Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee

Transformers News: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee

Monday, July 21st, 2014 7:42AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 23,993

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

With that latest piece of news about Mega One-Step Bumblebee, let's take a look at its smaller cousin in the Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise line, courtesy of Seibertron.com member and regular reviewer chuckdawg1999! Check out the embedded clip below.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Right off the bat let me mention that the sliding gimmick really doesn't work, you'll end up sliding the panel back and then disengaging the clip. With that said this is by far the best one step figure to date and a ton of fun. Highly recommended.


Credit(s): chuckdawg1999
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592182)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2014 @ 7:53am CDT
Metro Prime wrote:
Sideshow Sideswipe wrote:This is not a kids movie. I just don't get the level of merchandise targeted to kids.

^This comment pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with the Transformers fandom these days. It's a movie based on a series of KID'S TOYS. The main reason these movies are being made is to sell KID'S TOYS. Hasbro's main demographic is KIDS. What part of that do you not understand?
Yeah, the abnormality here isn't that the film's merchandise is being marketed to kids, it's that the movie meant to sell to kids wasn't kid-friendly.

I mean, what's next, an R-rated Sesame Street movie that misses the point of that show?
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592188)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:14am CDT
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592194)
Posted by robotmel on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:50am CDT
:D
Ebay seller lena81822 has listed a bunch of what are listed to be 'Transformers 4 AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime Test/Unpainted versions'.

From the photos in the Ebay listing we see a grey coloured 'test shot' of the Leader scaled Optimus Prime with grey shield and clear sword.

The listed figures are all being auctioned apart from one which has a Buy It Now for £83.02!

Check the link below for more info!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transformers-Movies-4-AOE-Leader-Class-Optimus-Prime-Test-unpainted-version-/231286178096?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35d9bb0130#ht_9625wt_1142






Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592196)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:51am CDT
I had written a few sentences on my view on this thing but I have deleted them and can replace them with this.

Neat idea poorly/cheaply executed.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592198)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:52am CDT
robotmel wrote::D
Ebay seller lena81822 has listed a bunch of what are listed to be 'Transformers 4 AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime Test/Unpainted versions'.

From the photos in the Ebay listing we see a grey coloured 'test shot' of the Leader scaled Optimus Prime with grey shield and clear sword.

The listed figures are all being auctioned apart from one which has a Buy It Now for £83.02!

Check the link below for more info!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transformers-Movies-4-AOE-Leader-Class-Optimus-Prime-Test-unpainted-version-/231286178096?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35d9bb0130#ht_9625wt_1142








Wonder what happens when you scratch the surface? ;)
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592201)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:56am CDT
Yeah I knew that this Bumblebee was going to have problems when I first saw the official images.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592203)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:01am CDT
Sideshow Sideswipe wrote:This is not a kids movie. I just don't get the level of merchandise targeted to kids.


Kids dont really like "kid-friendly" stuff. They want to feel older, like they are getting away with something. They like things that feel like they are not supposed to be watching it.

It's why MTV's major demographic is 12-16.

that said, I actually love this little guy. I thought about getting one for my son...but I may have to pick me up one too. Kinda neat.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592205)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:05am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:Kids dont really like "kid-friendly" stuff. They want to feel older, like they are getting away with something. They like things that feel like they are not supposed to be watching it.

It's why MTV's major demographic is 12-16.
Speak for yourself. I hated MTV at Age 12-16, and I still hate it.

Fox Kids, Kids WB, 4Kids TV, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and Toon Disney were my main things at Age 12-16.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592207)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:Kids dont really like "kid-friendly" stuff. They want to feel older, like they are getting away with something. They like things that feel like they are not supposed to be watching it.

It's why MTV's major demographic is 12-16.
Speak for yourself. I hated MTV at Age 12-16, and I still hate it.

Fox Kids, Kids WB, 4Kids TV, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and Toon Disney were my main things at Age 12-16.



lol. I agree with you. I hated MTV. However, I do not think we are or were typical kids. At least we would not be today.

My point is, that kids like to feel older than they are. A good example of this was when the Avenger's toyline was out. The commercials for the role play toys were all kids 16 and older. Possibly 17. Kids like that. It makes them feel like what they do is mature, and thus, important.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592227)
Posted by cdavid3 on July 21st, 2014 @ 10:28am CDT
The mega one-step BB was at the Toys R Us in Fremont, CA.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592236)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on July 21st, 2014 @ 11:31am CDT
He reviewed this weeks ago, and you're only now making a news post about it?
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592237)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 21st, 2014 @ 11:35am CDT
KirbyForce1 wrote:He reviewed this weeks ago, and you're only now making a news post about it?


Yep.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592317)
Posted by Convoy on July 21st, 2014 @ 3:45pm CDT
What thread am I in? I don't know what to talk about.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592318)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 21st, 2014 @ 3:46pm CDT
Convoy wrote:What thread am I in? I don't know what to talk about.


Confusing isn't it. :D
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592323)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 21st, 2014 @ 4:09pm CDT
robotmel wrote::D
Ebay seller lena81822 has listed a bunch of what are listed to be 'Transformers 4 AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime Test/Unpainted versions'.

From the photos in the Ebay listing we see a grey coloured 'test shot' of the Leader scaled Optimus Prime with grey shield and clear sword.

The listed figures are all being auctioned apart from one which has a Buy It Now for £83.02!

Check the link below for more info!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transformers-Movies-4-AOE-Leader-Class-Optimus-Prime-Test-unpainted-version-/231286178096?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35d9bb0130#ht_9625wt_1142








Looks fake to me. The grey seems oddly inconsistent from part to part. Probably just had the paint scraped off and the plastic was painted/dyed grey.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592332)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 21st, 2014 @ 5:00pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:He reviewed this weeks ago, and you're only now making a news post about it?


Yep.


It actually works out well since most people will start finding this figure in stores now.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592406)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2014 @ 10:56pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
robotmel wrote::D
Ebay seller lena81822 has listed a bunch of what are listed to be 'Transformers 4 AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime Test/Unpainted versions'.

From the photos in the Ebay listing we see a grey coloured 'test shot' of the Leader scaled Optimus Prime with grey shield and clear sword.

The listed figures are all being auctioned apart from one which has a Buy It Now for £83.02!

Check the link below for more info!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transformers-Movies-4-AOE-Leader-Class-Optimus-Prime-Test-unpainted-version-/231286178096?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35d9bb0130#ht_9625wt_1142








Looks fake to me. The grey seems oddly inconsistent from part to part. Probably just had the paint scraped off and the plastic was painted/dyed grey.
But what about that solid translucent sword and windows colored clear instead of yellow? How would they extract the color from the plastic?
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592419)
Posted by Peridot on July 21st, 2014 @ 11:31pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
robotmel wrote::D
Ebay seller lena81822 has listed a bunch of what are listed to be 'Transformers 4 AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime Test/Unpainted versions'.

From the photos in the Ebay listing we see a grey coloured 'test shot' of the Leader scaled Optimus Prime with grey shield and clear sword.

The listed figures are all being auctioned apart from one which has a Buy It Now for £83.02!

Check the link below for more info!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transformers-Movies-4-AOE-Leader-Class-Optimus-Prime-Test-unpainted-version-/231286178096?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35d9bb0130#ht_9625wt_1142








Looks fake to me. The grey seems oddly inconsistent from part to part. Probably just had the paint scraped off and the plastic was painted/dyed grey.

What inconsistencies? The color looks pretty uniform to me. Also, do you realize how hard it is to remove paint in a way that won't damage the figure? It's especially improbable on a figure of that size.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592563)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 22nd, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
robotmel wrote::D
Ebay seller lena81822 has listed a bunch of what are listed to be 'Transformers 4 AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime Test/Unpainted versions'.

From the photos in the Ebay listing we see a grey coloured 'test shot' of the Leader scaled Optimus Prime with grey shield and clear sword.

The listed figures are all being auctioned apart from one which has a Buy It Now for £83.02!

Check the link below for more info!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transformers-Movies-4-AOE-Leader-Class-Optimus-Prime-Test-unpainted-version-/231286178096?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35d9bb0130#ht_9625wt_1142








Looks fake to me. The grey seems oddly inconsistent from part to part. Probably just had the paint scraped off and the plastic was painted/dyed grey.
But what about that solid translucent sword and windows colored clear instead of yellow? How would they extract the color from the plastic?


I would have thought they'd just take the parts and make clear resin recasts of them. Recasting in resin is a very quick and easy way of duplicating parts, and is very common with counterfeits/knockoffs. It happens a lot with model miniatures and scale garage kits. And clear resin is hardly difficult to come by.

And this is assuming it isn't a photoshop, of course.

I mean, it COULD be the real deal, but I'm always wary of things claiming to be test shots. I know a lot of really rare toys and prototypes have been sold online only to turn out to be fakes/recasts- it happens a lot within the Jumbo Machinder fanbase/market.

Eh, I dunno. I'm always paranoid about these things, especially after nearly buying a fake Animated Arcee.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction One-Step Bumblebee (1592574)
Posted by Peridot on July 22nd, 2014 @ 1:25pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
robotmel wrote::D
Ebay seller lena81822 has listed a bunch of what are listed to be 'Transformers 4 AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime Test/Unpainted versions'.

From the photos in the Ebay listing we see a grey coloured 'test shot' of the Leader scaled Optimus Prime with grey shield and clear sword.

The listed figures are all being auctioned apart from one which has a Buy It Now for £83.02!

Check the link below for more info!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transformers-Movies-4-AOE-Leader-Class-Optimus-Prime-Test-unpainted-version-/231286178096?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35d9bb0130#ht_9625wt_1142








Looks fake to me. The grey seems oddly inconsistent from part to part. Probably just had the paint scraped off and the plastic was painted/dyed grey.
But what about that solid translucent sword and windows colored clear instead of yellow? How would they extract the color from the plastic?


I would have thought they'd just take the parts and make clear resin recasts of them. Recasting in resin is a very quick and easy way of duplicating parts, and is very common with counterfeits/knockoffs. It happens a lot with model miniatures and scale garage kits. And clear resin is hardly difficult to come by.

And this is assuming it isn't a photoshop, of course.

I mean, it COULD be the real deal, but I'm always wary of things claiming to be test shots. I know a lot of really rare toys and prototypes have been sold online only to turn out to be fakes/recasts- it happens a lot within the Jumbo Machinder fanbase/market.

Eh, I dunno. I'm always paranoid about these things, especially after nearly buying a fake Animated Arcee.

Well, lena usually seems to get figures straight from the factory. It's possible that some Chinese factory worker is cranking out unauthorized copies when nobody's looking.
Actually, a lot of these "test shots" and other high quality KOs seem to be created that way.

Ending Soon On eBay

NEW!Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Energize Optimus Prime Figure. - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 23 minutes 12 seconds
Sword - Transformers G1 Fortress Maximus - Takata Encore 23 Sticker Sheet + Card - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 43 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Encore 10 G1 Bumblebee Tailgate Outback Pipes Swerve Bio Card - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 34 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers (2010 Reveal the Shield) Voyager Class: Solar Storm Grappel - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 9 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Legends Class BUMBLEBEE GOLD -Not- Reveal The Shield - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 15 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers e-Hobby G1 Sunstorm Encore Starscream - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 21 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack | Hasbro B3774 - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 56 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers DOTM Human Alliance BumbleBee With Sam New Never Opened - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 12 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents
Twincast / Podcast #146:
"Happy Accidents"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, June 14th, 2016