Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee

Transformers News: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee

Monday, March 21st, 2011 3:07AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: TCracker   Views: 35,949

A boardmember kenji from hk-tf.com had posted an extensive gallery of pictures featuring the latest Transformers Dark of The Moon Leader class Bumblebee.

These pics depict Bumblebee in alternate car mode, the so called "stealth-force" mode (obviously a fan mode) and the robot mode. To date, these might be one of the most flattering pictures of the Leader Class Bumblebee to date.

The Mech-Tech attachment are also shown how it is integrated in these 3 different modes.

Like him or hate him, it is your call.

More pictures can be seen HERE

Update: Thanks for Seibertron Board member - freaky777, the "stealth-mode" is a confirmed OFFICIAL MODE as per the instruction.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com - the latest in Transformers news.
Credit(s): kenji of the hk-tf.com boards & freaky777 of seibertron.com
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197740)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on March 21st, 2011 @ 3:43am CDT
Yeah, those pics DO make him look much better, especially that last pic of him in bot mode. Earlier pics and footage made him look like a top-heavy hunchback.

The stealth "fan-mode" actually looks good, much better than the official one with just the backpack mounted.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197753)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 21st, 2011 @ 6:52am CDT
think they will repaint it as cliffjumper later? lol
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197765)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 21st, 2011 @ 7:49am CDT
I'm impressed! That stealth/battle mode is pretty damn cool.

Anyone else think that his Mech Tech weapon almost looks like it could combine with others to form something larger? It's vaguely torso-shaped.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197776)
Posted by dragons on March 21st, 2011 @ 8:57am CDT

Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197781)
Posted by First-Aid on March 21st, 2011 @ 9:11am CDT
WOw...that bot mode pic looks awesome! This may just be the best BB fig yet...they managed to get the chest armor right, too. One of the biggest issues i had with screen accuracy of past figs is the fact that he always looked like he had boobs since his car hood stuck out so far. This makes the front of his body look like it all slides back and into place nicely, leaving a relatively smooth front of the body.

I hope that makes sense; what it boils down to is a fantastic figure.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197787)
Posted by Aladar on March 21st, 2011 @ 9:36am CDT
That is one badass Bumblebee. He finally looks cool out of the movies.Roll on Hasbro.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197790)
Posted by Kibble on March 21st, 2011 @ 9:43am CDT
dragons wrote:be nice but doubtful im sure if someone really wanted to they would find way to make it look like another bot combined togeather last picture of bumblebee actually looks good he looks serious still not gettting it to mane bees gettting me sick of him & in cartoon seriis

this
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197799)
Posted by The Variable on March 21st, 2011 @ 10:20am CDT
Fan mode or not, I like the idea of having a stealth force mode for these figures.

Bumblebee's bulkier robot mode looks pretty good, since I have a liking towards heavy looking robots. While Sentinel Prime looks good, I may have to make room for another Leader figure, choosing between Ironhide and Bumblebee...
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197811)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 21st, 2011 @ 10:54am CDT
Bumblebee's ridi'n on a boat! He's on a boat! Take a good hard look at the mother *$&#ing boat!!! I say that because he looks lika an armored boat in the vehicle weapon mode. He looks much better, and I'll definately be getting him! I think he looks possibly even cooler than Leader Sentinel Prime!
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197814)
Posted by OlivusPrime on March 21st, 2011 @ 11:04am CDT
Looking cool, I really like the Stealth Mode. If only it were smaller!
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197874)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 21st, 2011 @ 1:54pm CDT
Maybe it's just me, but his head looks a tad too small in comparison to the rest of the body.

griftimus prime wrote:think they will repaint it as cliffjumper later? lol

One can only hope! I'll take a good Cliffjumper repaint over a regular 'Bee anyday.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197881)
Posted by BigBotPrime on March 21st, 2011 @ 2:13pm CDT
still don't like B's new design, i'll just make my Battle ops BB a DOTM figure :BOT:
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197899)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on March 21st, 2011 @ 3:31pm CDT
Bumblebee looks really good in these new pictures, but he is just too out of scale for me.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197901)
Posted by Xterminator on March 21st, 2011 @ 3:43pm CDT
With so many weapons in his mectech backpack, having yet again his right arm as a canon seems completely unnecessary.

A leader BB with two hands would be nicer IMO. I think I will stick to my Battle Ops BB and spend the money with the other leader figures ...
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197907)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 21st, 2011 @ 3:57pm CDT
I'm trying, but I just can't like this guy, no matter how hard I try.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197949)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 21st, 2011 @ 5:06pm CDT
Slaggit! I have to get him now.
I do think these are the most flattering pictures so far. I might just have to buy him. These pictures really show his detail.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197960)
Posted by jaws on March 21st, 2011 @ 5:33pm CDT

I could see buying it just for the "stealth" mode. . . or to adapt the mech-tech weapon to Battle Ops BB . . . Ultimate OP.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1197973)
Posted by Captziltoid on March 21st, 2011 @ 5:46pm CDT
ok i have to admit it. im not hating this guy so much anymore. some of these pics make bb look really cool. but its just the positioning of the head that makes him look so wierd to me. i hope hes not a hunchback in the actual movie. i mean it looks like devastator bonked him on the head. id have to see him in person, plus i already have battle ops bb so this dude would have to be like super amazing for me to get him. as of now the only leader class i want is of course sentinel prime. and to be honest, if leader class ironhide is good ill get him too. i hate all the other versions of him.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1198113)
Posted by The Dude on March 21st, 2011 @ 9:44pm CDT
I said this when I saw Battle Ops BB, and I'll say it again here. When a new Transformers toy mold literally looks like it recycles parts from another mold, the design has had its day. Ironincally, this time it's the head that looks exactly like Battle Ops BB.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1198123)
Posted by freaky777 on March 21st, 2011 @ 10:00pm CDT
jaws wrote:Needs a few more paint applications, that fan-made "stealth/attack" mode rocks, thought he would be bigger (when compared to Battle Ops BB). Definitely can see the Wrecker/NASCAR infuence: the rear spoiler, lower front spoiler, skirting between the wheels below the door panels, carbon fiber stripe pattern, window nets, hoodpins. I've noticed at least 5 mech-tech attach points on the big weapon and about 4 on the figure itself. The rear window slotted attach point looks very similar to what's on the front of Ultimate OP's trailer (blue area) too.

That stealth/attack mode is not fan made. It's in the instructions that came with it. I know cause I have this figure in my hands.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1198149)
Posted by DJLazer on March 21st, 2011 @ 10:59pm CDT
I luv the fan mode! It looks so bad ass! Especially the last pic of BB.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1198151)
Posted by DJLazer on March 21st, 2011 @ 11:00pm CDT
I luv the fan mode! It looks so bad ass! Especially the last pic of BB.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1198171)
Posted by TCracker on March 22nd, 2011 @ 12:51am CDT
freaky777 wrote:

Wow, is it? =P~ care to post pics of the instructions?
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1198182)
Posted by freaky777 on March 22nd, 2011 @ 2:12am CDT
TCracker wrote:
freaky777 wrote:

Wow, is it? =P~ care to post pics of the instructions?

Sure. :D

Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1198185)
Posted by First-Aid on March 22nd, 2011 @ 2:20am CDT
That sold me. That is just fantastic.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1198187)
Posted by TCracker on March 22nd, 2011 @ 2:27am CDT
freaky777 wrote:
TCracker wrote:
freaky777 wrote:

Wow, is it? =P~ care to post pics of the instructions?

Sure. :D

Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation!! You rock :D
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1198576)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 22nd, 2011 @ 7:55pm CDT
I really like this figure..but I have no need for a leader class bumblebee.
Re: Updated Pictures of DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee (1198579)
Posted by Galvatron X on March 22nd, 2011 @ 8:08pm CDT
TCracker wrote:

freaky777 wrote:Sure. :D

Wow, that IS pretty cool! I think I'd much rather keep him in that mode than the Camaro.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction