm CST
Looks great. Can't wait for a Gears retool.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528818)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 8th, 2013 @ 10:27pm CST
I have to say if these were coming out more than two a wave or perhaps monthly I'd only be buying these figures... no, no I wouldn't; no self control.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528822)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 8th, 2013 @ 11:34pm CST
This is the second Cosmos they've released, AND HE'S STILL NOT A DELUXE!!!!! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528833)
Posted by RhA on November 9th, 2013 @ 3:59am CST
GLORIOUS! Gimmegimmegimme!
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528843)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 9th, 2013 @ 7:36am CST
sweet, im loving these legends. cant wait to have them all. i wonder if they are making a sea spray...
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528851)
Posted by SaTaN CoNvOy on November 9th, 2013 @ 9:20am CST
Venowtron wrote:am I the only one to think that the box art should just say "Idol Of Millions" on it

I was thinking the same thing too. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1529019)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 10th, 2013 @ 10:45am CST
Man, some of you with a g1 geek complex need to get a life.

I think these figures are awesome. Who cares if they are in scale with your dead line or not? I fully embrace this new legends line and I think its the best small scale line Hasbro has ever made. Can't wait to get Cosmos, Shrapnel, Taligate, and Swerve. And it looks like next year we are going to see Gears and Cliffjumper as well, and I would assume Windcharger, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. Keep up the good work here Hasbro. Too bad the rest of your lines are going to hell in a handbasket.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1529076)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 10th, 2013 @ 5:56pm CST
Skrapnel? Ironically, kinda prefer "Sharpshot" over "Skrapnel". But meh, whatever, I'm still planning to pick him and Reflector up.

Cosmos, yes. Gimme.

As for Swerve, I concur with most users; glad I skimped on the GDO Deluxe.

I like the idea of Starscream being redecoed into Skywarp and Thundercracker to create a Legends-scaled Seeker group. I don't even mind if the pair aren't partnered with Targetmasters. But I fear if someone at Hasbro actually gets that idea, it'll more than likely be a hard-to-find exclusive at Toys "R" Us or someplace.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1529282)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 11th, 2013 @ 7:52pm CST
I miss Scout class.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1529310)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 11th, 2013 @ 11:56pm CST
MGrotusque wrote:I miss Scout class.

The high point they hit with the ROTF scouts makes me wonder where they could've gone from there.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1529341)
Posted by shockblast2 on November 12th, 2013 @ 7:58am CST
MGrotusque wrote:I miss Scout class.

What is there to miss? The PCC line? The scores of irrelevant ROTF figures? Or the ONE good scout they released, Windcharger? When Hasbro releases a new Windcharger from the Tailgate mold, RTS Windcharger will be nothing but a memory of a failed line that was snuffed out.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1529352)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:34am CST
shockblast2 wrote:
MGrotusque wrote:I miss Scout class.

It's the proper size for the smaller bots. The scale allowed for heaps of articulation and offered excellent attention to detail.
Regardless of what cannon it was affiliated with it was a good scale and is a class that should be continued.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1529358)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 12th, 2013 @ 8:44am CST
shockblast2 wrote:
MGrotusque wrote:I miss Scout class.

Sounds like you're flame-baiting. >:oP

Most people liked the Scout class, and ROTF in particular had some great Scout figures.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1529371)
Posted by Blurrz on November 12th, 2013 @ 11:08am CST
Ugh, the scout class would be so much better for this. But actually getting a figure for IDW Swerve and subsequent IDW Tailgate is pretty much a dream come true for a bunch of fans, so I'm glad with what we get.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1529729)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 14th, 2013 @ 1:10pm CST
IMO these guys are the spiritual successors to the Scout class anyway, just smaller. It's a sad fact of the times, but I'd rather see smaller, detailed and articulated figures like these than big clunky deluxes like those simplified Beast Hunters toys.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars