Transformers News: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector

Friday, November 8th, 2013 3:26PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 38,240

And the hits just keep coming from Amazon! We now have high quality official images for Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel (Shrapnel) with Reflector. As with the previous updated listing these include shots of each figures packaging. Check em out below:

Transformers News: Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker

Credit(s): Amazon
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528746)
Posted by Megazarak on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:31pm CST
And there's Cosmos. Just a delay indeed. And a surprise guest in Shrap... Skrapnel...? Or is that supposed to be Sharpshot? Well, whatever, we know who he's supposed to be. All that's left until the next unseen waves is Tailgate.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528749)
Posted by Rated X on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:42pm CST
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528751)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:46pm CST
cosmos looks awesome but shrapnel on the other hand is horrible, but at least they tried to give him his name. Ill probably throw cosmos on the buy 1 get 1 50% off/coupon list.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528752)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:49pm CST
Both of these are fantastic... though I'm not really sure what Reflector changes into there. Heh.

Would love to troop build these bugs... but I do SINCERELY hope they release "Hardshell" and Kickback at this size. Will be really miffed otherwise.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528754)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:50pm CST

Cosmos, on the other hand, OH YES PLEASE. He looks amazing! I love that these guys are small enough to work well with Metroplex. Which leads me to a problem. Hasbro's found a way to exploit my plastic crack addiction. I had no intention of buying this Class of figures and then I saw Bumblebee on clearance at Wal*Mart and put him in one of the control areas on Metroplex and he fit so perfectly. It blew my mind and made my wallet cry. Now, I'm trying so hard not to buy these but they look so good.

...so good.

-_- Hasbro, I could sucker punch you in the kidneys right now. My poor wallet hates you.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528756)
Posted by Mkall on November 8th, 2013 @ 3:59pm CST
HA! So it is Skrapnel now and not Sharpshot. Suck it Sabrblade :P
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528759)
Posted by Rated X on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CST
Megazarak wrote:
Rated X wrote:Meh...

I thought Swerve and Cosmos were going to be scout sized. :-(

Igear wins this round.

You didn't really have any reason to think that, considering we always knew they were Legends and had their little partners, making them the same size as the Optimus, BB, SS and Megs that were previously in the line.

That said, these figures are bigger than Legion and a bit smaller than Commander, so that would put them a bit under Scout size (which in turn is a little bigger than a Commander).

Here's a pretty good picture for their scale.

For me thats G1 toy scale. The mini bots were only "mini" as a gimmick to sell toys to kids with cheap parents. Legends class is the same concept. But having figures that stand up to Primes kneecaps is rather silly looking in my opinion. Scout class just makes more sense from a G1 cartoon perspective. Hasbro Windcharger was the perfect scale. The picture shown here was taken at an angle looking down slightly to make Prime seem shorter so the Legends Bee doesnt look so small.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528763)
Posted by hinomars19 on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:11pm CST

That's not Kickback, It's Shrapnel, hence the new name. Trademark on SHRAPNEL was lost, so they first went with sharpshot as a replacement, but now it seems somebody with a creative yet simple approach has entered the building, hence the clever use of SKRAPNEL :D
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528764)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:13pm CST
These make me happy and un-regret my decision to not purchase the previous Legends Cosmos figure. :D
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528770)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:51pm CST
Though already owning Cosmos ver.2, this one looks less stubby like a downsized Scourge. nice! Shrapnel too! Instant buy! I hope the other 3 Insecticons get this same make over.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528772)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:54pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:...Skrapnel? HASBRO! Y U DO THAT?! >_< As for his partner Reflector, I do love that it turns into a camera. The robot mode looks nice, too. It's weapon mode that ruins it. As for Kickback, himself (I refuse to call it Skrapnel), he looks quite good. If they end up making all three Insecticons, they've won me over.

...so good.

This.

Reason why my recent pick ups were all from the EZ collections line. I really hate Tomy/Hasbro. :lol:
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528775)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 8th, 2013 @ 4:59pm CST
Guessing you meant SCROUNGE... the lil yellow guy?

As for naming, of course Hasbro has to pay dough to keep those trademarks, so it's no surprise some get lost over the years. I can ignore that and call them the old name in my own home.

Also no surprise they let violent or weapon related names expire. If you can't say the toys name walking through an airport or public school, then it's probably a candidate to be changed. (Speaking of Hardshell's old name here.)
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528780)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:06pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:Guessing you meant SCROUNGE... the lil yellow guy?

