Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound

Transformers News: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound

Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 4:25PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Reviews, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,142

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

And it wasn't long until we got a video review for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager class Autobot Hound too, once again from YouTube reviewer Baltmatrix, and thanks to Seibertron.com user craggy for the pointer! Check out the video embedded below, the images we posted earlier, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub.

Credit(s): Baltmatrix
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573645)
Posted by ILL-Star on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:28pm CDT
Great to see that Hound is really good. I've been looking forward to getting him more than the other voyagers. All of those weapons are an absolute plus and it doesn't look like they take away from the size of the figure either. Hopefully I can see some comparison images for height soon.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573646)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:29pm CDT
Siger wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Wish he was fatter.

You mean wish he was more beefcake? I'm sure you don't want to see a huge beer gut and rolls of fat on this guy like 36% of Americans. :lol:

I do actually, because that's how he looks in the movie.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573648)
Posted by craggy on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:30pm CDT
I'll be all over that Bulkhead Hound when I see it in shops. I like it so much I'm tempted to order online. The alt mode is decent, the transformation is pretty nice (the best I've seen from AOE yet, and nicer than a lot of Generations too) and the bot mode is equal parts chunky and funky. The pics of the weapons sold me on buying the thing, even if it was poop, just for the guns, but seeing the bot in more detail has me really excited for him. Not too keen on the rubber arms or head, hopefully they'll hold up, or if they don't maybe we can get replacements from somewhere (or maybe something to make him a different character? I'd love a Bulkhead head) but the rest of the toy is golden.

Haven't been too excited about this movie line apart from the Dinos and a few of the old repaints, but this is one I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for. Possibly best of the line?
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573651)
Posted by Diem on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:34pm CDT
So for anyone who has Deluxe Crosshairs, where THE HELL are his rubber flaps meant to go in car mode? The instructions suggest that they should go behind his body but they get smooshed when you try to fold his shoulders in.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573652)
Posted by Wageboo on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:36pm CDT
"A weapon packed john goodman"
Ironically, John Goodman's his voice actor.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573653)
Posted by craggy on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:38pm CDT
Wageboo wrote:"A weapon packed john goodman"
Ironically, John Goodman's his voice actor.

Probably not ironically.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573662)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on May 13th, 2014 @ 4:58pm CDT
Hound looks awesome, but holy moly those hands! :shock:

Galvy's a shellformer, however the engineer is ingenious and much better than those two leader class Prime's.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573664)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2014 @ 5:00pm CDT
craggy wrote:I'll be all over that Bulkhead Hound when I see it in shops. I like it so much I'm tempted to order online. The alt mode is decent, the transformation is pretty nice (the best I've seen from AOE yet, and nicer than a lot of Generations too) and the bot mode is equal parts chunky and funky. The pics of the weapons sold me on buying the thing, even if it was poop, just for the guns, but seeing the bot in more detail has me really excited for him. Not too keen on the rubber arms or head, hopefully they'll hold up, or if they don't maybe we can get replacements from somewhere (or maybe something to make him a different character? I'd love a Bulkhead head) but the rest of the toy is golden.

Haven't been too excited about this movie line apart from the Dinos and a few of the old repaints, but this is one I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for. Possibly best of the line?


I have to agree, that is an ingenious simplified transformation. Virtually no kibble in either mode (though you can see the legs in vehicle mode), the chest is amazing, SO MANY WEAPONS, the aesthetics would make it fit in with Generations, potentially, it.. works. For me, at least. :D
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573666)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 13th, 2014 @ 5:10pm CDT
I wonder why Hound's knife doesn't have a place for storage in vehicle mode. I'm just going to assume that it's laziness. #-o
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573681)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 13th, 2014 @ 6:09pm CDT
Just saw the Galvatron video review. Sure, it
But.

The engeneering is BRILLIANT! It the first time a shelformer impress me that much. Also, MODDA FAWKING FLAT NOSE TRUCK! I was really disapointed that there were no truck duel in DOTM between Optimus and Megs. This time, let
I dunno if I
---------------------

As for hound... I think I will not be able to wait until the thing come out in stores. I WANT IT RIGHT NAO!
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573692)
Posted by Diem on May 13th, 2014 @ 7:24pm CDT
I'm digging that Hound. A good example of how a transformation can be simple but good at the same time. Excellent array of weapons too. Shame about the Duck Dynasty head, but what you gonna do? I already ordered this guy from HTS.

I just got Crosshairs, Slug and Scorn in the mail (ordered them Sunday night, Amazon is VERY quick when you live in L.A.). Crosshairs has a frustrating transformation due to his stupid rubber flaps but it's nice that he comes with three guns and appropriate stowing spaces, his car mode is very pretty, and his robot mode is decent enough.

Slug and Scorn are both great. I dig that the medieval appearance on their robot modes makes them look distinctive and different, but not obnoxiously so. Their dino modes are great too, very fearsome and organic.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573696)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 13th, 2014 @ 7:37pm CDT
I may also wait for Takara's version of Galvatron, if there will be one. Even if I buy it, I'll probably keep it in truck mode. The robot mode doesn't impress me, but that truck mode is boss.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573700)
Posted by dragons on May 13th, 2014 @ 7:43pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Just saw the Galvatron video review. Sure, it
But.

The engeneering is BRILLIANT! It the first time a shelformer impress me that much. Also, MODDA FAWKING FLAT NOSE TRUCK! I was really disapointed that there were no truck duel in DOTM between Optimus and Megs. This time, let
I dunno if I
---------------------

As for hound... I think I will not be able to wait until the thing come out in stores. I WANT IT RIGHT NAO!


what he said who cares if there shellformers or not as long they look good in both modes that's what we want that's what we got bots that are shellformers look good in both modes isn't that point begin with shellformers or not
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573702)
Posted by Siger on May 13th, 2014 @ 7:50pm CDT
KirbyForce1 wrote:
Siger wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Wish he was fatter.

You mean wish he was more beefcake? I'm sure you don't want to see a huge beer gut and rolls of fat on this guy like 36% of Americans. :lol:

I do actually, because that's how he looks in the movie.

Oh, my mistake then. I didn't see him in the trailer. Didn't know he's an obese-bot. :P
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573705)
Posted by Shockwave7 on May 13th, 2014 @ 8:02pm CDT
Why are they making Mega/Galvatron suffer from 'Truck Envy' in these last couple of movies? If Megs thought that a semi truck was somehow more battle-grade than a cybertronian jet or tank, then DoTM ought to have taught him better. He was a semi truck in DoTM - just like Optimus. But his 'fight' with Optimus (when they FINALLY got around to it) was only about ten seconds, with Optimus easily ripping Megatron to shreds using only one arm.

Clearly having a semi-truck alt mode is no guarantee of power and toughness, at least not in the Bayverse.

All in all, I've been extremely let down by Bay's treatment of the Decepticon bosses in ALL of his Tformer movies to date.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573706)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 13th, 2014 @ 8:13pm CDT
Shockwave7 wrote:Why are they making Mega/Galvatron suffer from 'Truck Envy' in these last couple of movies? If Megs thought that a semi truck was somehow more battle-grade than a cybertronian jet or tank, then DoTM ought to have taught him better. He was a semi truck in DoTM - just like Optimus. But his 'fight' with Optimus (when they FINALLY got around to it) was only about ten seconds, with Optimus easily ripping Megatron to shreds using only one arm.

Clearly having a semi-truck alt mode is no guarantee of power and toughness, at least not in the Bayverse.

All in all, I've been extremely let down by Bay's treatment of the Decepticon bosses in ALL of his Tformer movies to date.


Yeah, the extremely cool truck mode of Megatron in DotM was COMPLETELY WASTED.
This is what I expected from DotM:

>Optimus is in truck mode. He carry precious humains and/or the McGuffin Device.
>Out of nowhere, Optimus is rammed from the rear!
>Humain check the side-way mirror and see a very, VERY menacing looking truck gaining on them and about to ram again!
>Some epic truck chase ensue, with lots of stuff crashing/exploding everywhere.
>IMPASSE!
>Optimus stop, the humans exit the vehicle, and Optimus transform to face the threat.
>The evil looking truck speed up, and as it ram Optimus, TRANSFORM INTO HIS ARCH-NEMESIS, MEGATRON!
>The battle go on, but this time, between the robot titants.


Y U NO LET ME SEE THAT IN DOTM, BAY? :michaelbay:

Hopefully, the fact that Galvy change into a truck in AoE, it will make my dream scene happen.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573707)
Posted by dreadwing95 on May 13th, 2014 @ 8:15pm CDT
Shockwave7 wrote:Why are they making Mega/Galvatron suffer from 'Truck Envy' in these last couple of movies? If Megs thought that a semi truck was somehow more battle-grade than a cybertronian jet or tank, then DoTM ought to have taught him better. He was a semi truck in DoTM - just like Optimus. But his 'fight' with Optimus (when they FINALLY got around to it) was only about ten seconds, with Optimus easily ripping Megatron to shreds using only one arm.

Clearly having a semi-truck alt mode is no guarantee of power and toughness, at least not in the Bayverse.

All in all, I've been extremely let down by Bay's treatment of the Decepticon bosses in ALL of his Tformer movies to date.

to be fair he was actually trying to hide in dom and a cybertronian tank doesnt exactly fit in here lol
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573708)
Posted by Siger on May 13th, 2014 @ 8:17pm CDT
Yep, that was Megatron's evasion mode of shame.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573713)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 13th, 2014 @ 8:56pm CDT
Hound is easily, most definitely one of the stars (if not the star) of Age of Extinction. I can't say the same about Galvatron.

Only things I wish were different on Hound are the odd shape of his forearms and his size class. Hound definitely should be a Leader-class figure. Even if his some-what easy transformation was retained, I'd eat him up. Will definitely look into picking him up.

As for Galvatron... ugh, it's just awful. Needs more paint, especially on his face and weapon, the simplicity of his transformation kills it for me, visible robot parts in vehicle mode, and the small size irks me.

Seriously, Hasbro, step up the game. If Galvatron, Leader-class Grimlock, and First Edition Optimus Prime are anything to go by, Age of Extinction is becoming more and more unsatisfactory (though I will say I like this line better than Dark of the Moon). >:oP
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573714)
Posted by Diem on May 13th, 2014 @ 8:58pm CDT
Siger wrote:Yep, that was Megatron's evasion mode of shame.


Evasion Mode of Shame is my new band name.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573717)
Posted by Siger on May 13th, 2014 @ 9:04pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Hound is easily, most definitely one of the stars (if not the star) of Age of Extinction. I can't say the same about Galvatron.

Only things I wish were different on Hound are the odd shape of his forearms and his size class. Hound definitely should be a Leader-class figure. Even if his some-what easy transformation was retained, I'd eat him up. Will definitely look into picking him up.

As for Galvatron... ugh, it's just awful. Needs more paint, especially on his face and weapon, the simplicity of his transformation kills it for me, visible robot parts in vehicle mode, and the small size irks me.

Seriously, Hasbro, step up the game. If Galvatron, Leader-class Grimlock, and First Edition Optimus Prime are anything to go by, Age of Extinction is becoming more and more unsatisfactory (though I will say I like this line better than Dark of the Moon). >:oP


Yeah I agree with you on pretty much all points. Hound is pretty good except for the forearms and beard for me. Personally not into robot beards or that particular beard shape. Why couldn't they give him a 5 o'clock shadow like Wolverine? Galvatron is too simple and too small of a truck. Backpack and cross eyed look also ruined it for me.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573718)
Posted by Siger on May 13th, 2014 @ 9:10pm CDT
Diem wrote:
Siger wrote:Yep, that was Megatron's evasion mode of shame.


Evasion Mode of Shame is my new band name.


:lol: I would like a percentage of any royalties you may earn from that brand.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573720)
Posted by Siger on May 13th, 2014 @ 9:15pm CDT
Image
Image

Hey Curly! Where is Larry and Moe? Derp derp derp :HEADHURTS:
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573729)
Posted by Diem on May 13th, 2014 @ 10:40pm CDT
Honestly, I'm excited for whatever craziness comes out after the screen characters are done. Designers get more daring in Movie years. For ROTF we got a biplane, an icecream van and a frickin toaster. For DOTM we got a snowmobile, a Spider Trike and whatever the hell Thunderhead was.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573735)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 13th, 2014 @ 10:58pm CDT
Garbage.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573747)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 14th, 2014 @ 1:29am CDT
I can't wait for both to come in the mail. Hound looks fantastic, but I'm looking forward to Galvatron as well. If I have any complaints/grievances, I'll air them.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573762)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 14th, 2014 @ 4:15am CDT
Galvatron's truck mode looks pretty cool, actually. Not very "Galvatron" though. More like Motormaster, who I've always seen as Optimus Prime's "evil twin" -- but not in the unimaginative way (e.g. Scourge / Black Convoy.)

I kind of like how the cab collapses. Hound seems like a rather clever toy.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573764)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 14th, 2014 @ 4:32am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Garbage.


Hey, I can say a random word too, without context or anything. Brace yourself, this gonna be epic...

Stadium


See? I'm good.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573765)
Posted by LeL on May 14th, 2014 @ 4:47am CDT
Galvatron needs a bit of TLC from unboxing. Wicked jet pack though :DANCE:
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573770)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 14th, 2014 @ 7:52am CDT
Great year to be a kid looking to score some Transformers. Absolutely crappy year to be a collector looking to find one that's worth a damn.
I'll hand it to Hasbro, they made some excellent kid oriented stuff for the Movie line, which was their goal all along. Kids aren't going to care one bit how badly off the mark the paint job is or how they dropped the ball with the lack of detail in the paint apps or how much that issue with his gun should irritate them (the kids are going to lose or break the gun anyways) or any of the half-dozen other things wrong with this toy. I have to admit that I do like the truck design. I would have bought it for that alone if they hadn't f'd up the color scheme.
So, once again Hasbro comes oh so close to getting another sale out of me but falls short, this time for the dumbest of reasons on their part. That's ok, there's thousands of kids out there to take up the slack of the stuff I'm not buying this year and that's the whole point of Hasbros marketing anyways.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573790)
Posted by El Duque on May 14th, 2014 @ 8:47am CDT
That's to Takara Tomy's Shogo Hasui and TF Yuki we have in-hand images of Transformers: Lost Age's AD-01 Leader Class Optimus Prime and AD-03 Voyager Class Grimlock. Like most of their releases these feature alternate decos compared to their Hasbro counterparts. Check out the images mirrored below:

Image

Image
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573793)
Posted by Diem on May 14th, 2014 @ 8:49am CDT
After having fiddled with Scorn for a while it's safe to say that he's one of the best figures in this initial lineup and is legitimately a great figure on his own merits.

In beast mode he has nothing on him that suggests his robot mode. Sure, one side of his torso is obviously a robot mode chest but that's more down to my own presumptions and not a flaw in the design. His arm is perfectly integrated into his beast mode head (as a bonus this means the beast mode can look side to side in a very sinister fashion). With the exception of the tail which is just one big chunk he's got all the right posability in this mode.

The transformation isn't about to puzzle anyone (though if you're the type who doesn't use instructions you might encounter a few "oh, I never realised that could peg in there" moments) but it's just involved enough to be interesting. In robot mode he's fantastic too. The "black knight" head design won't be to everyone's taste but I love how stand-offish and menacing it makes him look. His sword clips smoothly into his tail and his back sail, now in the form of huge, spiky shoulder fins looks great. Again my only concern is lack of flexibility on his tail arm but in this mode at least it's a huge pointy lance.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573797)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 14th, 2014 @ 8:53am CDT
Can anything be done for Scorn's super tiny knee joints? (the black connecting part)
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573800)
Posted by TimothyR on May 14th, 2014 @ 8:58am CDT
for the amount of money we're paying for hasbro's leader prime.. it should've looked like this.. it sucks that takara understands the brand better than hasbro does.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573804)
Posted by Diem on May 14th, 2014 @ 9:18am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Can anything be done for Scorn's super tiny knee joints? (the black connecting part)


They're actually double-jointed so in robot mode his "real" knee is at the top of his red boot section while the visible part acts as the lower half of his thigh (which admittedly is tiny, but works with the knight in armour appearance.

Image[/URL]
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573810)
Posted by Bluespindash97 on May 14th, 2014 @ 9:36am CDT
I'm getting a Heavy from Team Fortress 2 vibe from Hound which is awesome, but Galvatron is covered in lazy grey (good I hate Galvatron, more reason to hate him). Hound is now a must buy, if only to stand him around yelling CRY SOME MORE!
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573822)
Posted by Flashwave on May 14th, 2014 @ 9:54am CDT
I'm sarting to see FoC Onslaught's grill in his chest and am startign to want an Onslaught repaint now...
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573825)
Posted by Bluespindash97 on May 14th, 2014 @ 9:57am CDT
Repaints of figures that came out 15 years ago
Hasbro what the hell?
Actually these guys look better than some of the new stuff!
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573838)
Posted by william-james88 on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:18am CDT
Diem wrote:
The transformation isn't about to puzzle anyone (though if you're the type who doesn't use instructions you might encounter a few "oh, I never realised that could peg in there" moments)


That describes me so well, I am glad to know I am not the only one out there to think that so many times.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573840)
Posted by Diem on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:35am CDT
Bluespindash97 wrote:Repaints of figures that came out 15 years ago
Hasbro what the hell?


You might be alone on that. We loves us some repaints of figures that came out 15 years ago.

william-james88 wrote:
Diem wrote:
The transformation isn't about to puzzle anyone (though if you're the type who doesn't use instructions you might encounter a few "oh, I never realised that could peg in there" moments)


That describes me so well, I am glad to know I am not the only one out there to think that so many times.


I'm one of the ones that DOES read the instructions, but I know my audience. ;)
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573841)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:38am CDT
El Duque wrote:That's to Takara Tomy's Shogo Hasui and TF Yuki we have in-hand images of Transformers: Lost Age's AD-01 Leader Class Optimus Prime and AD-03 Voyager Class Grimlock. Like most of their releases these feature alternate decos compared to their Hasbro counterparts. Check out the images mirrored below:
There's one more pic o the Japanese toys that TF Yuki Tweeted - https://twitter.com/TFYUKI/status/466138827007201280

Image
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573843)
Posted by william-james88 on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:43am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:There's one more pic o the Japanese toys that TF Yuki Tweeted - https://twitter.com/TFYUKI/status/466138827007201280

Image


Can anyone identify them all?

On the bottom I see Jolt, Ratchet, optimus Prime and Starscrea but I cannot make out the last one
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573846)
Posted by Diem on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:52am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:There's one more pic o the Japanese toys that TF Yuki Tweeted - https://twitter.com/TFYUKI/status/466138827007201280

Image


Can anyone identify them all?

On the bottom I see Jolt, Ratchet, optimus Prime and Starscrea but I cannot make out the last one


'S Dispensor.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573849)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 14th, 2014 @ 10:56am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:There's one more pic o the Japanese toys that TF Yuki Tweeted - https://twitter.com/TFYUKI/status/466138827007201280

Image


Can anyone identify them all?

On the bottom I see Jolt, Ratchet, optimus Prime and Starscrea but I cannot make out the last one
Easily.

Top row, left-to-right:
  • AD12 Revenge Optimus Prime
  • AD08 Battle Blade Bumblebee
  • AD01 Optimus Prime
  • AD03 Grimlock
  • AD02 Classic Optimus Prime
  • AD13 Devastator
Middle row, left-to-right:
  • AD05 Scorn
  • AD04 Classic Bumblebee
  • AD06 Crosshairs
  • AD07 Dinobot Slug
Bottom row, left-to-right:
  • AD14 Jolt
  • AD15 Ratchet
  • AD09 Protoform Optimus Prime
  • AD10 Starscream
  • AD11 Dispensor
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573851)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 14th, 2014 @ 11:00am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:There's one more pic o the Japanese toys that TF Yuki Tweeted - https://twitter.com/TFYUKI/status/466138827007201280

Image


Can anyone identify them all?

On the bottom I see Jolt, Ratchet, optimus Prime and Starscrea but I cannot make out the last one


Top row: Revenge Optimus Prime (aka Battle Blades), Battle Blade Bumblebee Leader Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock, Evasion Mode Optimus Prime, Devastator

Middle Row: Scorn, High Octane Bumblebee, Crosshairs, Dinobot Slug

Bottom Row: Jolt, Ratchet, Protoform Optimus Prime, Starscream, Dispensor.

In short, AD01 though AD15. And may I say, putting Battle Blade Bumblebee in a Voyager box is a big cheat. He almost costs as much as a Voyager in yen!
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573853)
Posted by william-james88 on May 14th, 2014 @ 11:12am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Top row: Revenge Optimus Prime (aka Battle Blades), Battle Blade Bumblebee Leader Optimus Prime, Voyager Grimlock, Evasion Mode Optimus Prime, Devastator

Middle Row: Scorn, High Octane Bumblebee, Crosshairs, Dinobot Slug

Bottom Row: Jolt, Ratchet, Protoform Optimus Prime, Starscream, Dispensor.

In short, AD01 though AD15. And may I say, putting Battle Blade Bumblebee in a Voyager box is a big cheat. He almost costs as much as a Voyager in yen!



Thanks! Too bad there was no lockdown, that surprised me
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573854)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 14th, 2014 @ 11:13am CDT
If I were a wealthy man that Optimus would be mine :x Oh well, I probably will wait for a sale and get the american version at a fraction of the cost. It doesn't seem like alot of people like the toy, but from the moment I saw it I liked it.
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573856)
Posted by william-james88 on May 14th, 2014 @ 11:17am CDT
Sorry if I will sound ignorant, but I noticed that both AD 26 Bumblbee and AD 27 Lockdown have the same blacked out shape.

Does this indicate that they are the same mold? Or is it just there as a stock preorder pick before being revealed fully?

http://www.agesthreeandup.com/transformers-age-of-extinction-ad26-lockdown-takara/

http://www.agesthreeandup.com/transformers-age-of-extinction-ad27-new-bumblebee-takara/
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573864)
Posted by kricket on May 14th, 2014 @ 11:28am CDT
this looks pretty kewl
Re: Video Review - Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Hound (1573865)
Posted by Diem on May 14th, 2014 @ 11:28am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Sorry if I will sound ignorant, but I noticed that both AD 26 Bumblbee and AD 27 Lockdown have the same blacked out shape.

Does this indicate that they are the same mold? Or is it just there as a stock preorder pick before being revealed fully?

http://www.agesthreeandup.com/transformers-age-of-extinction-ad26-lockdown-takara/

http://www.agesthreeandup.com/transformers-age-of-extinction-ad27-new-bumblebee-takara/


It's the latter.

Click here to view an additional 2112 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014