Nope. I really meant the new "wing" Scourge form and not the flying G1 bathtub. Take a look at his legs.

Btw, what a coincidence......old Takara catalogs designated Scourge as a UFO too. And your mentioning Blaster's buddy in Marvel TF#17 and 18 story line just gave Hasbro an excuse for a repaint. So should royalties be in the pipeline? :lol:
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528782)
Posted by Metrosuplex on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:15pm CST
Rated X wrote:Once again, I was under the assumption that these were going to be scout sized when they revealeed them at Botcon. I already got a Legends Cosmos. If they would have made this one in scout or small deluxe class, I would have been very happy. But Igear Cosmos still reigns supreme due to a better scale. As cool as Shrapnel is, I have little interest in him because the Insecticons are new "seekers". You will never get all three in one scale or figure line. Fansproject did it. Why not Hasbro ?

I'm in line with your thinking. :BOWDOWN: Why not do a 3-pack of the insecticons, a la FansProject? :HEADHURTS:
Personally, I think Cosmos should be between iGear and Hasbro's new scale... scout would be nice. Still, anyone who complains about Cosmos has not had the pleasure of touching the iGear model - it's damn near perfect. I wouldn't really expect Hasbro's version to approach it, and in that respect, this new Cosmos looks a little wonky to me. His legs and arms just seem off... and the long torso, too. >:oP

Rated X wrote:But having figures that stand up to Primes kneecaps is rather silly looking in my opinion. Scout class just makes more sense from a G1 cartoon perspective. Hasbro Windcharger was the perfect scale. The picture shown here was taken at an angle looking down slightly to make Prime seem shorter so the Legends Bee doesnt look so small.

Agreed again! :APPLAUSE: I saw the Windcharger in that pic and died a little inside. Cause, to me, it's one of the best size classes of TF's, including cool alt modes and relatively simple transformations. It just killed me the day I went to the toy store and realized Hasbro had unceremoniously put a bullet in the Scout's head! :sad:
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528785)
Posted by Noideaforaname on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:21pm CST
A flying saucer paired with a Space Shuttle, I love it!

I wish Shrapnel came with Chop Shop instead, mostly since I really don't want a Megatron or Reflector, but also because Stag Beetle Duo > Stag Beetle and... a Camera.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528788)
Posted by megatronus on November 8th, 2013 @ 5:30pm CST
For what these are, I really like the look of them.

Seeing them both makes me want to go back and get BB, IDW Optimus, Megatron, and Starscream.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528790)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 8th, 2013 @ 6:07pm CST
megatronus wrote:For what these are, I really like the look of them.

You'll be sorry if you don't.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528791)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 8th, 2013 @ 6:13pm CST
What's with all the mistransformations on the Skrapnel pics. #-o

I've long given up on trying to get figures in scale with each other so I'm perfectly happy of pairing Skrapnel with FOC Kickback. All I need now is Bombshell. I tried using Prime Hardshell but his aesthetic is too different to work.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528792)
Posted by Janus Prime on November 8th, 2013 @ 6:18pm CST
I would totally give Chop Shop to Skrapnel and Reflector to Megatron.
Re: Updated Official Images Transformers Generations Legends Cosmos with Payload and Skrapnel with Reflector (1528793)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 8th, 2013 @ 6:23pm CST
But Reflector is designed to transform into Shrapnel's old gun.

Ending Soon On eBay

1998 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals 2 IGUANUS Figure MOC - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 51 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers G1 1985 SMOKESCREEN 100% complete hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 11 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Japanese C-327 Victory Leo (Robot Only) - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers - Stratosphere Voyager Class Figure - ROTF - Complete - Time Remaining: 8 days 16 hours 27 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Age Of Extinction Smash And Change Optimus Prime Figure Toy NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 2 minutes 12 seconds
GRIMLOCK 2014 Transformers Age of Extinction Flip and Change -Sealed-LAST ONE ! - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 36 minutes 9 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TITANIUM SERIES MEGATRON DIECAST 6" FIGURE w/DISPLAY STAND - Time Remaining: 8 days 6 hours 7 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers - Skids & Mudflap Icecream Van Deluxe Class Figure - ROTF Complete - Time Remaining: 29 days 16 hours 37 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory